ffsage

Apr 2, 2020
Well, everything below is just my vision of BaDIK so far but I think Cathy's photo was posted by Riona while Quinn and Camila was distracting Tommy and Rusty. They did it cuz Dawe hired Quinn to post a cluck from DIKs laptop so he would have an excuse to walk around with those posters. He took the photo and "DIKs cluck" was perfect excuse if someone asked where he got it from.
Dawe has the perfect motive to hit two birds with one rock - he hates Cathy cuz she made fun of him (inadvertently I guess but still she did) and he hates DIKs for almost all of them fucked Arieth.
You have some solid points. But I cannot think a single reason for Quinn and other girls to cooperate with Dawe on Cathy's photo leak. Why would they do that? Money would really be a CHEAP excuse...

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I think when all is said and done, whoever it is that sent the Cathy cluck is going to make as much sense as who shot Mr Burns. We are all going to be scratching our heads and saying "Leon? Really? Fucking why?"

Lovv99

Aug 25, 2020
does new update continue story of old characters or it is chapter with other characters? Because I see in banner new characters.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
anyone have update patch 0.7.2 to 0.8.0
There's no official update patch. There is an though.
I see a bunch of posts about this Interlude plot, but not about how to start playing it.
Transferring save files to Season 3
Whenever I'm trying to continue the game with my previous save (version 8.1) it's giving me an error message. (I'm using the android version).
What error message? Are you using IMPORT to pull saves from v0.8.x? Are the v0.8 & Interlude versions from the same Android builder? You might need to ping whoever made the Android build you're using.
is there a save to unlock all rewards and scenes for season 1 and 2 and where do i put them
Check the OP: Extras > Save. Read & follow the instructions.
Can someone help me... ? I have the season 2 export on my Android emulator (Blustacks) and downloaded right now the mac vesion of season 3. Where should I copy the export from Android to be able to play... ?
Ah, so you say if I make a 0.8.2 with these two version it shouldn't crash? I will give it a try, thanks :) I downladed the MAC version from the 1. post btw.
Shouldn't it go into the save folder ? For Ren'Py games on Mac that's ~/Library/Renpy/(name of game + some number).
Don't copy your normal saves across from 0.8, they won't work in Interlude/0.9. The transfer saves made in v0.8 are in a different place. On Windows it's:
%AppData%\RenPy\persistent\BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845

You'd need to find that file on your Android version, and copy it to where ever it needs to go on Mac. Judging from PBS666's reply I'd guess that's here:
~/Library/RenPy/persistent/BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845

But I don't use Android or Mac for Ren'Py games, so don't know for sure.
does new update continue story of old characters or it is chapter with other characters? Because I see in banner new characters.
The Interlude is a short update, which mostly focuses on your ex-girlfriends time away in San Diego. We'll go back to the 'old' characters in the next 0.9 update (along with at least one of the 'new' characters).

Last edited:

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
in my opinion making Zoey the protagonist of the interlude was a winning choice, just because we practically didn't know her, in this way we can, as players, make her what we want (even if probably this will not have much impact on the next story)
in this case in my opinion is much more pronounced the difference between the choices Chick and those Dik, Zoey Dik is not a girl who wants to have fun and says inappropriate things, but is really a bitch who treats badly all those around her, the dichotomy is much stronger than with MC in the normal game.

instead from the point of view of the narrative in my opinion had a problem due to the excessive speed with which events unfold.
in BADIk we are used to chapters of 5-6 hours of gameplay that cover a couple of weeks, in the interlude an hour of gameplay corresponds to several months, this different speed leads to the fact that everything seems too fast: Zoey is as confident before leaving as insecure as soon as she leaves, after the first lesson in the sea she already doesn't like surfing, she meets Emma and immediately she is her best friend, as suddenly she becomes her worst enemy. all too much but too fast, making all the characters quite schizophrenic
Yeah, agreed. It does give us some context as to some of what Zoey experienced in San Diego, but overall the events are still quite vague, and the spontaneity of Emma's personality change is absolute nonsense. Makes her character seem schizophrenic and bipolar even, what with them just going from talking about tattoos to Emma refusing to believe that her "best friend" isn't fucking her ex, who she's never even openly talked about with Zoey for a few months. To the extent that she'd trash her on socmed by posting a nude pic of her that could only have been taken through a dare? Man, Emma's either a genius schemer or I'm too dumb to have seen that coming at all.

What's more is Zoey doesn't seem to have improved all that much in those few months of surfing education, since usually, even if you dislike something, you do actually have some love for it if you're somewhat good at it. It's just like me with math: I say I hate it, but honestly speaking it's pretty fun, just I don't want to get too into it because I know I'm just somewhat above average compared to others.

Overall, her character seems quite static. She hasn't changed much and just wants to go back to her old life. There hasn't been any character development, and she's just here in the game as a filler.

Maybe the pacing is rushed because after all, Zoey is a side character, but if that's the case I'd honestly prefer it if DPC made an interlude about crucial life events that led the FMCs to where they are today. Like a compilation kind of thing. That'd seem interesting.

Ok, let's pray there are more big-ass Sage scenes in the next update. See you in July.
Amen to that brother. Loved the new warning scene with Sage looking sexy as always.

Reactions: Cricco and ename144

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Yeah, agreed. It does give us some context as to some of what Zoey experienced in San Diego, but overall the events are still quite vague, and the spontaneity of Emma's personality change is absolute nonsense. Makes her character seem schizophrenic and bipolar even, what with them just going from talking about tattoos to Emma refusing to believe that her "best friend" isn't fucking her ex, who she's never even openly talked about with Zoey for a few months. To the extent that she'd trash her on socmed by posting a nude pic of her that could only have been taken through a dare? Man, Emma's either a genius schemer or I'm too dumb to have seen that coming at all.
My theory is that Emma started being jealous of Zoey when they first gathered at the bar and Bret focused so much attention on Zoey. Emma's jealousy grew from there as Bret lavished daily attention on Zoey. I believe that everything that happened from the beach scene on was premeditated by Emma to punish Zoey: getting her to pose mostly naked; causing her pain through the nipple piercings; culminating in the confrontation. Unfortunately, DPC only showed us that first hint at the bar and none thereafter until the blowup. That was probably a deliberate omission so he could say, 'SURPRISE! DRAMA!'

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
My theory is that Emma started being jealous of Zoey when they first gathered at the bar and Bret focused so much attention on Zoey. Emma's jealousy grew from there as Bret lavished daily attention on Zoey. I believe that everything that happened from the beach scene on was premeditated by Emma to punish Zoey: getting her to pose mostly naked; causing her pain through the nipple piercings; culminating in the confrontation. Unfortunately, DPC only showed us that first hint at the bar and none thereafter until the blowup. That was probably a deliberate omission so he could say, 'SURPRISE! DRAMA!'
There's a certain logic to that, but the execution still seems wrong. If this was Emma's plan all along, why did her mood change so drastically when Bret walks in on Zoey's nipple piercing? Why even offer to pierce Zoey's nipples at all once she had the photos she wanted?

Come to think of it, was the piercing the same day they took the photos? It takes place immediately after, but Emma seems to be wearing a different black bikini top, and you'd think it might take a little time to setup the operation. If so, it makes it even less likely it was premeditated if Emma sat on the pictures for a day or two.

I think DPC's intent was the Emma was always a little defensive about Bret, and Zoey never picked up on it until the nipple piercing incident. At that point all Emma's smoldering resentment ignited; when Zoey pushed back at Emma's questions (and then Bret admitted feeling close to Zoey when questioned separately) Emma went ballistic and posted the photos.

Unfortunately, Emma's defensiveness was a little *too* subtle, especially given the short amount of time she had to establish it. As a result it feels like Emma just goes crazy one day.

Draco0

Apr 20, 2020
Unofficial Android Port for :

Being a DIK [v0.8.2] + Scrappy's Mod

Download [Slightly Graphic Quality Reduced]
[Size: 2.02 Gb]

Download [Apk+Obb] [Slightly Graphic Quality Reduced]
[Size: 1.96 Gb]

Download [Good Graphic Quality]
[Size: 2.80 Gb]

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

Could you re-upload the version[Apk+Obb] [Slightly Graphic Quality Reduced]
[Size: 1.96 Gb]

The mega link is dead

FlyinginTime

Sep 16, 2021
The crash after the windows thing isn't a crash, it's actually a cheat check causing the game to quit.
I've attached a quick patch, but feel free to look for other calls to renpy.quit() (there's also a check for the filename 1NewCheatMod.rpyc as well as for the game running on Android).

EDIT: I've attached the patch corresponding to the 0.8.1 update. The one without a version in the filename is the original 0.8.0.
EDIT2: 0.8.2 added.
Do I have to use this anyway or only if it crashes?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

What's more is Zoey doesn't seem to have improved all that much in those few months of surfing education, since usually, even if you dislike something, you do actually have some love for it if you're somewhat good at it. It's just like me with math: I say I hate it, but honestly speaking it's pretty fun, just I don't want to get too into it because I know I'm just somewhat above average compared to others.

Overall, her character seems quite static. She hasn't changed much and just wants to go back to her old life. There hasn't been any character development, and she's just here in the game as a filler.

Maybe the pacing is rushed because after all, Zoey is a side character, but if that's the case I'd honestly prefer it if DPC made an interlude about crucial life events that led the FMCs to where they are today. Like a compilation kind of thing. That'd seem interesting.

Amen to that brother. Loved the new warning scene with Sage looking sexy as always.
probably would have worked better an interlude focused on a more limited period, for example Zoey's last days in San Diego, or on the contrary on the first days of her relationship with MC.
anyway it's enough to keep in mind that in reality much more time passes than what is perceived to make the story more believable

voriand

Feb 25, 2019
I will try it out. But there
There's no official update patch. There is an though.

Transferring save files to Season 3

What error message? Are you using IMPORT to pull saves from v0.8.x? Are the v0.8 & Interlude versions from the same Android builder? You might need to ping whoever made the Android build you're using.

Check the OP: Extras > Save. Read & follow the instructions.

Don't copy your normal saves across from 0.8, they won't work in Interlude/0.9. The transfer saves made in v0.8 are in a different place. On Windows it's:
%AppData%\RenPy\persistent\BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845

You'd need to find that file on your Android version, and copy it to where ever it needs to go on Mac. Judging from PBS666's reply I'd guess that's here:
~/Library/RenPy/persistent/BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845

But I don't use Android or Mac for Ren'Py games, so don't know for sure.

The Interlude is a short update, which mostly focuses on your ex-girlfriends time away in San Diego. We'll go back to the 'old' characters in the next 0.9 update (along with at least one of the 'new' characters).
I created a version with the two mac engine zip-s, the game still crashes after this sentence (quits):
Képernyőfotó 2022-03-14 - 8.37.46.png
So, I can't use the mac version to create the export.

I found the "BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845" save file on the Android version I got, so I created one folder name "BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845" in Library/RenPy/ and copied it into it. Directories look like this now:

Képernyőfotó 2022-03-14 - 8.40.23.png

Game still don't see anything... What am I doing wrong...? o_O

Képernyőfotó 2022-03-14 - 8.44.04.png

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes