goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
Yeah I wouldn't take the DnG part seriously at all
I take DnG extra seriously. I really want an entire episode dedicated to a campaign of it with all the main and side characters playing. It'd probably kill DPC having to make all the renders but I love those scenes so much.

For a person who claims to be not interested in Maya, you invest a lot of time talking about Maya, i`m just saying.:WeSmart:
My secret crush revealed :BootyTime: I've said it before but I really liked Maya to begin with, like most people it seems... maybe redemption arc when she joins the HOTs and takes a page from Derek's book about having some actual fun.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
1. DPC has only made one other game before this. Why would he want to tell the same story over again? That would be redundant and illogical.
2. Josy made a ballsy move trying to slay the Ice Queen, only to get slaughtered. I don't really see how a death in an imaginary game foreshadows anything.
3. The whole game is a specific story. About the few days leading up to and the attending of his first couple semesters of B&R. If anything tragic is going to happen, it wouldn't happen to Josy or Maya. I doubt it would happen to any of the main girls and if it did, it would be avoidable unless he really is stupid enough to make players choose between 2 main girls again, which I highly suspect he isn't.
Actually it would be funny if her death foreshadowed the opposite. She is the only one of the group to survive to the end of the story. Everyone else will die via Final Destination accidents.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
after they cuck you and kiss in front of you i was hoping that subplot would be dropped but nope. now mc is getting dragged into a conflict with mayas fucking dad. who cares!

we could be playing the guitar with sage or helping jill with her concert
Just gotta play it super polite with Maya's dad and if Maya comes asking for money kick her to the curb.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Because Lynnete's writing style gives many notable examples of being from the Colonial French descended Louisiana upper class, or having a Cajun Acadian dialect as opposed to the standard American dialect of the more Anglo-American-assimilated Acadians who immigrated to New England. It makes so much more sense for her to have traveled over one thousand miles northeast to Connecticut with Neil than only, say, two hundred miles southwest. Right... :sneaky:
the images of the hotel they are renovating are of a colonial mansion probably a former plantation owner house! also the vegetation is reminiscent of southern black belt of the united states the same way as most of the architecture and vegetation in the regular story is the north east coast!

although in your defense! the original 1st scenes we see Lynette in are the same as the Royce country house climate and vegetation wise!

So in my theory that Lynette´s family was going bankrupt and they sold everything to renovate their old family estate your story makes sense! Rich Louisianan family moves to the east coast goes bankrupt and gets back home to try and change their luck!
Also Maya is preventing me from getting tanned midget sex and I don't take kindly to that.
you got a point there! but Patrick seems an OK dude! reminds me of Neil!

he just happens to have a problem with his daughter being gay!

does not translate to being homophobic per se!

he can be ok with gays as long as its not his ass or his kids...

1. DPC has only made one other game before this. Why would he want to tell the same story over again? That would be redundant and illogical.
2. Josy made a ballsy move trying to slay the Ice Queen, only to get slaughtered. I don't really see how a death in an imaginary game foreshadows anything.
3. The whole game is a specific story. About the few days leading up to and the attending of his first couple semesters of B&R. If anything tragic is going to happen, it wouldn't happen to Josy or Maya. I doubt it would happen to any of the main girls and if it did, it would be avoidable unless he really is stupid enough to make players choose between 2 main girls again, which I highly suspect he isn't.
1. agree! but authors always dwindle roughly around the same subjects! such a throuple or a weird/kwerky best friend/wing man and let us hope it sticks to just that! but Bella does hint at another subject of mental instability...

2. Josy makes plenty of ballsy moves and from the gang that was fighting the ice queen only one she is not close to yet is Sally!
Also when you betray everyone her smile is magnificent unlike all the other butthurt girls so... it can be foreshadowing of the worst kind trying to help Jill containing Bella and dragging Sally and Maya into the troubles!

3. sadly Quinn seems to have been set up to suffer some kind of terrible fate to serve as an emotional cathalist ... although lately it seems her fate as been changed and it might befall Rhyona... DPC said he loved Quinn and he changed her... what chances are those changes include her story arc of redemption by suffering the brunt and being responsible for whatever happens to Rhyona?

Also why so many people wanna change Quinn? she needs to get off the illegal shit not change, she is already perfect!
Besides the illegal stuff is part of her sub culture and it will require love or something strong to change her views of the world!
Furthermore if her illegal shit is to help Rox her father as Buddy seems to hint at ...
its a sign of love to sacrifice yourself for a loved one, even if its in a fucked up way!

Just throwing my 2 cents in about Josy dying in DnG.
I think DPC was just laughing at GoT with Arya killing the night king
and yet the Jon snow of the story breaks the night kings curse and then makes love to him? that just seems gay...

For a person who claims to be not interested in Maya, you invest a lot of time talking about Maya, i`m just saying.:WeSmart:
herm we already had 2 rim jobs with Maya and only an assplay with Josy... Maya will return harder then Josy with anal... meanwhile Josy is carving into Maya territory with all the emotional bonding around without the need for just sex!

at ep.4/5 Maya was the emotional growth path and Josy was the sexual growth path but they are both becoming more balanced as characters we can attach ourselfs to and that we can fuck!

Last edited:
Reactions: goldenrule91

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Until the fifth chapter I was convinced that the solo routes didn't make sense at all, both because it was too early (and this is still true now) and because in the story it was "normal" for Mc to have different relationships and experiences.

but I'm changing my mind and not because the two previous reasons are no longer valid, but the story makes much more sense if MC behaves in a 'faithful' way.

the whole rebound boyfriend thing with Sage only makes sense if Sage is "his great love", otherwise why would he give up sex with her? when apparently being her fuck buddy has worked out well for him so far

Jill's story even more than the others, an MC who is interested in other girls would have neither the time nor the desire to keep up with the little princess' dreams, he would choose 99 times out of 100 to "not fight for her" (what a strange scene...). hers is a particular story (which i can also accept) that lived together with the others becomes quite indigestible
That's more or less how I felt back in Chapter 4. After going through all that drama there was no way in Hell I was going to take the three-way relationship lightly. Strings or no, my MC is only pursuing the two of them. (Granted, I like Maya and Josy, so it was easy for me to buy into trying for something more.)

From there, it was pretty easy to make a solo Jill route too, since it feels downright knavish to romance her openly while ploughing the field; admittedly, this was before we realized she probably thinks babies are delivered by stork, so perhaps I'd be less forgiving now. Bella would have gotten a solo path too, if I could stomach the MC's borderline harassment of her.

Sage was the only one who made sense as part of a multi-girl run, given her personality and the way their relationship started. Even then I figured I'd make a solo run for her if she ever broke up with Chad and became available, so she'll probably get one soon.

I have other runs that fool around more, but they feel very much like alternate history to me. The game takes the relationships with the main girls too seriously for me to feel comfortable taking them for granted.

tbh, I can't wait to see the well earned Josy-Maya birthday gift... and the "walk of shame" where they both give the middle finger to their (step)brothers. :sneaky:
I keep hoping the MC will tell the DIKs to knock that shit off, but it never happens. Sadly, I suspect it will only end when Jill is subjected to it and the MC will have the chance to prove he isn't afraid to be himself and defend Jill's honor. So yeah, I think I'm going to be stuck with it for a while.

I feel like a big revelation is waiting for MC at the end of Lynette's diary. I can feel it.
Lynette was Neil's sled all along?!? Mind. Blown.

just mod it or change it in console, I did that especially for that. I have 4 saves with different routes here and there but for some reason in all 4 of them I accepted Cathys offer. I mean who the hell would expect that to have so much consequences? I dont know but that move from Bella kind of makes no sense at all. Its way to final and way too sudden. And just because of some panties? Maybe u can even go back on her path in epsiode 8 or so, but the way she made it sound its final...
Playing it all over again because of that is a not acceptable. But the game is fun and if u havent played the earlier episodes for a long time it might be worth it.
Or just go back and play the game in a way that you feel comfortable defending.

One of the things I noticed about Where The Heart Is is that the devs always say there won't be any harem endings and eventually a cheating MC will crash and burn, but despite being 20 episodes in they still leave a way for the player to wriggle off the hook. I take the devs of that game at their word that it will eventually end badly, but I think they would save themselves a lot of grief if they had forced the player to face a few (minor) consequences for cheating early in the game.

In my view, Cathy's telltale panties serve that function here. While it seems arbitrary, it is a plausible outcome for the situation and proves that you can't always talk your way out of a situation. Better to learn that now than much later on.

The scene does play. Had the time to try that just a few minutes ago. The girls don't recognize, but the rest of the scene plays normally. Shame
I tested this myself with an MC that had avoided Josy and Sage until Episode 7; neither mentioned the MC's name during the interruption. The scene in the bathroom only triggered when the MC had pursued Sage at the party. Perhaps it's different with DIK affinity, but as a CHICK Jill and Josy had a short conversation in the hall, then the game cut away.

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
Do you think there will be an option to bang Heather in the next episode? I think there is enough set up for that
Ye definitely, if you told her about Tommy and boozed that bitch up like I did. Might be other chances in future episodes too, maybe when she's drunk or she gets permission to bang you from Tommy if you're on his good side or something.

Heather's kind of interesting. Been there from the very start, hot af but unavailable because of her one-sided loyalty to Tommy. She has a few lewd moments with the MC depending on your affinity though she labels him a pervert and needs to warm up to him over a long period of time. I can't figure out whether she actually really loves Tommy or whether she's just loyal in general, we don't really know how much she takes advantage of the open relationship on her side. Either way, her model is 10/10 and I'm coming for that booty but it'd be nice to get to know her like we do with Riona.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Don't worry. DPC has setup Josy for a tragic end.

1) He won't allow a throuple ending. See: AL
2) Josy always dies in Ep. 6 DnG. Foreboding doom?
3) The very first render in this game is MC's recollection of Josy. MC/narrator wouldn't tell a story like that without some tragedy befalling her (i.e., if you just get off her path and that's all there is to say, then why would MC/narrator start his story with her?).
DPC has firmly written that AL will not be like that. DPC "When the acting class was over, I went in a completely different direction with DIK."

No, no premonition. I even assume that Josy has more than just one ending. Josy will be accompanied by the MC for a long time, even if they are on the DIK path.

Narrators often start with a person without it becoming a drama. But there could be a bad ending for Josie.:unsure:

DnG
End 4: Everyone else dies, but you become the Ice King next to the Ice Queen and rule forever. (This ending brings you the DnG Bella Lewd scene.):unsure:

If you remember the Bella scene with the MC in the library, you could speculate that the MC is on the Bella Path and Josy and the MC are getting back together. Bella freaks out and so on.:unsure:

Last edited:

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Because Lynnete's writing style gives many notable examples of being from the Colonial French descended Louisiana upper class, or having a Cajun Acadian dialect as opposed to the standard American dialect of the more Anglo-American-assimilated Acadians who immigrated to New England. It makes so much more sense for her to have traveled over one thousand miles northeast to Connecticut with Neil than only, say, two hundred miles southwest. Right... :sneaky:
Not understanding.png

I was simply pointing out the absurdity of you geographically eliminating a region of the U.S. as a setting for a completely fictional location and story, based on criteria that actually exists in that region.

But your biggest mistake was debating ludicrous analyses with Warscared.:p Trust me when I say you likely do not have the stamina for it, and hence are way out of your league.

Lokman00

Dec 31, 2018
Finally finished the episode and the ending was perfect with that song choice. Felt like I was watching a season finale. I have to say this game really knows how take some small choices I made in the past and give them major consequences that make me have mixed feelings of joy and regret. I have to admit that this episode made me like Sage more than I already did which was a lot. Quinn is definitely up there as well once she opens up to you. Sucks that I have to be a complete DIK to get more of her instead of being naturally neutral.

I still wonder what Derek texted Ashley that made her give him a second chance? Are they like the next John Boy and Elena?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Finally finished the episode and the ending was perfect with that song choice. Felt like I was watching a season finale. I have to say this game really knows how take some small choices I made in the past and give them major consequences that make me have mixed feelings of joy and regret. I have to admit that this episode made me like Sage more than I already did which was a lot. Quinn is definitely up there as well once she opens up to you. Sucks that I have to be a complete DIK to get more of her instead of being naturally neutral.

I still wonder what Derek texted Ashley that made her give him a second chance? Are they like the next John Boy and Elena?
Yea, Pink has always been great with the episodic releases. Say what you like about the characters or writing, but the planning for the developmental cycle is always impeccable and this is the kind of consistency that is sorely lacking with most devs in the scene.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes