DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I'm still trying to fully understand the episode 4 ending with Maya/Josy. Does anyone remember on what page of this forum the original discussions about that happened?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm still trying to fully understand the episode 4 ending with Maya/Josy. Does anyone remember on what page of this forum the original discussions about that happened?
No, but let's just say that M&J fans still don't understand it, at least in terms of why those who are on the DIK path can't still get with them if they've done everything else right.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Because it's the most convenient way to remove him as an obstacle to Sage. If he's gay, then there's no chance of any kind of reconciliation between him and Sage should the issue be something which could be resolved if he's straight and if he's given the chance.

It's also possible that this could result in something of an alliance between the MC and Chad that could be useful later should the MC discover his secret and agree to keep it, and if he defended him in Ep 3.

Because she doesn't like violence and she has a good heart, which means she's got nothing against Tybalt because she's nice to everyone, even people like him.

A thug or a meathead are probably more appropriate terms for Chad because we haven't seen him act like a typical bully. He hasn't gone out of his way to harass the MC or make his life a living hell, they simply clashed over Sage once and Chad, for some reason, thought the MC sent him incriminating pictures so he lashed out at him.

Dawe fits the description of "bully" more than Chad does.
on linguistic issues I leave you the priority

but MC is not weak, he is not the right prey for bullies (in the same way that Quinn bullies Mona but not Camila) Dawe tried, but on the second round let Caleb face him

the Jocks are clearly the bullies at the BR (the kings of smuting), and with Chad being their boss he is at least responsible for it.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
why does punching tybalt will make jill sad? it's not that she likes him. he's just like a stalker to her. And bella yeah, she probably enjoys it.
An item of note, the game subtracts RP points from both Jill and Bella when they find out MC decked Tybalt. DPC deliberately made it difficult to resist that choice. As good as it feels to slug Tybalt and repeatedly watch that glorious animation, in the long run, it would be best to avoid it if you're into Bella, Jill, or Jade. My dark side DIK playthrough MC doesn't care about Bella or Jill, but he is pouring the coals to Jade and wants to continue to do so. Tough decision for him.

stallonemaker

Aug 8, 2019
I have just downloaded the game however for some reason, I can't seem to get the file to open on my MacBook. It downloaded as an application and I gave it security privileges but the file still won't open to play.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
This is a fairly regular topic on here. One Theory is that he is the top for Troy. Is that supported in game explicitly? No not yet. It is somewhat stereotypical, but would explain why a closet homosexual athlete on a scholarship might be super mad to be exposed. He could just as easily be banging Sally or some non HOT on campus.. would take serious balls to be with a HOT with Sage as the president, and Chad is a bully, not possessing serious balls.
How dare you taint Sally in that way!

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
It may even be the reason Troy was kicked out of the Alpha's.
This 25% chance. 75% chance it was just for being a homosexual. But, I'm pretty sure it was for either being caught with another guy or cross-dressing.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
The evidence IMO;

Can’t Get it up. We’re led to believe it’s the drugs, I doubt that.
On the phone with someone (not Sarah or Melanie or Arieth)
Phone call language intentionally gender neutral
Troy kicked out for unknown reason
Troy keeping strange hours
Chad fear of the blackmail
Chad over Reacting to suggestion of Being gay (first encounter with MC)
Chad happy in Dorms
Chad disinterest in Sage during episode 5 flashback

I’d be more surprised if he isn’t gay than if he is. The breadcrumbs are there.
This. All the pieces are there. It's almost common sense to assume.

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
Badik is one of the only games here that actually makes me enjoy every aspect of it regardless how cliche and typical it is
That's what bought my heart to BaDIK the most. Like one of the things I look forward to the most are freaking Roostergram updates and Swyper mini-game. Because it enhances not only the story but also makes the world seem so much more believeable.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
I always thought the dialogue of the two Alpha's, about how Chad seemed happy living in the dorm's, was fairly convincing. Although it's not conclusive proof, I can't think of another interpretation for the dialogue.
Well, most of what people are discussing is evidence of him taking steroids. We know he is cheating on Sage with someone who wears panties (she found panties as indicated in Episode 1). And it would be a stretch to assume with no reason that Chad is dating a guy who wears panties.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
Yes, but I'm defining bully as someone who harrasses and intimidates others for his own amusement. That's not Chad.
"Your definition" doesn't define the word. Here's the actual definition (which describes Chad). Chad is a bully because he has a low self esteem (as with every bully ever) and needs the "power-thrust" that comes with intimidation. It's not for amusement. It's about power and validation.

bully
[ˈbo͝olē]

NOUN
  1. a person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes