NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Just found it in myself to play the Interlude, and I am not you're if you're serious or not, but yeah, doing this honestly made episode 9 go into delay more than it should, and it was already gonna be the most dev time we've ever got before. I do understand its point, especially in a solo path in much need of drama now that most stuff got locked. It could be interesting and Chloe Price... I mean Zoey, can have some nice moments to make the MC doubt its own choices.

The reason why I dont think will work as it should its because... well, although she's playable you can only shape Zoey so much. Unlike the MC she's her own character and I dont think will matter much that she has feelings for the MC...

...unless she goes nutjob like Leah after being rejected. Oof, I am already having a bad feeling about this.

PS: I also curious why Sage was acting mad towards the MC at the end of the interlude. Maybe Jade nuclear bomb dropped she's been messing with the MC? :Kappa:Fuck me I should had not played this thing, now I want episode 9 sooo freaking bad.
Leah? We don't say that name here :mad:

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I don't think we are really in disagreement. Maya was popular in the beginning until the big reveal. After that, her popularity dropped off (for various reasons) and many true Maya fans disappeared into the shadow realm. It's cool that they are coming back into the light now. Maybe the OP and I have given them courage to return. You're right, not all heroes wear capes...I'm a hero too now :cool:
I haven't seen this much Maya love since season 1.
To be honest, that reveal felt waaay to forced and sloppy way to bring Josy into the fold when she was pretty much irrelevant since episode 1. Especially since they became a joint package I stopped caring, and the fact you cant at least fight for a Maya alone path bothers me to no end. I still somehow hoped but... after the branching its just... no. I am sorry, but I dont want the tri-relationship. Sadly this is how DPC designed this convo but us solo shippers got screwed.

Maybe because if DPC "forces us" to be with Zoey the fans will riot, especially after the big decision from past episode? It doesn't really matter to me... DPC can use Zoey either as another potential love interest, a problem for Tremolo's relationships, or just as a friend.
That will never happen. This is a choice based game, and Zoey is clearly here to be yeat another contender OR a way to had drama to solo paths. Old flames can realistically be a good drama plot, but DPC will never force us back into Zoey.

But I do hope going solo path doesnt mean you cant cheat and have a bad ending if caught, like sleeping with Jill's friends for instance. Otherwise the solo path is waaay too boring in a game like this. You can go pure/good ending but at lest there should be the temptation. But I trust DPC knows what he's doing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Maybe because if DPC "forces us" to be with Zoey the fans will riot, especially after the big decision from past episode? It doesn't really matter to me... DPC can use Zoey either as another potential love interest, a problem for Tremolo's relationships, or just as a friend.

Oh, and you don't have to use AL as some kind of walkthrough for BaDIK. I just mention it because DPC never forces you to stay with one girl. You don't like Jill? Don't pursue her. No Quinn? Then just ignore her. You prefer the throuple? Then go for them.
I think players will be forced to be with Zoey...at least for a while. Just like DPC forced us to be with each of the main girls...for a while. I remember not wanting to have to go on dates with Jill and yet there I was, playing fucking tennis and whatnot.

Some things just have to happen for the narrative and Zoey meddling in your established relationship will be one of them. I'm still not quite sure how DPC is going to get Zoey to hang out at B&R enough to meddle in MC affairs (no pun intended), but rest assured she will be there and will be attached to your hip for at least an episode or two trying her hardest to get you to cheat before you can cut her loose. Or at least reduce the amount of time you are compelled to spend with her.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Just found it in myself to play the Interlude, and I am not you're if you're serious or not, but yeah, doing this honestly made episode 9 go into delay more than it should, and it was already gonna be the most dev time we've ever got before. I do understand its point, especially in a solo path in much need of drama now that most stuff got locked. It could be interesting and Chloe Price... I mean Zoey, can have some nice moments to make the MC doubt its own choices.

The reason why I dont think will work as it should its because... well, although she's playable you can only shape Zoey so much. Unlike the MC she's her own character and I dont think will matter much that she has feelings for the MC...

...unless she goes nutjob like Leah after being rejected. Oof, I am already having a bad feeling about this.

PS: I also curious why Sage was acting mad towards the MC at the end of the interlude. Maybe Jade nuclear bomb dropped she's been messing with the MC? :Kappa:Fuck me I should had not played this thing, now I want episode 9 sooo freaking bad.
Leah? We don't say that name here :mad:

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
I think players will be forced to be with Zoey...at least for a while. Just like DPC forced us to be with each of the main girls...for a while. I remember not wanting to have to go on dates with Jill and yet there I was, playing fucking tennis and whatnot.

Some things just have to happen for the narrative and Zoey meddling in your established relationship will be one of them. I'm still not quite sure how DPC is going to get Zoey to hang out at B&R enough to meddle in MC affairs (no pun intended), but rest assured she will be there and will be attached to your hip for at least an episode or two trying her hardest to get you to cheat before you can cut her loose. Or at least reduce the amount of time you are compelled to spend with her.
Players who chose the "Others Path" and have no serious relationships:
a12.jpg

Everyone else:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Players who chose the "Others Path" and have no serious relationships:
View attachment 1927663

Everyone else:
I don't know mate, I still think you are going to be force fed your prescribed dose of blue cough medicine no matter what route you are on. If DPC lets me meet with Zoey one time and tell her...no thanks, bye-bye and then have no significant interactions with her after that, I will be very surprised. The presence of Interlude alone means Zoey is going to be an important part of season 3 for all MCs in the DIKaverse.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

This week I worked on several different scenes, including group and branch-specific scenes for all major branches. To name a few, I've been working on scenes with Camila, Josy, Jill, Maya, Sage, Isabella, and Quinn.

I experimented a bit with a new animation technique, completed a shorter lewd scene, and started planning/writing some Rooster content.

Because I've focused hard on static renders for a while, I now have ~240 renders waiting in the render queue.

I'll be posing render #2500 in a day or two from now, and I'm very pleased with the development in general.

The animation queue is still big. PCs have started rendering some threesome animations. As a rule of thumb, the time needed to produce an animation increases for each character you add to it. And I'm noticing this slight increase in render time for these animations.

I will power on as usual with static renders next week and maybe do a bit of writing as well.

I'm thinking about playtesting parts of the episode soon. Since I've been focusing on producing art for quite some time now, I haven't played the episode in like 1.5 months.

I usually playtest a bit here and there during development to perform some polishing and get a feel for the episode.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Another week, another mismatched jigsaw piece. DPC has completed "Big"-35+NewlyRendered animations this week, an average of darnedifiknow/week. Slightly less unhelpfully, we know he's a day or two away from posing static render #2500, and the queue is ~240. Last week we estimated the render count as 2201, which means our current render count should be between 2201 and 2259. A normal day's worth of static completions is ~15-20. If we assume that roughly translates to his expected posing rate, he'd currently stand at ~2235, which is smack dab in the middle of that range. So it's probably a reasonable estimate... if not an optimistic one. Let's take a look at the charts.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, static render rate took a hit this week. Normally I'd use the current rate for the projections, but since DPC has a solid queue I think it's likely he'll at least approach his overall average rate. Plus the chart was just too depressing at <40 statics per week. Even as is statics are now on pace for a November release, and while that could easily be an outlier, it's hard to believe it's such an outlier that it will offset the already pessimistic animation numbers.

There's still a chance DPC will start to cut material near the end to speed things up, but I don't think we should count on it. In short, I think we'll be lucky to get Episode 9 by Halloween at the rate we seem to be going. Obviously that's not what any of us want to hear, but personally I could roll with the lengthy development cycle if I had faith the resulting episode would still deliver. In the wake of the way Episode 8 ended and the wasteland that was the Interlude, however, it's really hard to maintain much faith. I was really hoping we'd either get a short turnaround this time or a better sense of where DPC intends to take Season 3 during development, but I'd say we're getting neither. This is going to be a very tough wait, at least for me. :(

Last edited:

Hank Moody

Jul 6, 2017
Another week, another mismatched jigsaw piece. DPC has completed "Big"-35+NewlyRendered animations this week, an average of darnedifiknow/week. Slightly less unhelpfully, we know he's a day or two away from posing static render #250, and the queue is ~240. Last week we estimated the render count as 2201, which means our current render count should be between 2201 and 2260. A normal day's worth of static completions is ~15-20. If we assume that roughly translates to his expected posing rate, he'd currently stand at ~2235, which is smack dab in the middle of that range. So it's probably a reasonable estimate... if not an optimistic one. Let's take a look at the charts.
As you can see, static render rate took a hit this week. Normally I'd use the current rate for the projections, but since DPC has a solid queue I think it's likely he'll at least approach his overall average rate. Plus the chart was just too depressing at <40 statics per week. Even as is statics are now on pace for a November release, and while that could easily be an outlier, it's hard to believe it's such an outlier that it will offset the already pessimistic animation numbers.

There's still a chance DPC will start to cut material near the end to speed things up, but I don't think we should count on it. In short, I think we'll be lucky to get Episode 9 by Halloween at the rate we seem to be going. Obviously that's not what any of us want to hear, but personally I could roll with the lengthy development cycle if I had faith the resulting episode would still deliver. In the wake of the way Episode 8 ended and the wasteland that was the Interlude, however, it's really hard to maintain much faith. I was really hoping we'd either get a short turnaround this time or a better sense of where DPC intends to take Season 3 during development, but I'd say we're getting neither. This is going to be a very tough wait, at least for me. :(
Thanks for the in-depth analysis. Looks like I'll be finished with nursing school by the time season 3 episode 2 is finished lol.

• Hey there
Reactions: ename144

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I'm not saying it will or won't happen, but it always amuses me when people take a single precedence as confirmation that things will or will not happen. A single instance isn't even a trend. And there is this little concept called "doing things differently".

I mean, if DPC isn't free to do things differently and BADIK has to follow AL's precedence, then we all should be wondering which house will catch on fire and who we should be saving.
Oh, I don't think we have to worry, he's well aware.
That said, I'm sure he'll have some similar kind of situation that adds to the tension. Up until the house fire point, I remember the public being extremely positive around the game. My complaint was only that you were not permitted to save Melissa unless you were fucking her, and I really hope he's learned and doesn't do a stupidly slanted bias like that again.

HalGLC

May 12, 2017
Just came on here to say I've only played one game on Steam: The Witcher

Suddenly I open the Steam Store and what do I see? BaD being recommended to me because "you have played games with tags 'mature' 'choices matter' and 'multiple endings'"

Well when you put it that way...I suppose they're the exact same game. Only difference is one game is a loose collection of an unrealistic amount of sex by a bland MC in a game that goes out of it's way to try to come off like it's mature but really comes off as something a child thinks is mature

And the other is BaD

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Relax, DPC isn't going to force you to be with Zoey and dump your chosen girl from episode 8. He didn't do it with Anna from Acting Lessons, much less in BaDIK.
I'm not saying it will or won't happen, but it always amuses me when people take a single precedence as confirmation that things will or will not happen. A single instance isn't even a trend. And there is this little concept called "doing things differently".

I mean, if DPC isn't free to do things differently and BADIK has to follow AL's precedence, then we all should be wondering which house will catch on fire and who we should be saving.
Oh, I don't think we have to worry, he's well aware.
That said, I'm sure he'll have some similar kind of situation that adds to the tension. Up until the house fire point, I remember the public being extremely positive around the game. My complaint was only that you were not permitted to save Melissa unless you were fucking her, and I really hope he's learned and doesn't do a stupidly slanted bias like that again.
Just did an off-the-cuff comparison between AL and BaDIK, since people often think DPC will repeat things between the games:

AL
BaDIK
MC is an old dude (40+ I reckon)
MC is a young dude 18+
MC is a snowflakeMC is a snowflake
Comedic best friend (long time friend)Comedic best friend (new friend)
Potential throuple dynamicPotential throuple dynamic
MC can repeatedly beat up Melissa's dad (game has hit accumulator)MC can repeatedly punch Tybalt (game doesn't have hit accumulator)
Small castLarge cast
MC's ex is a psycho bitch!MC's ex is awesome!
MC is wealthy (at least money isn't an issue in the game)MC is poor as shit
Mostly female castAlmost as many male characters as females
Non-harem gameNon-harem game
Blue haired girl that throws a spanner in the worksBlue haired girl that looks to throw a spanner in the works
MC lives his life through other characters (doesn't often focus on his own personal aspirations)MC lives his life through other characters (doesn't often focus on his own personal aspirations)
Leisure and work centricCollege centric
People died (numerous, depending on your choices)No one is dead yet except characters from the past
No significant drug and alcohol content to my recollectionSignificant drug and alcohol content
Sex scenes feel out of placeSex scenes feel very well integrated
Deals with jealousy issuesDeals with jealousy issues
Games characters didn't rely heavily on stereotypesGames characters rely heavily on stereotypes
Most of the game is not driven by antagonists (just Melissa's dad for a bit, and then there's the major twist that wasn't present for most of the game)There are antagonists driving a lot of the game (Tybalt, Jocks, Burke, even Quinn)
I don't recall, but there really wasn't as much sexThere is a fuck load of sex
The relationships felt awkward (to me)The relationships feel natural (to me)
No free roamsPlenty of free roams
No mini gamesPlenty of minigames
Very, very melodramatic and often very seriousOften melodramatic but mostly light hearted (even if it does deal with some serious topics)
AL suckedBaDIK Rules

On top of that, I'm fairly sure not a single name from AL is repeated in BaDIK, except Melissa and Josy's dads are both called Peter (definitely different kinda dudes though).

Are there any other obvious similarities or startling differences? There's the domestic violence theme in AL that doesn't really have a parallel in BaDIK (maybe Maya's dad controlling her...)

Anyway, my take is they are starkly different games that overlap only in that the they are both AVNs, but other than that, I see no reason to worry that AL's content has/will influenced BaDIK.

Just came on here to say I've only played one game on Steam: The Witcher

Suddenly I open the Steam Store and what do I see? BaD being recommended to me because "you have played games with tags 'mature' 'choices matter' and 'multiple endings'"

Well when you put it that way...I suppose they're the exact same game. Only difference is one game is a loose collection of an unrealistic amount of sex by a bland MC in a game that goes out of it's way to try to come off like it's mature but really comes off as something a child thinks is mature

And the other is BaD
Haha, saw that punchline coming a mile off, doesn't mean it didn't bring a smile to my face. :D

Last edited:

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Anyway, my take is they are starkly different games that overlap only in that the they are both AVNs, but other than that, I see no reason to worry that AL's content has/will influenced BaDIK.
100% agree.

Pretty sure DPC himself said during development of the first episode that this was nothing like AL and he had taken inspiration from the college movies of the 90s and 00s like American Pie. Those films had relationship drama and the like but nothing major like AL's drama.
will there be a potencial ending with Bella ( the librarian)?
As there is a branch for Bella she's as likely as the other main girls to have her own ending. More likely that the likes of Quinn and Camila who don't have their own branch.
when i import the save i get img not found error
Have you got any mods downloaded?

Reactions: shazba
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes