Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough Mod (no cheats) [v0.9.1] [PurrvertedSnowflake]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Samantha KGB69

Apr 1, 2023
Im not 100% sure I understand your problem?

When you dl the mod you should get a RAR file w/the name: Purrverted Snowflake Being a DIK WT Mod 0.8.3 RPYC.rar

When you open it, inside there will be a folder named: 'game'

This is the same name as the 'game' folder w/in the Patreon copy of BAD.

For ex, if your game was installed here: C:\Being a DIK\BeingADIK-0.8.3-pc

Then inside of the 'BeingADIK-0.8.3-pc' folder youd see another folder named 'game'. Copy/Paste the mod 'game' folder on the existing 'game' folder.

Its a WT mod, so it will change the colors/descriptions of the choices you make, as seen in the screen shots linked on the main page. There is no need to 'redo the mod', Im not even sure what that means if Im being honest. If an update ever releases for S1/S2, beyond 0.8.3 then Ill make an update for that.

If youre still confused or have a problem, could you try to state your issue again differently? Id like to help, Im just not sure what the problem is.
For example, when EP 10 of Being a Dik comes out, can I use the same file that I downloaded here, in EP 10? or do i have to wait for you to update it?

May 3, 2022
For example, when EP 10 of Being a Dik comes out, can I use the same file that I downloaded here, in EP 10? or do i have to wait for you to update it?
The current mod up atm is S1/S2 version 0.8.3 & will only work on S1/S2 up to eps8.

When I release the S3 mod (its not out yet) it will include content for Interlude & Eps 9. Im startin the final test tonight for it actually w/11 different Imported PTs to test the mod fully again.

When eps10 releases my Mod will not work w/for eps10 until I release mod for that eps, just like w/any other mod. However your save game will work just fine. You will be able to use your saves from the end of eps9 immediately, my mod simply wont be out yet.

May 3, 2022
Saved Game Files - 5 Core Runs, 15 Save Files for Branching into Eps 9.

See the Spreadsheet Image for relevant explanations on the different saves. For extra details Import a save & open the Bios in the phone for decisions made. I didnt note it in the Spreadsheet but the Quiet Nice Guy run has zero negative RP. So hes at 0 or higher for all groups such as the Jocks, Preps & Nerds.

Install the file BeingADIKSeason2Transfer1366998845
into the folder: C:\Users\(your user name here)\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\persistent

5 Runs 15 Saves.png 5 Runs 15 Saves Explained.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrich
May 3, 2022
9.1 Beta Mod

You should use the RPYC version for playin.
The RPY I threw in for anyone who wants to quickly look at the code w/o havin to unpack it all.

So I tested this previously extensively & finally got to playin 9.1 again. The only errors I found were a few minor things in the Task List & I added in a note about the hidden event w/the guy peein'. But I did not get a chance to do a full 3rd sweep through the MGs.

But its also takin me too long to get around to it so Im uploadin my unofficial Beta of 9.1 in case anyone wants to try it. As always w/mods, backup yours saves before usin a mod. Normal disclaimer warnin about makin saves at decisions/choices, dont do it. Make saves before them.

May 3, 2022
I finished my last pass on S1/S2 before Eps 10 releases. Im going to take a short break & then start running my saves through Eps 9 to prep them for Eps 10 release day. Assuming nothing goes wrong Ill do a full upload on the main page of the 9.1 Mod. There is only 1 addition (1-2 lines of code) in the back of my head to add to it currently. So I expect that to be finished w/in the next few days.

Sorry it took so long to get 9.1 finished, but it was a huge learning process to get to this point. And its always been a passion project I work on when I have the time, but RL gets in the way sometimes. Creating the mod from scratch after Interlude was already out, learning it all never coding before & tackling 8 1/2 episodes was a lot of work for my 1st ever mod project.

Ive updated the Save Files for Import into S3 as well to include all 15 Saves I have made.

May 3, 2022
Found an error which prevented the appearance of Josy & Maya in some Branches in upper main room at the end of 3rd free roam.
This fixes the issue. Just overwrite.

May 3, 2022
I just finished Load/Import testing. This did delay my MG testing of eps9, but I think it was time I went back & did a brand new pass on this. Using your saves day 1 of a new episode in an unmodded game is one of the bigger selling points of this mod after all.

TLDR: It works as advertised for End of Episode saves. The saves from my Modded version of BAD at the End of Episode screens continue on into the next Episode w/o any issues.

I loaded 50 different End of Episode saves (no duplicates) in an Unmodded version of S1/S2 8.3 BAD w/o any issues. I was able to continue into the next Episode w/o any issues/crashes/errors. Worked as advertised Im happy to say.

The one oddity I ran across was that End of Episode 1 & 2 (10 total saves) both started slightly before the End of Episode screen. End of Episode 1 started at Maya climbing into bed w/MC. End of Episode 2 started w/Tommy in Diablo mask at Hell Week Board. This occurs in both the modded & unmodded copy of BAD. However I was able to then go through to the End of Episode & continue into the next Episode w/o any errors/crashes/problems.

I then Imported 15 saves into BAD 9.1 starting both at Interlude & Skip Interlude. Zero issues to report. No oddities, no errors, no crashes.

Now all of that said, I have previously experienced some issues, sometimes extreme errors when I tried loading saves from a modded version of the game in the middle of an episode into an unmodded game.

I cannot stress enough, this is a TERRIBLE IDEA. If you get errors doing that I will likely not be able to help you bc youre doing something Im telling you upfront is probs gonna cause errors I cant predict.

So theres 2 rules to the mod now:
  • You should never make save points at decisions/choices that you have to select.
  • You should never load any save from My Mod into an unmodded version of Being a DIK unless its at the End of Episode Screen.

If you do for some reason experience some kind of Rollback Error (I have not in my testing) I've also included a Rollback Extender under the Extras section of the OP.

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
9.1 is officially released. If you experience any bugs or errors pls report them so I can look for them. I've extensively tested the mod at this point for months on end so hopefully that will not be the case.

OP & download links should all be fully updated.
Great work! That's exactly what I prefer as a mod.

Jan 31, 2022
I wonder if it would be possible to make arrows always visible in freeroam mode? That would be a nice quality of life improvement if that's something you might be interested in adding.

May 3, 2022
I wonder if it would be possible to make arrows always visible in freeroam mode? That would be a nice quality of life improvement if that's something you might be interested in adding.
Out of curiosity why would you want that? I messed w/Scrappy Mod about 2 wks after 9.1 dropped bc I had lost my saves right before 9.1 released. I saw the permanently up Arrows & didnt care for it myself. Especially now since I started a library of specific screenshots for different things from in game.

Jan 31, 2022
I also think I used that mod before yours and I loved that feature. The reason why I like it so much is because it makes multiple replays (different paths) of the game so much easier/quicker. There is so much content in the game that it is extremely frustrating trying to navigate through free-roams. Basically visible arrows help with navigation to speed up the free-roam and get to the actual content.

May 3, 2022
I also think I used that mod before yours and I loved that feature. The reason why I like it so much is because it makes multiple replays (different paths) of the game so much easier/quicker. There is so much content in the game that it is extremely frustrating trying to navigate through free-roams. Basically visible arrows help with navigation to speed up the free-roam and get to the actual content.
So would you say then that its more about eps9 specifically bc of its format? Not a freeroam in general wish for all eps?

Jan 31, 2022
Not only ep9, but yeah you are right it's especially useful for ep9. I recently replayed all the routes from start (for each girl), and even with mini-games disabled and skipping most of the known dialogue, it took me 1 day for every individual route. Most of the time is wasted on freeroams.

May 3, 2022
I dont think Id want that as a core part of the mod since part of the design is to be non-intrusive. However I can see how eps9 specifically might warrant it. Lemme think about it. Im on a bit of a break, but at the minimum Im already leanin towards making an 'extra addon' to the mod that would do that for you for eps9. If I dont need to create visual assets & can figure out how to highlight them on Ill probs make it.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes