felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
We know what he meant. And AL wasn't a sitcom at all, it was a tragedy since the beginning, it had lots of dark moments before that. This game doesn't come close to the earlier episodes of AL.
the first 5 -6 chapters of AL are a masterpiece.

they are better than anything I've ever played (here at least)

Reactions: Roelandt

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I am playing Acting Lesson in these days, and I confess that I immediately thought that if I had played it before probably I would not have started BADIK.

the third act of AL has two problems, one is the one you were talking about: the senseless accumulation of WTF drama, useless for the story. and the second is that in the third act in practice we stop playing, we "suffer" the consequences of what we have done up to that moment with very few interactions.

but they are two serious flaws (for me the ending is worth half the work) on a great game

I hope that DPC has learned something, at least on the first problem, on the second I already have some more doubts
Personally I didn’t particularly mind the dramatic choice but disliked the fact we ended up thereafter with few interactions.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Personally I didn’t particularly mind the dramatic choice but disliked the fact we ended up thereafter with few interactions.
DPC accumulates too many dramas in AL, and some of them don't even exploit them enough.

that Melissa's stepfather is also in the drug business and has a policeman on his side, what does it add to the story? nothing, just confusion. if all the attention had been only on the abuse of mother and daughter wouldn't it have been better?

a nurse / stalker / murderer would be an exaggerated character in any story

the dilemma, and then the feelings of guilt, about who to save from the fire was enough to make AL a very adult story anyway. the rest is ballast

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
What do you mean?

will there be different games in the next chapters? or will they also be replaced in the chapters already seen?
If you're struggling with the mini-games, buy all the ingame cheats from Derek and the Nerds. That helps ALOT.

Or set the game to Mini-games Off at the start of the game. I'm there for the story, though I did do a run through with the games On but that's not my cup of tea. At least the Games don't form a Hard Wall that prevents you from proceeding in the story until you finish it like some games do.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Bacchus! I've never seen this slide before! Where is it from? That's the shirt he wore on his first day! How did you get this to happen?
If you piss her off in ep 1, she throws you out. I never got that happen to me, but know where the render is in the files.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
We know what he meant. And AL wasn't a sitcom at all, it was a tragedy since the beginning, it had lots of dark moments before that. This game doesn't come close to the earlier episodes of AL.
I used "sitcom" metaphorically to illustrate a dramatic change of tone and genre. I said it was a Sexy Romantic Drama (almost a Romantic Comedy with strong Dramatic elements), not a Tragedy at all until ERRRRRRRRR CRASH!!! Act 3! And SCRUBS suddenly turns into SAW. Jarring, sloppy storytelling.

BUT...so lets talk about BADIK in this Thread. Let's take AL discussions to the Acting Lessons Thread.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
You Forgot about Karen Rebecca Johnson :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I only listed those with a lewd scenes. No Karen, no Heather, no Brandi, no Sally, no "Super Hot Chick in the Red Dress".

But, I understand that Karen, or KRJ, is a fan favorite. So much so that I expect Doc will include her more in the future. I like her to. She's adorable, though quite fragile.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
I mentioned these girls in my Favorites List, but here they are since I wasn't clear on who they were. They appear in Episode 4 when the MC is trying to figure out what happened with the Rooster cluck of Cathy.

Lady in Red talking to Heather.
And the Girl on Balcony! The one in the leather vest.

Lady in Red 1.jpg Lady in Red 2.jpg
Lady in Red! Oh, my....
Lady in Red b.jpg

Girl on Balcony (GOB). Upper right hand corner in the Leather Vest.
GoB.jpg GoB2.jpg

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I only listed those with a lewd scenes. No Karen, no Heather, no Brandi, no Sally, no "Super Hot Chick in the Red Dress".

But, I understand that Karen, or KRJ, is a fan favorite. So much so that I expect Doc will include her more in the future. I like her to. She's adorable, though quite fragile.
KRJ is a fan favourite... Here. I doubt DPC knows of that and I'm not sure if it's the same elsewhere.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I mentioned these girls in my Favorites List, but here they are since I wasn't clear on who they were. They appear in Episode 4 when the MC is trying to figure out what happened with the Rooster cluck of Cathy.

Lady in Red talking to Heather.
And the Girl on Balcony! The one in the leather vest.

View attachment 746899 View attachment 746901
Lady in Red! Oh, my....
View attachment 746902

Girl on Balcony (GOB). Upper right hand corner in the Leather Vest.
View attachment 746907 View attachment 746984
Doubtful we'll see any more of either of those 2 that were talking to Heather, and the other is a billboard character so we could see more of her in the background, but obviously nothing more than that.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes