shinkei

Jun 18, 2018
The way I see it is that DPC is just giving you the full college experience. If you started Uni when MC did, you will finish you doctorate at by the time MC finishes his own college adventures :WeSmart:

• Sad
Reactions: Casmyr

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
I'm pretty sure that even if DPC agreed to expand his team this wouldn't reduce the time between episodes significantly.

He would improve the game, redo some parts he's not so sure about, develop some ideas that he's left aside at the moment...
That and bigger chapters. Which is exactly what he did when he upgraded his hardware.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I really wish he'd stop being greedy and buying shares in the rotten rish market in Sweden and make a small team.
A small team would allow him to still oversee quality and etc.

Or even small episodes like 3k renders.
I don't think DPC is greedy. I rather think that he does not want to or cannot share the development. BaDIK is his baby and he doesn't want anyone else to lay a hand on his baby.
I'm pretty sure that even if DPC agreed to expand his team this wouldn't reduce the time between episodes significantly.

He would improve the game, redo some parts he's not so sure about, develop some ideas that he's left aside at the moment...
Be careful what you wish for.

This game is a labor of love.

Once he starts employing other people, he’ll have a whole new ball game of drama to deal with, and it won’t be in game:
  • Paying wages,
  • Dealing with employee issues (like staff who whine when they don’t want to work 12+ hours a day seven days a week),
  • Sexual harassment cases when he starts blurring the lines between the in game and office behaviour.
Eventually the game will become a chore, quality will slip and before it’s complete he’ll throw in the towel, or even worse, sell the IP to Icstor.

No, count your blessings. I don’t care how big any other AVN team on this site is, none of them are delivering the quantity and quality of DPC in the same time span or faster.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
That estimation depends on where you believe DPC will stop. 12 eps, 16 eps 20eps, even more? Whatever it is, we're roughly at 2eps a year now.
This is true, although year 1 and 2 had three each. I personally would like to see him manage his content in a way that allowed him to hit three a year. Especially when that content is stuff like D&G.

When D&G was first speculated I was in favour, thinking of the episodes of Community where they play D&D and tell great character stories while they do. What DPC needed was some ‘real/ game‘ world consequence, instead its 30 minutes of game play that gets us nothing, no character progression and sex scenes that to short to be worth the energy. Removing that alone could have sped up release by weeks and we’d have lost nothing.

Be careful what you wish for.

This game is a labor of love.

Once he starts employing other people, he’ll have a whole new ball game of drama to deal with, and it won’t be in game:
  • Paying wages,
  • Dealing with employee issues (like staff who whine when they don’t want to work 12+ hours a day seven days a week),
  • Sexual harassment cases when he starts blurring the lines between the in game and office behaviour.
Eventually the game will become a chore, quality will slip and before it’s complete he’ll throw in the towel, or even worse, sell the IP to Icstor.

No, count your blessings. I don’t care how big any other AVN team on this site is, none of them are delivering the quantity and quality of DPC in the same time span or faster.
Yes I agree that running a studio is very different from being self employed, that said he could ‘hire’ people on a freelance basis, but honestly I can’t see him doing that. I’m not sure which part of production I’d want him to give up. That said I do think he should find something ‘extra’ to do with the money. One idea I had was hiring an animator to make short films with the characters.

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
This is true, although year 1 and 2 had three each. I personally would like to see him manage his content in a way that allowed him to hit three a year. Especially when that content is stuff like D&G.

When D&G was first speculated I was in favour, thinking of the episodes of Community where they play D&D and tell great character stories while they do. What DPC needed was some ‘real/ game‘ world consequence, instead its 30 minutes of game play that gets us nothing, no character progression and sex scenes that to short to be worth the energy. Removing that alone could have sped up release by weeks and we’d have lost nothing.
I enjoyed the DnG game and played it for every ending, but the best parts were when it cut back into the "real world" and dealt with character reactions. The girls getting freaked out over how sexually depraved the MC is, Sally mocking him and him mistreating Sally, Magnar simply loving it...

But yeah, if it expanded on some "real world" situation, like an obvious advancement with the girls, or even a fucking smile of acknowledgement from Sally, it would have enhanced it for sure.

If he does include another gaming session in a future episode, I think he'd have to keep it simple and maybe even use it as a backdrop for some other drama, where the game doesn't even finish and people go off throwing a tantrum or something with Magnar disgusted at the lack of commitment. Maybe Sally suddenly realising she is sexually attracted to the mc even though she think's he's a neanderthal. :sneaky:

Philly? Quantity are less though.
Yep, quality is definitely up there, arguably surpassing BaDIK, but in the same development time (in days, don't know how many man-hours are spent during that period for PhillyGames), actual play time is much, much lower per update.

I was really disappointed at the length of the last CoBD update; very engrossing but over before you're ready.

Coinzell

Jul 15, 2017
I enjoyed the DnG game and played it for every ending, but the best parts were when it cut back into the "real world" and dealt with character reactions. The girls getting freaked out over how sexually depraved the MC is, Sally mocking him and him mistreating Sally, Magnar simply loving it...

But yeah, if it expanded on some "real world" situation, like an obvious advancement with the girls, or even a fucking smile of acknowledgement from Sally, it would have enhanced it for sure.

If he does include another gaming session in a future episode, I think he'd have to keep it simple and maybe even use it as a backdrop for some other drama, where the game doesn't even finish and people go off throwing a tantrum or something with Magnar disgusted at the lack of commitment. Maybe Sally suddenly realising she is sexually attracted to the mc even though she think's he's a neanderthal. :sneaky:
Don't forget priceless Tybalt interruption ))0 The endings where MC wins also were really funny

There might be another reason why DPC does not want to work in the team. Leaks could occur and thus take the tension out of the game. That would also destroy BaDIK.
Hey, that was actually reasonable. Man, you need your goulash fix.

• Haha
Reactions: dalli_x
Nov 12, 2020

For episodes 6 and 7, DPC has also been focusing on other features rather than solely producing content in terms of renders and animations. Repairing the mansion has been included, the in-game phone has been updated for episode 7, another new feature will probably be introduced in the next episode... It all postpones the waiting time but it also increases the quality of the game exponentially. I don't think 3 episodes a year will happen again since DPC is in a continuous rivalry with himself to outperform the last episode. And improving the quality means he has to put more time into it.

• Sad
Reactions: Kellermann

WhamBamKam

Nov 26, 2020
Hiring freelancers/commissions sounds great honestly, the devs of another great game said they were looking for commissions for the background art (like trees) while still doing the girls/scenes themselves. DPC could hire people while still doing the most important things himself. This game does have a lot more content to 'catch up on' and has a distinctive style DPC has built over the years, and DPC does not have any incentive to finish the game faster though.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
For episodes 6 and 7, DPC has also been focusing on other features rather than solely producing content in terms of renders and animations. Repairing the mansion has been included, the in-game phone has been updated for episode 7, another new feature will probably be introduced in the next episode... It all postpones the waiting time but it also increases the quality of the game exponentially. I don't think 3 episodes a year will happen again since DPC is in a continuous rivalry with himself to outperform the last episode. And improving the quality means he has to put more time into it.
I think rivalry is the wrong word for it. In my opinion, DPC wants everything to be perfect. That will be his personal incentive. But he should always remember that nothing in this world is perfect.

I had the same problem when I started with Poser 20 years ago. I wanted everything to be perfect and I was never satisfied.:cry:

So I had to come up with a new philosophy for perfection (in terms of 3D creations). "Symmetry is mathematical perfection, but unnatural. Asymmetry is not perfect, but natural. Natural is Perfect." :unsure:

Last edited:

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
I think rivalry is the wrong word for it. In my opinion, DPC wants everything to be perfect. That will be his personal incentive. But he should always remember that nothing in this world is perfect.

I had the same problem when I started with Poser 20 years ago. I wanted everything to be perfect and I was never satisfied.

So I had to come up with a new philosophy for perfection (in terms of 3D creations). "Symmetry is mathematical perfection, but unnatural. Asymmetry is not perfect, but natural."
Exactly as is was said before, this is his baby. And its hard to mesh different styles or find someone that create your vision.

Reactions: dalli_x

list101

Mar 18, 2019
Hi, I'm using the walkthrough mod linked here. The problem first occurred when I used the mod to access the josy+maya path while being a dik and when I saved it the game during the story of how the DiK was founded. I went back to an earlier save (which was ages ago) and tried playing again. The problem kept occurring (again during the yoga scene).

Thanks!
Let see if I understand correctly -
1. you always use this mod -
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-walkthrough-cheat-mod-v0-6-1-scrappy.29402/#post-1844498
2. arriving at certain point of the game you saved it and decided to replay from an earlier point
3. the game crashes no matter which save you are using

If that's the case - try to delete <game_folder>/game/save/persistent
as well as Users/<profile>/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/<BeingaDIK...>/persistent

and try again from the latest save which was working.

However if the old save was made with different or no mod (maybe older version of the mod) - the only way to fix this is if you attach the old mod for reference.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021

I had the same problem when I started with Poser 20 years ago. I wanted everything to be perfect and I was never satisfied.:cry:

So I had to come up with a new philosophy for perfection (in terms of 3D creations). "Symmetry is mathematical perfection, but unnatural. Asymmetry is not perfect, but natural. Natural is Perfect." :unsure:
when you love a girl, your love comes from the imperfections that makes her unique, in such a way that perfect girls loose all appeal!

i mean if its the little imperfections that create a true intimate and significant relation what is there to love and keep the relationship going after the sex?

Check all the major sex symbols in the world, they all had some kind of imperfection that made them human and adorable without removing the sexy part!

its almost like a reverse of the uncanny valley where if someone is "perfect" you can not trust her and the same sense of unease that you get on the regular uncanny valley starts to creep in until you can no longer ignore it and need to back away! if you combine that with your own insecurities what is such a perfect girl doing with you?

has for DPC he can not hire anyone unless he as a way to control the quality of the work that is why he is working hard on new aspects of his creation so that when the time comes for him to admit he can not do everything alone he can at least do quality control on those he hires!

Besides it´s not like he is alone, he is married and i´m sure his wife can contribute to a female point of view and thus increase his dialogue options and quality along as he as a file on every character with their personality types!

"Thats for me, Timmy?"
"Yes, grandpa', i made it for your 92nd birthday!
"Ooh i wonder what is it.."
"Gallery unlocker and fullsave, grandpa!"
":BootyTime::BootyTime::BootyTime::BootyTime:"
considering that by that time the story is being written by DPC daughter that married phillygames son it might be a very different story where they are too busy taking care of DPC grandchild....

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
How much time will it take (on an average) for this game to get completed if everything goes at the pace as it is going right now . I can not take this wait after playing 1 chapter and then waiting for another
Well, let's say the next update releases in April, each update is now taking about 5 months each to complete and the maximum number of episodes for the whole game with each Season containing 4 episodes each. So, there are 3 estimates:
  1. 3 Seasons, 12 Episodes
    • 5 episodes remaining = 5 x 5 = 25 months = 2 years, 1 month from April 2021 = May 2023
  2. 4 Seasons, 16 Episodes
    • 9 episodes remaining = 9 x 5 = 45 months = 3 years, 9 months from April 2021 = January 2025
  3. 5 Seasons, 20 Episodes
    • 13 episodes remaining = 13 x 5 = 65 months = 5 years, 5 months from April 2021 = September 2026
These are still rough estimates, however, as they assume the development times will be consistent and not increase or decrease, and it also doesn't account for the time DPC takes to put each Season on Steam, but despite that, these are probably fairly close estimates.

I don't think DPC is greedy. I rather think that he does not want to or cannot share the development. BaDIK is his baby and he doesn't want anyone else to lay a hand on his baby.

There might be another reason why DPC does not want to work in the team. Leaks could occur and thus take the tension out of the game. That would also destroy BaDIK.
The thing about working in a team is that DPC would not only have to give up some of his control, but he has to rely on others to be able to do certain elements of the work, not just to his standards, but to his timescale as well.

Right now, DPC controls all aspects of game development and it allows him to do what he wants, when he wants, and how he wants. By bringing other people on board, it means there are people who may voice an opinion on what should be done, and we know DPC doesn't like that, but it also means DPC has to manage and delegate work to them, whether that be coding or render development, and he has to rely ono them to not only be able do it to his standards but to also have it done when he wants it done.

There's a lot of faith and trust he'd have to put in to these other people that they can get the work done, to not leak anything about the game, and to be able to have it done when they need it, and if someone is unable to, for whatever, this could cause delays. There's also the matter of paying these people and they'd also very likely not be working together in the same place, but be working remotely in different parts of the world and that becomes even more tricky to manage.

It might seem like a good idea and the right thing for DPC to work with a team, but it comes with a whole host of issues, and when you've been doing this well on your own and you're someone like DPC who seems to prefer holding things close to the chest, building a team could be seen as an unnecessary complication.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I don't think 3 episodes a year will happen again since DPC is in a continuous rivalry with himself to outperform the last episode. And improving the quality means he has to put more time into it.
This depresses me. I would much prefer DPC shorten the length of each episode in order to get out 3 episodes per year. Back at the beginning (season 1), I thought there was the perfect amount of content in each episode. Not an overabundance of bloatware mini-games and those that were included made sense, were not oversized, and didn't exile you from the story for too long. I like everything he has since added, but it's just a little too much. Short D&G was fine, long D&G just drags on and on. I enjoyed mansion repair well enough at first, but that could easily go the way of D&G if DPC isn't careful.

I guess what I'm saying is a tightly-focused episode is just as enjoyable and we don't have to wait nearly as long. While, I'm sure the new content will all be amazing, I just worry that the balance of content (and production time) is leaning more towards mini-games, free-roam, apps, etc. and less on the main storyline. I need plot advancement please!

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes