Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Maya does react differently in episode 6 depending on whether she'd already had sex with the MC in episode 5 (or tried in ep3). In ep3 she freaks out and stops the MC before he enters her, and as I recall, in ep 5 she only takes half (or less) of the MC's cock and she's still very nervous. Not much really happens during that scene, it's probably one of the most tame sex scenes in the game, mostly because she's mega nervous.

So when she's talking with Josy in ep6, she says she's still scared of the size, because she probably feels like she's supposed to take it all. If she's never had sex with the MC she's just nervous in a general sense. Plus remember, this is Maya, the queen of drama. :rolleyes:

There are two different outcomes depending on the mc's relationship with Sage. Both are below. The last two messages are relevant, the rest are private so no looking! ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now if the MC had a brain in his head he'd drop by later to see Sage anyway, even when she tells him not to. Doesn't he know anything about women! :rolleyes: Just for god's sake, make sure he's wipes off any of Jill's lipstick or we will know what that screw driver render is all about! :eek:
Does running with Leon any interesting convo or no?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Does running with Leon any interesting convo or no?
Nope, there's nothing extra if you go for the run with Leon, just this quick conversation before you go:

Fuckface: "(All right. My schedule's free until tonight.)"​
Leon: "Fuckface?"​
Fuckface: "Yeah?"​
Leon: "I'm heading out for a run. Wanna join me?"​
Fuckface: "I should..."​
Leon: "Yeah, so join me. You're busting your ass daily. You deserve a break."​

And that's it. No Rooster posts, messages or even Bios additions.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Nope, there's nothing extra if you go for the run with Leon, just this quick conversation before you go:

Fuckface: "(All right. My schedule's free until tonight.)"​
Leon: "Fuckface?"​
Fuckface: "Yeah?"​
Leon: "I'm heading out for a run. Wanna join me?"​
Fuckface: "I should..."​
Leon: "Yeah, so join me. You're busting your ass daily. You deserve a break."​

And that's it. No Rooster posts, messages or even Bios additions.
Yeah, I was excited when I heard that was an option but it turned out to be pretty perfunctory. Might as well have just had the MC fall asleep on his couch if he can't wrangle a Hangout from someone.

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
I told myself that I wasn't going to go back to "clean up" any saves until the game is completed and we know the consequences of every decision. By "clean up", I mean correct any decisions that I made that I don't like or that seem to just be bad. Then I was shocked when I saw the video that Burke had on my DIK path.

I never liked telling the DIKs about Jade. I felt it was a betrayal of trust. I made a save right there, at that decision, just in case. In the end, I decided to tell them because I hadn't done so in any other path and I wanted to try everything. I regret this now.

It's a relatively easy thing to go back and replay the end of chapter 4, all of 5 and 6. I'll keep the original save just in case it ends up being better somehow( I doubt it). Is any one else doing this? Should I redo it now or just wait until the dust settles and we know how every decision pans out?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That said, I agree her actions make more sense if the MC went with Josy in Episode 5, which is a curious decision. I've always felt that, even though I prefer Josy's scene over all, following Maya was an easy call: Josy just got great news and is walking on clouds whereas Maya was feeling alone and vulnerable for obvious reasons. Maya's scenes in Episode 6 make me wonder if DPC expected us to choose Josy's path more often.
from a plot point of view you are right, but for the game the right choice is to go with Josy.

if you are in a relationship with the two girls and you go with Josy you can earn up to 2 RP with her, if you go to Maya you can always earn only one for Josy (or even lose it)

but even if you are not related to the girls, what Josy tells you is more significant (however mean and "wrong") compared to Maya's discourse on the highest systems.

among other things, going with Josy is the only time (besides being the last time Josy and MC talk to each other, I know I'm repetitive) in which the girls ask Mc about how he is after the decision of the chapter 4, the only explicit interest.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
It would seem to me very forced that this would determine the end of the relationship with Sage.

I can understand her being angry, but if this is the turning point in the relationship with her, I find it very unlikely.
Well, at some point we'll have to choose I guess. No, I dont think this will end up anything right now, but I sure it will have consequences in the future. I doubt DPC will make this a harem, at least as far the ending goes, even with M&J tri-relationship I wouldn't be surprised if eventually they've all had to split, DPC did the same with AL so I doubt by the end you can end up with more than just one of the LI. If the Witcher 3 thought me anything is to make my own mind before I screw everything up. Side chicks aside from the main 5 (not sure if Quinn made it as a 6th LI) dont count. I mean the M&J choice is already having an effect rn so I wouldn't be surprised if Sage puts the whole fuck bodies on hold for a while, especially after getting ditched by Chad.

But this is the sort of choices I kind of dislike from DPC. So far as far Isabella choices go, I've been in 2 scenarios where the MC went to library just to help her out of kindness and the MC just end up making out with her there, and in ep6 by asking her help to clean the library room. On both I wished we had a choice to keep things kinetic, but DPC doesnt give that option.

I never liked telling the DIKs about Jade. I felt it was a betrayal of trust. I made a save right there, at that decision, just in case. In the end, I decided to tell them because I hadn't done so in any other path and I wanted to try everything. I regret this now.
I mean, that choice is basically a huge flag if you want to keep having fun with Jade or not, because it was obviously going to leak.

from a plot point of view you are right, but for the game the right choice is to go with Josy.

if you are in a relationship with the two girls and you go with Josy you can earn up to 2 RP with her, if you go to Maya you can always earn only one for Josy (or even lose it)

but even if you are not related to the girls, what Josy tells you is more significant (however mean and "wrong") compared to Maya's discourse on the highest systems.

among other things, going with Josy is the only time (besides being the last time Josy and MC talk to each other, I know I'm repetitive) in which the girls ask Mc about how he is after the decision of the chapter 4, the only explicit interest.
I see what you mean, I've checked both scenes and Josy's is a bit more powerful as far it goes them both having feelings even after choosing to stay friends, especially Maya if you did things with her, on both scenes feels a lil bit more about Maya than Josy. I still chose to go to Maya, I just can't stand Josy and how she was shoved into the story, she basically ruined the previous relationship/romance the MC had going on, and if you give them the boot they both become lame. Actually, those scenes are the reason I've held hope for a solo path after choosing stay friends.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I see what you mean, I've checked both scenes and Josy's is a bit more powerful as far it goes them both having feelings even after choosing to stay friends, especially Maya if you did things with her, on both scenes feels a lil bit more about Maya than Josy. I still chose to go to Maya, I just can't stand Josy and how she was shoved into the story, she basically ruined the previous relationship/romance the MC had going on, and if you give them the boot they both become lame. Actually, those scenes are the reason I've held hope for a solo path after choosing stay friends.

I have decided that we are not allowed to go to Josy in case we are not related to the two girls.

what she says is so wrong to me, I would never want to see her again in the rest of the game. she is cruel to MC and unfair to Maya

generally I don't look at the decisions that lead more or less RP, I try to let myself be carried away by the story, by the moment. for example in the route dedicated to Sage I constantly declare myself even if this always involves a loss of RP

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
It would seem to me very forced that this would determine the end of the relationship with Sage.

I can understand her being angry, but if this is the turning point in the relationship with her, I find it very unlikely.
she was sick and you ditched her to have a date with jill
it should be obvious to her what your priorities are
of course the same goes for jill if you choose to stay with sage

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
she was sick and you ditched her to have a date with jill
it should be obvious to her what your priorities are
of course the same goes for jill if you choose to stay with sage
it is credible that Sage ends every relationship, initially it is enough not to want to teach her to play the guitar to interrupt any sentimental relationship.

for Jill much less, even if we don't go to her picnic I don't think we won't be involved in the matter with Tybalt. absolutely it would be fair to get involved even if there was no romantic relationship between MC and Jill, and the fact of getting involved can leave some doors open.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

Today there are 10,000 patrons supporting the creation of Being a DIK and it's absolutely wonderful seeing how many of you enjoy the game.

Thank you so much for your support! No matter what you pledge, you're helping the game both get made and get better.

I've been working hard on the next episode, but in anticipation of this day, I've started producing something special to celebrate this huge milestone together with you.

Starting today, and then two times per week (Wednesdays/Saturdays, starting next week) until I run out of material to post, I will post wallpapers that I've meticulously created for you.

To start off here's the first wallpaper of Sage. You can find high-resolution versions attached to this post, including full HD, 4k, and 3440x1440, for you ultrawide monitor lovers.
sage_4k.png
sage_UW.png

Enjoy!

Status update

Lately, I've been working on, what feels like, everything at once. The biggest focus has been producing one big free roam event.

The free roam event is close to being completed, but it needs polishing and content in a few more areas.

I've started writing phone conversations and the new phone feels like a nice improvement when it comes to texting.

I've also been working on adding more animations.

I'm starting to get a grasp of how much there's left in terms of animations, and I think that ~200 total seems like a good ballpark number.

159 animations are completed and I have a small queue with a few animations in it. I have a few lewd scenes left to write and pose for.

Currently, 1937 static renders are produced. I can't accurately estimate the progress in this area.

I will spend next week focusing mainly on writing and likely posing static renders.

In poll news, Jill won the special render poll for episode 7 and will get a special render set dedicated to her.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019

Today there are 10,000 patrons supporting the creation of Being a DIK and it's absolutely wonderful seeing how many of you enjoy the game.

Thank you so much for your support! No matter what you pledge, you're helping the game both get made and get better.

I've been working hard on the next episode, but in anticipation of this day, I've started producing something special to celebrate this huge milestone together with you.

Starting today, and then two times per week (Wednesdays/Saturdays, starting next week) until I run out of material to post, I will post wallpapers that I've meticulously created for you.

To start off here's the first wallpaper of Sage. You can find high-resolution versions attached to this post, including full HD, 4k, and 3440x1440, for you ultrawide monitor lovers.
View attachment 986403
View attachment 986404

Enjoy!

Status update

Lately, I've been working on, what feels like, everything at once. The biggest focus has been producing one big free roam event.

The free roam event is close to being completed, but it needs polishing and content in a few more areas.

I've started writing phone conversations and the new phone feels like a nice improvement when it comes to texting.

I've also been working on adding more animations.

I'm starting to get a grasp of how much there's left in terms of animations, and I think that ~200 total seems like a good ballpark number.

159 animations are completed and I have a small queue with a few animations in it. I have a few lewd scenes left to write and pose for.

Currently, 1937 static renders are produced. I can't accurately estimate the progress in this area.

I will spend next week focusing mainly on writing and likely posing static renders.

In poll news, Jill won the special render poll for episode 7 and will get a special render set dedicated to her.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
It's Sage Wallpaper today :love:. Cannot complain on this one :HideThePain:

Last edited:

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
It's already feels like that by the end of January the episode will be finish, these new GPUs are amazing.
There is no way we will have to wait till April. We in the 3 months cycle Era now.

Took him a little more of 2 weeks of work for his big/huge free roam, started around 1st January.
I really doubt that, for a bunch of reasons, the main one being that BaDIK, as much it deserves every praise it gets, its the main cash cow for DPC with patreon money, so I dont see DPC releasing more than 2 episodes per year, maybe 3 if we're lucky and he feels generous. Its more likely he will take the time he got improving other areas of the game like mini-games and the mansion managent, amongst other stuff he might introduce, so I wouldn't hold my hopes up. Trust me, I really would like this to be the case... but it wont be.

rj677

May 30, 2020
sage_4k.png
sage_4k.png

sage_UW.png
sage_UW.png
Firstly, Sage gets the First Preview for Episode 7
Secondly, Sage is the one that is beside the MC on the Christmas Render
And now Thirdly, Sage is the first one to get the Special Wallpaper for the 10K Patreons Celebration

Ladies and Gentlemen, Its Official: Sage is Indeed The Best Girl :love::sneaky:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
And now Thirdly, Sage is the first one to get the Special Wallpaper for the 10K Patreons Celebration

Means she'd probably be the first one to die, too :ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's already feels like that by the end of January the episode will be finish, these new GPUs are amazing.
There is no way we will have to wait till April. We in the 3 months cycle Era now.

Took him a little more of 2 weeks of work for his big/huge free roam, started around 1st January.

I would be very happy if the seventh chapter was released in the first half of March, before I dare not even hope so

DPC is forced to repeat it and repeat it ....:p :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Yuno Gasai

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
As a side note, I was a little taken out of chapter 6 because of some things Maya said. In my play, during chapter 5, I chose to have the MC have sex with her instead of Josy. But a lot of the dialogue with Maya involved her being nervous and skeptical about having sex with a guy for the first time. That was a pretty bad writing error.
I think what ename144 said is fairly accurate, that Maya is still very nervous and uncertain about everything, particularly her feelings for the MC and her sexuality, even if she had sex with him in Ep 5. I'd also add that I felt as though there was this concern about pleasing him from her, as though it wasn't just nerves, but more that she wanted to know how best to please him because she really likes him and wants him to like her by giving him good sex.

So the conversation here feels, to me, quite apt because it's understandable that's she's still quit apprehensive about this new relationship and these new feelings, but it also shows that she seems to want this given that she's keen to know how to please the MC.

I think "right" is a matter of opinion because it depends both on your playthrough and how you perceive the needs of each girl.

What seems "right" to me, for instance is helping both girls because it doesn't seem right to let Josy lug her cases across campus all by herself but it also doesn't feel right to abandon Maya when she's clearly upset at being reminded that she's lost her Dad's love. But, since the game doesn't let us choose both, I feel that Maya's needs are more pressing because it feels like she needs more comfort at that point.

This is is the issue with that decision, because there's some really good dialogue with Josy when you go with her on either path, but it really feels shitty to leave Maya when she's clearly so upset. Some people might not think that because of their opinions of Maya, but this is where I sometimes feel that it would be good if this game didn't just gloss over certain things or move past them without resolution, like the conversation with Josy in Ep 5; if you don't get it here, there should be another moment where you speak to her alone, not based on choice this time, and you get a slightly different yet similar conversation.

I think given where he's at with the number of renders completed (1937), I'd still say we're on for a March release. Ep 6 had over 3000 renders so I'd suspect Ep 7 to have more than that, and even with such a quick pace so far, I reckon that we may see them complete all renders some time in February, then comes the coding, and probably 2 weeks set aside for the beta testers, so March seems most likely.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I really doubt that, for a bunch of reasons, the main one being that BaDIK, as much it deserves every praise it gets, its the main cash cow for DPC with patreon money, so I dont see DPC releasing more than 2 episodes per year, maybe 3 if we're lucky and he feels generous. Its more likely he will take the time he got improving other areas of the game like mini-games and the mansion managent, amongst other stuff he might introduce, so I wouldn't hold my hopes up. Trust me, I really would like this to be the case... but it wont be.
Alternatively he could come out with a new game once this is finished, just like he started working on this game before AL was done. There are plenty of unscrupulous game developers on Patreon, however DPC hasn't shown himself to be one yet, so why speak about him as though he has?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes