ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
For Jill to be campaigning in relation to Lana's death, it could be suicide and Jill is campaigning about mental health awareness. That said, the Lana flashback scene didn't really showcase any drama with Lana other than she was a rebel. She didn't come across unhinged, so who knows.

Her character probably used drugs, and she could have died from an overdose, but what's Jill campaigning about, "Drugs are bad, they make you sad"? You don't need to campaign against drugs, everyone is aware of drugs.

So this is the next interesting theory to chase, since it will be answered eventually: How did Lana die? :unsure:
Given how little we know, it's probably fruitless to speculate at this point. Here's what I would consider the key insights we have about Lana:
  • She was Jill's older sister
  • She was the black sheep of the Royce family
  • She did not live with her family; she was allowed to visit, but would be kicked out if she made her parents 'sad' [whatever that meant]
  • She and Jill got along well and cared about each other, but seemed to spend a lot of time apart
  • She died
  • Jill wants to start a campaign in Lana's honor
  • Jill inherited part of Lana's life insurance (via trust fund) when she came of age [likely 19, but not certain]
  • Jill also inherited Lana's hat (prior to coming of age)
That's not much to go on. We have almost no direct evidence to work from. We barely have enough evidence to exclude things! About the only direct cause of death that comes to mind based only on that list would tie into being homeless, and even that is a real stretch. Just about everything else is possible, but also unsupported.

It's interesting, if you weren't on the "Sage Path", the conversation at the HOTs party has a very different feel to it:

Sage: "So, who's your target?"​
mc: "I don't have a target."​
Sage: "Somehow, I doubt that."​
Sage: "You know, I'm not in a relationship anymore."​
mc: "Uh... You know I know that."​
Sage: "Shut up. I was thinking about what you told me at the Alpha Nu Omega party."​
Sage: "How you didn't want to get in the middle of it. And I believe you even called me obsessed."​
mc: "Maybe I was too harsh... But yeah, I meant what I said about not getting involved."​
Sage: "Now it's different, though."​
mc: "What are you trying to say?"​
Sage: "You don't understand subtle hints, do you?"​
mc: "I think I do, but I don't want to be mistaken."​
Sage: "Maybe I can be your target tonight?"​
mc: "Is this like last time? When you tried to fuck me on Tybalt's bed?"​
Sage: "I'm just checking if you changed your mind now that the problem you had with it isn't a problem anymore."​

It looks like she's the one looking for more this time. :giggle:
Honestly, it sounds to me like Sage's just as focused on the short term as she was in the fuck buddy route. The difference is that this time the MC doesn't worry about anything long term. Which sure seems backwards, when you get down to it.

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
After just reading the last 10 pages of complete fucking crazy, I'm starting to miss the posts asking for saves...
It's not only the fact that it's completely unfounded crazy, it's also the fact that it's partly due to the fact that they don't read or pick up on facts that are right there in game.

Quinn got her white hair from Rox, also her mom on the other hand has abused herself (drugs) for god knows how many years, she just looks fucked, it's unlikely Quinn's gonna look much like her.

In the Rox/Buddy flashback, Quinn definitely came across as really, really young. The camera was way down, the terminologies used for that of a little kid, and the context as well. I'd say she was 5 or under. The best gauge for the time lapse is Buddy:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
He looks very like early 20s compared to late 30s to even 40s. So a 15 year time lapse minimum.

Also, take into consideration that the drug addict woman's hair was darker and if you look at Quinn's eyebrows, they're also darker. So that's more evidence that they could be mother/daughter.

I've only just thought of this, but I don't think Bella was thinking that the mc/Jill relationship was meant to be a highly serious one, more for something to help Jill get out there and go on a few dates.

But as far as Bella's relationship with the mc, her words were:

Bella: "I'm not mad. I know that you're a nice person, but I do believe that our minds work differently."​
Bella: "And as you said, it's also common to date and sleep around."​
Bella: "But I'm not looking for that. And that's the choice I've made."​

But Bella must realize that Jill has strong feelings for the mc (if that's the path you're going down), which compounds Bella's reasons for "breaking up" with him.
For me, I've always thought of Bella as sort of a "buffer" for Jill. Like you can't get with Jill if you don't pass Bella's inspection. I could and probably am wrong, but whenever you get your dinky licked by Cathy in Bella's car, and for some unknown reason, the retarded lady takes her panties off and leaves them behind... Bella sees MC as the type of guy that can't be faithful, therefore the buffer window with Bella is closed. Not sure if that'll have any negative impact on MC/Jill relationship though. Just my opinion.

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Why isn't the new status update posted here? DPC posted a status update on 7th may but it's still not here? N7 please post it when you get the time or access to it. Oh and I am not complaining btw :D

Reactions: JaZy2

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Why isn't the new status update posted here? DPC posted a status update on 7th may but it's still not here? N7 please post it when you get the time or access to it. Oh and I am not complaining btw :D
If it is the notice that he is coming back on Tuesday and that the guide will be out in two weeks after returning, it was already shared, but I don't remember it being N7.

Adalace

Jun 19, 2020
Is it important to leave the option to skip transitions disabled for this game? I've played many Ren'Py VNs and I've learned that some games rely heavily on the transition system as a critical component to displaying scenes correctly; and some games don't use transitions in that way so it's safe to disable them.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
In memory of the late and great Holy Bacchus (I say late because he's been permanently banned from here, but I assure you he's still alive and kicking), I've revived his episode summary that tracks questions. It doesn't get into fucked up theories, just poses questions and indicates the answers when they've come to light. I'd added stuff for episode 7 and injected a few other queries that have pervaded for a while that Bacchus omitted (apologies for the formatting of the table, the column widths have a mind of their own!).

Questions Going in to Ep5Answered (or partly)New Questions
  • Is Chad Gay?
  • Who sent the Jocks the pictures?
  • Who sent the Cathy cluck?
  • What behind Bella's door?
  • What's the deal with Bella and James?
  • What is Quinn plotting?
  • Who is Quinn working with?
  • Will M (& now J) get in to the HOTs?
  • What was Maya's Dad's "ultimatum"?
  • Will the MC get in to the DIKs?
  • Who is the MC's Mom's family?
  • Who is Sage's family?
  • Who is in the other picture frame seen in Jade's home at the start of Ep 3?
    • A: The HOTs being at the Prep party so she could try selling them drugs.
    • A: Yes
  • How will M&J complete the Scavenger Hunt list with and without the MC?
  • What happened between Bella and Jill and why does it seem to relate to James?
  • Will Vinny return as an antagonist?
  • What are Sarah and Melanie up to?
  • What's the prize for winning Hell Week?
  • Will Tommy go against the MC?
  • Is the guy with the man-bun Sage's Dad?
  • Will the MC make Riona cum?

Questions Going in to EP6Answered (or partly)New Questions
  • Is Chad Gay?
  • Who is Sage's family?
    • A: (Partly) A drug gang that her Dad was in and who Vinny is also working for.
    • A: Yes, but it may be short-lived, for Maya at least.
    • A: To agree to never to see Josy again in exchange for him releasing her tuition money to her.
    • A: (Partly) We've started to explore this with the diary.
    • A: A pseudo-threesome in a field on the threesome path, and somehow faked it on the other path.
    • A: A one year VIP pass to the Pink Rose.
    • A: Apparently not.
  • Why is Quinn working with this drug gang?
  • What happened to Quinn's Dad?
  • Why did Chad choose to break up with Sage now?
  • Will the MC have to choose to give his $5000 to someone in order to help them?
  • Who was outside the MC's room?
  • Is there a traitor in the DIKs and is it Nick?
  • Will choosing Sage over Jill have a major affect on that relationship?
  • How will the MC beat Tybalt's blackmailing of Jill?
  • What will the MC's Mom's diary reveal?
  • Will the MC be able to help Cathy stay?
  • Will a Neutral/CHICK be able to help Quinn?
  • Will there be a confrontation with Maya's Dad and if so, what will the outcome be?
  • How will the HOTs react to finding out Mona has left the college?
  • Who was the woman lying on the matress with Rox and Buddy (she seemed insignificant in when we first saw her, but in light of recent speculation I've added it)?
  • Who was the woman that spoke to Quinn when she went to visit Buddy?

Questions Going in to EP7Answered (or partly)New Questions
  • Is Chad Gay?
  • Who is Sage's family?
  • Will the MC have to choose to give his $5000 to someone in order to help them?
  • Will there be a confrontation with Maya's Dad and if so, what will the outcome be?
  • Who was the woman lying on the matress with Rox and Buddy?
  • Is Chad Gay?
    • A: Yes, with Troy
    • A: (Partly) They were aware of Chad and Troy's relationship
    • A: (Partly) He failed to do it again, hopefully there will be another chance
    • A: (Partly) Family business, but we still don't know if there's more too it
    • A: (Partly) Possible cocaine overdoes but not 100% confirmed
    • A: (Partly) To be with Troy, but we don't know if there's more to the timing
    • A: (Partly) He has considered helping out Maya or Quinn with the 5K
    • A: (Partly) We learnt that Neil was a bit of a bullshitter, and how he came to meet Lynette
    • A: No
    • A: (Partly) Not much came from the confrontation other than Josy stayed with the HOTs and Maya stayed alone in her room. The dad is still a problem long term.
    • A: Sage was not happy that three sisters dropped out and Asked Quinn to chase them up to find the reasons. Quinn did a shit job of chasing them up. The rest of the HOTs were a bit sad that the girls quit but nothing was discussed as to why Mona left.
  • How did Jill's sister Lana die?
  • What is Jill's campaign about specifically (It was done in Lana's honor but what is it about)?
  • Is Lily seriously looking to have Quinn supply drugs to the Pink Rose girls?
  • Will the MC take Lily up on her request and start rolling with her?
  • What will Jill's third date with Tybalt be and what will happen once they have finished the third date?
  • Who is the Madame? We've only ever seen her with her mask on.

Questions Going In to EP8Answered (or partly)New Questions
  • Who is Sage's family?
  • What will be the fallout from Burke seeing the Jade and MC video?
  • What is Jill's campaign about specifically (It was done in Lana's honor but what is it about)?
  • What will Jill's third date with Tybalt be and what will happen once they have finished the third date?
  • Who is the Madame?

If anyone feels there are other questions left to be answered, post them and we can add them. I reserved the right to not include fucking stupid questions, and I also reserve the right to determine whether the question is fucking stupid or not.

EDIT: Tables have been modified with assistance from @Meushi.

Last edited:

n0cn1l

Incest it's all relative
Donor
Dec 25, 2017
So needy...Sheesh

status_update.jpg
Hey, everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that I'm back since Tuesday and working at full speed.

I'm juggling several tasks at the moment, including Steam preparations, writing the walkthrough, posing animations, and setting up the environment for episode 8 development.

Not a lot to report now, except that I should finish writing the walkthrough sometime within the next 2 weeks and that everything is good.

During my time off, I have been doing some upgrades to my cooling and ventilation systems to make sure that my equipment can endure the summer heat.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
So needy...Sheesh

View attachment 1186113
Hey, everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that I'm back since Tuesday and working at full speed.

I'm juggling several tasks at the moment, including Steam preparations, writing the walkthrough, posing animations, and setting up the environment for episode 8 development.

Not a lot to report now, except that I should finish writing the walkthrough sometime within the next 2 weeks and that everything is good.

During my time off, I have been doing some upgrades to my cooling and ventilation systems to make sure that my equipment can endure the summer heat.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Thank you Sire.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
'Cause he's a dumbass?

He's so on such a good thing. Seriously, at that age, he doesn't need to start thinking seriously about these girls. What, is he planning on marrying one of them!?

He should enjoy his college years, wear a fucking condom, and bang as many chicks as he can before they realize what he's up to and get pissed off with him. And if they don't get pissed off (like Sage and potentially Josy), bonus! :sneaky:

Yeah, I wouldn't enable skip transitions. The game flows nicer and the blending between scenes works better, otherwise it's a little less emersive.

In memory of the late and great Holy Bacchus (I say late because he's been permanently banned from here, but I assure you he's still alive and kicking), I've revived his episode summary that tracks questions. It doesn't get into fucked up theories, just poses questions and indicates the answers when they've come to light. I'd added stuff for episode 7 and injected a few other queries that have pervaded for a while that Bacchus omitted (apologies for the formatting of the table, the column widths have a mind of their own!).

Questions Going In To Ep 5Answered (or partly) in Ep5New Questions in Ep 5
  • Is Chad Gay?
  • Who is Sage's family?
    • A: The HOTs being at the Prep party so she could try selling them drugs.
Answered (or partly) in Ep 6New Questions in Ep 6Questions Going In To Ep 7
    • A: (Partly) A drug gang that her Dad was in and who Vinny is also working for.
    • A: Yes, but it may be short-lived, for Maya at least.
    • A: To agree to never to see Josy again in exchange for him releasing her tuition money to her.
    • A: (Partly) We've started to explore this with the diary.
    • A: A pseudo-threesome in a field on the threesome path, and somehow faked it on the other path.
    • A: A one year VIP pass to the Pink Rose.
    • A: Apparently not.
  • Who was the woman lying on the matress with Rox and Buddy (she seemed insignificant in when we first saw her, but in light of recent speculation I've added it)?
  • Is Chad Gay?
  • Who is Sage's family?

Answered (or partly) in Ep 7New Questions in Ep 7Questions Going In To Ep 8
  • Is Chad Gay?
    • A: Yes, with Troy
    • A: (Partly) They were aware of Chad and Troy's relationship
    • A: (Partly) He failed to do it again, hopefully there will be another chance
    • A: (Partly) Family business, but we still don't know if there's more too it
    • A: (Partly) Possible cocaine overdoes but not 100% confirmed
    • A: (Partly) To be with Troy, but we don't know if there's more to the timing
    • A: (Partly) He has considered helping out Maya or Quinn with the 5K
    • A: (Partly) We learnt that Neil was a bit of a bullshitter, and how he came to meet Lynette
    • A: (Partly) Not much came from the confrontation other than Josy stayed with the HOTs and Maya stayed alone in her room. The dad is still a problem long term.
    • A: Sage was not happy that three sisters dropped out and Asked Quinn to chase them up to find the reasons. Quinn did a shit job of chasing them up. The rest of the HOTs were a bit sad that the girls quit but nothing was discussed as to why Mona left.
  • Will the MC take Lily up on her request and start rolling with her?
  • Who is the Madame? We've only ever seen her with her mask on.
  • Who is Sage's family?
  • What will be the fallout from Burke seeing the Jade and MC video?
  • Who is the Madame?

If anyone feels there are other questions left to be answered, post them and we can add them.
On a sidenote, I was checking ep 7 today and i think DPC is not holdng himself to respect a strictly and detailed pass of time, at least not anymore. During the Maya's dad meeting he said Maya should come "on Sunday". During Maya/Sage/Bella/MC scene in the library, Maya sayd she meet him the Sunday.
Well beetween thoose scenes there where only one time we get the MC goes to sleep scene (with Josy). Following the scenes there seems to be another pass of day althought is quite hard to tell, when they are working in PinkRose (even if is a totally different scene in Chick path). But that's it.
So, if only two day pass, that means that "on Sunday", actually meant tomorrow the first time and yesterday the second, wich is a wierd form to say it.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
On a sidenote, I was checking ep 7 today and i think DPC is not holdng himself to respect a strictly and detailed pass of time, at least not anymore. During the Maya's dad meeting he said Maya should come "on Sunday". During Maya/Sage/Bella/MC scene in the library, Maya sayd she meet him the Sunday.
Well beetween thoose scenes there where only one time we get the MC goes to sleep scene (with Josy). Following the scenes there seems to be another pass of day althought is quite hard to tell, when they are working in PinkRose (even if is a totally different scene in Chick path). But that's it.
So, if only two day pass, that means that "on Sunday", actually meant tomorrow the first time and yesterday the second, wich is a wierd form to say it.
Do you mean it would have made more sense to say:

"I'll see you tomorrow" (when tomorrow is Sunday) rather than, "I'll see you Sunday"?

And it's more normal to say:

"I went there yesterday" (when yesterday was Sunday) rather than, "I went there Sunday"?

If that's what you're saying, I agree, while neither way is incorrect.

Reactions: Heycock

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Do you mean it would have made more sense to say:

"I'll see you tomorrow" (when tomorrow is Sunday) rather than, "I'll see you Sunday"?

And it's more normal to say:

"I went there yesterday" (when yesterday was Sunday) rather than, "I went there Sunday"?

If that's what you're saying, I agree, while neither way is incorrect.
I think Heycock was saying that as of Episode 7 there is no longer a guaranteed, clear transition from one day to another. The story opens Friday night and we wake up Saturday morning with Josy. But we then have no further sleeping/waking (or even night/morning scenes) before we see the Maya and Josy talking in Math class, which must take place on Monday at the earliest.

It means it's no longer easy to track just how much time passes between scenes, or what day a given scene takes place on. If the trend continues, it may put the Halloween party Sage mentioned in reach much sooner than the pace of the previous 6 episodes would indicate. We'll see.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
I think Heycock was saying that as of Episode 7 there is no longer a guaranteed, clear transition from one day to another. The story opens Friday night and we wake up Saturday morning with Josy. But we then have no further sleeping/waking (or even night/morning scenes) before we see the Maya and Josy talking in Math class, which must take place on Monday at the earliest.

It means it's no longer easy to track just how much time passes between scenes, or what day a given scene takes place on. If the trend continues, it may put the Halloween party Sage mentioned in reach much sooner than the pace of the previous 6 episodes would indicate. We'll see.
Yes i mean that with a different example but now you are making me doubt. I didn't remembered that the scenes where following a weak schedule.
Pass of time was wierd this episode. At some point it seems to had a time break after the Lily/Quinn scene. It starts "When I look back at the first month i had at this place"(...)"But after Hell Weak" (...) "Days were a bit more mundane" (...) "I started working out more". Both the narrative time seems to be more undefined and it has also a montage, wich usually is used to show a pass of time.
But then inmediately after starts the HOT party and at many points seemed to be the first HOT party for the new girls. Lily showing her new outfit, Camila saying the MC was his first as a HOT.
I think DPC is cheating. For one side the story goes with a formal schedule, day by day. By the other he is showing a pass of weaks thing to hurry up Halloween and maybe Spring Break. However is subtle so technically is not wrong and can be read either way.
Yep, we'll see.

Reactions: RukiRG

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Ep.7 starts on Friday, library scene is on Tuesday, so "Sunday" isn't that weird

Reactions: Heycock and Meushi
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes