ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
My favorite aspect of DPC's approach to developing the game is that each release is a full episode, with everything that term implies. DPC approaches this like he's the show runner for a hit series on TV. There's a recap, progress on the various storylines, character development, conflict, mini resolutions, plus some laughs and fap material, and then the episode ends in a way that leaves us hungry for the next one. No other game gets released in this format, to my knowledge. Those games' releases are maybe thirty minutes to an hour or, if you're really lucky, a couple hours of additional playtime, and when the release abruptly ends there's just a message saying something like "That's the end of version X.X" or whatever. It's enormously unsatisfying.

The last thing I would want is for DPC to start releasing updates in randomly sized chunks, like other developers. If he started doing that I would probably continue being a patron, but I would stop playing and not resume until the whole thing was done (assuming I live that long).
Releasing content as complete sub-stories is hardly unique to BaDIK. Plenty of other games do that, too. The major difference with BaDIK is that it just releases an enormous amount of content in those sub-stories.

I like this game and it’s arguably the best on the site. But I want it to always be better. And him irrationally refusing to expand his labor to fit the scope of the project is a mistake in my opinion. I know he has no deadlines, and in fact he makes MORE money the longer it takes him to finish the game (lul). And that decision is one that makes us all collectively lose. We could literally have the exact same quality or even better, but faster. to me, producing whole episodes faster and finishing the complete story within a reasonable time frame is better than the current state of affairs.
The problem is that his decision *ISN'T* irrational! It may not be optimal from our point of view and it may not be what other people would do in his situation, and it's always possible he's simply mistaken, but the decision is entirely rational. Doing everything himself maximizes his own enjoyment and minimizes risk. Even the economics of the situation weigh in favor of staying solo thanks to the way Patreon works. DPC has no incentive to hire help unless he wants to, and he very clearly does not want to.

But beyond that, I'm not sure why anyone assumes it would be easy for him to offload some of his work. His solo output already dwarfs that of some small dev teams. To guarantee increased capabilities, adding a few informal subordinates wouldn't cut it. DPC would need to found a proper development studio. That's a monumental task, and the idea that it would carry no risks to the current project is baffling.

The fundamental problem here isn't that DPC is stubborn, it's the sheer scope of the task: BaDIK is a massive undertaking. There are different ways to approach such a massive task, but all of them carry risk because the underlying task isn't easy. To me, quarreling over DPC's preferred approach misses the point. I think the biggest risk to the project is that the story DPC wants to tell won't be one I want to play, and that risk can't be mitigated no matter how quickly DPC cranks out content.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Releasing content as complete sub-stories is hardly unique to BaDIK. Plenty of other games do that, too. The major difference with BaDIK is that it just releases an enormous amount of content in those sub-stories.

The problem is that his decision *ISN'T* irrational! It may not be optimal from our point of view and it may not be what other people would do in his situation, and it's always possible he's simply mistaken, but the decision is entirely rational. Doing everything himself maximizes his own enjoyment and minimizes risk. Even the economics of the situation weigh in favor of staying solo thanks to the way Patreon works. DPC has no incentive to hire help unless he wants to, and he very clearly does not want to.

But beyond that, I'm not sure why anyone assumes it would be easy for him to offload some of his work. His solo output already dwarfs that of some small dev teams. To guarantee increased capabilities, adding a few informal subordinates wouldn't cut it. DPC would need to found a proper development studio. That's a monumental task, and the idea that it would carry no risks to the current project is baffling.

The fundamental problem here isn't that DPC is stubborn, it's the sheer scope of the task: BaDIK is a massive undertaking. There are different ways to approach such a massive task, but all of them carry risk because the underlying task isn't easy. To me, quarreling over DPC's preferred approach misses the point. I think the biggest risk to the project is that the story DPC wants to tell won't be one I want to play, and that risk can't be mitigated no matter how quickly DPC cranks out content.
I am sure that episode 9 will be the most controversial of all. Before that, the most controversial episodes were 5 and 8, but I think 9 will surpass them all. Why? Just because of the branching. He will just get confused, one branch will contradict another, he will change the characters of the characters for specific purposes. I am looking forward to the new episode, but I am already internally ready to see a large number of inconsistencies and contradictions.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017

fair enough. Perhaps “irrational” wasnt the correct word to use. This is his business now (as he notes in my “fuck you” letter), and the project is big enough and he has enough capital to expand and increase production. And since we can’t tell if the story is something we actually want until we get the finished product (and at this rate that will take several more YEARS), it seems very reasonable that he should easily hire even just one other person to help speed things along. And as far as risk goes, I could likely argue as many points both for him keeping the status quo and for him growing his business. Literally every action and inaction incurs potential risk; to me that’s no excuse to outright refuse the next logical step for his business.

DPC can handle the current workload on his own and he produces good stuff, but it’s painfully slow. It could obviously be done faster with a helper or two, i don’t think that’s debatable. at this point I’d rather him openly admit that he doesn’t want to hire people and speed things up as to not negatively affect his income from patrons. as much as I would dislike that answer, at least it would make sense to me. There isn’t anything else I could hear from him that would actually seem authentic given the amount of stuff on his plate. And at least we could all stop talking about it if we knew for certain that’s why he is so opposed to hiring help for grunt work.

Redd23

Mar 11, 2018
My avatar is hotter than Jaye :Kappa: she literally owns the title 'HOT president' and she has to constantly down like two bottles of water to cool down :BootyTime: this shall displease lostanddamned :Kappa:
1654177277458.png
Carolyn, excuse my language, but what the actual fuck?! Where is Carolyn from your avatar? You created her, and now you have responsibility to take care of her, you can't just abandon her like that!
Once DPC reveals that her name is Trixie or something then I guess it's your call whether you pefer to accept it or continue your fight for real Carolyn to be present in this forum xd

Sage best girl btw so while i grieve for Carolyn I can't be mad at you for the new avatar :D

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I don't feel right pissing on the opinions of some folks, but I don't see any way in which Tara is objectively better. She's a side dish. You know, like having a baked potato to go with that gourmet cut of steak. Sure, she can be fine on her own, but the steak is superior. Having them both together would not be a bad option, considering she punched everybody's V-card in the first place, and she's clearly into both of them.
Funny, because nobody is OBJECTIVELY better than another, because preference is a 1000000000000000% SUBJECTIVE thing.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Year 2027. DrPinkCake:

Hello subscribers. I can't tell you how excited I am for the reviews for Season 4. The game has become the main project in my life and I am pleased that you give me such high support. With that in mind, development on Episode 17 has already begun and I'll be happy to tell you about my second year of FuckFace in the college . Very soon I will submit to the vote ideas for special renders. Stay in touch. I'm very excited about the next episode, I think it's going to be great.

Arigon:
It will end by Chapter 18. Chapter 19 at the ABSOLUTE LATEST.
Please trust me this time. Now I'm absolutely sure. I'm not wrong.
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
actually Arigon claiming that however DPC will conclude BADIK shows himself to be a fan of him

Where can i get first two seasons?
where it is written in the first page

Immagine.jpg

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
You can modify save games(editor attached) if you want, to purge away those bad mistakes (I'm looking at you, Cathy!).

If you aren't sure what a variable for something is, just ask and someone will chime in. There are dudes here who will even modify your save game for you to suit your desires (if you ask them on a good day).
The amount of time it would take to mod the save could be better served by just having the person in question learn how to use the Tab key and make better choices on a speedrun of the game.
Funny, because nobody is OBJECTIVELY better than another, because preference is a 1000000000000000% SUBJECTIVE thing.
Personal taste is subjective, but you are incorrect. Some people simply are objectively better than others, as demonstrated by their actions.
Where can i get first two seasons?
Go back and actually read the 1st post in this thread, where it tells you this.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
Year 2027. DrPinkCake:

Hello subscribers. I can't tell you how excited I am for the reviews for Season 4. The game has become the main project in my life and I am pleased that you give me such high support. With that in mind, development on Episode 17 has already begun and I'll be happy to tell you about second year of FuckFace in the college . Very soon I will submit to the vote ideas for special renders. Stay in touch. I'm very excited about the next episode, I think it's going to be great.

Meanwhile Arigon:

I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
This is too funny! And Arigon as the cherry on top! *chef's kiss
Perfection :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Got me dying over here :KEK:

• Love
Reactions: Master5043

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Year 2027. DrPinkCake:

Hello subscribers. I can't tell you how excited I am for the reviews for Season 4. The game has become the main project in my life and I am pleased that you give me such high support. With that in mind, development on Episode 17 has already begun and I'll be happy to tell you about second year of FuckFace in the college . Very soon I will submit to the vote ideas for special renders. Stay in touch. I'm very excited about the next episode, I think it's going to be great.

Meanwhile Arigon:

It's funny, but I think that's how it will be. But perhaps it will be a game not about MС, but about a new Fuckface.

Reactions: Arigon

Master5043

Jul 30, 2020
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
actually Arigon claiming that however DPC will conclude BADIK shows himself to be a fan of him
It's weird to become a fan and wish for a speedy completion of the project. To assert his opinion as an absolute fact with a manic obsession. Strange love, well I won't judge him.
Just from the point of logic, the project is now approaching the middle (the DPC himself spoke about this). Also, from a storytelling point of view, it's simply impossible to cover all the story arcs and answer all the mysteries in two episodes, even four.
I think we can rest easy, our Nostradamus Arigon is wrong and this amazing journey into the college world will last for years. :cool:

It's funny, but I think that's how it will be. But perhaps it will be a game not about MС, but about a new Fuckface.
Yes, nothing prevents him from developing Being a DIK 2 or expanding the universe.
If he buys a few more rendering computers, he can climb even higher.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's weird to become a fan and wish for a speedy completion of the project. To assert his opinion as an absolute fact with a manic obsession. Strange love, well I won't judge him.
Just from the point of logic, the project is now approaching the middle (the DPC himself spoke about this). Also, from a storytelling point of view, it's simply impossible to cover all the story arcs and answer all the mysteries in two episodes, even four.
I think we can rest easy, our Nostradamus Arigon is wrong and this amazing journey into the college world will last for years. :cool:

Yes, nothing prevents him from developing Being a DIK 2 or expanding the universe.
If he buys a few more rendering computers, he can climb even higher.
we all agree (Arigon apart maybe) that since DPC said we are halfway through the game we are expecting 8-10 chapters, hardly less, hardly more

but I wouldn't make it about the physiological length of the story. the first season lacked an epilogue to be a complete game about the trouple, where the other LIs just acted as extras and temptations.

and even the second season, had the big " crossroads" decision been integrated more organically into the story could have been the game's final

the "real" time covered by a single chapter was incredibly variable, so with the next 8-10 chapters we have no idea how much time will be covered, so I don't see a physiological length, which the game MUST cover

let's also make the assumption that there is a semester to cover as well, just to reason about it. what should Jill (I take her as an example since it is the most "complete" relationship) and MC do for an entire semester once they have committed to each other? pick out wedding favors? once they get over the hurdle of Lynette's siary what is the need to see about the two of them?
Mc dodging all the traps?

we simply don't know, if we are lucky we will see it

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I am suffering from the lack of Carolyn renders that could be used as pfp; DPC better release a preview of this emo cutie soon :HideThePain: and also a hot redhead is what I need while browsing through the depressing discussions of reoccurred old topics. Bella is still queen, waifu, and best girl :Kappa:

View attachment 1846121

LOL, you just put a target on this fella's back. YO! Sage stans! look at this infidel! :Kappa:

View attachment 1846126
schinoize is my homie, he has proven himself to be a man of culture multiple times. Have patience my brother, hopefully at the Halloween party you'll get plenty of Carolyn.

I'm hoping for the redhead girl in the middle actually. That girl is :love: :love: :love:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I always thought you were Team Ax and my comrade :HideThePain:
Sage was my first blind playthrough, I will always continue that save, but Bella is my #2 and probably the one I hope gets a happy ending the most, even if it is without Fuckface. Since EP8 I have only one main Bella save, every other save I remade avoiding her just because that render when you turn her down breaks my heart :cry:

Its ironic that my two main saves are the ones with probably the juiciest drama going forward and I didn't plan any of it, I just stumbled into these situations

- DiK Sage, fucked Jade, Burke has the video
- CHICK Bella, murderous Jill face emoji

Not even gonna mention all the blue temptation, or the goth vixen temptation, or the Biancas :HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes