Lollonman

Aug 4, 2020
I was wondering, when searching for the game on Steam the only supported OSs are Windows and Ubuntu/Linux, but I can see some download links for the Mac version on the first page of the thread.

Do I have to assume there's no official Mac release for this game?

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
It's not necessarily a hostile act, but from what I've seen others say about him who were here when it all went down is that he does seem to dislike this site, possibly because the people criticising him didn't pay for his game and he doesn't like that. But even though this thread may not have as many people on it as there are members of his Discord (the majority of which I'd wager are never active on the Discord), I'd say that the level of discussion here is such that it is worthy of their attention and it doesn't matter if they don't leave messages via their official profile, but even just knowing they look in from time to time would be OK.
I would suspect DPC is still aware of the discussions here in some sense even if it's just an occasional mention from an associate, Philly Games mentioned being friends with Hopes Gaming before and I would expect there are other developers that know each other and possibly other people on the site. Cheeky Gimp has a member of his development team that is active on the site and regularly posts on the thread for his game. I like seeing that level of interaction here, but can understand wanting to focus on just the paying supporters especially if there are still some hard feelings over how things went with Acting Lessons and fear that this site could pull away patron support (I'm only a patron because I found the game here, but could see others choosing to not pay if they knew it was an option).

As for the reaction to criticism I think it's part of being a creator and many have trouble with it, especially when it seems hostile, repetitive, and as you mentioned coming from people that never paid for the product. Hopes Gaming put a scene into Deluca Family to lash out against non-paying fans who criticized the game so I expect many developers feel that way at times even if they don't express it as directly.

Mostly I'm just glad there are still some good games being produced and we have a place to discuss, theorize, and argue while waiting around for the next installment.

Reactions: ename144

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
Guys, crazy dumb theory time!

What if Jill is the mastermind behind the tri-betas framing Chad and keeping the feud going between tri-alphas and the DIKs?

Jill really, really doesn't like bullies (whatever her actual reasons for that might be). EDIT: What if bullying pushed her sister into committing suicide? How's that for a dark turn?
She comes from a rich and influential family, at least when it comes to matters concerning the college. What if she's providing the tri-betas with the necessary resources and promises of turning things around for them if they help her with this anti-bullying covert op of hers?

In Episode 1 after being introduced to her for the first time we can see Magnar waving at her in the hallway.
Jill hangs around in the library a lot. Yes, partly because of Bella, but the library is pretty much tri-betas' base of operations. And that's how she likely befriended them in the first place.
Jill might not like the DIKs very much. Maybe something to do with her past experience with Rusty?
She called in the teacher's council not so much out of concern for MC, but to finally get rid of Chad and mess shit up for the tri-alphas. Which was probably part of the plan all along.
Her convincing MC to play DnG with the tri-betas was her first attempt to bring them closer together. Which yeah, doesn't really make much sense, considering MC is a DIK pledge. But still, who knows what her motives really are.

I'm not following Jill' story, so I might be missing some details.

So yeah, should I just get the tinfoil hat?

Last edited:

Dec 20, 2019

What if Jill is the mastermind behind the tri-betas framing Chad and keeping the feud going between tri-alphas and the DIKs?

Jill really, really doesn't like bullies (whatever her actual reasons for that might be).
She comes from a rich and influential family, at least when it comes to matters concerning the college. What if she's providing the tri-betas with the necessary resources and promises of turning things around for them if they help her with this anti-bullying covert op of hers?

In Episode 1 after being introduced to her for the first time we can see Magnar waving at her in the hallway.
Jill hangs around in the library a lot. Yes, partly because of Bella, but the library is pretty much tri-betas' base of operations. And that's how she likely befriended them in the first place.
Jill might not like the DIKs very much. Maybe something to do with her past experience with Rusty?
She called in the teacher's council not so much out of concern for MC, but to finally get rid of Chad and mess shit up for the tri-alphas. Which was probably part of the plan all along.
Her convincing MC to play DnG with the tri-betas was her first attempt to bring them closer together. Which yeah, doesn't really make much sense, considering MC is a DIK pledge. But still, who knows what her motives really are.

ep5_cook21c.jpg
JILL: I APPROVE!

Hugh G. Rection

Jan 10, 2020

Jill really, really doesn't like bullies (whatever her actual reasons for that might be).

A theory omitting hidden family ties? I'm disappointed :cautious:

And then she fucks and stabs the winner! FIN

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019

Nahh it can't be Jill because she was practicing the piano in the auditorium all night so no. I could be the one of the HOTS of the Nerds.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
each of the 5 LIs could be the new "Leah".

Bella: I don't even need to explain it...

Jill: aristocratic family, demonic smile, the only woman in a men's dorm ... an unclear family bereavement

Sage: she has red hair, and this is already a test, uninhibited sexuality, as soon as Chad "dumped" her he disappeared and nobody saw him again .... she uses Quinn to keep her image clean but in reality ...

Maya: She is broken so she could do anything, and the fault would be her father

Josy: she is Evil's stepsister, plays with the feelings of MC and Maya to bring them beyond the breaking point and unleash terror

Leah had far fewer clues against her

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes