Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
That's a flag, reminder for DPC for episode 7. You have a different scene with Josy , in episode 7 if you dont fuck her. Thats what its purpose was, nothing more. Its still what I say, either A or B scene, there is nor C, D, F , Scene.
The rebound guy talk, did not take into consideration your episode 6 decisions. It is the same whether you are Fuck Buddy with Sage or not, or if you are but you go in to date with Jill instead. See waht I mean. That scene exsited the way it is for the next scene in the Hot's party.

It's allowed the player to Enter Sage relationship, or path, if they were not until this point, But if you already where it's basically just the same scene. All this because overal it take less work. its two with one stone. You right on the we don't have the talk with Josy and Maya at episode 8 ending, and episode 9 could be the one, that resolve this. May be Dik affinity MC get rejected, by them, or may be Josy this time chose MC over Maya in that case. But this trully only exist if you part of their relatinship. Otherwise it does not matter, You can't even chose to be wiht them if you not part of their relationship already.

See, where I'm going with this? If there is a solo path with any of them at all, It can only be bloomed from the actual relationship you already in.
If you not part of their relationship, they are in a different bubble.

Now, may be they break up, and thats allow you to pick one, may be, but what I'm saying is that its extra work, and does not fit in the story, because episode 4 was long time ago. He even have a line in I think episode 7 or 8 if you are jsut friend with them . to Derek, he say, thats what I did wiht Josy, ( or Maya ) , moved on. When Derek say, he moves on from Ash. I will search it for you :). May be I wont becasue I dont have save anymore form that part :ROFLMAO:
There is actually very little that depends on those two flags, for now. You get to comfort Maya or Josy even if you are not on pathMayaJosy. But other than a relationship point or two, and there are a couple of text differences, that's about it.

I too have wondered if you can get with just one of them outside of the Maya/Josy path, and that's why I've sucked up to Maya in my CHICK path, and to Josy in my DIK path, but it remains to be seen if anything will come of that in the future.

There is also no doubt that in pathMayaJosy, the player can favor one over the other, which results in sex-scene differences (which to me are significant enough to see both). Don't know how that will play out either. Dr Pink Cake seems to realize that not everyone likes both characters, but wants to keep that pairing alive and thriving. So he gives those people enough choices along the way to allow them to play that route without them gnashing their teeth too much.

So, solo paths for Maya and Josy could be possible, but the complexity might be too much. Don't forget that we will most likely have Zoey to add even more complexity to an already complex situation. Epilogues could be a possibility here, but that's a loooooong wait for anyone who wants that.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
so here it as I said,:
Just friend with Josy and Maya, but told derek still have feeling for Josy in episode 5 :
View attachment 1779127
vs
Being on Josy path:
View attachment 1779128

this is where those " flags" were used. But as you can see and this where the actual gameplay and conversations comes in play, MC in the first options, basically telling Derek, He is moving on. On the Friends path. Whereas the second option, the three way realtinship, He said, He "tried" , but we know how that worked out. :ROFLMAO:.

So with everything all together, I hold myself to it , that in this moment the fact , if you were not part of the Josy Maya relationship, then thats it for it, and that ship has sailed.
IF episode 7 would have been different, if when Josy moved to the Hots, was truly a breaking point for Jojo and Maya relationship, that could have been the individual sole path for them, or at least a start of it
But it didnt have any affect at all.
I see what you mean and I absolutely love it that we can play the game and come to 2 completely different opinions. :D

For me it was always crystal clear that there is not a snowball chance in hell, that the 3way can ever evolve into a single path. I just cant see either Maya or Josy breaking up and then on top of that steal their man away from the other, and I dont see a MC on a Maya/Josy path going along with it either.

And the flag has been used for 'just' that YET, but it could certainly come into play later aswell. It did move over to the S3 interlude.

For me the next big confirmation was the "others" choice at the end of EP8. Yea, I knew it keeps Quinn alive and opens up the path for Zoey, but it also seems to me like the perfect segway to the breakup.

Maya/Josy are the only choice the MC doesnt inform of his choice and then they walk into a situation which probably features Maya's last chance of breaking free of Patrick. It just works out soooo smoothly. If the MC is their boyfriend, there probably will be a price to pay for him to assure Maya gets the help she needs, and if he is 'just a friend' he will stand there and see it all explode because Josy wont put up with another 3 years of Patrick-prison or Maya will finally fold under the pressure.

Admittingly your version is more efficient, because all Maya and Josy content will be under one roof and players can enjoy all of it in one playthrough, whereas my version strictly seperates the two and its basically another choice that locks you out of certain content.

At least we agree that a break up will happen under certain conditions, so there is consensus. :D

Man, I cant wait for Ep09, it will put us so much closer to the solution. :D
There is actually very little that depends on those two flags, for now. You get to comfort Maya or Josy even if you are not on pathMayaJosy. But other than a relationship point or two, and there are a couple of text differences, that's about it.

I too have wondered if you can get with just one of them outside of the Maya/Josy path, and that's why I've sucked up to Maya in my CHICK path, and to Josy in my DIK path, but it remains to be seen if anything will come of that in the future.

There is also no doubt that in pathMayaJosy, the player can favor one over the other, which results in sex-scene differences (which to me are significant enough to see both). Don't know how that will play out either. Dr Pink Cake seems to realize that not everyone likes both characters, but wants to keep that pairing alive and thriving. So he gives those people enough choices along the way to allow them to play that route without them gnashing their teeth too much.

So, solo paths for Maya and Josy could be possible, but the complexity might be too much. Don't forget that we will most likely have Zoey to add even more complexity to an already complex situation. Epilogues could be a possibility here, but that's a loooooong wait for anyone who wants that.
One disappointing scene was when the mc "defends" Josy from Alex (I think it was Alex, one of the Jocks anyway) at the HOTs party: If you're not on Josy's path with Maya, and the mc pretends to be her boyfriend and kisses her to get rid of the jock, she kinda freaks out and wants to forget it happened.

As far as the game is concerned though, it's forgotten immediately, i.e. there is no flag set to suggest the mc did that. I was hoping all these little side actions with Josy could add up to something later in the game...

• Sad
Reactions: NebulousShooter

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I don't agree with Zoey being in the Others category. The bigger impact would be the Jill and M&J route. You just settled on your choice and suddenly here comes the ex-GF to kick up the dust again.

Zoey would have lesser impact on the Bella route, especially if you were dating Jill. There's enough trouble in that already.
If Zoey wont end up in the 'others' category, you will witness this forum exploding and DPC's inbox overflowing with hate mail.

If he made an entire Interlude and delayed Season 3, just for Zoey to be an anoyance for those players who just commited, the Interludes reception will go from mediocre to 'lets all meet up and find a nice tree to lynch DPC'.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
If Zoey wont end up in the 'others' category, you will witness this forum exploding and DPC's inbox overflowing with hate mail.

If he made an entire Interlude and delayed Season 3, just for Zoey to be an anoyance for those players who just commited, the Interludes reception will go from mediocre to 'lets all meet up and find a nice tree to lynch DPC'.
Why do you assume that Zoey won't have her own category? I think there is good reason to believe that she won't just be thrown in with Becky, Camila, Elena, Heather, Jade, Karen, Kylie, Lily, Melanie, Nicole, Nora, Penny, Quinn, Riona, Sally, Sandy, Sarah, Tara, etc, etc, etc. :)

Reactions: vogelbeest

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
One thing that has led to confusion is that DPC has changed how he evaluates CHICK/DIK/NEUTRAL affinities. At the beginning, permanent affinities were not even available, and the calculations have changed significantly over time. Now, we are not only pigeon-holed into permanent affinities, but have had to choose our main squeezes. Then consider all of the times where relationship points can be made or lost, and just how meaningless all that is, for the most part, and confusion is bound to flourish.

It would also not be surprising if DPC has modified how the various LIs react to DIK/CHICK choices. I wonder if even he knows how they all should best be played. While he probably has the whole game mapped out, those are nuances that change as the game evolves.
There are three mechanisms in the game:
  • relationship points, practically useless
  • the key choices, for better or for worse, dictated to open and close a relationship
  • affinity, which tends to dominate over the two previous aspects

I have no reason to think that in the second half of the game something will change

now that the affinity is blocked I exclude that the LIs can change their attitude, maybe in the course of this second half even an MC with the "wrong" affinity can have a second chance, but he will have to go through the game over first, we already had one, the one with Jill, right after the big decision. we will have others

Josy is more Dik leaning, while Maya is more Chick leaning, together because of this the Neutral, thats why the three way is available as Neutral. Thats was my statement and I hold myself to it, until proven I'm wrong. and Josy react to Dik more favorable. Drawing diks on steve face, peeking at her and she open her legs to show her thong. Even the Gym sex, is basicly a Dik option. You get Dik point for it.
And if you think about it, the picture you take in pink rose , Josy start the message with " I talked with Maya " Thats the Maya effect. Thats Why I can see the solo path, is different for them alonge the road. If you have the Chick affinity, endgame with solo Maya is possible, and Josy is the oposite.

That's what I hoping for and holding myself to it, if DPC gonna be smart about it, because people wants solo paths , but he already fucked up, because its almost to late, so the only way, if he implement it to the "Three way relationship".

I mean the walkthrough Specifically say, that rejecting Main girls, means you gonna be just friends with them. Bringing a solo path in episode 12 , is stupid . I think more or less but its permanent the choice we make at the end of ep 8, walking back from that is waste of time.

so I think if Josy and Maya get a solo path, blooming it from the Three way relationship is the way to go, combining with who you spend more time with and may be with this affinity thing. Everyone else is prety much settled. We have the "Others" , branch for those who are after 8 episode are not intrested in the main girls.

I think 8 episode was pretty much enough for us to decide who we are interested in, or which girl we wants to see MC move forward. The only thing that truly left, is the possibility for solo Josy or Maya, and I repeat again , I think thats only can be worked from the threesome. Because to many development happened since episode 4 with them. But if you just friends with them none of that development exist.

Will see :)
but if you choose "other" Mc also mentions Josy (if you said you still have feelings for her) and I think he does the same with Maya, in addition to any other secondary girls you have dated.

it can't be a coincidence.

I believe that at some point the Maya and Josy couple will break up anyway, in or out of the trouple, it's a transition that will be there.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Why do you assume that Zoey won't have her own category? I think there is good reason to believe that she won't just be thrown in with Becky, Camila, Elena, Heather, Jade, Karen, Kylie, Lily, Melanie, Nicole, Nora, Penny, Quinn, Riona, Sally, Sandy, Sarah, Tara, etc, etc, etc. :)
I dont, you probably missed the start of that discussion.

I said for me 'others' means LI potential like Quinn or Josy/Maya on single paths and Zoey.

And man, can you name them, did you freestyle that straight from the top of your head ? :D I'd forgotten 25% at least. :D

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Why not ? that's where she belong :ROFLMAO: . While I do enjoyed the Interlude , I still hold myself to that She was not necessary to bring her back. I felt like She was a past, and MC story to Bella was more than enough regarding of her. And thats the first impression, Now try to estabilish that she was mroe than what she was after we spend 8 episode 2 year to develop our relatinships , she can't be more than just an " others" .
Its gonna be hard to sell to people that suddenly MC's feeling for her is bigger than for others.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Take Nick along with you, you'll need somebody to BS with while Chad & Troy are busy, unless he joins in with them, too. I've been wondering for a while now if that's actually Nick's secret, and not that he's betrayed the house to Vinny.
Shit, no wonder Chad didn’t have any interest in Sage. The guy was worn out taking care of both Troy and Nick.:Kappa:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Zoey has only become an option now, so according to me it will be accessible for all players

she has yet to talk to MC, so she's starting from a blank slate.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
but if you choose "other" Mc also mentions Josy (if you said you still have feelings for her) and I think he does the same with Maya, in addition to any other secondary girls you have dated.

it can't be a coincidence.

I believe that at some point the Maya and Josy couple will break up anyway, in or out of the trouple, it's a transition that will be there.
Yeah, and the Walkthrough specifically say, you gonna be friend zoned. The best case scenario the game will have 20 episode. 12 more, but I feel like as I said, it would be to much work, to bring them into the same level. More or less you chasing all these main girl by day one. But you missing out lots of content wiht Josy and Maya, if you are just firends with them, the story is not there for a relationship.
and MC actually come to the realization that he is not Ready for a relationship in the Others path. So I dont think he aim for that.

But it's too much work. Giving content to the Josy path ( and Maya ) , who you doing it from the beginning, separately with those who just started , like 10-12 episode later. It's not the same play field is not equal, and thats double the work, while there are 20 other girl, including 3 other Main girl.
6 month is already too much, and nobody wants to wait 12, because " Hey in this update, I don't give content to this path, wait for the next one " Like city of the Broken dreamers.
The easiest way for the solo path, is blooming out form the polygamy. Hell the possibility is right there, in the next episode. if you fallen to the Dik affinity Maya backs out, and Josy stay with you. This is already one posibility, and the Maya one can come from this one too.

There is even mention a Josy and Maya specific route, you know the one where you not help Maya in episode 3, but you fucked Josy. Even to be on their path you at least have to fuck one of them .

I just don't see other logical way that is manageable and creatable, without the game suffering, narratively and developmently

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Zoey has only become an option now, so according to me it will be accessible for all players

if she is accessible for all players, that episode 8 choice is meaningless. We endure MC inner dilemma for 8 episode, he finally make a commitment, and then He is like : "oh Zoey returned , I'm so confused now "
come on :ROFLMAO:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Dont know what exactly you mean by accessible ? Have contact ? Be BFF's again ? Become a couple ? If you mean she will be pursueable even by players who picked a girl at the end of EP08, it's possible, but not very probably imo. DPC has shown with both games so far, that he's not into path jumping back and forth. I believe that the biggest choice yet remains meaningfull and at least for me Zoey is tailormade for the 'others' choice, especially if she ends up enrolling into B&R.

Well she was a semi-blank before the interlude, we knew that Zoey and the MC grew up together and that they were BFF's. Then the interludes established that the MC loved her, and that Zoey figured out that the MC is what's most important to her.

So she's somewhat of a semi-blank with a clear history and an even clearer intention. How that plays out is hopefully up to us, but as I said, I believe the Ep08 choice will stick.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
if she is accessible for all players, that episode 8 choice is meaningless. We endure MC inner dilemma for 8 episode, he finally make a commitment, and then He is like : "oh Zoey returned , I'm so confused now "
come on :ROFLMAO:
it happens on tv shows from time to time. it's one of those tropes where an old flame with no closure comes back. Kind of like when a LI finally falls in love with the MC and suddenly the supposedly dead husband of the LI comes back. That throws a wrench into things. Same problem if you choose the Bella route and her husband comes back.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Josy is not prone to become DIK, she is NEUTRAL/CHICK. The MC getting points for painting Steve's poster should not be considered dramatic like DIK. It's more of a joke than DIK. A DIK does drugs or fucks his way through the world. And Josy definitely doesn't like that. Josy definitely does not want a Tommy 2.0 as a boyfriend.

By being neutral, Josy is more tolerant of DIK actions, but is not inclined to be or become a DIK herself. I don't see the sex at the gym you described as a DIK option. You get DIK points for it because the MC teases Josy, not fucks her. As the saying goes. "Those who tease love each other." Also, you only get the gym sex scene if the MC is in Josy and Maya's relationship.

According to the official walkthread, the player can't even select the OTHERS girls if the MC is in the Jill and/or Josy/Maya path. In Sage, on the other hand, the OTHERS Girls are available.

This actually means that Josy and Maya will always stay together, even in the friendship path. It will probably turn out that the MC can fuck Josy (Fuckbudddy) and the two agree on a beard relationship. But Josy and Maya will not separate and if they do, it will be temporary.
82b34d8b-7296-4c49-a4ed-2d948af75ba0_text.gif

always86

Mar 19, 2020
it happens on tv shows from time to time. it's one of those tropes where an old flame with no closure comes back. Kind of like when a LI finally falls in love with the MC and suddenly the supposedly dead husband of the LI comes back. That throws a wrench into things. Same problem if you choose the Bella route and her husband comes back.
Completely agree. When I saw his post I did wonder if he’d just never read or watched any relationship drama’s in his life.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
a
Completely agree. When I saw his post I did wonder if he’d just never read or watched any relationship drama’s in his life.
Both of you would have a super valid points, if and only if there was no choice to stay single. If DPC wanted an adversary for the players choice for more drama, he wouldnt have given them a clearcut way out before hand, and 'others' are even selectable while beeing on certain paths.

If the 'stay single' choice wouldnt be in the game, I'd 100% agree with you, but as is, he carved out a super solid niche for Zoey to fit in, so lets not assume the worst just for the hell of it.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes