shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
While the girls are a massive component of the game, the game, by the developers own statement, isn't all about sex.

"There will be a good amount of sexual content in the game, but it's not the main focus."

It's fun conquering new girls (I know there's a line forming behind KRJ - those people may never get their day), but the mc has pretty much tried all the wares now, and it's time for him to make his purchase and move on with the show.

That said, I am still more intrigued to see where the "Quinn path" will take us more so than the other paths. While all the LIs have been fun, I don't see much future potential for interest from them:
  • Bella: What will the future bring? Sitting around sipping wine and eating crackers while reading pretentious novels and being witty? That looks to be the long term prospects, but short term will probably just be dealing with James and however that's going to manifest itself. I personally couldn't give a fuck about that.
  • Jill: While I could totally dig eating sushi every night (and I'm talking about the Japanese dish, but other varieties of such are just as appealing :sneaky:), but apart from anal sex, what's there left to do with Jill? Help her with her campaign? She'd get boring real fast. She's really just a trophy girlfriend for college.
  • Maya: Watch movies and try to get her dad to see the light. Maybe some beer and pizza nights.
  • Josy: Is probably a fun girl, she kinda comes across like she is, but we don't really know what she's into. Skinny dipping, getting drunk in the park, making out with other girls.
  • Sage: She initially seemed like a party girl, but now she's coming across like "all work and no play", and even her partying self was all about trying to deal with being cheated on in the first place.
But:
  • Quinn: Running prostitution rackets, dealing drugs, hanging out hating on other loving couples. Imagine Quinn introducing the mc to her mom; that'd be a barrel of laughs! And they haven't even held hands yet; there's so much room for growth in their relationship!
So yeah, I think the time for choosing between the main LIs is done. Now it's time for the story to kick in, and that story needs to centre around Quinn.

Oh yeah... Zoey... :unsure:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I dont know how i'll go about the interlude but i know for damn sure im replaying game from start to finish when chapter 9 is released so don't bother me none haha.
with 6 months of waiting there is remaking an old run or make a completely new one, but the saves must work, it must be a choice not an obligation.

in the sixth chapter I had to redo almost from scratch the run of Jill, did not work almost no save (normally I do about a save for each chapter)

at the seventh it happened to me for the run with all the LIs together.

in the eighth one I had to redo almost all the saves in the fifth chapter...

good but not great

Reactions: varage

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
While the girls are a massive component of the game, the game, by the developers own statement, isn't all about sex.

"There will be a good amount of sexual content in the game, but it's not the main focus."

It's fun conquering new girls (I know there's a line forming behind KRJ - those people may never get their day), but the mc has pretty much tried all the wares now, and it's time for him to make his purchase and move on with the show.

That said, I am still more intrigued to see where the "Quinn path" will take us more so than the other paths. While all the LIs have been fun, I don't see much future potential for interest from them:
  • Bella: What will the future bring? Sitting around sipping wine and eating crackers while reading pretentious novels and being witty? That looks to be the long term prospects, but short term will probably just be dealing with James and however that's going to manifest itself. I personally couldn't give a fuck about that.
  • Jill: While I could totally dig eating sushi every night (and I'm talking about the Japanese dish, but other varieties of such are just as appealing :sneaky:), but apart from anal sex, what's there left to do with Jill? Help her with her campaign? She'd get boring real fast. She's really just a trophy girlfriend for college.
  • Maya: Watch movies and try to get her dad to see the light. Maybe some beer and pizza nights.
  • Josy: Is probably a fun girl, she kinda comes across like she is, but we don't really know what she's into. Skinny dipping, getting drunk in the park, making out with other girls.
  • Sage: She initially seemed like a party girl, but now she's coming across like "all work and no play", and even her partying self was all about trying to deal with being cheated on in the first place.
But:
  • Quinn: Running prostitution rackets, dealing drugs, hanging out hating on other loving couples. Imagine Quinn introducing the mc to her mom; that'd be a barrel of laughs! And they haven't even held hands yet; there's so much room for growth in their relationship!
So yeah, I think the time for choosing between the main LIs is done. Now it's time for the story to kick in, and that story needs to centre around Quinn.

I think you are referring to life with them "day to day" leaving out subplots and mysteries

being Jill's official boyfriend means facing the social difference between the 2, as much as it was a happy segment even in the dinner with friends the difference was all seen, and MC being portrayed as the poorest of the poor will not be easy.

with Sage we have to publicly affirm what until now has remained quite clandestine, we have to see Sage running towards MC as he did with Chad....

with Bella the evolution of the relationship is much more limited, she will probably remain clandestine until the end, so the only evolution will be to see how the people close to her and MC will take it, the other LIs, Derek etc...

Maya, once freed from the loan, basically becomes a new character that we have never seen, she could also become the VP of HOTs...

Josy, well Josy...she will definitely change her hairstyle....

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I think you are referring to life with them "day to day" leaving out subplots and mysteries

being Jill's official boyfriend means facing the social difference between the 2, as much as it was a happy segment even in the dinner with friends the difference was all seen, and MC being portrayed as the poorest of the poor will not be easy.

with Sage we have to publicly affirm what until now has remained quite clandestine, we have to see Sage running towards MC as he did with Chad....

with Bella the evolution of the relationship is much more limited, she will probably remain clandestine until the end, so the only evolution will be to see how the people close to her and MC will take it, the other LIs, Derek etc...

Maya, once freed from the loan, basically becomes a new character that we have never seen, she could also become the VP of HOTs...

Josy, well Josy...she will definitely change her hairstyle....
Yeah, I was underplaying all the characters in order to talk up Quinn. Yes it was shameless. :eek:

It's interesting to contrast the Bella relationship with the others like you did. Except for Quinn who has issues with PDA, all of the girls will openly show affection to the mc on campus and elsewhere, whereas until Bella is no longer staff at B&R (or the mc graduates or gets kicked out...), they'll be keeping their relationship under wraps, although they are publicly dating after hours which could lead to some trouble.

I think Sage won't go full puppy dog behaviour, doting over the mc like she did in the past with Chad. She's matured a lot since then, and even though she can get wild in the sack, she seems to be a much more sedate person, more aware of her own flaws and how she is perceived. I think we are in store for some angry scenes from Sage when she gets the full picture of what Quinn is up to, and how the mc may or may not be involved.

To me, Maya and Josy were always more interesting separately, so I do hope the game will allow us to take that avenue. In my mind, three is always a crowd, and it's definitely stifled both of their personalities.

Jill is boring as batshit though. Her humor is childish while her aspirations are set and boring. The only thing I'd like to see with Jill (other than anal sex) is the mc dragging her to one of the DIKs parties. Get her out of her element and get her drunk. It could be really fun.

But yeah, Quinn is still definitely where my interests lie. While the mc and Quinn have done more things sexually than he has with the other girls, their emotional link is still very early stages. It's a lot of fun watching Quinn's defences drop, but I hope she still maintains the essence of what makes her Quinn.

Last edited:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
What the fuck... It happened again...
looking for scenes from the saves i found out that i have some saves that don't work.... this story that at every chapter there are saves at risk is not very funny, and the more you go on the less funny it becomes....:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:
So don't cheat ! :KEK:
It's nothing to do with cheating necessarily, though flip-flopping between modded & unmodded games would likely also break saves.

The same thing happens regularly in games which have never been modded, because it's related to how Ren'Py works.

The saves store references to each line in the compiled script. When DPC goes back and edits old code, those references don't match anymore, so Ren'Py has trouble working out where to load.

When this happens, Ren'Py rolls back through the script until it finds something which matches. That's why when you load an old save, it will often load a couple of frames before where you actually saved.

If it can't find anything which matches when rolling back through the script, then you have a broken save (that's why the error message talks about a rollback error). DPC messes with old code often, so this happens a lot in BaDIK.

The trick to avoiding losing a lot of progress through such broken saves, is to save in places where there isn't much preceeding dialogue in the scene, because then there's fewer lines for DPC to mess with in that scene, and more chance Ren'Py will find a match if it needs to roll back.

In BaDIK the free roams are idea for this. Each 'room' is it's own self-contained scene. I've never had a save in the start or end of a free roam become broken later on in BaDIK. So in my runs I save in every free roam, that way there's multiple safe points to kick off from if a bunch of other old saves get broken. Saving in mini-games should also be relatively safe, and saving right at the start of an episode of course.

Last edited:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Bella: What will the future bring? Sitting around sipping wine and eating crackers while reading pretentious novels and being witty? That looks to be the long term prospects, but short term will probably just be dealing with James and however that's going to manifest itself. I personally couldn't give a fuck about that.
I think that the main intrigue of her path is the disclosure of her dark past. The age difference will play a role, but I think she will have the saddest ending of all love interests. In a positive outcome, I see that MС will become a teacher in college.
Jill: While I could totally dig eating sushi every night (and I'm talking about the Japanese dish, but other varieties of such are just as appealing :sneaky:), but apart from anal sex, what's there left to do with Jill? Help her with her campaign? She'd get boring real fast. She's really just a trophy girlfriend for college.
Apparently Jill and MС will face all the difficulties of the relationship. Using the example of Princess Jill, this is the best way to do it. MС and Jill will make mistakes, quarrel, but in the end they will stay together. Unless Jill breaks up with him because the fortune teller predicts a breakup
Maya: Watch movies and try to get her dad to see the light. Maybe some beer and pizza nights.
I just hope that Maya won't take out any more loans. But seriously, Maya and MS will have a pretty happy couple. I see how MС will buy a house and build her own personal cinema, where MС, Maya and three children will watch their favorite movies all day long. It's cute.
Josy: Is probably a fun girl, she kinda comes across like she is, but we don't really know what she's into. Skinny dipping, getting drunk in the park, making out with other girls.
The same as Maya only with Josie you will fuck much more often. She's a fucking nymphomaniac!
Sage: She initially seemed like a party girl, but now she's coming across like "all work and no play", and even her partying self was all about trying to deal with being cheated on in the first place.
Sage liked the threesome! I think once we're in a relationship with her, we'll do a lot of crazy and sexy things with her. Then she will graduate from college and MС will tell everyone that he had a wild girlfriend with whom he fucked on her own brother's bed while her father and mother were at home.
Quinn: Running prostitution rackets, dealing drugs, hanging out hating on other loving couples. Imagine Quinn introducing the mc to her mom; that'd be a barrel of laughs! And they haven't even held hands yet; there's so much room for growth in their relationship!
But you could die of an overdose during a threesome with Quinn and Riona. It's not that bad, yes.

P.S. No war!

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I think that the main intrigue of her path is the disclosure of her dark past. The age difference will play a role, but I think she will have the saddest ending of all love interests. In a positive outcome, I see that MС will become a teacher in college.

Apparently Jill and MС will face all the difficulties of the relationship. Using the example of Princess Jill, this is the best way to do it. MС and Jill will make mistakes, quarrel, but in the end they will stay together. Unless Jill breaks up with him because the fortune teller predicts a breakup

I just hope that Maya won't take out any more loans. But seriously, Maya and MS will have a pretty happy couple. I see how MС will buy a house and build her own personal cinema, where MС, Maya and three children will watch their favorite movies all day long. It's cute.

The same as Maya only with Josie you will fuck much more often. She's a fucking nymphomaniac!

Sage liked the threesome! I think once we're in a relationship with her, we'll do a lot of crazy and sexy things with her. Then she will graduate from college and MС will tell everyone that he had a wild girlfriend with whom he fucked on her own brother's bed while her father and mother were at home.

But you could die of an overdose during a threesome with Quinn and Riona. It's not that bad, yes.

P.S. No war!
This was both wholesome and satirical. I found it a complicated read. :p

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

Testing is going well. We are currently evaluating the save transfer system and haven't encountered any big bugs yet.

Because of the current state, I feel confident enough to announce the release date for the Interlude.

The release dates of Interlude - Riding the Waves here on Patreon are:

interlude_release_twitter.jpg

Huge DIK tier and above (+$25): Friday, March 4

DIK tier and above ($10/$15): Monday, March 7

Mini DIK tier ($5): Friday, March 18

Mini DIK tier information
The Mini DIK tier ($5) will grant access to the base Season 3 game for this release on March 18th. You can patch this version in the future from the Mini DIK tier.

When Episode 9 is released, the base game is found in the DIK tier, and patches will be available from the Mini DIK tier.

Interlude information
The Interlude is the first update of Season 3.

You can expect an hour-long episode focusing on Zoey.

The update is roughly 2.6 GB. This means you will need at least 5.2 GB to unzip the folder.

Furthermore, you will need to have saved at the end of Season 2 to play Season 3. You can play Season 3 using saves from the end of Steam, GOG, and Patreon versions.

This release is for Patreon only. Steam and GOG will get the full Season 3 when it's fully developed.

I hope this information is clear enough. If not, I'll try my best to answer your questions below.

Love

Dr PinkCake

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
but this game won't have harem
Ofcourse not, with the popularity of this game adding a harem would most likely result in WWIII ;)
And harem or not it doesn't change the fact there has to be a balance, a man in a monogamous relation living with his wife and 4 daughters will need to go fish a few days each month just as well, no matter if he doesn't even like fishing. ;)

znar25

Apr 25, 2021

But:

So basically, the whole story could be wrapped up by chapter 10?

seif19

Dec 3, 2020

Testing is going well. We are currently evaluating the save transfer system and haven't encountered any big bugs yet.

Because of the current state, I feel confident enough to announce the release date for the Interlude.

View attachment 1671702

The Mini DIK tier ($5) will grant access to the base Season 3 game for this release on March 18th. You can patch this version in the future from the Mini DIK tier.

When Episode 9 is released, the base game is found in the DIK tier, and patches will be available from the Mini DIK tier.

Interlude information

The update is roughly 2.6 GB. This means you will need at least 5.2 GB to unzip the folder.

Furthermore, you will need to have saved at the end of Season 2 to play Season 3. You can play Season 3 using saves from the end of Steam, GOG, and Patreon versions.

This release is for Patreon only. Steam and GOG will get the full Season 3 when it's fully developed.

I hope this information is clear enough. If not, I'll try my best to answer your questions below.

Love

Dr PinkCake
this does put a smile on my face

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

View attachment 1671702

Interlude information

Love

Dr PinkCake
She's coming
water-cup.gif

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

View attachment 1671702

Interlude information

Love

Dr PinkCake
I think Pink specifically postponed Interlude to next week because of the situation with Ukraine. I talked to him in discord, he was in shock. After all, Sweden is located next to Russia. But on the other hand, testing really took a long time.

Reactions: ddf
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes