Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
oh I just can smell the tasty delicious salty tears of Jill fans when DPC starts her drama....
The first one is gonna be Bella. There was some hint in the library about bad things happening in the future when the MC and her were making out.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Maya - Free tuition great sign me up (y) If only she'd ask wait a minute Free? What's the catch there must be some sort of catch if it sounds too good to be true most people would have asked that right away.
In the real world, perhaps, but this is a world based on formulaic teen/college romp films and this concept of characters who take things at face value without questioning things is a cornerstone of those films because it's how you get both the drama and the comedy. If people in these stories did things sensibly it would be boring.

Reactions: rockie

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
There has to be a way for the working girls to think their "free tuition" deals are being honored otherwise there will be a LOT of pissed off people. It's not just about Maya - Camilla, Mona, Sarah etc. would blow their stack if they are screwed over.

One way this could be done is with the involvement of anyone that has administrative access to B&R. Most likely "pinstrip behind the glory hole" Burke, but it could even be the Admin lady the MC first meets :illuminati: :p. I once posted a step-by-step process of how to do this but I don't want to bore everyone to tears, so short version:

- Quinn supplies Burke with the names of the students working for her
- For a cut or in partnership, Burke goes into the Uni account and simply types PAID in those students' tuition records.
- Girls are simply told that their tuitions have been paid for, so they think everything is legit and are Ok working for "free"
- Quinn/Burke keep all the money earned by the menu (to invest in the drug side of the business etc.)
- B&R is being defrauded

Sidenote: When the number of working girls remain small, it is very easy to conceal the cash/accounting discrepancy in the working capital accounts that all institutions keep. If the business expands too much, the risk of blow up increases exponentially - so you actually have to put some of the money back - and it's getting the likes of Riona very worried.

Disclaimer: I may or may not have a criminal mind :censored: :KEK:

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
oh I just can smell the tasty delicious salty tears of Jill fans when DPC starts her drama....
Ah isn't that the dream every Maya fan has? :KEK: to have one girl have a bigger load than Maya has, so her problems will be overlooked :HideThePain:

There has to be a way for the working girls to think their "free tuition" deals are being honored otherwise there will be a LOT of pissed off people. It's not just about Maya - Camilla, Mona, Sarah etc. would blow their stack if they are screwed over.

One way this could be done is with the involvement of anyone that has administrative access to B&R. Most likely "pinstrip behind the glory hole" Burke, but it could even be the Admin lady the MC first meets :illuminati: :p. I once posted a step-by-step process of how to do this but I don't want to bore everyone to tears, so short version:

- For a cut or in partnership, Burke goes into the Uni account and simply types PAID in those students' tuition records.
- Girls are simply told that their tuitions have been paid for, so they think everything is legit and are Ok working for "free"
- Quinn/Burke keep all the money earned by the menu (to invest in the drug side of the business etc.)
- B&R is being defrauded

Sidenote: When the number of working girls remain small, it is very easy to conceal the cash/accounting discrepancy in the working capital accounts that all institutions keep. If the business expands too much, the risk of blow up increases exponentially - so you actually have to put some of the money back - and it's getting the likes of Riona very worried.

well if that's the case Jade will %100 catch Burke and Burke will lose his dean position. Can't see any other possibility

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I know it's been touched on at times in the 3k+ pages but since it's being discussed - I don't think a death besides the MC's father is out of the realm of possibility. With Quinn, Tommy and who knows how many other sharing needles of some kind of hard drug an overdose seems pretty plausible. I'm one of the few who was unimpressed with acting lessons so i just hope whatever the twist/death is here is handled well and this game remains as impressive as it has been so far.
With the thread moving so quickly it possible I've missed it but has anyone brought up the possibility that the narration is posthumous?

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Ah isn't that the dream every Maya fan has? :KEK: to have one girl have a bigger load than Maya has, so her problems will be overlooked :HideThePain:
Jill was used for the warning talk... If DPC didn'tspare sweet Missy from the drama in AL, why would he even bother with Jill? he's simply "fattening the pig till the pig is read to be roasted"

Reactions: Zirael Q

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
well if that's the case Jade will %100 catch Burke and Burke will lose his dean position. Can't see any other possibility
I think that's how it's being set up and in the end, Jade takes over from him in running the place if I can't get my ending with her that would be the next best thing is her taking over and having Cathy as her 2nd in charge.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I think that's how it's being set up and in the end, Jade takes over from him in running the place if I can't get my ending with her that would be the next best thing is her taking over and having Cathy as her 2nd in charge.
Was Burke running the place? I never got the impression that he was important to anyone other than Jade; I assumed he was the least important board member who would be jettisoned without a second thought if he caused any trouble.

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
Maya - Free tuition great sign me up (y) If only she'd ask wait a minute Free? What's the catch there must be some sort of catch if it sounds too good to be true most people would have asked that right away.
You know, i don't find so strange that Maya doesn't think this through. She seems kind of spoiled, before coming out she was probably "daddy's girl", that's why it must sting so much. Anyway, a lot of young people with no understanding of economics believe they can get "free shit", without thinking about where it's coming from. I think Maya will end up having a really brutal lesson of "there's no free lunch" when she finds out how she "pays" her tuition.

- B&R is being defrauded

Damn, Darkmetal , that's one hell of a theory... And i think you're absolutely right. It makes a lot of sense to do it like this. Maybe the catalyst of everything going to hell is Quinn trying to expand the business in a way that will make the defraud the institution and it will simply show in the books. I don't think Maya wil go through and become another girl on the menu, but i can see Lily doing it, and with Quinn, Riona, Camila, Sarah and Lily on it... Things will blow up.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Was Burke running the place? I never got the impression that he was important to anyone other than Jade; I assumed he was the least important board member who would be jettisoned without a second thought if he caused any trouble.
Yeah, I think that whole office meeting we had with him, and Burke having to discipline Chad makes me think that he is running the place unless there is some unknown we have yet to see but I doubt that.

She seems kind of spoiled, before coming out she was probably "daddy's girl",
I was thinking differently maybe her Mother treated her well still find it odd we don't hear much about her and more of the father.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I was thinking differently maybe her Mother treated her well still find it odd we don't hear much about her and more of the father.
That's not odd, if anything it just compounds the "daddy's girl" theory because it's his disapproval that hurts her so deeply. She probably expected her Mom wouldn't be supportive because maybe she's the dutiful housewife type who's always taken the Dad's side in everything, never voiced a dissenting opinion, and hasn't been all that motherly to Maya.

Reactions: ExDeath730

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Some people forget that the title of the game is the program the story follows in DPC games.

So when i think about it DPC did make me realize 3 things about DPC and his games.

1. DPC is a story telling master who can perfectly create immersive characters you care about so you will get involved and attached to characters. Love it or hate it but you will react one way or another.

2. He backstabs you when you least expect it. Well isn't she lovely? 2 minutes later? I freaking hate this bitch. You know the good stuff when you see it.

3. There is no mercy for any of us. Any character at any given time can turn 180 degree. So when u think about it in acting lesssons or now in Being a Dik. There is only one thing for certain! Every character has a twist.

Doesn't matter who. I can guarantee that every chick in this game will have at least 2 twists. One that makes you hate her and one that makes you fall in love with her. That way you get torn in between and thats the great stuff about it.

Can't wait for the next update.

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but in a conversation with Derek or even Maya, it is said that she was really close to her father before things went sour between them. A lot of people here is thinking that we will need to make Maya's father exit her life, i'm thinking that maybe we will need to help them reconcile.

This and i can't really just trust what Maya, or even Derek says at face value about each other anymore. So, maybe she is blowing things out of proportion and things are not as bad we heard. That would be a surprise twist, since most players are already in arms about this situation.

Not that there's a lot of Maya fans left anyway.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes