RukiRG

Sep 22, 2018
First of all, thanks for the replies.

about the data corruption I have to see.... the download takes some time.... but i don´t know as the crash happens in both the compressed and big version.

Mods: I don´t use any.

cache and bytecode: I did not find any "*.pyc"files. The only ones i could find are within the python-zip in the lib folder. the python-zip is not unpacked though.

OS and drivers: this might be it.... with Ren´Py Games I have encountered similar crashes. What a legend for example.
I have a fairly old laptop on which I am playing. With What a legend a friend of mine has the exact same crash as me, with a fairly new and good machine.... so not sure there either. SummertimeSaga runs like a charm though. So does Tamaras exposure which both are Ren`Py games..... might be the memory since SummertimeSaga and Tamaras exposure are not that demanding. Again though the friend has the exact same crashes in what a legend with a way better rig than I.

Sage: same ^^

I have encountered this crash in two more spots so far. This time I chose to stay with Bella. And during the DIK Party when Rusty deleted the post of nude Cathy, the crash happens in rustys room while talking to him or clicking the door.
Also in the room with the black couches (their movie room I guess) it happens when I click the arrow in the room to zoom in.

All in all what I don´t get is, why it crashes after I played for this long. I mean Episodes 1-3 went by without a single crash, error or bug. And then suddenly it crashes but not randomly. Only in certain places.... oh well... might just have to accept maybe.
Hmmm... Strange. Because you have some crashes in some uncommon points point of game
I always thought he was American because we'll most European dev have same kind of style and have a lot of grammar mistakes.Plus DPC seems like he actually went to college in America because of how well of an adaptation of us college BADIK is.
It's enough to watch American Pie series and play Bully game and you can do an Well ada
I wasn't aware more unique female characters were added to the game xD and I just played episode 7 some months back. Bloody wanking time I say!
Is the same girl from school flashbacks of MC. The one which left him and moved in SanDiego, surfing and get some tattoos. You saw her in first episodes when MC tells his story to Bella

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Zoey is the mc’s first love and the last face you see at the end of episode 8 (not counting the mc’s dad who is hugging her when she comes to visit).

it seems the entire next update (called “The Interlude” and then something about “Waves”, I can’t remember) is all about her.
Oh hell! I totally forgot her! Cheers for jogging my memory man! How the heck did I completely forget Zoe when she was one of the first mentions early on in the game.

In regards to future episodes, we may extrapolate that Zoe is being brought in to stir the waters or be a part of MCs life if the MC choses or the choice is made for him - what say you? Interlude may mean that much of the main storyline is put on hold for maybe a side-plot? Waves could mean changes or disturbances, conflict even. Hope Zoe is at the heart of it because I would love to see her character being a part of MCs everyday life - especially if she is a potential LI.

Reactions: shazba

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SAVE TO DOWNLOAD?
Yes, but don't yell

Here you go guys. Every save, for every route, for Episodes 1-8 Version 0.8.2. NO mods. Mini games turned ON. All scenes unlocked. All special renders found. All 2D Art purchased/unlocked. All upgrades such as Brawler Skills/Derek Cheats/Magnar Bonuses/Picture Frames and Wallet Quantity unlocked by end of episode 8 for all routes, with the exception of both Dik routes (Magnar Bonuses still remaining). Mansion Repair Completed by end of Episode 8 for all routes. I used "Stevan" as MC's name and "SexyMexican98" for my Swyper/Rooster tag. You can change those with the phone in game as well as Music Favorites/PetNames/Ringtones/Wallpapers. Each folder contains saves for the start of each episode so don't get confused with the "Episode 9 start" saves, there is no Episode 9 yet, just "End of Season 2" saves. All save files contain the following routes.

- Dik Hots and Sides: In this route I pursue Permanent Dik Affinity and Status. I used to pursue Sage as my Love Interest but chose not to commit at the end of Episode 8 in order to keep pursuing every side chick possible. Total Man-Whore.

- Dik Sage Path : In this route I pursue Permanent Dik Affinity and Status. I pursue Sage as my Love Interest. I DO NOT pursue side girls in this route.

- Neutral Maya and Josy: In this route I pursue Neutral Affinity and Status. I also embrace the current throuple relationship with the 2 Lesbian Love Interests, Maya and Josy. I DO NOT pursue any side girls in this route

- Neutral Maya Path: In this route I pursue Neutral Affinity and Status. Even though I'm forced to be in a throuple (for now) I don't engage sexually with Josy in any way if I can help it. Only Maya. I DO NOT pursue any side girls in this route. As of now there is no way to pursue a Solo Route with Maya (I see this route being scrapped in the long run)

- Neutral Josy Path: In this route I pursue Neutral Affinity and Status. Even though I'm forced to be in a throuple (for now) I don't engage sexually with Maya in any way if I can help it. Only Josy. I DO NOT pursue any side girls in this route. As of now there is no way to pursue a Solo Route with Josy (I see this route being scrapped in the long run)

- Chik Jill and Bella: In this route I pursue Permanent Chik Affinity and Status. I pursue the 2 Best-Friend Love Interests, Jill and Bella. . I DO NOT pursue any side girls in this route. I choose to pursue Bella by the end of Episode 8 in hopes of bringing Jill back around (Not likely, I see this route being scrapped in the long run)

- Chik Jill Path: In this route I pursue Permanent Chik Affinity and Status. I pursue only Jill as my Love Interest. I DO NOT pursue any side girls in this route.

- Chik Bella Path: In this route I pursue Permanent Chik Affinity and Status. I pursue only Bella as my Love Interest. I DO NOT pursue any side girls in this route.

- Being a DIK Transfer Saves: These are the saves stated above that will be stored for the new binary come Season 3. If you are unsure where to find/store these saves, then to avoid confusion, it's best to load the "Episode 9 Start" Saves then save the binaries in game when prompted. Your computer will take care of the rest for you.

Side Note for "Dik Sage Path": If it turns out that getting a hand-job from Jade in Episode 3 and Punching Tybalt in Episode 5 (Mind you theses choices were made in the pursuit of Permanent DIK affinity) has negative effects on your future relationship with Sage. Then I will go back and change my choices, I hope you guys won't mind the missing bars at the end of DIK scale but this route is for Sage only. Hopefully nothing will come of these choices since I did not pursue Jade any further after the classroom hand-job. And since you fuck Sage on Tybalt's bed, I'm hoping she won't mind that you pop him in the mouth.

Side Note for Maya/Josy Solo Routes: If it turns out that it's best to "Remain Friends" in Episode 4 and then "Have Feelings For Maya/Josy" in Episode 5 in order to get a proper solo route for Maya/Josy, in the long run, then I will go back and change my choices. But for now, I'll stay in the throuple in order to obtain sex scenes with each girl in their respective route. At this point in the story, it's highly unlikely that we'll be getting our solo routes. I will hold on to these saves in case they're needed for girl specific sex scenes (much like their first threesome) But for everyone that uses my saves, it's probably safe to delete both of them.

Side Note for "Chik Jill and Bella": All context included, this route is likely dead in the water. I will keep it up so everyone has a save they could use to see how the drama unfolds. But other than that, it's probably safe to delete as well. I don't see Jill coming back around, nor do I see Bella letting Jill into their relationship.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I'm bored so let me share with you some of my favorite images of my goth goddess Riona:love:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bonus 1: Come on DPC, we need less Quinn/Riona and more Rio/Cammy

Bonus 2: That's it MC, make clear to these creepy Riona is ours

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Oh hell! I totally forgot her! Cheers for jogging my memory man! How the heck did I completely forget Zoe when she was one of the first mentions early on in the game.

In regards to future episodes, we may extrapolate that Zoe is being brought in to stir the waters or be a part of MCs life if the MC choses or the choice is made for him - what say you? Interlude may mean that much of the main storyline is put on hold for maybe a side-plot? Waves could mean changes or disturbances, conflict even. Hope Zoe is at the heart of it because I would love to see her character being a part of MCs everyday life - especially if she is a potential LI.
Who knows what DPC will have planned for her... But we have to wait lol
interlude_teaser.jpg 1555051_preview1.jpg 1572158_preview2.png preview3.jpg 1606326_34390db38cd9bd2d8cc56c74e59edce4.png 1619647_Interlude_PV4.png

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Reactions: AchedCroissant

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
No fair. This teasing of a new possible LI.... *bites proverbial female lip*
Alright - Riding the Waves I'm fairly sure that Zoe will have a great part in it, or so I hope. Cheers for sharing the info.
According to DPC it could last between 40 to 60 minutes... So it will be a short "episode" compared to the others and it could come out in March if we are lucky

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I'm using a mac computer with my game originally at v0.7.1. I've merged the files of this update into the games folder. Then downloaded and added the walkthrough mod. When I open the game app on my laptop it just doesn't open. Reversed back to the v0.7.1 game and it works once again.
I'm not so sure this patch can be used on the Mac version. This is more than replacing some files in the game folder. Most likely some of those files have necessary equivalents for the Mac version which are not included in the patch because it's for Windows.
Of course, how foolish of me to forget Mac users still need to update the Mac engine files!

Edit: Following the info from PBS666, this has been revised to use the normal Mac BeingADIK.app file structure from Techstar's compressed version, rather than the modified application files from rpdl's original modded release of Being a DIK v0.8.0.

Mac libraries for Being a DIK v0.8: |

In theory if you copy the BeingADIK.app/Contents folder into your existing 0.7.1 BeingADIK.app it should update the application files to the current version. Then if you merge the game folder from the unofficial Windows patch it should work. I know nothing about Mac though, and this is untested, so use at your own risk.

Make sure you keep a backup of your unpatched v0.7.1, so you can roll back to that if it doesn't work.

If it does work please let me know & I'll add it to the unofficial patch post.
It had often been suggested he was from Sweeden, I forget why
I don't know where I first heard DPC is from Sweden, but his & Steam accounts have said he's based in Sweden.

Last edited:
Reactions: always86

Randeep44

Jan 16, 2019
This is usually a result of your client not being whitelisted. I use the latest qbittorrent and it worked just fine.
What? Why? Are you suggesting that the MC looks like a bitch? .. Well, okay, maybe.
It is updated but i am using on ubuntu

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Of course, how foolish of me to forget Mac users still need to update the Mac engine files!

I've pulled the Mac BeingADIK.app and Ren'Py 7.4.10 libraries from rpdl's original modded release of Being a DIK v0.8.0.

Mac libraries for Being a DIK v0.8: |

In theory if you copy the BeingADIK.app and lib folders into the root BeingADIK directory (where the BeingADIK.exe is), then merge the files from the unofficial Windows patch it should work. I know nothing about Mac though, and this is untested, so use at your own risk.

Make sure you keep a backup of your unpatched v0.7.1, so you can roll back to that if it doesn't work.

If it does work please let me know & I'll add it to the unofficial patch post.
Thanks for the effort. Can't test it myself unfortunately as I don't have v071 anymore.

FYI, for the location of the files, on Mac the app is the enclosing folder (apps are folders masquerading as files).
Inside the app there is a folder Contents which contains everything (see screenshot)
The file BeingADIK is the actual executable which starts the game, the equivalent of the Windows exe.
The game folder is identical to the PC version.

BaDIK_structure.png

Reactions: Meushi
4.80 star(s) 1,522 Votes