Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Projecting is a poor choice of words. That would imply taking something about oneself and applying it to, in this particular instance, Quinn. That is not what is occurring here.

How much development should a side character have before game players are willing to accept the character is who the MC is telling you she is. Remember, this is the story he is telling. That means everything we know about Quinn is limited to what he knows about Quinn. The rest is speculation.

A few facts we do have include Rox having the same tattoo Quinn wears as makeup when she visits him, something she herself claims to do in tribute to her father. Therefore, it is entirely possible, if not probable, Rox is either Quinn's father or uncle or otherwise related. We know his line of work. We know enough about the relationship between Quinn and Rox to know it is not a healthy one. We know the only time she leaves the college campus is to procure drugs from Rox. We think mattress girl is Quinn's mother. It might follow that Buddy is Quinn's brother if Rox is her father and mattress girl is her mother.

Yes, it is mostly open to interpretation and that was my original point. The game gives players just enough information to allow them to take the story in any direction they choose. The primary difference here is I am making no effort to tell Quinn's story for her beyond what the MC's story has already given us. What has been given to us is that Quinn trusts no one. She gives everyone the side eye. She is suspicious of everyone. Maybe it's due to her life circumstances. Maybe it's due to drugs.

There's no effort being made here to defend certain actions. The only effort being made here on my part is to question how much work has to go into a character before game players stop reducing characters to things like "drug dealing scum" as one individual so eloquently phrased it. Being judgmental of fictional characters in a visual novel seems a bridge further than one should be willing to go. It's a game. It's not reality. Quinn could turn out to be everything the players who dislike her character think she is but events in the most recent episode say otherwise. They say Quinn is going to rise above her life circumstances and become something more than the basket into which she is being placed. The MC has the same story in some ways. He is also trying to rise above his lot in life. They like each other because they have things in common. They are both trying to fit into a world where they feel out of place. The MC is just better at it. The MC is socially awkward. Quinn is socially inept.
Honestly,

WTF are you talking about?

MC tells Maya that Quinn is EVIL, she's going to hurt her and she should avoid her at any cost.

MC is in love with Josy and Maya since the very beginning. Any other girl is just a filler (even Sage and Jill).

Man, these Quinn fanboys are so embarassing...

Nov 23, 2020
Even Maya can detect the approach between Josy and MC, and how they move away from her.
I just hope that if that happens, Maya doesn't take it the wrong way, or doesn't fall into depression. She doesn't deserve to suffer
already when josy chooses you to follow her to her father instead of her, even in the friends path, she takes it very badly .. between jealousy and disappointment ..

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So, at the HOTs party, did anyone get their mc wasted? I was so busy running around getting various girls drinks (no ulterior motive I assure you), that my MC only had one glass of whisky.

So... I went back and got plastered...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Let's just say, moderation is the key... :sick:

And fappybeard, I don't know if this ties is with your earlier question... :sneaky:

WhamBamKam

Nov 26, 2020
already when josy chooses you to follow her to her father instead of her, even in the friends path, she takes it very badly .. between jealousy and disappointment ..
This is why I felt bad at the beginning of ep 7 when the MC fucks Josy. Especially because it was right after the cross cut with Maya looking depressed lol. Although I gotta say the guilt was gone by the time the scene was over.

Nov 23, 2020
and here the other question .. the next evening he fucks josy in his sleep .. how did jill with the hand of the mc .. do you think it will be the random principle of her pregnancy? I don't know how the pill works but, you should take it every night right? if you skip one night it might not work ..

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
The best part was when she introduces HOTs.
"They are a bunch of whores if you ask me. But free tuition so i'm gonna join them anyway." I would unironically kneel to DPC if it's revealed that Quinn started fucking with her because she overheard this.
Shes just hypocritical. Calling them whores yet willing to so some of the same things for free tuition.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Casmyr

WhamBamKam

Nov 26, 2020
A commentary on graphics.

I love how DPC progressed from this:

To this:
I have no idea how many days that animation added to the development timeline, but I'd be willing to bet it was worth it.
DPC really stepped up his shading game. The skin on Jade looks so goddamn unnatural.

Trysexual

Apr 13, 2021
Honestly,

WTF are you talking about?

MC tells Maya that Quinn is EVIL, she's going to hurt her and she should avoid her at any cost.

MC is in love with Josy and Maya since the very beginning. Any other girl is just a filler (even Sage and Jill).

Man, these Quinn fanboys are so embarassing...
I'm talking about a path you evidently haven't played. Play it and return to this discussion. The MC didn't even know Maya in the very beginning so that's just a false statement of fact. I'm a fan of the game overall, not of any individual character. The discussion at the time happened to be centered around Quinn. And I'm not a boy which would make it impossible to be a fanboy of anyone. But, other than that, you were making valid discussion points.

Have a nice day.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
So, at the HOTs party, did anyone get their mc wasted? I was so busy running around getting various girls drinks (no ulterior motive I assure you), that my MC only had one glass of whisky.

So... I went back and got plastered...

Let's just say, moderation is the key... :sick:

And fappybeard, I don't know if this ties is with your earlier question... :sneaky:
I laughed my ass off when I first found that gem. But nevertheless...

Eww Stop.png

Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
I believe "Isabella" is spelled differently, my friend.

Sure, if we only count the best looking character, but when it comes to looks, character and story she isn't anywhere close to my favs. Of course, Everyone has his/her own preferences. :geek:

Reactions: RukiRG

Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
You haven't even decided for yourself who's your best gal and yet you calling others simps
In my eyes that makes sense, chapter after chapter we get the chance to see more of various girls so it's absolutely natural to see some of them get ahead. Josy for an example started out really weak with her non existent presence, then when she finally joined the crowd it was with a pitiful drama, but in the latest chapters she really started to shine imo.
Quinn on the other hand started as one of the worst characters and she is still one of my least liked characters, but even she had great scenes and more depth than most would like to admit.

Who knows, maybe in the next chapters Quinn will turn everything around or not. :D

4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes