BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
It's the other way around. People love Josy and want Maya out of it. Either this or the throuple.
Am I a freak then? I would prefer MC to be on a solo Maya path. Ive been mainlining the throuple because of Maya but it felt like it didnt pay off enough during season 2 (as compared to all other characters which got a lot of good fleshing out which I did enjoy immensely) Josy is just too bland for me to pair up with the MC even though shes really lovely and easygoing, also shes consistently shafted regarding story which is not doing her any favors in my book.

So I think my main play with be Neutral Bella instead of neutral Throuple. This will mess up my saves though with a bunch of overlapping content compared to the three other saves i run to get all content (huge dik Quinn, giga dik manwhore Sage for ultimate drama, omega chick Bella+Jill). I really dislike the idea of single LI pursuits and dont do them.

Maya Bella and Quinn are the most interesting storylines to me. I care the most about them.

Reactions: goldenrule91

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Am I a freak then? I would prefer MC to be on a solo Maya path. Ive been mainlining the throuple because of Maya but it felt like it didnt pay off enough during season 2 (as compared to all other characters which got a lot of good fleshing out which I did enjoy immensely) Josy is just too bland for me to pair up with the MC even though shes really lovely and easygoing, also shes consistently shafted regarding story which is not doing her any favors in my book.

So I think my main play with be Neutral Bella instead of neutral Throuple. This will mess up my saves though with a bunch of overlapping content compared to the three other saves i run to get all content (huge dik Quinn, giga dik manwhore Sage for ultimate drama, omega chick Bella+Jill). I really dislike the idea of single LI pursuits and dont do them.

Maya Bella and Quinn are the most interesting storylines to me. I care the most about them.
No, it just means it only took one post to bring all of the Maya stans out of the woodwork and back into the light. The hibernating bears have emerged after a long, very cold winter. The floodgates have been opened all because of one post from a bro with balls of iron.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
:coffee: Updated BigTable™ with the recent informations.
HalfWay!

• Since the last status update, the Renders queue probably growth by about 300.
  • It's blurry but we probably had 10 animations and 200 renders done that week.
  • That time, in a pessimism scenario, it's surely half done with the release.
  • Estimate as wide as 32 weeks - 38 weeks. Mid October - End November.
EP​
Renders​
Animations​
Music*
Size (GB)​
Release​
Development Time​
Ratio*
R/D
A/D
sA/D
EP1130151 (3:29)≈1.1
07 Feb 2019​
— days
—​
—​
—​
—​
EP21709 (+31%)77 (3:36) (+26)≈2.3 (+1.2)
04 May 2019​
087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
22.1​
19.6​
EP32289 (+34%)99 (4:42) (+22)≈4.1 (+1.8)
16 Aug 2019​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
24.5​
0.94​
EP42532 (+11%)134 (7:57) (+35)≈6.1 (+2.0)
10 Jan 2020​
148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
3.22​
EP52456 (-3%)157 (8:35) (+23)17 (3.4K$)≈8.0 (+1.9)
29 May 2020​
141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
1.11​
3.65​
EP63336 (+35%)162 (8:33) (+5)24 (4.8K$)≈11.1 (+3.1)
13 Nov 2020​
169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
22.8​
19.7​
0.96​
3.04​
EP73723 (+12%)250 (18:14) (+88)18 (3.6K$)≈14.5 (+3.4)
23 Apr 2021​
162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
EP84158 (+12%)358 (26:21) (+108)34 (6.8K$)≈19.5 (+5.0)
19 Nov 2021​
211 (6 months, 28 days |≈30 weeks)
19.7​
EPI79436 (4:36)19 (3.8K$)≈2.6 (new)
4 Mar 2022​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
EP9≈2000 (<2500)≈160 (195)
in development
133 (4 months, 11 days |≈19 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† original post — Being a DIK in development since 3 years, 5 months, 8 day (41 months / 179 weeks / 1,254 days / 30,096 hours)
* 199$ Premium Licensed Music ; Total: 22,288$ — Ratio values exclude EPI ; Ratio: (Renders/Days + SecondsAnimations/Days) [Average: 24.0 ; Last Two: 28.5 (+19%)]
Renders/Days [Average: 19.8 ; Last Two: 21.3 (+8%)] — Animations/Days [Average: 1.15 ; Last Two: 1.62 (+41%)] — SecondsAnimations/Days [Average: 4.19 ; Last Two: 7.12 (+69%)]

(y) Thumb up to well made Casiope DIK Walkthrough.
Thanks as always for the great work you do!:)
An interesting observation. Episode 1 has 1301 renders and 51 animations. Takes up 1.1 GB
Interlude has 794 renders, 36 animations. There is much less content, but Interlude weighs 2.6GB.
And it's understandable why (not just because of the music of all 8 episodes in the Interlude menu player). The leap in graphics quality is huge - it's like two games from different generations of gaming systems. The interlude is graphically very cool. It doesn't surprise me that the animations in Episode 9 are slower - their weight and quality will likely be higher than what we've seen before. It looks like the DPC will have to buy an entire mining farm for rendering in order to do it faster.:LOL:

I'll add some personal thoughts. I don't think we're halfway there. Probably 60-70% If he is already talking about testing, I think most of it is already done and many parts of the game represent the whole picture.

zeroidk

Jan 2, 2020
Bro for a second I thought he was talk about the release, got a little heart attack there, but its nie reading that hes making good progress.
I mean it's probably going to be releasing closer to October than not given the guy that has been tracking all the progress here and it being a Halloween episode. We prob have a good ~2.5 months to go at the least. Even after all the rendering still in queue DPC needs to catch up play testing/corrections/mini-game stuff as he said.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No, it just means it only took one post to bring all of the Maya stans out of the woodwork and back into the light. The hibernating bears have emerged after a long, very cold winter. The floodgates have been opened all because of one post from a bro with balls of iron.
they had been rather abstinent for a while, not even repeatedly remembering the times when she was "the most hated" had moved anything :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

you are a benefactor, not the hero we deserve, but the one we needed :cool:

• Love
Reactions: Kellermann

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
have no hate for any of the ladies but one zoey hoping when we meet her there is a option to just keep on walking by never looking back maya for sure in my top 3 with sage and jill

Reactions: zarachi

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Relax, DPC isn't going to force you to be with Zoey and dump your chosen girl from episode 8. He didn't do it with Anna from Acting Lessons, much less in BaDIK.
I'm not saying it will or won't happen, but it always amuses me when people take a single precedence as confirmation that things will or will not happen. A single instance isn't even a trend. And there is this little concept called "doing things differently".

I mean, if DPC isn't free to do things differently and BADIK has to follow AL's precedence, then we all should be wondering which house will catch on fire and who we should be saving.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I think there will be an option to be with Zoey no matter what path you are on. However it would be against the rest of the game (I agree we should not use AL as a guide) to force you onto a path. You're not forced to go for the throuple, not forced to pursue any girl, every girl has been a choice (LI, friend or acquaintance) so far, no reason for DPC to change that midgame.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I think there will be an option to be with Zoey no matter what path you are on. However it would be against the rest of the game (I agree we should not use AL as a guide) to force you onto a path. You're not forced to go for the throuple, not forced to pursue any girl, every girl has been a choice (LI, friend or acquaintance) so far, no reason for DPC to change that midgame.
I think it's pretty obvious that Zoey is going to be a new alternative choice regardless of whichever path one has chosen at the end of season 2. Think about it. If we have at least 2 more seasons to go but we are already locked in to a certain LI's path, it really limits the story.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
But it is an underdog story. Or it WAS, rather. S1 and the whole premise was all about that. Suddenly, by the end of S2 it's almost come to its conclusion. In other words, the approach isn't consistent at all and DPC isn't a good writer. Either it was his plan all along or it has been changed in the process, doesn't matter. Any possible tension regarding the MC is gone now. Luckily, this game has other, much more appealing aspects such as humour, cool animation and stuff.
It doesn't HAVE to come to its conclusion. Not all tension in a medium needs to come from an underdog triumphing over a superior foe. Take Arkane from Netflix.

SPOILERS!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!

Seriously, if you haven't seen this show, go watch it, do not click on this box, just go watch it. Do so now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
I'm not saying it will or won't happen, but it always amuses me when people take a single precedence as confirmation that things will or will not happen. A single instance isn't even a trend. And there is this little concept called "doing things differently".

I mean, if DPC isn't free to do things differently and BADIK has to follow AL's precedence, then we all should be wondering which house will catch on fire and who we should be saving.
Maybe because if DPC "forces us" to be with Zoey the fans will riot, especially after the big decision from past episode? It doesn't really matter to me... DPC can use Zoey either as another potential love interest, a problem for Tremolo's relationships, or just as a friend.

Oh, and you don't have to use AL as some kind of walkthrough for BaDIK. I just mention it because DPC never forces you to stay with one girl. You don't like Jill? Don't pursue her. No Quinn? Then just ignore her. You prefer the throuple? Then go for them.

Reactions: QuixoteTheDon

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
  • Zoey the blue-haired, inappropriately timed, complete waste of development resources, Interlude star that nobody asked for (except me and the croissant).
I don’t get the sense that people hate on each other for their chosen LI.

We debate the pros and cons, heavily insult these pixelated bitches, but really, there’s no shaming going on here.:giggle:

Personally I like them all, but Bella I find the least enjoyable (but I do wanna know her secrets).
Just found it in myself to play the Interlude, and I am not you're if you're serious or not, but yeah, doing this honestly made episode 9 go into delay more than it should, and it was already gonna be the most dev time we've ever got before. I do understand its point, especially in a solo path in much need of drama now that most stuff got locked. It could be interesting and Chloe Price... I mean Zoey, can have some nice moments to make the MC doubt its own choices.

The reason why I dont think will work as it should its because... well, although she's playable you can only shape Zoey so much. Unlike the MC she's her own character and I dont think will matter much that she has feelings for the MC...

...unless she goes nutjob like Leah after being rejected. Oof, I am already having a bad feeling about this.

PS: I also curious why Sage was acting mad towards the MC at the end of the interlude. Maybe Jade nuclear bomb dropped she's been messing with the MC? :Kappa:Fuck me I should had not played this thing, now I want episode 9 sooo freaking bad.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes