Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I really agree with you on this. That said, it tells you about the quality of the writing, when people get personally invested like that (not saying butthurt). If I just see the plot, there surely is no one to blame.

But since I tend to identify myself with the MC - which really only a few games get done right: I was somewhat heartbroken, ran to Bella for comfort, got drunk with Sage, fucked her Brains out (Josy and Maya saw that I Piggybacked her, so they get that i´m over them, right? :cry:) and went on a Date with Jill. That felt good and if I had a thing to say in it, I would avoid the (maybe-)happy Love-Couple til End of Days.

Obviously no option cause Storytelling - I get that. But I understand when People want a break from them and want more from the other girls that have not so much Drama (at least up to this point - really curious about Bellas Story). Calling them names sure isn´t necessary, but I think, that only shows, how emotionally invested the players are, which is a good thing, imo.

Still like Maya the most and want to see, how it developes, but for now I´d love to get more from my 2nd choice :) And Derek... lots of him, pls. :D
I still like Maya the most as well. On appearance, she's definitely the type of girl I would go for and have gone for before, and I also really like her personality. But I do have a soft spot for Josy too and I sometimes look at them as being the "true" relationship of this game because the others sometimes feel like characters who are there to be "healed" by the MC so they can go on to live better lives, whereas Maya and Josy feel like the true loves of the MC's life.

Those two points are the reason many of us are done with Maya/Josy. The lies are actually the biggest part of it. Your MC can be honest with both of them and yet Maya in particular lies and uses someone she says she cares about multiple times. That second point of yours is partially correct for me. The problem with the Maya/Josy resolution is how little it took for them to get back to being perfect after the big blow up at the start of Episode 4. Meanwhile, the MC is moping for nearly the entirety of it, whether we want him to or not. That should have been handled better, but constraints of the game's plot took precedent. It feels like they get over the MC immediately, while your character is apparently heartbroken even on the DIK path. That doesn't sit well with some, especially since some were never enamored by either girl. Sage has always been number 1 to me, so the way the MC acted throughout Episode 4 only increased my distaste for both Josy and Maya.

Both girls are beautiful and well written. Their personalities are distinct and I understand why some adore them. I am not one of those people. So, in the end, I just wish there had been a way for my DIK MC to express his annoyance at the situation/resolution better. Regardless, it's the best adult game I've played and I highly anticipate Episode 5.
I'd still say that Maya's lies weren't that bad because they were lies of omission to spare herself getting hurt and that's something to feel sad for, not get mad about. It's the kind of thing that would make me want to put my around her and comfort her, not chastise her for.

Again, the quick resolution was the biggest issue for me and I agree with what you say about it. It's unfortunate that DPC went that way as it could've been handled much better and some of those ill feelings towards them could have been lessened.

This may be a matter of semantics, but I don't think Maya and Josy were particularly dishonest. At least not to the MC. Maya's lie of omission was big, but she did say the MC shouldn't get attracted to her or that it was wrong for them to kiss several times; it's the MC who chose to do so anyway without pressing her for more details. And Josy was actually quite honest the whole time, she just did things she knew were wrong.

IMHO, the issue with Maya and Josy isn't about honesty, it's about judgment. Josy tends to be impulsive, especially when she feels trapped. Maya wants to avoid making a wrong decision so badly she winds up making no decision - even if the default is even worse.

But whether we call it honesty or judgement, I can see why people who don't like the characters want a break from the whole mess. As I said, I think their relationship need to yield the central stage for a bit.

Unfortunately, I think this is just one of the limitations of computer games; you have to build the game around SOMETHING, and for whatever Maya and Josy's relationship if one of the central pillars of BaDIK. Even if the MC does get a chance to just abandon it completely (which we should), that is likely to happen near the climax of the story.
Maya's so messed up at this moment and it's why her judgment is skewed. She's feeling very hurt because of the situation with Josy, despite this she still hopes her and Josy will be OK but doesn't know how, she enjoys spending time with the MC and starts to feel something for him, she wants to tell him about Josy but is worried she'll lose him if she does, she's been spurned by her Dad and is stressing about tuition, etc, etc. She's all over the place and completely lost. It's again what makes her a sympathetic character, not one to be tarred and feathered as much as she is.

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Also, what's with all these random Alts? Nothing suspicious going on here at all :rolleyes:
i liked Maya the most from the start, from the day they bumped into each other in the hall... it was love at first sight :love:

no no no, back up, back the fuck up :D
when the first preview thread opened for a new Dr Pink game and the render of Maya came up as one of the main LI's, i was sold :love: all the other main girls didn't have a chance beside her IMO :D

then i saw her in episode 1 and man, i couldn't handle the cutness :love:, she was nice, showed us around the campus, we had lunch (which i paid :giggle:) and she let us stay with her and watch a movie on her phone, and on top of that crazy Derek was her brother? What? Man, i was sold, where do i sign the f*** paper :D
What can i say, life was good :D

but then, mistake after mistake, apologies bla bla...
the kissing part with Josy which made me so f*** mad :mad:
so much time invested in a character that was a totall disappointment in the end of ep4, man i was so sad and suprised to what just happend with my favourite character :cry:
It's still not Maya who yet? :LOL:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
So do I. It's a shame her backbone disappears whenever she's with Quinn. Shows just how much she's buying into the free tuition nonsense.
I'd love to see that side of Maya come up again too, especially now that we could finally learn some of the backstory without it spoiling the twist.

Those two points are the reason many of us are done with Maya/Josy. The lies are actually the biggest part of it. Your MC can be honest with both of them and yet Maya in particular lies and uses someone she says she cares about multiple times. That second point of yours is partially correct for me. The problem with the Maya/Josy resolution is how little it took for them to get back to being perfect after the big blow up at the start of Episode 4. Meanwhile, the MC is moping for nearly the entirety of it, whether we want him to or not. That should have been handled better, but constraints of the game's plot took precedent. It feels like they get over the MC immediately, while your character is apparently heartbroken even on the DIK path. That doesn't sit well with some, especially since some were never enamored by either girl. Sage has always been number 1 to me, so the way the MC acted throughout Episode 4 only increased my distaste for both Josy and Maya.

Both girls are beautiful and well written. Their personalities are distinct and I understand why some adore them. I am not one of those people. So, in the end, I just wish there had been a way for my DIK MC to express his annoyance at the situation/resolution better. Regardless, it's the best adult game I've played and I highly anticipate Episode 5.
I do wish the MC didn't have to mope so much in Episode 4. Obviously there needed to be some excuse not to address the problem immediately, and the different paths at least add a little flavor to the MCs mood, but it would been better if the MC could really chose between being angry/crushed/confused etc.

Likewise, it would have been better to delve deeper into just what DID happen between Josy and Maya. That way when the three finally get together and hash things out the MC could take a central role in helping them put the pieces back together (with or without himself in the puzzle). Instead, he sort of summarizes the things they could easily have told each other the first night, and they solve the rest themselves.

The problem with that is that it would have meant spending even more time focusing on the issues of Josy and Maya, who already have the lion's share of the spotlight. And dragging the 'crisis' out even longer wouldn't be a good idea, either. It would have meant coming up with even more excuses to keep the three apart, and could have stolen the focus from any of the other character work done in the meantime.

I think it will work out alright as long we do eventually get around to helping rebuild the relationship going forward. If we accept that the Episode 4 resolution was less the end of the problem and more a declaration of intent, a series of small of scenes between the various players might be a good way to handle it. It will make it feel like an evolving issue, but with less suspense to steal oxygen from the rest of the girls' stories. Eventually it will have to come to a head again (either when the MC abandons them for good, or when the new relationship is put to the test that broke the old one), but by then things should be wrapping up for everyone.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
i liked Maya the most from the start, from the day they bumped into each other in the hall... it was love at first sight :love:

no no no, back up, back the fuck up :D
when the first preview thread opened for a new Dr Pink game and the render of Maya came up as one of the main LI's, i was sold :love: all the other main girls didn't have a chance beside her IMO :D

then i saw her in episode 1 and man, i couldn't handle the cutness :love:, she was nice, showed us around the campus, we had lunch (which i paid :giggle:) and she let us stay with her and watch a movie on her phone, and on top of that crazy Derek was her brother? What? Man, i was sold, where do i sign the f*** paper :D
What can i say, life was good :D

but then, mistake after mistake, apologies bla bla...
the kissing part with Josy which made me so f*** mad :mad:
so much time invested in a character that was a totall disappointment in the end of ep4, man i was so sad and suprised to what just happend with my favourite character :cry:
I was diasppointed and hurt too and I totally get everything you've said. However, I could see myself in this situation, having chosen to go for the threesome, sitting down with Maya at some point to tell her how hurt I was and still sort of am by this whole thing, but that I really like her and aren't ready to give up on her and us, then put my arm around her, give her a warm smile and say, "Just promise that from now on you'll be more honest with me and not put us through that again." *cue romantic music*

Also, what's with all these random Alts? Nothing suspicious going on here at all :rolleyes:
Even if these are just alts, I'm enjoying this line of conversation.

Reactions: SpikeZg

Andolomir

Jul 9, 2018
I'd still say that Maya's lies weren't that bad because they were lies of omission to spare herself getting hurt and that's something to feel sad for, not get mad about.
Not sure about that one... She tends to avoid conflicts - not to say, she´s a little spineless. First she told MC, that she is in a relationship, than she played the 100% Truth game and told him she made that up to block Flirt-Attemps. She watches a movie with him, dryhumps him to get initiated to the HOTs, gets jealous, when MC went home for the weekend to have a date with a girl, obviously falls in love in the following events (Derek says that he never saw her look to someone like that since....) and all is forgotten, when it knocks on the door. She tries to talks with MC during Gender-classes and thats it. No hard feelings, even if you tell her, you just want friendship. "K, cya, I make out with my girlfriend while you leave the room."

Hard to swallow. You would think, she should be a little bit more conflicted. And yes, when i think about it, it actually makes me a little bit mad.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020
And not everyone likes threesomes as long-time relationships. I, for example, don't like Josy - not hate, but don't like. So to be in relationship with Maya, I must be in relationship with Jose too...which just feels wrong.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I'd say it does. You can't really blame people for being wary of them they just don't want to face the risk of being taken for a ride again and sure Maya and Josy might be truthful from here on out but it's a hell of a risk.
Here we are, argued for months about Maya being repulsive for her lies and hiding the truth, yet still people claim the main reason for them being disliked is not the lies. The other one comes out and says "People hate them because they love each other.".. Oh. My. God. I am seriously fed up with this topic lol, can't bear it anymore xD There are 5 main girls, more or less 10 side girls and we are only talking about those 2, especially Maya. I'm fed up with trying to explain stuff, good luck with that guys :KEK:

Cool, okay guys, let's try this : Maya did nothing wrong, everything she does is perfect! Do you think she did something wrong? Well, guess what? YOU are wrong, I'll tell you why in 5 paragraphs. I mean, why is she not the president of HOTs and B&R already? After she graduates, she will run for presidency and be the president. Also, she is the chosen one and she is our salvation. Very important.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Here we are, argued for months about Maya being repulsive for her lies and hiding the truth, yet still people claim the main reason for them being disliked is not the lies. The other one comes out and says "People hate them because they love each other.".. Oh. My. God. I am seriously fed up with this topic lol, can't bear it anymore xD There are 5 main girls, more or less 10 side girls and we are only talking about those 2, especially Maya. I'm fed up with trying to explain stuff, good luck with that guys :KEK:

Cool, okay guys, let's try this : Maya did nothing wrong, everything she does is perfect! Do you think she did something wrong? Well, guess what? YOU are wrong, I'll tell you why in 5 paragraphs. I mean, why is she not the president of HOTs and B&R already? After she graduates, she will run for presidency and be the president. Also, she is the chosen one and she is our salvation. Very important.
I guess we can also add "repulsive" to the group of adjectives that are unfairly used to describe Maya.

Signed,
"The other one" ;):p

Andolomir

Jul 9, 2018
(y)
I'm out of reactions thanks to the limit but this deserves to be liked it's the truth and I couldn't agree more with what you said. I'd rather have the constant talk of Jill is the best girl than more of this nonsense. One man and his Alts it's sad for all the other Maya and Josy fans out there who keep quiet and get on with it.
Maybe Jill is? Don´t know much about her til now but i´m definetly interested... But I´m really no Alt, just hadn´t an urge to post here since i played that game.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
To be fair, Maya's role in the story is far more integral than most of the other girls. She's your roommate, Derek's sister, and a big piece (admittedly, a pawn) in the 'Nefarious Quinn Activity" subplot.

By comparison, the other girls tend to have short scenes that flesh them out, then they drop out of sight as the plot moves on. That's not to say the rest of the girls don't deserve more of the limelight, just that there's a lot more to discuss about Maya than the others at this point.

Also, for the record, I'm not an alt. I'm just a lurker.

JohnDelfino

Mar 27, 2020
Yeah, this is something I felt too, that their reconciliation happened way too easily. It does make it feel as though the MC meant nothing to them and I think that this is one thing that DPC might have got a bit wrong. Sure, they both did the same thing with the same person for the same reason, but it should give them pause to really reflect on why they did it and if their relationship is or was ever really that strong. I mean, Maya goes from gay to at least bi in less than 2 weeks. That says a lot and she shouldn't have been so willing to jump back into Josy's arms, even if she was the one holding on the tightest before that.

Some people might say it's just because of the lies and that it's a betrayal of trust, but everybody is lying to the MC right now or at least not giving him the whole truth and each one of them has the potential to be just as devastating to the MC as Maya and Josy. This game could easily be called "Secrets and Lies" and it would be a perfectly apt title because every main LI has a level of risk to them, given that we don't know what it is they're hiding.

The simplest reason is that people felt the MC had a good shot with Maya and Josy, even after the girlfriend reveal, but the quick and easy way they got back together made it feel like what they had with the MC meant nothing and that they were misled. It would have been better to have them not get back together but to be unsure of where to go next, then to have the MC express his feelings and if you choose to be friends, they all choose to be friends, giving them time to sort things out and this way you get a separate path for each or a better MFF path later on. But if you choose to go for MFF at this point, it would make it feel more like it was because they truly want to be with him rather than feeling like they did it out of pity.
Along with how early this is in the story, this is why I am thinking that the scene wasn't actually the ending of that arc. The relationship isn't actually fixed and by the end of the game you will have won one of them over properly. In fact it wouldn't even surprise me if it isn't possible to get a three way relationship with them by the end.

(y)
I'm out of reactions thanks to the limit but this deserves to be liked it's the truth and I couldn't agree more with what you said. I'd rather have the constant talk of Jill is the best girl than more of this nonsense. One man and his Alts it's sad for all the other Maya and Josy fans out there who keep quiet and get on with it.
Everybody in this thread is actually me, even you. Especially you.

Andolomir

Jul 9, 2018
Along with how early this is in the story, this is why I am thinking that the scene wasn't actually the ending of that arc. The relationship isn't actually fixed and by the end of the game you will have won one of them over properly. In fact it wouldn't even surprise me if it isn't possible to get a three way relationship with them by the end.
I guess thats the point. You would think, that she is a little bit more conflicted since even Derek acknowledged, that Maya has feelings for the MC. Yet it knocks on the door and MC is forgotten. If you tell her "Just Friendship" she says "OK" and makes out with Josy while you leave the room. If that isn´t just sloppy writing there has to be more in the future.

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
I guess thats the point. You would think, that she is a little bit more conflicted since even Derek acknowledged, that Maya has feelings for the MC. Yet it knocks on the door and MC is forgotten. If you tell her "Just Friendship" she says "OK" and makes out with Josy while you leave the room. If that isn´t just sloppy writing there has to be more in the future.
that's the most shitty part for me if you "confess your feelings" but your DIK point is higher then Chick they say "we can't risque our relationship" and get rid of MC with in 2 sec. and making out mean while MC leaves the room.
So Maya have feelings for MC ? or Josy have feelings ? you can't get rid of a person you feel something like 2 sec. that's totally bullshit so that's mean they just use MC to get together and they done with him just pass him to the garbage can.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
DPC is a very good writer, if he wasn't then people wouldn't have such strong feelings for the different characters in this game, but this does feel like a bit of a blotch on their record. I understand the need to put them somewhat on the back burner and give other characters more of a focus moving forward, but it was still too quick and sudden a way to do that. Going down the route of having them all agree be friends for now while they sort things out, if you chose that option, would have achieved the same effect of pushing them to the edges for now and giving other characters the spotlight, and it might have gone down better with a lot of people.

4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes