tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
I think you guys overthink the "happy ending" a bit sometimes. I doubt we'll get a full on explanation of the details of their post-game lives. Most likely, it'll be a walk off into the bright future with a short blurb.

Or maybe flashforward to future-MC finishing up his story to whomever he's telling it, and having him turn around to say something to the LI. Just completely sidestep the explanation how things led up from the end of the game to the happy ending.

Happy endings are super easy to do. You just keep the real details vague and do a "and they're happy now, with 9 kids" narration, then fade to credits. Its like rom-com endings. They don't have to make sense. They just have to feel good.

Sep 9, 2021
I feel exactly the same way

it must be said that the concept of a happy ending is not so objective: can a great love story that ends with a goodbye be considered a happy ending?
Please don't tell me that the ending of game of throne was good enough for you, I am reaching here by the you simply accepting goodbye. I will recommend a good fuck before leaving. (y);)

On serious note. Most of the route will lead to bitter sweet ending. I am sure people will be in surprise but that is exactly what game need.

I don't expect this game to go beyond college, in which case, I wouldn't imagine any of the stories to end "Happily Ever After", he's just having a "fucking" good time.

These girls will all have a special place in the mc's heart, but ultimately, it's just young love (mixed with some old love in the case of Jade, Cathy and Bella).

So yeah, I don't see a long term relationship evolving with Bella. I don't even know what she's thinking with wanting to start dating the mc. Maybe she's doing it for herself, to get over her 3 year slump.

So going back to the idea that the mc probably won't get married straight after college, here's the perfect epilogue:

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-7-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-4769240
Perfectly put and perfectly said !

Reactions: shazba

always86

Mar 19, 2020
If my memory serves me right... I do think Bella did say something like "I forgive you" along with "please come home" in a monolog (forgot from which EP).

If my brain didn't make things up, then James was prolly like cheated at some point leading to a fight between Bella and James. James then moved away, breaking any contacts.

It would also explain why Bella despises cheating and refuses to give into debauchery(easily lol).

Again can someone points out that my brain is creating false memory about it?
Bella does say something like that.

Some violence happened at Bella's. Not saying she was to blame, but the only reason I can think to explain her cabinet being at an angle is that it is covering something. I think blood.

One theory is she killed James. That could tie in with the concept of her forgiving him and wanting him to come home but knowing he can't. Would be a bit to misleading IMO.

Another theory is that James was abusive and they had a fight. She injured him in self defence, he's in a comma or maybe a mental institution.

A third, The picture from the Study is a family portrait. The fatigues are actually hunting fatigues, not army. Kid shoots self. James leaves, is arrested, goes to mental institution.

A fourth is that James is MIA or KIA in the army. She was angry with him shipping out, they fought. He never came home. This doesn't exlain the wonky cabinet.

There are some more extreme thoeries that he is hanging in her locked room (as in he hanged himself). This is written off because of the smell, and again wouldn't explain the cabinet.

I think there are 3 factors clearly related to James. 1. The cabinet on a wonky angle. 2. The mannequin in the army fatigues. 3. is the picture on the floor in Bella's study.

Here is the theory i'm going to go with. Locked room contains James' stuff. Including the picture that was taken down and his uniform on a mannequin. The picture is him in uniform. James had PTSD and hurt himself or Bella, he is locked up in an institution. I also like the kid theory, but this is largely based on the old kids books, which honestly could just be DAS assets.

• Thinking Face

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
I think you guys overthink the "happy ending" a bit sometimes. I doubt we'll get a full on explanation of the details of their post-game lives. Most likely, it'll be a walk off into the bright future with a short blurb.

Or maybe flashforward to future-MC finishing up his story to whomever he's telling it, and having him turn around to say something to the LI. Just completely sidestep the explanation how things led up from the end of the game to the happy ending.

Happy endings are super easy to do. You just keep the real details vague and do a "and they're happy now, with 9 kids" narration, then fade to credits. Its like rom-com endings. They don't have to make sense. They just have to feel good.
I guess if I were to rephrase what I said, rather than focusing on the ending I just genuinely believe the relationship between Bella and MC is headed for a train wreck before we reach the ending.

Everything about their relationship is bonkers. We dont need to focus on the end when the now is ridiculous.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I don't expect this game to go beyond college, in which case, I wouldn't imagine any of the stories to end "Happily Ever After", he's just having a "fucking" good time.

These girls will all have a special place in the mc's heart, but ultimately, it's just young love (mixed with some old love in the case of Jade, Cathy and Bella).

So yeah, I don't see a long term relationship evolving with Bella. I don't even know what she's thinking with wanting to start dating the mc. Maybe she's doing it for herself, to get over her 3 year slump.

So going back to the idea that the mc probably won't get married straight after college, here's the perfect epilogue:

I have faith DPC can pull of a better ending then whatever is it you linked. I would like to think this games endings will be lighter in tone compared to Al so pulling off a happy ending ending shouldn't be too challenging.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I have faith DPC can pull of a better ending then whatever is it you linked. I would like to think this games endings will be lighter in tone compared to Al so pulling off a happy ending ending shouldn't be too challenging.
You didn't recognize the redhead? Just a certain nurse from a previous work by DPC. :p

Some violence happened at Bella's. Not saying she was to blame, but the only reason I can think to explain her cabinet being at an angle is that it is covering something. I think blood.
Actually that's not one I've read before. It makes some sense, he was abusive, she blames herself but also resents him, like many battered women she still wants him. Not sure if her personality fits someone like that though. :unsure:

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
I guess if I were to rephrase what I said, rather than focusing on the ending I just genuinely believe the relationship between Bella and MC is headed for a train wreck before we reach the ending.

Everything about their relationship is bonkers. We dont need to focus on the end when the now is ridiculous.
Thats a good point. But then, thats usually the case in these sorts of games and movies/shows. So I don't really think its all that strange that things will work out for them.

Imagine if Elena turned out to be an A student. She did have a certificate of achievement in her room.
She gives off that responsible, down to earth vibe to me. Wouldn't be surprised if she was a straight As student.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
As I said before, its too much open to interpretation to make good assumptions about dialogue so early on. We literally dont know anything about Bella's husband and the dialogue in the library can be seen in multiple ways. For instance, a foreshadowing of Bella guilt over cheating her maimed (or maybe on coma) husband, leading to her hurting (or maybe killing herself)... or something dark. Thing is... we dont know. "Help", as far as we know now, can be for every character in the game. One thing is for sure, cheating on a absent husband is one hell of guilt trip to this lady and a huge deal. I am pretty sure there will be some sort of consequences... I am just not sure in what extent and what shape.

Here's my two cents, Bella's husband is out of the picture but now by his own volition, meaning he's alive but somehow unable to be with Bella... like I said, either maimed or in a coma. But Bella loves him still (all the "Carnal" talk and what not), has "urges" she can't control and she has a massive guilt ridden persona that can will have a huge impact on her. The outcome will be dark, but I think its more about personal demons than doing harm to others. Bella just slowly growing into acceptance her husband is not healing back/waking up from a long coma... until he is, and the "fun" she had with the MC is going to explode in her face, but because of her own guilt and not the actions themselves.
Personally i really think it has something to do with cheating on her. Because in episode 6 ( i think ) she is saying "you become an adulltress the thing you most hate." And in episode 5 ( also not sure, mixing them up a little ) Bella says she forgave him allready.

Reactions: ename144 and shazba

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
As for the soldier - as a person who is guilty of consuming alcohol in large quantities (infrequently, but still) I can say that it was nothing more than an unconscious projection of what MC saw in the picture in the same room onto a mannequin (this kind of nonsense happened to me once). The picture itself is not shown to us, but its frame is visible. Later, Isabella will hide the picture, apparently in the same place where she hid all the photos except for the one in her bedroom. My opinion is that she hid all this in a closed room and that is why it is closed (Jill is surprised when MC says that the room is closed, it means it was open before).

In this picture, most likely there was a photo of her husband, who is apparently a military man.

And MC didn't said he should've ran away - he said "I would have called out for help" (you literally can see it on your own pics) what means later he knew what happened to Isabella (it doesn't have to be something dire).
It has never been said that James is in the military, that is an assumption based on the fact that MC saw what looked like a soldier while drunk. During the free roam in chapter 5 (or maybe 6, the morning after MC drives Cathy home) we see what appears to be James and Bella's wedding photo and he looks nothing like the soldier.

The 'soldier' actually looks like Burke

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
now she has even symbolically removed her ring (I believe that she has not removed it permanently, it would create too many questions in those who know her a change of this kind from Jill to the other teachers)
Bella removing her ring isnt symbolical, it's her making the decision to take the next step with MC. They talked about it and will go start dating. Sincerely thinking the picture DPC posted is from their first date.

What i keep wondering is how Jill will respond if she sees Bella without the ring. Jill sure does have her suspicion allready at several moments.
I really think, but hope i am so wrong, that it will be the "big decision" in episode 8 where DPC hinted at. Jill or Bella...

Reactions: jaden_yuki

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

rarely does an ending ever give reassurance about happily ever after, and even when it does the whole thing boils down to a few family photographs that, at least personally, have very little meaning.

the stories of youthful loves are pervaded with melancholy even when they end well, but only in retrospect, but at that age every love is the great love of life, only in retrospect does it become "only" an important relationship, there and then they are eternal.

as a "happy" ending I expect that the couple will have solved every problem they encountered (the loan issue, every bereavement, family problems etc etc) and that at that moment they can really think of being happy forever, then whether they will be or not doesn't matter to anyone, did those 20 year olds ever care?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Bella removing her ring isnt symbolical, it's her making the decision to take the next step with MC. They talked about it and will go start dating. Sincerely thinking the picture DPC posted is from their first date.

What i keep wondering is how Jill will respond if she sees Bella without the ring. Jill sure does have her suspicion allready at several moments.
I really think, but hope i am so wrong, that it will be the "big decision" in episode 8 where DPC hinted at. Jill or Bella...
In my opinion it is a symbolic gesture, Bella starts to think about what her life can be like.

A married woman who stops wearing a wedding ring creates a lot of curiosity, and I don't think that's what Bella wants. imagine Burke noticing. it's too soon for Bella to even mention it to Jill, let alone the whole college.

it would not be a great decision really, how many players are actually pursuing both girls? i think very few and those who do are quite aware that sooner or later hell will break loose

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
actually, it's futurama =P

also that "familiar redhead" sort of gave me ptsd
No joke, Leah's model plus the whole Matrix vibes of that scene, I half expected someone to pull a gun on MC when not-Leah looked back to MC. I tensed up in that "oh fuck its going down" anticipation for a second.

Reactions: Ilhares
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes