Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
For the same reason you don't hear Michael Jackson songs on the radio that much anymore, licensing them for use is ridiculously expensive and not profitable in any way.

But Eric was smart with Voodoo Child, one wrestling hasn't reached it's peak yet, so the Jimi Hendrix Estate had no idea who Eric Bischoff or WCW was, so they agreed to 100k/year, and two - at that point Eric had 300-350 shows a year, so he just pays the 100k upfront and can play the song on every show and PPV. The result? In 1997 WCW turned in a profit of 50-70 million $ range.
The most frustrating thing is that the prices for copyright tracks are exorbitant for indie developers. For example, the Offspring songs are just perfect for the BaDIK vibe. But PinkCake will be forced to pay an annual income for their use.

Reactions: Master5043

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
DIKs, i have a question,
is there any way to cheat in the game or use console commands to get the 2 points necessary from practicing Jill's song and be able to help her at the recital?
I would start from episode 6 but going through the mansion repair again? man, what a chore.
You can use the attached editor to this post (just unzip and run it). Save the game right at the point where Jill says, "(Oh my God... There are so many people in there... It's almost full...)".

Then run the Save Game Editor and open the latest save file, uncheck "Hide Ren'py Dialogs" and search for the following variables:
  • ep4_playedGuitar
  • ep6_diks_guitar_event
  • ep8_diks_guitar_event
and set them to "True" (you only actually need to set 2 of them).

Then choose "Apply Changes" in the editor and then reload your save in the game and you should be good to go.

Alternatively, if you can access the console, at the same point where Jill is freaking out, open the console and type:
  • ep4_playedGuitar = True
  • ep6_diks_guitar_event = True
  • ep8_diks_guitar_event = True
Then continue the game.

Personally, I let her fail, for publicly dumping the mc in the future. :p

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
People seem to misunderstand my post, it seems to have snowballed into something else. It was strictly about income and what happened with the Prophets.
If I recall correctly from reading the post DPC himself had on this, he had written them to get the OK and they took 4 years to respond, at which point they simply said 'no', even though under the terms the songs are licensed, DPC has every right to actually use them. But they said no, and he's respecting that. Probably because they also come from his country, and maybe there's legal worries he wants to avoid.
Odd that it took up to the end of E7 to be an issue. I sure as hell can't waste 20GB of space on my tablet for one VN. Sounds like it's an issue in the Android build too for a couple other people too.
DPC doesn't code his VN to work on Android. He intended it specifically for the PC platform.

Personally, I let her fail, for publicly dumping the mc in the future. :p
But Shazba, if you help her, then Bianca and Amelia will see you being a badass, even if you get dumped. BRANCHING PATHS, BABY!

• Wow
Reactions: shazba

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Odd that it took up to the end of E7 to be an issue. I sure as hell can't waste 20GB of space on my tablet for one VN. Sounds like it's an issue in the Android build too for a couple other people too.
You told us that you merged the 0.8.x patch into the compressed version: this is the problem.

You can't, of course.

Anyway, mods, android and compressed versions aren't made by the Author, therefore as any OP post tells:

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
You told us that you merged the 0.8.x patch into the compressed version: this is the problem.

You can't, of course.

Anyway, mods, android and compressed versions aren't made by the Author, therefore as any OP post tells:

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.
Yeah, I get that. I'm gonna futz around with this a bit longer. Was hoping there was some knowledge floating around out there regarding a fix. If worse comes to worst, I'll put it on my PC and connect to it via the remote desktop.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Jill: I have a present for you hehehe
AchedCroissant: Yes? :love: :love: Wich is the gift? :eek::eek::oops::oops::love::love: (Oh my god, she will finally give me her butthole after 8 episodes of jerking me off thinking about Zoey, it was worth it)
Jill: Here :LOL:... I hope you like it :giggle:
View attachment 2020509
AchedCroissant: Oh Jill hehe I love it when you make that face (DAMN HOW I HATE WHEN YOU MAKE THAT FACE)
View attachment 2020494
AchedCroissant: I'm glad you're my girlfriend I don't think there won't be any blue problems in the future and that I cheat on you with her BTW how is your friend Bianca?
Jill has one advantage over Zoey. You won't have to read a paid advertisement about a dead granny when you tit fuck her. :ROFLMAO:

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
But no, the post he made said nothing about the Friday Prophets asking him for money - he has paid for plenty of songs.
Premiumbeats offer 5 free licensed songs per month at $65 subscription, he is definitely not breaking his wallet with the music so far. On the other hand is less insane than Drifty that was in talks for 10k for someone to make music for his next game, so there's that.

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Listen to this guy 800k is "just fine"...Jesus H:FacePalm: on what freakin' planet you live where 800k is "just fine" and not screaming very RICH... he's making big ass CEO money and this guy says is "just fine"...
what if the guy makes double that every year? maybe he just finds that sum sufficient enough to say it's "just fine", you can live with that

I make much less, but I can still say having 800k per year would be "just fine". a decent amount to fuel my everyday needs. :Kappa:

2 wrong guesses already :BootyTime:

Last edited:

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Nah Sombo... sharing a crappy $30 picture of Jill you paid for is a far far 'graver' sin. DPC was your brother SOMBO! and you broke his heart :KEK: this fake DPC is a nobody compared to your personal betrayal :Kappa:
I keep getting these subliminal messages that somehow, I want to go watch strippers after reading your posts. :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: gamingdevil800
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes