Stark9999999

Dec 4, 2017
Honestly, I'd much rather he get through other storylines first more than anything especially the whole Sage and Chad story and of course more on Bella and her husband but I feel as though he is going to drag both of those stories out.
Seconded but with DPC's penchant for red herrings and new dramas he could easily drag them out like you said. I wouldn't put it past him to have a few more incredibly ambiguous scenes with no real resolution next episode.

What I find odd is that Melanie's scene only happens if the MC is pursuing Sage. Does this mean Chad/Sage won't be resolved for those who didn't want to be Sage's fuck buddy? That seems unlikely. But if the Chad/Sage drama comes to a head even without Melanie's scheme, that renders Melanie's scene even more confusing.
I'm not certain what's going on here, there's been a lot of different theories, but it seems slightly more likely that Mel and Sarah are scheming something political related to the HOTs with Chad and Sage's relationship. If that's the case I imagine it would still move forward offscreen just in a slightly different way that doesn't involve the MC.

This poses a slightly different question of how much of an RPG DPC is going to make this (ala ME2 if Shepard does X, Garrus lives, if he does Y, Garrus dies.)
Outrageous example! What kind of sick person would let the homie Garrus die?

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Seconded but with DPC's penchant for red herrings and new dramas he could easily drag them out like you said. I wouldn't put it past him to have a few more incredibly ambiguous scenes with no real resolution next episode.
That and free-roams and minigames taking up what could be better used to get on with more of the story, It's like with the modern video games I usually play right through for the story on my first run then go back and do the extra stuff on the second run. Not that I mind all the extras he's put in but ideally, I'd just like to get on with the story.

jadenyuki

Oct 9, 2019
Just finished the episode 5 today. Acting Lessons was pretty good, despite the weird ending lol, but this game... this is a masterpiece. Thanks and keep the great work.

Reactions: Laurelin

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
If my "Affinity is who you really are" interpretation is correct, I actually would not be surprised if at the end of the game, it is his intent to leave us with only one bar remaining, defining who the MC is. Where that one bar lies will influence the tone of the epilogues.
I wouldn’t put it past him to make it linear like that towards the end. I hope it’s not the case though.

JohnDelfino

Mar 27, 2020
One of the social links in Persona 4 specifically requires you reject the girl at first because the relationship isn't healthy. She instead grows into a better person as your friend and a more stable relationship starts. I've said it before that I'd have a lot of respect for DPC if he subverted the normal VN trope of being able to just "pick" these absurd relationships like harems or incest (or incest harems) and have them always work out flawlessly because the girls passively just follow whatever the MC says. Instead write about how difficult it would actually be for a bunch of 19 year olds to form a stable poly-amorous relationship.

If the Maya/Josy choice to start a thruple backfires and you lose it all whereas the friendship route opens up choosing one or the other individually I would actually quite like that. Sure, it would piss some people off but it would at least be unique. Make the relationship noteworthy in a sea of western VN "Gotta catch 'em all" games.
I've said before, the dialogue with Josy or Maya in episode 5 on the friendship path hints at a better story presuming it wraps back round to letting you end up with one or both of them. Would be interesting if it works out like you said.

Reactions: mindern

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Updated OP with v0.5.1 patch (mostly bugfixes--see changelog)

If you have v0.4.x or the full v0.5.0, download the patch and follow the instructions in the zipfile. If you do not have any version of the game, download the full v0.5.0 from the OP and then download the patch and follow the instructions.

Thanks Englen for the patch links.

Reactions: italianstallionxxx

Dec 20, 2019
if you had true neutral affinity you would have not tip the scale. to remain neutral for the weed scene and after it. you had to have 3 chick and 3 dik major choice. before you reach the weed scene, with the smoking cannabis decision, you will have a 4-3, to either dick or chick major choices. 4 to 3 is still neutral, 5 to 3 is not.
for me it was the caleb fight that put me in to the dick affinity , and by not punching Tybalt, i went back to being neutral
Can you access your phone after smoking the weed? Try it and check your status to see if your actions tipped your scale.

The real danger is MC's obssesion to be romantically involved with so many girls.
The real danger here is OUR obsession to own a harem.

In the case of Sage, if MC does not pursue her, does it mean she will stay with Chad indefinitely instead or will that breakup still occur regardless, making whatever the MC does or doesn't do largely inconsequential? I honestly have no clue what DPC will choose here. The former gives the MC a lot of agency in the fate of other characters in the game (a good thing) but adds significant workload to DPC in having to craft alternate parallel stories for various characters depending on our choices.
What I find odd is that Melanie's scene only happens if the MC is pursuing Sage. Does this mean Chad/Sage won't be resolved for those who didn't want to be Sage's fuck buddy? That seems unlikely. But if the Chad/Sage drama comes to a head even without Melanie's scheme, that renders Melanie's scene even more confusing.

I'm really not sure what the plan is with Sage at this point. I don't see any way it can be resolved quickly and still feel like a satisfying resolution. I'm just hoping Episode 6 will at least point us in a clear direction.
Since I never rejected Sage, I am curious, what happens if we do not proceed? Are MC and Sage still FB? Or is he truly friendzoned?

Dec 31, 2019
Class picnic (Mc, Josy, Maya)!
I repeated these scenes many times (over and over again)! - I did not want to finish this picnic!:love:
Same here, I kept a save at the garden scene with Sage to replay it and the picnic scene with Josy and Maya which comes right after. This update had many wholesome moments like those, loved it.

Reactions: Mormont and J1215

Lusikun

Sep 8, 2018
Hey again guys,
Here are the signatures that i made in the past 3 days.
I had lot of fun making them :HideThePain:
My personal favorite is Jill.
I feel like some of them are crap :KEK: but anyways feel free to use these signatures.
Isabella.gif Jade.gif Jillv1.gif Jillv2.gif Josy.gif Maya.gif MCv1.gif MCv2.gif MCv3.gif Quinn.gif Rustyv1.gif Rustyv2.gif Sage.gif Tommyv1.gif Tommyv2.gif
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Beach Fun Series:
Cathy.gif Camila.gif EnvyNicole.gif Heather.gif IJSJM.gif Isabella.gif Jade.gif Josy.gif Lily.gif Maya.gif Mona.gif Queen Jill.gif Quinn.gif Sage.gif Sally.gif RionaV3.gif RionaV2.gif RionaV1.gif
SarahAndMelanieV1.gif SarahAndMelanieV2.1.gif SarahAndMelanieV2.gif SarahAndMelanieV3.1.gif SarahAndMelanieV3.gif
CH6:
QuinnV1.gif QuinnV2.gif JillSigtest.gif

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Those are great! Excellent job. (y) Green and gold certainly worked well with Jade.

N7 How about adding a link to these in the OP?

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Since I never rejected Sage, I am curious, what happens if we do not proceed? Are MC and Sage still FB? Or is he truly friendzoned?
A more accurate statement of the situation is that Sage is friendzonedby MC.
Sshe is fascinated with it At the end of free roam in Ep5. She has no experience with men who do not want to have sex with her.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
If the MC doesn't try to fool around with Sage after Chad comes to her for help, she will tersely kick the MC out. He will have no real interaction with her through Episode 4, and the episode wrap-ups will say how Sage seems to have lost all interest in him.

Come Episode 5, Sage will still give the MC the speech about how Rusty is living in a bubble. But instead of having sex on Tybalt's bed, she will say that they should hang out more. The MC will explain he didn't want to get in the middle of all her drama with Chad, but will offer to be her friend only. She will say she doesn't get rejected very often and admit she is surprised he isn't interested in her.

They decide to leave it at that, and the MC will not give her a guitar lesson after leaving Bella's.

Reactions: beef-devourer
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes