Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
You made the initial accusation that Sage is the worst President ever, the burden of proof is on you. You also contradicted your own accusation by providing three examples of Sage working for the HOT's, how many examples do you need?
Can't help but laugh at the irony here after seeing felice's habit of dismissing theories because they lack explicit hard proof. :p

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You made the initial accusation that Sage is the worst President ever, the burden of proof is on you. You also contradicted your own accusation by providing three examples of Sage working for the HOT's, how many examples do you need? The game isn't about Sage's leadership. There are three examples you yourself have pointed out.

And if some of the HOT's are disloyal bitches, that's no moral reflection on Sage but on those HOT's.

Also, Sage isn't an all knowing or all seeing God, nor is any leader.
we obviously have a very different idea of what a good boss is

it's not some HOTs, it's almost all, except maybe Elena and Arieth (which I don't know how much it counts as loyalty)

Quinn and Riona are a parallel state
both the girls involved in the restaurant and the drug ring act behind Sage's back.
Melanie and Sara, we don't really know with what intentions, they maneuver Chad
Heather criticizes her openly

on one of three occasions when he "works for the HOTs" completely wrongly trusts Quinn, she gives her a command that is not respected. in practice, the HOTs under her recent management have ruined relations with the Jocks and the Diks and will hardly go back to the Preps

will Sage have any responsibilities in this situation?

humanly Sage has all the excuses we want, but her work as president is lacking for me

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Can't help but laugh at the irony here after seeing felice's habit of dismissing theories because they lack explicit hard proof. :p
laughing is good for your health.

this is not a theory ...
it is a personal judgment about a character, indeed an aspect of a character.

it escapes me how the fact that Sage is seen three times working for the HOTs makes her unequivocally a good president. I didn't say she doesn't do anything for them ..

Sage checks the Hots' accounts but then eventually believes the fairy tales Quinn tells her, like when they agree to go to the Preps.

when she gives an order to Quinn, she does not obey her and therefore the relations with a fraternity are ruined

two times out of three in practice in the end she does not make a great impression

Reactions: Real Kreten

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
we obviously have a very different idea of what a good boss is

it's not some HOTs, it's almost all, except maybe Elena and Arieth (which I don't know how much it counts as loyalty)

Quinn and Riona are a parallel state
both the girls involved in the restaurant and the drug ring act behind Sage's back.
Melanie and Sara, we don't really know with what intentions, they maneuver Chad
Heather criticizes her openly

on one of three occasions when he "works for the HOTs" completely wrongly trusts Quinn, she gives her a command that is not respected. in practice, the HOTs under her recent management have ruined relations with the Jocks and the Diks and will hardly go back to the Preps

will Sage have any responsibilities in this situation?

humanly Sage has all the excuses we want, but her work as president is lacking for me
In this reply you are just offering the same weak arguments that you made before. So no, you can't offer proof that Sage is the worst President ever.

In rebuttal, Sage is seen in game getting up very early to do her work as President, and in the conversation during that scene it is implied that she does so often.

In the scene following, in the kitchen, we see Sage acting as a leader.

We also see Sage skipping parties to handle HOT business.

And in answer to any ideas about how the HOT's feel about Sage, in ep6 we see several of the HOT's rally around Sage in the lunch room.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
laughing is good for your health.

this is not a theory ...
it is a personal judgment about a character, indeed an aspect of a character.

it escapes me how the fact that Sage is seen three times working for the HOTs makes her unequivocally a good president. I didn't say she doesn't do anything for them ..

Sage checks the Hots' accounts but then eventually believes the fairy tales Quinn tells her, like when they agree to go to the Preps.

when she gives an order to Quinn, she does not obey her and therefore the relations with a fraternity are ruined

two times out of three in practice in the end she does not make a great impression
You keep on making posts. And yet you still have nothing to back up your statement.

All you have done is provide examples of elements within the HOTs that have undermined Sage, or whose actions have the side effect of undermining Sage. You have yet to provide a single credible example of something Sage has done, that shows she is a bad leader and is not fulfilling her duties.

Reactions: Johnyboie

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
If you compare her to other HOT's, it seems she's the one who has her head on the straightest. That conversation her and MC had in the Library while she was studying for her dissertation when she said "Don't go full one way or the other, find a medium" pretty much explains her motives. While all the other HOT's seem solely busy with Sorority life, Sage is balancing Sorority life with classwork.
its actually the other way around! is not it weird that we can only account for 3 HOT´s over the 2nd year? you got Arieth who as been there for 8 years give or take... and then heather and Sage everyone else is Quinn or lower age/year!

there´s is a biological reason for that! The HOT life is having fun and finding a reliable husband they are not there to graduate they are there for the wedding ring! That explains why Sage got to be president of the HOT`s, since its a history thing we can always assume they party with the JOCK`s to marry a sportive dude who can make a lot of money playing sports while providing for attractive children! If that fails there´s always some smart computer engineers who will hit millionaire status, and failing that you always got the inbreeds, you´re children won´t be attractive (triple AAA) or smart (Triple BBB) be at least you will have a comfortable life(ANU)!

So Sage graduating and/or Heather dating Tommy means they totally failed with the spirit of the HOT`s which is fuck out of your organism the slut, find a dude with the characteristics you desire and then get the wedding ring if that fails get pregnant by the top dog and then marry the best possible option you got! (that is what i assume Lynette did she got played by Stephen Burke and her only option left was a tradesman, yeap in my version Tyablt if you older brother and Stephen is your daddy, handle that bitches)

why Sage and Heather failed at it? Cause they are both rich girls they do not feel the pressure of finding someone with money or the potential to make a lot of money! That is also the reason why i find Elena and JB relation weird but either that is the itch that Elena has to scratch or he is loaded! The same can be said about Tommy either that is an itch that heather wants to scratch or the trust fund that Tommy father left him is bigger then it looks, his father after finding his life meaning at the bottom of the bottle got inside a car and drove straight trough a tree... guess it did not work! Trust me girls will fuck you if you´re attractive but they won`t marry you if you can`t make the cash!

That explains why Sage became the HOT president so young, they run fast circles and tend to stay around 2 to 3 years until they marry or get pregnant, so the´re was less competition since most girls prefer to evaluate their odd´s on their heads on which is better a basketball player or a computer engineer sciences major... When she landed Chad the position was secured, while Chad dating Sage secured him the position of triple AAA president!

and yes the Burke are new money for sure, Stephen being happy for another kill in the stock market says he had a long road behind him before he achieved the financial security! only other option is the happiness of the proof of concept of something you created (because we all know he can`t live vicariously trough his son, that is more like a nightmare)! even tough they could claim a relationship to the great English parliamentarian Edmund Burke (the father of the modern conservative political movement) it would always be trough a younger Irish brother so... even if claimed it would not mean much!

as for the tri bettas behind the dik house trashing i don`t believe it but one of the advantages of not having an HQ is that you are not limited in space into how many people can call themselves tri betas, their house is the library even if just 10% of those who use the library are tri-betas that would make them 10 times bigger than the average fraternity!

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
but DPC gave a happy ending to Ana who was the cheating ex-girlfriend and blackmailer ...
Ana wasn't actively being massively criminal. Quinn IS that. Sure, she's not a psychotic nurse /serial killer. But she has too much on her ledger for her to have a justifiably any sort of happy ending. A bittersweet one where she gets partial redemption is about the only route.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
You keep on making posts. And yet you still have nothing to back up your statement.

All you have done is provide examples of elements within the HOTs that have undermined Sage, or whose actions have the side effect of undermining Sage. You have yet to provide a single credible example of something Sage has done, that shows she is a bad leader and is not fulfilling her duties.
But those are exactly the reasons why she is a poor leader. At least two years after all started, she's still unaware (or that it seems) of the real business the sorority she presides has been running on the side. And the girls are not exactly shy about it. A leader so easy to undermine is not a good leader. If you can't control your own group, it's obvious to me that you are not suited for the job - you are still there because someone else feels it's convenient for them and you'd be out as soon as they wish you out. The sorority she presides is not on her hands, quite the opposite: not only she's not making the calls but she's tricked too into shady deals that only benefit a certain someone - and she still doesn't see it. When everything goes down, she'll go down with it at least due to her lack of attention and supervision, if not indirect cooperation. If this is a good leader for you, we definitely have different concepts of what a good leader is.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
But those are exactly the reasons why she is a poor leader. At least two years after all started, she's still unaware (or that it seems) of the real business the sorority she presides has been running on the side. And the girls are not exactly shy about it. A leader so easy to undermine is not a good leader. If you can't control your own group, it's obvious to me that you are not suited for the job - you are still there because someone else feels it's convenient for them and you'd be out as soon as they wish you out. The sorority she presides is not on her hands, quite the opposite: not only she's not making the calls but she's tricked too into shady deals that only benefit a certain someone - and she still doesn't see it. When everything goes down, she'll go down with it at least due to her lack of attention and supervision, if not indirect cooperation. If this is a good leader for you, we definitely have different concepts of what a good leader is.
Its a hidden element within the HOTs. That has remained hidden. What sort of dumb logic is it that Sage is a poor leader because she has not rooted out a prostitution conspiracy that she has no evidence for and has been actively hiding itself from her? Is she magic? Is she supposed to have telepathy? Maybe God speaks to her and informs her of Quinn's shady activities?

Even the greatest most perfect leader won't take action against something he/she has no information of. Even they can be manipulated by someone they trust. Seriously. What is this nonsense logic.

That said. If Sage doesn't go after Maya, and press her on what the fuck her blow up was about, THEN thats a point to her being a poor leader.

Reactions: Meushi

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
An obvious nod to Sage's obliviousness when it comes to Quinn's "activities".
You know, as I look at that quote, I'm wondering if what it means is that Sage does know that Quinn is up to some shady stuff but she's deliberately keeping herself out of the loop for "plausible deniability" if the shit ever hits the fan.

To break that line down a bit, she says, "There's a lot of things you don't see", which sound like she might be talking about herself and how she wasn't aware of what exactly Quinn was doing to finance the HOTs, and then when she says, "until you start looking for them", it almost sounds as though she did look in to Quinn was doing and found out or at least got a sense of what it was, but then didn't go further and just let it carry on whilst feigning ignorance.

I'm really hoping that DPC makes Quinn a main LI relatively soon.
She won't be. She's always been marked as a side girl and won't be elevated to main LI status. A key indicator of that is that all main LIs have their own RP (Relationship Points) and side girls do not, which means you can't build any points with Quinn.

If anything, Quinn may have an ending if you don't end up with any of the main LIs but did do enough to be on good terms with her and hit certain flags in the code.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
I'm really hoping that DPC makes Quinn a main LI relatively soon. With the buildup of hers and MC's playful relationship since the beginning, and into the emotionally supportive, caring relationship that we saw in "Damage Control" I do see them as becoming way closer than they are now.
I dunno, like I said I know a lot of you are anti-Quinn but I'm hoping for more Quinn.
Quinn won't become a LI but that doesn't mean she won't get plenty of content, a significant role in the story and an ending or 2.
Quinn seems to be more integral than any non-LI in other games I've played. Her character and the story surrounding her seems to be fairly significant.
Quinn is indeed not currently a LI as defined by the games mechanics, but she doesn't need to be - she is already, by far, the 2nd most important character in the game after the MC.

DPC's writing style is to use a catalyst character to drive much of the plot forward. In BaDIK this is Quinn.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Right now, any LI can be taken out of the story as easily as Katherine Heigl was from Grey's. To much gnashing of teeth from their fans to be sure, but from a plot perspective only a sub-plot is lost. Not so Quinn.

Take C.5 for example. Render count wise, Quinn only had a cameo, However, the DIK party going sour, storming to the Jocks and then the Preps, leaving the mansion unattended to get thrashed. This all stems from Quinn's decision to maneuver the HOTs to the Preps and then not tell the DIKs about it. Remove one of the LIs from C.5 means trashing a couple hundred renders (depending on the LI) but the main plot would still be coherent. Remove Quinn and there is no C.5 at all.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
You know, as I look at that quote, I'm wondering if what it means is that Sage does know that Quinn is up to some shady stuff but she's deliberately keeping herself out of the loop for "plausible deniability" if the shit ever hits the fan.

To break that line down a bit, she says, "There's a lot of things you don't see", which sound like she might be talking about herself and how she wasn't aware of what exactly Quinn was doing to finance the HOTs, and then when she says, "until you start looking for them", it almost sounds as though she did look in to Quinn was doing and found out or at least got a sense of what it was, but then didn't go further and just let it carry on whilst feigning ignorance.

She won't be. She's always been marked as a side girl and won't be elevated to main LI status. A key indicator of that is that all main LIs have their own RP (Relationship Points) and side girls do not, which means you can't build any points with Quinn.

If anything, Quinn may have an ending if you don't end up with any of the main LIs but did do enough to be on good terms with her and hit certain flags in the code.
That quote could just as easily apply to her problems with her boyfriend Chad.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
but its a duality of
Quinn is indeed not currently a LI as defined by the games mechanics, but she doesn't need to be - she is already, by far, the 2nd most important character in the game after the MC.

DPC's writing style is to use a catalyst character to drive much of the plot forward. In BaDIK this is Quinn.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Right now, any LI can be taken out of the story as easily as Katherine Heigl was from Grey's. To much gnashing of teeth from their fans to be sure, but from a plot perspective only a sub-plot is lost. Not so Quinn.

Take C.5 for example. Render count wise, Quinn only had a cameo, However, the DIK party going sour, storming to the Jocks and then the Preps, leaving the mansion unattended to get thrashed. This all stems from Quinn's decision to maneuver the HOTs to the Preps and then not tell the DIKs about it. Remove one of the LIs from C.5 means trashing a couple hundred renders (depending on the LI) but the main plot would still be coherent. Remove Quinn and there is no C.5 at all.
but its a duality of Quinn and Maya! Maya takes you to the HOTs and it´s always about those 2 and their "antics" driving the plot forward! once they stopped interacting the plot stopped and only restarted after Maya and Quinn where in the same room! when they do their own thing drama properly is kind of stumped yeah Quinn being attacked by a junkie is not really a plot twist its a fact of life for those who live in that world and are not strong enough!

but had Quinn be a dude in that situation the plot twist would be he would get stabbed cause junkies and their one track mind... she being a girl meant the force used to achieve the one track objective does not turn into a tragedy/plot twist! why do you think dealers use children to get around? the blow back is minor! if this "modern" society had any morals anyone who uses children for whatever reason would be sentenced to death, the moral imperative of kant is true to any human being but so much more for children!

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
That quote could just as easily apply to her problems with her boyfriend Chad.
I'm not so sure about that because there's a certain resignation in her body language with the way she has her head down, and if the implication of that line is that she knows about something that's going on but chooses to ignore it, then that body language could be a sign that she's resigned herself to just accepting it. With Chad at this point, she still hasn't fully resigned herself to letting him go and it certainly doesn't seem like she knows anything that's going on with him, hence why she enlists the MC to help her.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I'm not so sure about that because there's a certain resignation in her body language with the way she has her head down, and if the implication of that line is that she knows about something that's going on but chooses to ignore it, then that body language could be a sign that she's resigned herself to just accepting it. With Chad at this point, she still hasn't fully resigned herself to letting him go and it certainly doesn't seem like she knows anything that's going on with him, hence why she enlists the MC to help her.
I think that's reading a lot into it. The scene could easily represent Sage's growing certainty that she's loosing Chad and her dejection over loosing the one person that she's close too, given her relationship with her family.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Or it could represent her frustration with the MC's whiney attitude to his initiation into the DIK's, which in the context of the scene that the line appears in seems likely.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes