NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Of the myriad complaints I harbor regarding the game, (no game is perfect after all) the music choices are not on that list. I recall during my initial playthrough that I found the beginning of the game very unremarkable in almost every way. Then Maya kidnapped the MC, the music of the cumpetition kicked in, and I was hooked. Not all the choices are winners, mind you, but the large majority do a lot of heavy lifting to set the mood the author seems to be going for.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
Best music cue of the game is during the surprise party

Just the bros chillin and drinking beers. Perfect song for that

Topper69

May 16, 2020
It could also be that Sage knows about the restaurant and tolerates it if it is hidden and voluntary. But what Sage will not like is that Quinn puts pressure on the girls and the MC knows nothing about it.
I don't think Sage knows about the restaurant because part of it is the deal with burke her step dad. I can't think of any scenario where Sage would accept something like this given her personality.
Rather, I think that if Sage found out about this, she would blow it up in some way.

Reactions: vogelbeest

Topper69

May 16, 2020
Question, do you have to take drugs to take the quinn path??
As far as I remember to get all available Quinn content you have to:
  • accept and use the restaurant offers to the fullest
  • prefer DIK affinity
  • smoke weed at the rooftop
  • be on Sage path.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I think that explanation works fine for Season 1, but it falls apart pretty hard in Season 2 when Sage is praising the MC up and down for his support and honesty.

By Episode 8 the MC knows more than enough to realize that a) Quinn's antics are at least as dangerous to the HOTs as the jock feud is to the DIKs, and b) Sage almost certainly doesn't know what Quinn is getting up to. There's really no excuse for him to keep that information a secret unless he himself has used the restaurant.

I do my best to turn a blind eye to the problem since it would obviously derail the story DPC is trying to tell. And as you said, we should strive to keep our criticism respectful. To that end, I feel that DPC should have been more careful about what an MC who isn't using the restaurant knows. That, or he should have made Quinn a sufficiently skilled manipulator that she could plausibly cover up her vice racket even if the MC narks on her.
As I understood it, the criticism of ImCursedJay was about the MC instead of just having the option to either accept or reject Quinns restaurant offer, he should have been given the option to confront Quinn.

Now if you want another option to confront Quinn later down the line ( Season 2 ), thats an entirely different matter alltogether, not unreasonable, but different.

In my opinion, DPC is saving the confrontation for Season 3, for players on the Sage path, so the MC is as involved as possible. The fallout will not only effect the MC and his relationships with the HOT girls, but it will have a huge impact on the HOTs themselves, and I dont think Season 2 was the place for it. The Josy joining, Maya not, plotline, Sage trying to help Maya plotline, Mona plotline, Quinn getting robbed plotline - they would all be moved to 3rd tier plotlines because it would be all about the HOTs imploding.

I also believe the MC needed the time to establish himself among his fellow DIK brothers, because they will be impacted too, we know JB&Elena and Tommy&Heather know about the drugs at the very least. The MC needed to have his voice heard and to matter, no matter what side on the fence he ends up on.

So would it have been possible to let that confrontation take place in Season 2 ? Sure, but I dont think it wouldve been good for the story we know so far. Im kinda looking forward for a big impact decision, as the web of connections and relationships around the MC grows bigger and tighter. I want a real BOOM, not some poof. :D

Topper69

May 16, 2020
Not necessarily. Sage might be cool with the girls voluntarily joining the restaurant to earn some money. Unless prostitution is forbidden in the BaDIK world. Then Sage would definitely object.
In my understanding it's forbidden given the college setup where even booze and parties are forbidden in public.
I don't think Stephen Burke is actively involved with the restaurant. Maybe he orders something from time to time. But then Sage would rather object because Stephen is cheating on her mother Jade.
Hmm, knowing the Mona story (free tuition) my guess is it's part of the deal. Burke stated to Jade that he had 3 college girls already (Mel, Sarah, Riona?).

Last edited:

fmaxityt

Mar 21, 2022
Hi guys, sorry for the trouble.
I just finished season 2, as for season 3 where can I find it? (the interlude)
And do you know when the final 3 will be released? Thanks!

Topper69

May 16, 2020
The BaDIK world is a fantasy world. DPC itself once wrote that it was based on the Americans and the college of its country.

Here in Germany, prostitution is allowed by law. Of course, a college could now set up its own house rules, but these should not violate any law. So if a student wants to prostitute herself, she is allowed to do so.

But this is the BaDIK world and we don't have a BaDIK law book at hand. Ergo, we can only make assumptions about any laws.
Of course we make assumptions about a fantasy world, but we have a few clues given the story. Chad had to resign from the 3-Alphas while attacking the MC, booze and parties are officially forbidden and we have a college setup settled in the states where prostitution is mostly illegal. Even if it would be legal I'm pretty sure no college would accept prostitution within their area of responsibility. DPC has not given any sign that he likes anarchy so far.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Topper69

May 16, 2020
Hi guys, sorry for the trouble.
I just finished season 2, as for season 3 where can I find it? (the interlude)
And do you know when the final 3 will be released? Thanks!
Look at the very first page of this thread, the Interlude is there for download. Right now DPC is working on EP 9, seasons will have 4 eps. The best words would be: It's done when it's done.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
MC on Jill path: in future episodes, will MC be able to tell girlfriend-Jill that in order for this to be long term, he gets to pass her around to various DIKs? :ROFLMAO:

jillpass.jpg

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
As I understood it, the criticism of ImCursedJay was about the MC instead of just having the option to either accept or reject Quinns restaurant offer, he should have been given the option to confront Quinn.

Now if you want another option to confront Quinn later down the line ( Season 2 ), thats an entirely different matter alltogether, not unreasonable, but different.

In my opinion, DPC is saving the confrontation for Season 3, for players on the Sage path, so the MC is as involved as possible. The fallout will not only effect the MC and his relationships with the HOT girls, but it will have a huge impact on the HOTs themselves, and I dont think Season 2 was the place for it. The Josy joining, Maya not, plotline, Sage trying to help Maya plotline, Mona plotline, Quinn getting robbed plotline - they would all be moved to 3rd tier plotlines because it would be all about the HOTs imploding.

I also believe the MC needed the time to establish himself among his fellow DIK brothers, because they will be impacted too, we know JB&Elena and Tommy&Heather know about the drugs at the very least. The MC needed to have his voice heard and to matter, no matter what side on the fence he ends up on.

So would it have been possible to let that confrontation take place in Season 2 ? Sure, but I dont think it wouldve been good for the story we know so far. Im kinda looking forward for a big impact decision, as the web of connections and relationships around the MC grows bigger and tighter. I want a real BOOM, not some poof. :D
You're an optimist; I think DPC is saving the confrontation for Season 4. :(

At any rate, I agree the MC and his relationships weren't ready for this confrontation in Season 2, that's why I said it would derail the story DPC was trying to tell. But things in a story shouldn't happen just to suit the author's whim. They should happen because of the the characters within the story attempting to deal with the situations they encounter. The author has broad powers, but the art of story crafting is to set up the world and characters in such a way that their interactions will bring about the story you want to tell without any further tinkering.

No story is perfect and BaDIK is better than most, but I think this is an area where it falls short. There are several reasons for an MC to want to call attention to Quinn's actions (especially if he's on Maya or Sage's path), and there's very little reason for him to keep quiet (if he isn't using the restaurant and isn't fond of Quinn). Yet the closest he ever comes to mentioning it is his bizarrely vague warning to Maya in Episode 3.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes