D

Deleted member 2739658

Yeah that's right she lacks the courage to stand up to her father, but she has people around her that help her and that's the important part. There is no scenario I can think of where neither Josy or MC or even her own brother would let Maya prostitute herself. Also Maya is not the ''sex-drived'' character (Don't know how to phrase it but I hope you get what I mean) She is even hesitant towards the MC, a guy she loves or has some kind of feelings towards. And then you expect her to suck a random guys dick? Nah man, not gonna happen.

Also the reason Maya can't stand up against her father is because of the environment she grew up in (religious, conservative father) and then there is you, a lesbian daughter. Some of you may not know how hard it is to tell your religious parents about your sexuality, so it's normal for Maya to be submissive. (That's just my take on her reasoning)
First of all prostitution has nothing to do with sex, that is to say it doesn't matter what the individuals sexual orientation is. The point of the act is money. No Prostitute is looking for sexual gratification when they solicit.

Maya is a person who tends to keep things from people, even people she cares about. Go back to that conversation in class where the MC is pointing out just how alike Maya and her brother are. Also, Maya is an adult. She doesn't need her Father's permission, but she does choose to submit to him. I still find it hard to believe that she lived 30 minutes away from Josy and never tried to sneak away for a visit.

D

Deleted member 2739658

That's why we have Mona. She seems likely to be the character that shows what happens when someone is desperate, malleable, and doesn't have a strong support structure around them. The only person that seems close to Mona is Camila and she'll encourage rather than discourage Mona because Camila seems to be all in with Quinn's operation.

Maya will likely have Josy, Derek, and the MC long enough that she won't fall into such a thing, and even if she lost Josy and the MC, she'll still have Derek and will have likely built up enough resilience that she won't resort to going down that road.

There's a huge differenc to standing up to your family and standing up to someone who you've only known for a short time, namely the fact that it's often harder to stand up to your own family when there's the bond of unconditional love that you fear to lose.

Maya may be looking for the easy way out, but she also seems prepared to go down the harder route if necessary.
You don't listen very well do you? Go away.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
No, Maya is never going to be part of Quinn's operations, if the the dev follow his established characters' traits. A good example is that Maya straight up ask Sage to be her pledge mother if the players tell her that Quinn is running a sex business. Maya is willing to remain a HOT so far mainly because the only guy she had to get sexual with is the MC aka the guy she actually loves romantically. Moreover, Sage doesn't like Quinn's operations even though it brings them tons of money, so she definitely will not allow Quinn to force any of the HOTs to join the business. Quinn also likes the MC, so the last thing she wants to do is really piss off the MC. If you haven't realize, Quinn pratically jumps on the MC four times without expecting anything in return, yet she is all business-like with every other guy in the scenes.
Yeah that's right she lacks the courage to stand up to her father, but she has people around her that help her and that's the important part. There is no scenario I can think of where neither Josy or MC or even her own brother would let Maya prostitute herself. Also Maya is not the ''sex-drived'' character (Don't know how to phrase it but I hope you get what I mean) She is even hesitant towards the MC, a guy she loves or has some kind of feelings towards. And then you expect her to suck a random guys dick? Nah man, not gonna happen.

Also the reason Maya can't stand up against her father is because of the environment she grew up in (religious, conservative father) and then there is you, a lesbian daughter. Some of you may not know how hard it is to tell your religious parents about your sexuality, so it's normal for Maya to be submissive. (That's just my take on her reasoning)
She doesn't even have much experience with men in fact nothing at all it's not like Josy that she had a lot before her relationship with her you just have to see how she gets when she's intimidated by the MC

Remember in the Diks party when you preffee go with Maya a she says words from her father says to her? Her father is a pieces of shit or the family except Derek

Last edited:

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
Also, why are we assuming Quinn will use her as any other menu girl? She can have bigger plans for her, a lesbo virgin sure is on high demand in some dark markets
We didn't see her use the girls in any other way, sure it's possible but everything other than what we have seen is just assumptions. But yeah sure she can use her in other ways

But sometimes you can't reach your loved ones on time, and sometimes they just make bad decissions before asking for advice or help because they think they are doing what is right
I hope that you are wrong, I'm already fully invested in the game and mainly in Maya and seeing this would fuck me up. Can't we just assume that everything will go well for everyone? Except for Quinn and Jill

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Maya will likely have Josy, Derek, and the MC long enough that she won't fall into such a thing, and even if she lost Josy and the MC, she'll still have Derek and will have likely built up enough resilience that she won't resort to going down that road.
What resilience could she possibly have when her girlfriend and the boy she also loves decide to be a thing without her? That's the only scenario that would make this possible, and I don't think it's a crazy idea. Only Derek remains as a safe protector, but he might be elsewhere when the crucial moment comes.

There's a huge differenc to standing up to your family and standing up to someone who you've only known for a short time, namely the fact that it's often harder to stand up to your own family when there's the bond of unconditional love that you fear to lose.

Maya may be looking for the easy way out, but she also seems prepared to go down the harder route if necessary.
Standing up to someone you've only known for a short time is not that easy if that someone has power over you. Do you have a boss? Quinn is a boss for Maya, she's the key to get the money she needs, so she might have to deal with it. The harder route being... well, selling her body is hard enough, don't you think?

D

Deleted member 2739658

Actually the player never says Maya that Quinn runs a sex business. In the end he just says 'she earns money from girls' and 'don't trust her' and she's the one who brings up the idea of turning up to Sage... with no visible effect, as HOT pledgers aren't allowed to change mothers. So if she wants to remain a HOT, she'd have to stick with Quinn and do all what she need to do in order to be accepted. That's when, sooner or later, she will face the decision of joining the business. If she feels that's her only option to get the money she needs so desperately, I don't see it quite strange she would end accepting. Especially if she doesn't feel MC's and/or Maya's support.
Also, it's still not clear what Sage knows about Quinn's business, so let's scratch that assumption "she definitely will not allow Quinn to force any of the HOTs to join the business" because, as far as we know, she might not even know there's a business at all. I'm guessing she will know all the truth just a second too late. And about Quinn not pissing off the MC, well, in some paths it's perfectly possible the MC doen't give a shit about Maya, so there it goes.
Did you happen to notice that Quinn brought up the MC in the scene with Sage and Maya. I think Quinn played on Sage's feelings there, to prevent a ruling that went against her.

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
Remember in the Diks party when you preffee go with Maya a she says words from her father says to her? Her father is a pieces of shit or the family except Dereck
Sadly that's just how m o s t conservative religious parents are regarding sexualities other than what they deem as ''normal''

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
We didn't see her use the girls in any other way, sure it's possible but everything other than what we have seen is just assumptions. But yeah sure she can use her in other ways

I hope that you are wrong, I'm already fully invested in the game and mainly in Maya and seeing this would fuck me up. Can't we just assume that everything will go well for everyone? Except for Quinn and Jill
Maya is not like the other girls, and Quinn is more desperated now than she was a week ago.

I'm just playing Devil's advocate here, I won't like to see this happening but also I don't think we should dismiss it just like that. Not at this point.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
That's why we have Mona. She seems likely to be the character that shows what happens when someone is desperate, malleable, and doesn't have a strong support structure around them. The only person that seems close to Mona is Camila and she'll encourage rather than discourage Mona because Camila seems to be all in with Quinn's operation.

I don't agree about Camila, she seems to know where her limits are and it's not that into Quinn's thing as it looked like in previous episodes. I think she will give good advice, but maybe she will still be talked into it again by Quinn and go that path with Burke.

Being alone was one of the conditions I mentioned in my original message. Maya has the MC, Josy and Derek and because all of them she could not do it, but if she were alone then maybe. But since we know she won't ever be alone that can't ever happen.
No, Maya is never going to be part of Quinn's operations, if the the dev follow his established characters' traits. A good example is that Maya straight up ask Sage to be her pledge mother if the players tell her that Quinn is running a sex business. Maya is willing to remain a HOT so far mainly because the only guy she had to get sexual with is the MC aka the guy she actually loves romantically. Moreover, Sage doesn't like Quinn's operations even though it brings them tons of money, so she definitely will not allow Quinn to force any of the HOTs to join the business. Quinn also likes the MC, so the last thing she wants to do is really piss off the MC. If you haven't realize, Quinn pratically jumps on the MC four times without expecting anything in return, yet she is all business-like with every other guy in the scenes.
Maya asked to change mothers because the MC suggested it to her. She lacks initiative.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Did you happen to notice that Quinn brought up the MC in the scene with Sage and Maya. I think Quinn played on Sage's feelings there, to prevent a ruling that went against her.
I don't remember the exact details but all that convo shows Quinn's ability to manipulate Sage (and Sage's unwillingness to take matters on her own hands).

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
First of all prostitution has nothing to do with sex, that is to say it doesn't matter what the individuals sexual orientation is. The point of the act is money. No Prostitute is looking for sexual gratification when they solicit.
Sadly I didn't manage to phrase my point correctly and I'm not gonna bother to do so at this point

Maya is a person who tends to keep things from people, even people she cares about.
Agreed, that's the scary part. But I'm sure she will open up as time passes by, can be wrong tho

Also, Maya is an adult. She doesn't need her Father's permission, but she does choose to submit to him. I still find it hard to believe that she lived 30 minutes away from Josy and never tried to sneak away for a visit.
You may find it hard to believe because you never experienced that for yourself, which is a good thing

Reactions: wittnotyoyo

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If you're invested in Maya and playing her route then you'll see the good stuff, so no problem there. But even for those not on that path, and even though this game does deal in some heavy themes, watching a character spiral downwards into a pit of depressing depravity just does not feel like it fits the overall lighter tone of the narrative which is why we'll not likely see anything too bad befall any characters.

What resilience could she possibly have when her girlfriend and the boy she also loves decide to be a thing without her? That's the only scenario that would make this possible, and I don't think it's a crazy idea. Only Derek remains as a safe protector, but he might be elsewhere when the crucial moment comes.
It's not like they're going to leave her within the next week, but Quinn pushing Maya to do something she doesn't want to do could happen soon and at that time she will have 3 people at most who could support her. So Maya will likely spend more time not being under Quinn's pressure than she does under it, and with the encouraging support around her, I don't see her backsliding even if the MC and Josy started a solo relationship.

I also don't see people like Josy and Derek taking such a thing lightly, so there's also the possibility that they could want to do something about it, whether that's going to Sage or even the counsellors. And whether they do or don't do anything about it, I reckon Quinn's whole operation will have crumbled anyway before anything involving the MC and Josy getting into a relationship would happen, so there wouldn't be any "Quinn restaurant" for Maya to get involved in anymore.

Standing up to someone you've only known for a short time is not that easy if that someone has power over you. Do you have a boss? Quinn is a boss for Maya, she's the key to get the money she needs, so she might have to deal with it. The harder route being... well, selling her body is hard enough, don't you think?
Except that the HOTs aren't her only option, they're just the easiest. Most people with bosses have to take whatever shit they get given because they don't have much of a choice, but Maya does have a choice, and with the people around her they can help to not only make the right and better choice, but also to help and encourage her with that choice even when it's the harder one.

D

Deleted member 2739658

Sadly I didn't manage to phrase my point correctly and I'm not gonna bother to do so at this point

Agreed, that's the scary part. But I'm sure she will open up as time passes by, can be wrong tho

You may find it hard to believe because you never experienced that for yourself, which is a good thing
In fact I did. My oldest brother Robert was killed in the Vietnam War in 1969. My other two brothers also served in that war. When I turned 18, I told my parents that I wanted to enlist in the Army. Of course, they were dead set against it. But I didn't need their permission, so I told them I was enlisting anyway, and I did.

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
In fact I did. My oldest brother Robert was killed in the Vietnam War in 1969. My other two brothers also served in that war. When I turned 18, I told my parents that I wanted to enlist in the Army. Of course, they were dead set against it. But I didn't need their permission, so I told them I was enlisting anyway, and I did.
That's hard to hear and I apologize for my premature assumptions.
In the end it depends on the person really, you may have the courage but other's don't. I certainly don't have them to begin with when it comes to my sexuality. It's another story when it comes to something that I really want to do tho like, for example, enlisting in the army

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
If you're invested in Maya and playing her route then you'll see the good stuff, so no problem there. But even for those not on that path, and even though this game does deal in some heavy themes, watching a character spiral downwards into a pit of depressing depravity just does not feel like it fits the overall lighter tone of the narrative which is why we'll not likely see anything too bad befall any characters.
You clearly understimate DPC's ability for plot-twisting ;) As for the tone, if you take Melissa's step-father out of AL, the first 5 chapters are quite light too, the robbery being just the convenient excuse to meet Megan. All you have there is a guy living with 2 girls and hanging around with them and an amazing pal. Then shit happens. I would even say more serious problems have been hinted in BaDIK (drugs, prostitution, and nasty fights between frats) than in AL's first 5 chapters.

It's not like they're going to leave her within the next week, but Quinn pushing Maya to do something she doesn't want to do could happen soon and at that time she will have 3 people at most who could support her. So Maya will likely spend more time not being under Quinn's pressure than she does under it, and with the encouraging support around her, I don't see her backsliding even if the MC and Josy started a solo relationship.

I also don't see people like Josy and Derek taking such a thing lightly, so there's also the possibility that they could want to do something about it, whether that's going to Sage or even the counsellors. And whether they do or don't do anything about it, I reckon Quinn's whole operation will have crumbled anyway before anything involving the MC and Josy getting into a relationship would happen, so there wouldn't be any "Quinn restaurant" for Maya to get involved in anymore.
Yeah, timeframe is important here. But again, I don't think it would be too unrealistical if Maya decides to make her first big decission of her own with something so obviously stupid like this, fooling Derek and Josy (remember, she would be mad at Josie for running away from her with the MC) who might only know what happened after it's done. People do stupid things all the time just to prove themselves.

Except that the HOTs aren't her only option, they're just the easiest. Most people with bosses have to take whatever shit they get given because they don't have much of a choice, but Maya does have a choice, and with the people around her they can help to not only make the right and better choice, but also to help and encourage her with that choice even when it's the harder one.
As for now, it seems the HOT's could be her only option if things with Josie and MC don't go as desired. Her only support will be Derek but she'll be pretty hard beaten, and people in that state tend to do the most stupid things.

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
But even for those not on that path, and even though this game does deal in some heavy themes, watching a character spiral downwards into a pit of depressing depravity just does not feel like it fits the overall lighter tone of the narrative which is why we'll not likely see anything too bad befall any characters.
While I kinda hope you're correct, if nothing 'too bad' is going to happen to anyone, what's the point of the pre-game disclaimer? I don't want to see any of the characters we've come to know in the first 5 chapters get badly hurt (physically or emotionally) or even killed... but I definitely wouldn't say it's "not likely".

D

Deleted member 2739658

That's hard to hear and I apologize for my premature assumptions.
In the end it depends on the person really, you may have the courage but other's don't. I certainly don't have them to begin with when it comes to my sexuality. It's another story when it comes to something that I really want to do tho like, for example, enlisting in the army
But see, this is my whole point. Nothing about Maya presents the impression of someone who could stand up to Quinn's manipulation. I was an investigator for many years and for two of those years I traced runaways. I know a lot about how vulnerable people are sucked into nightmare's like prostitution, and with Maya it's almost like DPC has created the perfect victim. Everyone keeps going on about how she would never do that, but given the desperation of her situation I'm saying, based on what I know, that she would do that if written in accordance with her personality as presented in the game. I've had so many horrific conversations with parents and loved ones who sound exactly like so many people on this form and are so convinced that she would never do that. That's not true, she would.

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
But see, this is my whole point. Nothing about Maya presents the impression of someone who could stand up to Quinn's manipulation. I was an investigator for many years and for two of those years I traced runaways. I know a lot about how vulnerable people are sucked into nightmare's like prostitution, and with Maya it's almost like DPC has created the perfect victim. Everyone keeps going on about how she would never do that, but given the desperation of her situation I'm saying, based on what I know, that she would do that if written in accordance with her personality as presented in the game. I've had so many horrific conversations with parents and loved ones who sound exactly like so many people on this form and are so convinced that she would never do that. That's not true, she would.
Bro I just hope you are wrong :HideThePain: Can't see anything good coming from Quinn's manipulation

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes