Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
There was a post on Discord. The game is delayed because DPC's working with STEAM on an encrypted + DRMed version that will be linked to the Patreon id. So we may not see another update here.
Do you know when he said that like a few days ago or a week? I've scrolled back a few days and the only thing hes said is that when hes done episode 5 itll be awhile for his beta testers to go through each route since the file size for episode 5 is 2gbs.

Eivor

Nov 5, 2017
should i buy this game on steam ? i really like the content and hearing update not coming F95zone

Reactions: Casmyr

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
should i buy this game on steam ? i really like the content and hearing update not coming F95zone
By all means if you can, buy it for the steam achievements or support him on Patreon.

I would like a source on that about it not coming to f95zone. As far as I know, the two games have a different binary system for saves so your steam save wont work on the patreon edition which means you wont be able to play episode 5 on steam.

I'm presently playing on the patreon edition for that reason so my saves are eligible for episode 5.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Do you know when he said that like a few days ago or a week? I've scrolled back a few days and the only thing hes said is that when hes done episode 5 itll be awhile for his beta testers to go through each route since the file size for episode 5 is 2gbs.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that that was probably a joke. So many people asking "when's the update?", "when's the update?", "when's the update?", that Le Pew is just trying to scare them by making them think they won't be able to get it for free anymore.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
That makes sense. I thought it might have been legitimate, because its like rule 3 I think were you cant talk about this website or any other piracy sites.

*Rule 3 on the Badik discord. They dont like this site haha

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Sure but you'd have to wait a bit longer for updates.

That makes sense. I thought it might have been legitimate, because its like rule 3 I think were you cant talk about this website or any other piracy sites.

Actually he's being dead serious :sneaky: Casmyr that other guy doesn't know what he's talking about

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Now thats a scene i was hopping for, should make the breakup much easier for Sage.
I just hope the next words aren't : TBC in 0.6
Assuming this is a scene from the game and not just a render for fun, I think it would be a pretty bad cliffhanger since full-on sex between Sage and the MC seems wildly out of character in some playthroughs.

I mean, it works just fine when Sage is the MC's fuck-buddy, but that only happens if the MC actively pursues Sage. It's just as possible he repeatedly turns her down, in which case she loses all interest in him. Even if this is late in Episode 5, it's hard to see what could cause such a complete reversal in both characters without feeling forced.

I suppose it could be a variable scene, where fuck-buddies are caught in the act while platonic guitar instructors are caught in a less-flagrant-but-still-tender moment. I suspect that would feel more like a ditchhanger for the non-Sage options and it would make resolving the various iterations a real can of worms for Episode 6, but it might be the only real option if this scene is indeed in our future.

Eivor

Nov 5, 2017
Sure but you'd have to wait a bit longer for updates.

I mean updates coming to steam is it ? on steam game called season 1 only and i thought game includes only 4 part? which means i have to buy again or wait coz paying a game one time can be but his patrons are paying him month to month is it unfair for his patrons ? or they are playing the game way early than steam version like 10 days or less

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I mean updates coming to steam is it ? on steam game called season 1 only and i thought game includes only 4 part? which means i have to buy again or wait coz paying a game one time can be but his patrons are paying him month to month is it unfair for his patrons ? or they are playing the game way early than steam version like 10 days or less
He will most likely have a season pass in place so that you can purchase them all and when updates release on steam you'll be able to download them as DLC.

Reactions: Iruna.

MRG101

Aug 2, 2019
He will most likely have a season pass in place so that you can purchase them all and when updates release on steam you'll be able to download them as DLC.
So, the Steam will be most likely supported from the get go then, hmm...

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Yeah, by all accounts DPC seems to have developed a virulent hatred for this place, so I can understand why they might be trying to find ways to stop people from playing it who aren't patrons or Steam players, but I have a hard time seeing how it would be possible.

Also, DPC has previously said this about the Steam version:

Steam
Will Season 2 be automatically added to the existing base game or are you going to make Season 2 a separate thing from Season 1?

This is explained on my Steam store page. New seasons will be released and sold separately as DLC. New content will be added to the Season 1 base game, meaning that there will only be one single executable file for the entire game.

I do have some news on this for Patreon versions as well, but this isn't a suitable post to explain this with. There will be an announcement on this later. Don't delete the Patreon version of Season 1, yet.
So, according to them, each season (the complete set of several episodes) will be released as DLC, not that each individual episode will be released. They also said this about the Ren'py version:

Forgot to post this

I have some important information regarding the future of the Patreon version of Being a DIK.

The best way to go forward with the game is by uploading patches as well as a full game, including all episodes. The old idea of keeping multiple binaries on Patreon will make my workload much bigger since it makes it too different from how the Steam version is being handled.

Patches are still small files and they will enable faster download of new content, which was problem I wanted to solve to begin with.

An example of how it would work
When episode 5 is released I will release the following:

1. One big game file with Episodes 1-5 (v0.5.0), approximately 8 GB

2. One smaller patch with just Episode 5 (v0.5.0), approximately 2 GB

If you have the previous version installed (v0.4.0, v0.4.1 or v0.4.2), you can just download option number 2 and patch the game.

If you don't have the previous version, you'll need to download option number 1.

What do you need to do now?
Nothing!
Absolutely nothing.

Your saves from episode 4 will work without any extra steps required on your end.

Please note, Steam saves aren't compatible with the Patreon version.

Patch v0.4.2
If you want the latest bug fixes, today I have uploaded:

1. One big game file with Episodes 1-4 (v0.4.2)

2. One smaller patch that can be used on v0.4.0 or v0.4.1 to upgrade your game to v0.4.2. Until episode 5 is released, as thanks for reaching 4000 patrons this patch will be available for free to all patrons.

The upside to all of this is that you can keep all content in one single game and patches will be fast to download.

The biggest con to this is that I can only release patches to the $5 tier, because the big file with all episodes must be kept in the $10 tier because of the Steam release. You will still be able to play the new updates with the patch. But you do have to save the previous version between updates to make this work.

Another con is that if you have modified the game or used a software to extract images, scripts etc., you need to delete those extra folders for the patch to work.

I'm deeply sorry for backpeddling on this and I'm sorry for all the confusion. It's better to make this change early on, than realizing that I screwed this up in a bigger way later. If you have any questions about this, please post a comment and I will answer as best as I can.

Best regards

Dr PinkCake
So from what's been said previously, DPC clearly indicated that Patrons will continue to get the Ren'py version and that the Steam version will only be released as complete seasons. Maybe they've talked and thought about exploring ways to protect the game from the piracy of this and other sites since then, but I think it would be hard to achieve.

Last edited:

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
I tried getting a few of my RL friend's to play this game because they like games with choices and etc, when I proposed this game to them they immediately said its a sex game and I had to keep telling them it wasn't just a 'sex' game so they finally loaded it up and closed it down after the shower scene with Josy lol.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I tried getting a few of my RL friend's to play this game because they like games with choices and etc, when I proposed this game to them they immediately said its a sex game and I had to keep telling them it wasn't just a 'sex' game so they finally loaded it up and closed it down after the shower scene with Josy lol.
Prudes. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
It wasn't the killjoy on here, was it? Sees a fun game and is dead set against it you should have told them to stick to it a bit more.

This would be most welcome.
It would make the most sense would hate to buy each episode separately.

Reactions: Iruna.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I can see their point. That scene is both gratuitous and rather uninteresting. Josy is quite literally just a doll for us to gawk at (if one is being polite).

If you've played more of the game it's obvious that the daydream is a blatant fantasy intended to contrast how well developed the 'real' characters in the game are. Sort of a spoof on bad adult games. But for newbies already skeptical of the genre, the game might never get a chance to show the contrast.

I'd say if you want to talk a skeptic into the game, tell them up front that there is a lot of gratuitous adult content and that the real story and character work takes a little time to develop. If they make it through the end of the first day of college, that would at least be a better indication of how the game will unfold. If they can make it all the way through Episode 1, I think they'd have a fair sample to judge the game on (even if a lot of the best bits come later).

Not sure how easy a sell that would be, but I think that's the way to approach it.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes