Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Damn son. I never even considered the miscarriage/losing a baby angle. Yeah, thats the sort of thing that'll fuck up a woman for years. I like this theory.
Personally, I think there are a few things that don't quite add up with this theory being the sole reason.

For starters, there's Bella saying to herself in Ep 3, "Please, James... Forgive me". Now, could she blame herself for a miscarriage and this is what she's asking forgiveness for? Sure, however, this line is preceded by the lines, "They aren't intimate with friends either... // But that...that was different." When taken together it sounds like Bella is asking forgiveness for doing something "intimate" with a friend that drove James away. Some people might think that "friends" refers to either Jade and Stephen or the MC, but we know that Bella didn't accept Burke's offer for the threesome with him and Jade, so that rules them out as possible "friends", and at this point I would say that she doesn't yet consider the MC as a "friend" either so that probably rules him out too. Plus, her saying, "that was different" makes it sound like it was some time ago and is not something she did recently.

Secondly, when you stay with Bella in Ep 4 and take things further in the pool, she then says of James, "I have forgiven him..." So now it would seem James also did something that Bella forgives him for and again those thoughts are brought about because of how it links to her being intimate with someone else. Prior to that, she also thinks to herself, "Would he blame me if I did this? // After all this time?" This likely relates to her need for intimacy having been absent it for so long, also the implication of her wondering if he'd blame her makes it feel like he was guilty of doing something similar and thus shouldn't blame Bella for doing the same, lest he be a hypocrite.

Then there's the whole Jill/Bella thing in Ep 5 that possibly indicates something happened between them, and Bella in Ep 2 after kissing the MC, says to herself, "How long has it been since a man did this to me? // Three years?", which would seem to very clearly indicate that she hasn't felt such desire towards anyone, at least "a man", for 3 years. Now, if she had had a miscarriage 3 years ago, she may have lost her desire for sex which would explain this line, but equally she could have lost her desire if James cheated on her 3 years ago, and although she still wants him back, she didn't feel much desire towards him after that because of the betrayal.

Maybe the cheating and miscarriage theories are separate things, or maybe they could be one and the same; Bella had a miscarrriage, James had an affair as a way to escape his feelings, they tried to work things out, Bella also cheated on James briefly, and then they separated. But, I'm not so convinced that it would just be miscarriage on its own especially given the several hints towards infidelity.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well , it could also mean like she had a miscarriage and had a fight with her husband or her husband just left the house for some time{which turned into weeks} so that he could take his mind off from this thing which is obviously hard to do and Bella doing these kind of things with mc might make her feel that she is betraying her husband
surely the miscarriage could have created some distance between the two. and one of the two (more James than Bella) may have fallen into temptation
but I believe that the solution will be more simply linked to "trivial" betrayals

Reactions: johndoe19
D

Deleted member 3181120

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers
I would like to review this game, but the Anonfiles link says it is a zip of 11 GB but when I click it, it downloads an exe of 2MB.
This is concerning.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Maybe the cheating and miscarriage theories are separate things, or maybe they could be one and the same; Bella had a miscarrriage, James had an affair as a way to escape his feelings, they tried to work things out, Bella also cheated on James briefly, and then they separated. But, I'm not so convinced that it would just be miscarriage on its own especially given the several hints towards infidelity.
Yeah, this is where I'm at right now. The loss of child or miscarriage, if that theory pans out, would be the catalyst for James and Bella hurting each other either by cheating or whatever, and that culiminated in James leaving. Its not a one or the other situation. Its a whole sequence of events that started with X, with X maybe being the miscarriage/child loss.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah, this is where I'm at right now. The loss of child or miscarriage, if that theory pans out, would be the catalyst for James and Bella hurting each other either by cheating or whatever, and that culiminated in James leaving. Its not a one or the other situation. Its a whole sequence of events that started with X, with X maybe being the miscarriage/child loss.
sometimes the birth of a child is enough to create that sexual distance between husband and wife that leads to betrayal

an abortion would have an even stronger and deeper effect

Dr Krieger

Jun 28, 2017
I don't know guys. Maybe it is part of the story, but the room is not a nursery. Bella's husband is a soldier and maybe missing in action??? How do I know this. Let's look at the "vision" we had at Bella's house.
soldier.png
This is the outfit that DPC used to create the hallucination in ep 2. Sure we were drunk but let's look under that locked door.
boots.png
These are the same boots. So what we know is that the room contains a military outfit (or a hanged dead guy in his military boots).

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
sometimes the birth of a child is enough to create that sexual distance between husband and wife that leads to betrayal

an abortion would have an even stronger and deeper effect
Hrmmm. I think an abortion might be TOO dark for DPC to throw in here. (Death of a child and miscarriage is dark, yeah. But abortion comes with a whole slew of baggage the other two don't.)

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
I'm a proponent of the theory that the big trauma was Bella losing/miscarrying a baby (these things break up families and can cause Bella to shy away from sex). That Bella and James blame each other for it to a certain extent. He left. The locked room is a child's nursery that was never (or only briefly) used. Hints of roving eyes or hearts are ancillary and not traumatic enough for the words used in the library scene nor to cause Bella to stop smiling for 3 years.

As a big Bella fan in for the long haul, I even described it in "Coldplay." :LOL:
View attachment 999110
See this one actually makes a lot of sense. It'd explain the massive hints of unstable behaviour on Bella's part. I like it. Never occurred to me that it could've been a miscarriage.

It also would explain Jill's adamant refusal to divulge even a little bit about the matter, since that kind of trauma is the worst kind and she not wanting you to bring it up with Bella makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: Tumai and Darkmetal

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I don't know guys. Maybe it is part of the story, but the room is not a nursery. Bella's husband is a soldier and maybe missing in action??? How do I know this. Let's look at the "vision" we had at Bella's house.
View attachment 999335
This is the outfit that DPC used to create the hallucination in ep 2. Sure we were drunk but let's look under that locked door.
View attachment 999339
These are the same boots. So what we know is that the room contains a military outfit (or a hanged dead guy in his military boots).
Or a certain husband of a certain teacher who's stalking Bella who just happens to be dressing as a soldier for some reason (maybe the asset was on 80% sale at the time DPC was creating the scenes.)

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Now if a husband left his wife because she miscarried, he can just fuck off and die.
Not to diverge from BaDIK themes here, but miscarriages are hard on fathers too. Death of a child, even unborn, causes married people to look at each other and think only about what they lost. It's totally not right to leave your wife if that happened, but if after that, if both sides cheated and came to a point where they can't even look at each other?...

Life is not fair after all. Obviously we will see with this story where it goes, but in real life, I advise not to view child-death related things as mother only. An old friend of mine recently tried to kill himself after he and his wife lost the child due to Covid related third trimester problems. Fathers are not simple emotionless fuck machines.

Now, to steer away from that topic, I gotta say, the miscarriage and subsequent emotional breakdown of Bella seems the most plausible theory so far. It's the only theory that also explains Jill's unwillingness to speak without making her look like an idiot.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
To lighten the mood here. Favorite tunes from the game. The entire playlist so far (161 tunes) is here: .

What are ya'll favourite songs/tunes?

For some reason the music when they first enter the strip joint does it for me (might have something to do with meeting Nicole for the first time :sneaky:):
And if I'm looking for something a little more melancholy, the instrumental after tennis with Jill always does the trick:

Last edited:

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
To lighten the mood here. Favorite tunes from the game. The entire playlist so far (161 tunes) is here: .

What are ya'll favourite songs/tunes?

For some reason the music when they first enter the strip joint does it for me (might have something to do with meeting Nicole for the first time :sneaky:):

And if I'm looking for something a little more melancholy, the instrumental after tennis with Jill always does the trick:

This one for me, only used briefly when listening to Riona's music, wish it'd show up somewhere else as well.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes