Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Supporting Chad isn't a affinity choice. You must have neutral/Chick affinity in the library scene with Josy and Maya. If you have fought Caleb or punched Tybalt after, you simply have changed your affinity to Dik.
If you don't have DIK affinity in ep 5 then it locks you out of that fight, but you can still punch Tybalt and that can push you in to DIK affinity if you're 1 major DIK choice away from that, which, when it comes to M&J, doesn't make sense when you think about it. :unsure:

Someone can have Neutral Affinity before the library scene, then smoke weed with Quinn, and it pushes them into DIK Affinity which causes M&J to reject the MC, yet mere minutes before that they wouldn't have. :WaitWhat: But then, if you keep the Neutral affinity and are accepted by them, you can punch Tybalt, get DIK Affinity, but they'll still be with the MC and won't dump him even though he's now changed to the affinity they apparently don't like. :WaitWhat::WaitWhat:

This is why they Affinity system is broken and often doesn't make any sense.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

View attachment 745345
View attachment 745346

Lily found a palm tree that made her miss working at the Pink Rose.

4k and full HD versions in the attachment of this post.

Enjoy!

Dr PinkCake
Was wondering if we'd these on the weekend too, and now I don't need to wonder anymore. (y)

Damn, what a saucy little tease. :love: And I see she still has that oral fixation. :sneaky:

Last edited:

Pantsonfire

May 13, 2018
If you don't have DIK affinity in ep 5 then it locks you out of that fight, but you can still punch Tybalt and that can push you in to DIK affinity if you're 1 major DIK choice away from that, which, when it comes to M&J, doesn't make sense when you think about it. :unsure:

Someone can have Neutral Affinity before the library scene, then smoke weed with Quinn, and it pushes them into DIK Affinity which causes M&J to reject the MC, yet mere minutes before that they wouldn't have. :WaitWhat: But then, if you keep the Neutral affinity and are accepted by them, you can punch Tybalt, get DIK Affinity, but they'll still be with the MC and won't dump him even though he's now changed to the affinity they apparently don't like. :WaitWhat::WaitWhat:

Maybe it was intentionally designed that way to make it kind of like a 'most rewarding path'? Because that's the feeling I'm getting from the scenes and writing. (Personal opinion: As awesome as Jade and Cathy are, they can't compete with Maya and Josy's sweetness). It's probably fair a full on dik character wouldn't gel so smoothly with them but a middling dik-neutral character seems fair - especially if you consider that they've (Maya and Josy) been progressing towards taking things slowly and seem more accepting of the MC dating other girls as well as compared to in earlier episodes when commitment might have been a much bigger issue.

I think it would be a damn shame if Maya and Josy were hardcoded to only be open to relationships with a chick or neutral-chick player

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Hang on, is the Caleb fight really locked to DIK affinity? I know it requires you to have fought the Jocks in Episode 2 (which is a major DIK choice), but I thought that was the only requirement.

I don't have a playthrough that could easily test this, but the walkthrough doesn't mention anything about needing DIK affinity. So theoretically a CHICK MC could still fight Caleb, as long as he made that one DIK decision.

But no argument on the Affinity system. It's sloppily implemented and needlessly confusing.

Reactions: Gh0st_Harambe

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Hang on, is the Caleb fight really locked to DIK affinity? I know it requires you to have fought the Jocks in Episode 2 (which is a major DIK choice), but I thought that was the only requirement.

I don't have a playthrough that could easily test this, but the walkthrough doesn't mention anything about needing DIK affinity. So theoretically a CHICK MC could still fight Caleb, as long as he made that one DIK decision.

But no argument on the Affinity system. It's sloppily implemented and needlessly confusing.
Actually, yeah, I think it's just the fight with the Jocks, not the Affinity. But the point about how the Affinity can change to the one M&J apparently don't like when you're with them still stands.

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
DPC is like a heroin dealer.

He lures you in with that first fix: Beach Fun Josy.

But then you come back everyday hoping for another of the main girls or Heather or Sandy, but then you get the minor girls like Sally or Lily.

Finally, DPC will exhaust all the "background girls" and you tell yourself you'll finally get Beach Fun Sage and Beach Fun Jill, but then he trolls you and you get Beach Fun Receptionist or Beach Fun Girl In The Mall Who Derek/MC Debate Is A 5 Or 10.

*shakes head*

Diavel

Apr 2, 2018
I'm almost 100% certain her husband is in the military. Someone else pointed out that there was a pair of combat boots in Bella's house which leads me to believe hes not dead just MIA and one day he will return and then we will see a shitstorm happen on these forums.
Then what is all of that "I forgive you" innerlog she has???
If he is in the military, and is out because of duty... then that innerlog has no sense....

rateezy

Apr 15, 2018
I don't think he planned that. It only happened with some people who lack compassion and empathy. Most don't hate them though, they're just not attracted to them for their own reasons.
to be fair i'm not gonna say the word "hate", it just feel so bad being betrayed like that.

faxalag

Jan 30, 2020
Someone can have Neutral Affinity before the library scene, then smoke weed with Quinn, and it pushes them into DIK Affinity which causes M&J to reject the MC, yet mere minutes before that they wouldn't have.
Really? Do you also complain in shooter games when the player's health increases instantly after taking meds? :Kappa:

The point is, IT IS A GAME! It's easy to comment about the flaws in things, but you need to understand that it is incredibly hard to design game mechanics that make sense when you compare it with real life. This game already tracks a lot of decisions which make it pretty consistent but what you're asking for requires a whole another level of variable tracking and isn't easily scalable. So, while the Affinity-Status system isn't perfect, I very much like it for the flexibility it provides the players with. It's a wonderful construct that tunes the MC's personality with time and adds replayability to the game. I do however agree with ename144 that a couple of DPC's design choices made the whole system somewhat confusing. But hey, it is implemented pretty well for the most part and I'd definitely not call it broken.

Last edited:

rateezy

Apr 15, 2018
We all saw how Rusty was when he first met her (arrogant, cocky, entitled) and how he behaved with the DIKs (loutish, arrogant (again), juvenile), so it's not much of a stretch to assume that he would act around a bit when the DIKs show up on his date with Jill and go into full "bro-mode".
i'm not gonna agree on how you described rusty, sure when he was a freshman (in the flashback that we've seen) he was arrogant and entitled, but right now in the DIK i feel like he's one of the nicest guy there, he's also humble now, never bragged about how the dik mansion is all his money yada yada.

Reactions: flippityflop

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Josy doesn't even need money. maybe if Maya didn't get the free tuition ...
Ya that's kinda where I was going with that - Josy seems fine financially, but I could totally see MC heading to the strip club one night and seeing Josy in one of the cages and then....credits as a cliffhanger for the next episode. :D
Josy would do it to help Maya. Not saying it's gonna happen, but ever since that scene with Lily talking to Josy about it, it was pretty clear foreshadowing to me.

Reactions: Dik President

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
to be fair i'm not gonna say the word "hate", it just feel so bad being betrayed like that.
"Betrayed" is a bit too strong a word in my view. It's not like they had fully committed to anything with each other, like exclusivity, and then they deliberately went behind his back. He simply didn't have the full picture about each of them because they omitted certain details, with Maya especially having very understandable reasons for doing so. It was more blindsiding than a betrayal, and it was more about the fact that these 2 girls he was pursuing were in a relationship with each other than anything else.

He wasn't mad at Josy for the fact she was in a relationship because he knew that already and still went after her. If she had revealed that her "relationship" was with Anthony, I don't think he would have cared nearly as much. He just wasn't prepared for finding out that these 2 girls he liked were together and didn't like the fact that they all hadn't been honest with each other, but that still doesn't quite reach the level of a betrayal in my book.

ZeusG

Jul 25, 2020
But who was your favourite before, Maya or Josy? I wouldn't call it bad writing, there's foreshadowing to it since episode one, maybe a bit cliché, but not bad writing.
It was Maya. But before the twist it also turned out that she didn't like me because one of the options with her was locked. Why the fuck not. I guess she doesn't like being checked out or smth lol.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Hey guys just a quick general question - when new episodes are posted, is there a delay on when they are available here versus Patreon, etc.? Thanks.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
No, the screenshot below is proof that it can be done.

I think it has to do with the major affinity options (i did 3 chick moves which were 1) storm out instead of confronting Troy, 2) Comfort Steve and 3) Support Chad

In my 2nd playthrough (also massive dik), i only did 1) and 3). There's alot of gameplay between the steve decision and the trio decision though so I might only try again for when 6.0 comes out

View attachment 745310

I did a shorter re-run where I stayed with Maya in her room (instead of threesome with Quinn and Rhiona) which led to the almost sex scenes but it wasn't enough to get the trio option. So most likely the minimum criteria is for player to have carried out at least 3 Major Chick decisions.

I'm so glad I discovered this path during my first playthrough lol because trio with Maya and Josy is fking incredible but the conventional Chick path seems abit meh compared to amount of crazy stuff that you can do as a DIK!
It is not possible to get Maya and Josy with DIK affinity, it simply isn't. The walkthrough tells you this twice.

View attachment 745319 View attachment 745320

The only way that it's possible is to use the mod to change a DIK Affinity to Neutral or CHICK before that decision and then change it back afterwards.
Just to confirm:

Holy Bacchus is absolutely right. This is the part of the scene at the DIK party in the library room with Maya and Josy where switching to the Maya and Josy path actually happens:

Python:
        mc "Following your heart...will take you exactly where you're supposed to be."
        scene ep4_josy_maya_talk61 with dissolve
        js "*{i}Whispers{/i}*"
        my "*{i}Whispers{/i}*"
        js "*{i}Whispers{/i}*"
        $ tmpScore = 0
        if ep2_fuckedJosy:
            $ tmpScore += 1
        if ep3_mayaLewd:
            $ tmpScore += 1
        if _in_replay:
            jump ep4_kiss_jm_label
        if tmpScore > 0 and affinity != "DIK":
            $ pathMayaJosy = True
            label ep4_kiss_jm_label:
            scene ep4_josy_maya_talk43 with dissolve
            mc "..."
            mc "What did you decide?"
pathMayaJosy gets set to True only if you don't have DIK affinity and you have either fucked Josy in ep2, almost fucked Maya in ep3 or both.
This is the only place pathMayaJosy gets its value and it gets set to False if conditions aren't met. So far there are no places in the following code of ep4 or ep5 where the value of pathMayaJosy could change.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes