Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
So.. about that episode 8.. Jill finally gonna give it up at the end of season 2, or do you think she'll keep MC hanging until the end of season 3-4?

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
So.. about that episode 8.. Jill finally gonna give it up at the end of season 2, or do you think she'll keep MC hanging until the end of season 3-4?
Jill is going to alleviate MC's blueballs by putting his nuts in a vice and cracking them.

But to answer your question - probably not going to happen yet. DPC is dragging out a number of things unnecessarily, in what I can only imagine is an attempt to milk the game as much as possible, considering the incredible amount of success he's had with it. If he were to end it sooner, then he can't do another one with the same premise, which let's be honest, is among the most popular concepts for one reason or another.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
What do you mean by season 2, the game for the moment is divided in 7 chapters, never noticed any seasons?

And Jill story depends on your choices, if you made the right ones she is really into you at the end of chapter 7. But if you have been a DIK and made poor choices you are fucked!
Be carefull with that game DPC has set many traps during all those 7 chapters and if you have fallen in some you will pay the full price with your tears

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
Yup Jill fans are being blue balled till the whole Tybalt thing is resolved + whatever sister issues she has to overcome in season 3 or 4. Season 1 she came across as one of the mature characters but after the whole "I want it to be perfect" spiel it's clear MC ain't getting anywhere with her anytime soon plus she's pretty immature. She needs a reality check like your first time as a woman is going to hurt a bit no matter how good the guy is... Maybe publicly holding hands at the end of season 2 lmao?

What do you mean by season 2, the game for the moment is divided in 7 chapters, never noticed any seasons?

And Jill story depends on your choices, if you made the right ones she is really into you at the end of chapter 7. But if you have been a DIK and made poor choices you are fucked!
It's based on the steam packages, like episode 1 to 4 was sold as season 1 on steam
Season 2 will presumably be 5 to 8

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
STATUS UPDATE EPISODE 08

I've been working on animations for the entire week.

I have many planned animations for episode 8, and creating them is one of my favorite things to do during development.

I will try to mix work up with other activities, but I will continue to animate for a while.

I promised you some numbers this week, so here's what's been produced so far.

83 animations and 332 static renders are completed.

I estimate the writing to be somewhere around 25-35% done.

Yesterday, a cosmetic poll for Maya started. Sign up as a +$10 patron to participate

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
NUMBERS!!!!! :geek:

Ahem.

That is to say, after many weeks in the wilderness, finally we can bust out the new spreadsheet and see where we stand. Is anyone else excited?

DPC has completed 332 static and 83 animation renders. We know he took the first week off, so if we assume he worked fairly consistently since then (a questionable assumption, but we'll start there), that suggests he's rendering at a rate of ~67 static and 7.7 animations per week (55.3 static and 13.8 overall). That's enough to start charting!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now that I've got that out of my system, let's do some more digging. These estimated render rates are about half the overall rate that DPC managed in Episode 7 for animations and a third for static renders. That strongly suggests DPC is focusing a lot of time on other aspects of the game, and means we could see progress pick up as he completes those aspects. On the other hand, Episode 7 spent much longer than expected idling at ~0 renders in the final weeks, so perhaps DPC feels this render pace will better match overall development and this will be the new normal. Either way, it's the data we have to work with for now.

As you can see from the charts, animation render rate significantly outpace static rate relative to the likely targets, just as it did in Episode 7. DPC is on pace to match Episode 7's animation total by early August, whereas matching Episode 7's static renders would stretch into next year. Even if we kick the static render rate up to 300/week (approximately the maximum observed rate from Episode 7), it would still take until late August to match Episode 7's static totals.

Episode 7 already had the lowest static to animation render ratio on record, and only had about 400 more statics than Episode 6. It seems likely that ratio will continue to increase since animations probably give DPC a lot more bang for his buck as far as demands on his time go. But I am a bit nervous about this apparent turn of events, since I think static renders are a lot more important to carrying the story and I don't see any easy way to speed up their production ratio short of DPC devoting a lot more time to them.

In all likelihood, DPC is aiming for a September/October release, which means we'll probably see a large increase in animations at a steady rate, with a large static crunch near the end as DPC works out exactly what statics he will need.

Anyway, that's speculation for the future, whenever DPC next sees fit to bestow some quantifiable data upon us. Admittedly, that seems like it might be a ways off given how hard it was to pry these numbers out of him.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Yup Jill fans are being blue balled till the whole Tybalt thing is resolved + whatever sister issues she has to overcome in season 3 or 4. Season 1 she came across as one of the mature characters but after the whole "I want it to be perfect" spiel it's clear MC ain't getting anywhere with her anytime soon plus she's pretty immature. She needs a reality check like your first time as a woman is going to hurt a bit no matter how good the guy is... Maybe publicly holding hands at the end of season 2 lmao?
Jill’s inner monologue after that scene made it pretty clear she doesn’t actually believe the whole “being perfect” thing. IIRC she called it a cliched lie. It has nothing to do with her thinking it is gonna hurt.

She was lying because she thinks she’s going to be “terrible at it” (it being sex) and berates herself for not just being upfront and honest with MC. Now she’s worried he’s going to lose interest.

At the lake we see her adjust slightly, being more open and forward with him. Her first instinct is to shut the flirting down but she powers through and takes a risk.

Personally I like how Jill is behaving. I don’t see it as immature I see it as realistic. She’s a virgin raised in very specific circumstances. I’ll take a story with a slower, cautious Jill over something like Maya any day of the week who goes from gold star lesbian to drunken frat party sex with a guy in the space of a week.

EDIT: and all this behaviour isn’t outta the blue. It’s a follow on from the scene where she calls the MC to come watch her play piano. She’s self confidant and worried if she doesn’t do something flawlessly. She practices and practices to get things 100% right. I’m guessing as a product of her upbringing and being a Royce. She’s desperate to be flawless at everything lest she be cast out like her sister.

MC comes along during that piano practice and encourages her to relax, that music isn’t about perfection and yadayada... all thinly veiled parallel.

I don’t think we’re gonna have to wait long for sex with Jill, I think it’s gonna come after the piano performance. MC is gonna turn up and support her. Meet her long telegraphed family and be there for her in a way they’re not. Once he helps her relax and play piano without worrying DPC will use that as a plot point for her to get over these nerves sexually.

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Jill’s inner monologue after that scene made it pretty clear she doesn’t actually believe the whole “being perfect” thing. IIRC she called it a cliched lie. It has nothing to do with her thinking it is gonna hurt.

She was lying because she thinks she’s going to be “terrible at it” (it being sex) and berates herself for not just being upfront and honest with MC. Now she’s worried he’s going to lose interest.

At the lake we see her adjust slightly, being more open and forward with him. Her first instinct is to shut the flirting down but she powers through and takes a risk.

Personally I like how Jill is behaving. I don’t see it as immature I see it as realistic. She’s a virgin raised in very specific circumstances. I’ll take a story with a slower, cautious Jill over something like Maya any day of the week who goes from gold star lesbian to drunken frat party sex with a guy in the space of a week.
I'd be quite happy to take a game with both those kind of girls; throw in a sexy hot leader of a sorority, a cute-as-a-button, lusty girl next door, a sexually frigid MILF who is just waiting for the floodgates to open, a bad girl desperate to be saved, and a bevy of promiscuous babes just looking for a guy to jump on. Man, where can I find a game like that! :unsure:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
DPC loves dragging drama so i bet this stupid Jill virginity issue will keep going for a LOOOOOONG time. :ROFLMAO: :FacePalm:

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
I find it a great pity that Derek's 'depression' disappeared as it came, at this point I'd be surprised if it came back into focus.

Would have been a perfect opportunity to give the character some depth.

Does BADIK really need 3 comic characters? I don't think so.
I don't think we're gonna get depressed Derek back anytime soon. If anything, we might finally be in for some character development, seeing as he seemed to finally sit down and have a conversation with Ashley. I'm hoping that it was a substantial conversation instead of him just fucking around and saying stupid shit again, I really do. Unless of course, he really is in love with Ashley, and that hurts him so much when she tells him that she and Derek are done because she's with Big A now that he spirals into a shadow of his former, insane self. He would finally realize the feeling of love, and would do a 180 just to get Ashley back. I have my doubts, but this could be a good character development opportunity.

You should see her when she becomes naughty, i could kill for that woman!!

View attachment 1229599
Bella is insane. When she's sexual, she's fucking sexy. When she smiles, she's fucking sexy. When she's mad, she's fucking sexy. The only time she isn't sexy is when she cries, because when that happens, it just makes you wanna cuddle with her and comfort her. She's so alluring it isn't even funny anymore, damn. She's fucking up there with Sage in my book, SSS-tier.

She's smart and careful, just give her time and Tybalt will be no more. Soon.
Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

Ultimately it comes down to how DPC wants the story to progress. Will he keep Jill an untainted flower, or will he allow a sexual progression between the MC and Jill? Only time will tell.

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020

I agree with this 100% !!! Some people here are thinking that Jill wants her first to be perfect. They just didn't read the next part carefully where she explains this, people are really dumb , get some glasses on :geek:!
In Images 1-4, We see that she is uncomfortable or the sex conversation is awkward for her. Why? She was born in a family which everyone has their eyes on, like a pervert. Since she's a girl, her parents would want her to be Polite and behave like a Perfect Lady. Like mindern pointed out, she wants to be flawless because this is what her family has taught her to be from the beginning. We don't know lana's story yet but we can say that she was the black sheep, flawed at something and was kicked out of the house. Now if one girl was flawed, was out of control and kicked out, guess what's going to happen to Young Jill. Of course, she is going to be pressured to become a perfect lady unlike her sister. Talking about sex in casual way for her would obviously be not perfect-lady-like. She is awkward because she has no experience in it and who is to blame? Her family's strictness ,conditions and expectations. The others girl know well about sex and some poses as well because their families were not of that high status and this strict to their daughters to be absolutely perfect.
So in these 4 Images, since she is inexperienced, she has no idea how to get out of there without fucking things. Hence she is angry at herself that she blew the chances and would never dare to bring up the topic again.

In Images 5-10, She wants MC to stay but she can't confess her thoughts or feelings because she is not confident enough. She wants MC to know that she likes/loves him but She is SHY and lacks confidence to show her TRUE feelings. I say that she needs to take love lessons from Bella.

In Images 11-14, She is angry and frustrated at herself because she failed to confess her thoughts and feelings to MC. She hates that she can't be true and straight-forward to MC. She regrets that she didn't kiss MC...Our MC was also quite dense here, he himself could have at least tried to kiss her or at least hugged her, he already kissed her twice in ep4 on his own accord, why can't he now? Sure the conversation b/w them was awkward but still, he just went out from the window like "oh sorry I wanted to steal the watermelon but its not here, see you again." In 14th Image she also thought that why didn't she try to stop him and kiss him. I second that thought as well...

In Images 15-18, She explains the real reason behind " I want it to be perfect". She thinks that she would be terrible at it [sex] and it might annoy or disgust MC who she loves [MC won't be annoyed or disgusted by this]. Now I Believe that the reason DPC showed all of this is to show that Jill lacks confidence, is shy and is inexperienced [In a lot of things beside sex]. Otherwise he could have simply shown Jill having fun with herself. I myself believe that it won't take that long for sex with Jill and after her piano performance , it's chances increase by a lot. Ending S2 with Jill's scene surely would be spectacular end.

Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
Jill's personality and problems would make more sense to me if she really was a damsel in distress all alone in her ivory tower isolated and pressured by her family's standards, but she has Bella. Probably that's how they will break the ice later in the story, but to me Jill is still annoyingly naive.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I agree with this 100% !!! Some people here are thinking that Jill wants her first to be perfect. They just didn't read the next part carefully where she explains this, people are really dumb , get some glasses on :geek:!
In Images 1-4, We see that she is uncomfortable or the sex conversation is awkward for her. Why? She was born in a family which everyone has their eyes on, like a pervert. Since she's a girl, her parents would want her to be Polite and behave like a Perfect Lady. Like mindern pointed out, she wants to be flawless because this is what her family has taught her to be from the beginning. We don't know lana's story yet but we can say that she was the black sheep, flawed at something and was kicked out of the house. Now if one girl was flawed, was out of control and kicked out, guess what's going to happen to Young Jill. Of course, she is going to be pressured to become a perfect lady unlike her sister. Talking about sex in casual way for her would obviously be not perfect-lady-like. She is awkward because she has no experience in it and who is to blame? Her family's strictness ,conditions and expectations. The others girl know well about sex and some poses as well because their families were not of that high status and this strict to their daughters to be absolutely perfect.
So in these 4 Images, since she is inexperienced, she has no idea how to get out of there without fucking things. Hence she is angry at herself that she blew the chances and would never dare to bring up the topic again.

In Images 5-10, She wants MC to stay but she can't confess her thoughts or feelings because she is not confident enough. She wants MC to know that she likes/loves him but She is SHY and lacks confidence to show her TRUE feelings. I say that she needs to take love lessons from Bella.

In Images 11-14, She is angry and frustrated at herself because she failed to confess her thoughts and feelings to MC. She hates that she can't be true and straight-forward to MC. She regrets that she didn't kiss MC...Our MC was also quite dense here, he himself could have at least tried to kiss her or at least hugged her, he already kissed her twice in ep4 on his own accord, why can't he now? Sure the conversation b/w them was awkward but still, he just went out from the window like "oh sorry I wanted to steal the watermelon but its not here, see you again." In 14th Image she also thought that why didn't she try to stop him and kiss him. I second that thought as well...

In Images 15-18, She explains the real reason behind " I want it to be perfect". She thinks that she would be terrible at it [sex] and it might annoy or disgust MC who she loves [MC won't be annoyed or disgusted by this]. Now I Believe that the reason DPC showed all of this is to show that Jill lacks confidence, is shy and is inexperienced [In a lot of things beside sex]. Otherwise he could have simply shown Jill having fun with herself. I myself believe that it won't take that long for sex with Jill and after her piano performance , it's chances increase by a lot. Ending S2 with Jill's scene surely would be spectacular end.
Suppose Jill overcame this fear and had sex with MC. then what would she do? Jill is the only LI who would have absolutely no obstacle to living her relationship, which is why they already had to insert the fantastic blackmail segment to slow down (Jill can no longer date MC who will otherwise be deported to the foreign legion to break rocks, Jill dates MC exactly as before, even better because she sees him in private)

Until she has another centre of gravity around which to rotate the character of Jill will hold on to her virginity, for now there is none on the horizon (it could be the campaign organized with this Jonathan... we'll see)

all the talk about her family is believable, but it's our assumptions, would her family be happy to see her on Tybalt's leash like a docile little dog? which is a much more public attitude than having sex. Jill has every reason in the world to doubt that Mc is the right person, but this fragility, this insecurity about him is just childish (and instrumental to the story). besides, it's a dead end, how do you train to have good sex without having sex? and it was such a pet peeve of hers that she had to improvise an excuse....

it's the right time for her to start attending Josy sensei's Dojo, there she will learn

Jan 30, 2021
not sure what you guys talking about just unlock DIK route Jill .

EDIT: and all this behaviour isn’t outta the blue. It’s a follow on from the scene where she calls the MC to come watch her play piano. She’s self confidant and worried if she doesn’t do something flawlessly. She practices and practices to get things 100% right. I’m guessing as a product of her upbringing and being a Royce. She’s desperate to be flawless at everything lest she be cast out like her sister.
odd i compared it to her piano practise while back , cant disagree with anything you said .
i'll add her parents can also be a factor after Lanas death .

I don't think its very important when she's gonna give it up , as long as story is good and makes sense

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
I don't think its very important when she's gonna give it up , as long as story is good and makes sense
Would you be ok be she never gave it up? What if she turns you down? Did you really think that she would never turn around, go to Tybalt, and desert you?

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. I lost to temptation.

On another note, I've done like 3-4 full playthroughs so far, but only when I decided to really pay attention to the scenes and dialogue in my most recent Bella playthrough did I notice that this girl here was Mona. Prior to that I thought the thing about Mona dropping out was just something the characters assumed. Just goes to show how inattentive I was towards the scenes, especially this one, I always thought it was just a filler scene and never really looked at it closely.

screenshot0128.png

Additionally, I finally had the pleasure of looking at my girl Sage's cute sleeping face (which you don't get to see unless you're just friends with her, strictly no fuckbuddy shit), and I must say, there's a reason why she's at the top of my LI list. She's so cute my heart goes thump every time I look at her.

screenshot0123.png

• Haha
Reactions: shazba and Hermith
Jan 30, 2021
Would you be ok be she never gave it up? What if she turns you down? Did you really think that she would never turn around, go to Tybalt, and desert you?

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. I lost to temptation.
dont worry i was gonna do same joke originally but i settled for fanart

On another note, I've done like 3-4 full playthroughs so far, but only when I decided to really pay attention to the scenes and dialogue in my most recent Bella playthrough did I notice that this girl here was Mona. Prior to that I thought the thing about Mona dropping out was just something the characters assumed. Just goes to show how inattentive I was towards the scenes, especially this one, I always thought it was just a filler scene and never really looked at it closely.

View attachment 1230705
I really hope thats the case , Mona kind of vanishes. The way Rio and Cami are talking about being
stalked sprung some theories about Monas disappearance.

Additionally, I finally had the pleasure of looking at my girl Sage's cute sleeping face (which you don't get to see unless you're just friends with her, strictly no fuckbuddy shit), and I must say, there's a reason why she's at the top of my LI list. She's so cute my heart goes thump every time I look at her.

View attachment 1230708
it's actually little odd scene with sage . right before she falls asleep . MC tells her about dad/mom/birthday .
and only recently i noticed Sage cries when he tells her . her skin kind of masks it
its not pure waterfall like with Jill but you can tell she cares .

Yes Sage is pretty to look at . i still remember first time i saw her in cafeteria .

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I really hope thats the case , Mona kind of vanishes. The way Rio and Cami are talking about being
stalked sprung some theories about Monas disappearance.
That's definitely Mona leaving. When everyone finished episode 6 they were all sad to see her go and there were theories as to why she quit and so on. You definitely have to pay attention to those epilogue scenes at the end of each episode, heaps of clues there. (y)

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes