Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough Mod (no cheats) [v0.9.1] [PurrvertedSnowflake]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes
May 3, 2022
Interlude 2.PNG

Overview:

Your End of Episode Save Files will work Day 1 of any new Being A DIK release. This is a zero-Cheat Walk Through mod designed to keep you immersed w/in the game instead of being distracted. Only the Permutation choices that are relevant to your current run will appear. Information missing from the the Official WT is included and your Status will update properly.

Also an English Test bypass is included in the mod & an option to only download the English Cheat bypass w/o my mod.

Updated: 6/5/23
Game/Creator: Being a DIK /
Modder: Purrverted Snowflake (aka Snow)
Mod Version: 0.9.1
Game Version: 0.9.1
Language: English

Features:
  • Relevant Choice Permutations: If you will lose RP w/a MG, such as when making a joke w/Isabella, while you are DIK Affinity/Status then the text will appear in red. However if you are playing w/o DIK Affinity/Status then the text will not change color. This ensures freedom of choice while also only telling you information that is relevant to that run.
  • Consistent Status Updates: Your Status will be updated after any decision made that affects Status, displayed in the Phone. The only exception to this is some instances of Status change that occur in Text or Rooster. This also corrects issues w/going over +20/-20 Massive Status that counted adversely against the player before a Status update occurs.
  • Includes all Gains/Losses I could find: I found that the code revealed there were several instances where Status or RP changes occurred w/o the Official WT ever mentioning them. Because of this I've gone out of my way to indicate every gain or loss I could find in the code.
  • Avoids all current Mod Detection by DPC: This mod doesn't change save files. The mod uses no Cheats, adds no new files, and adds no new variables. This allows it to bypass the current mod detection methods used by DPC. I've played the game through all of S1/S2 (v0.8.3) & Interlude + Eps 9 (v0.9.1) w/o any problems.
  • End of Episode Saves always work: Because my mod never makes any changes to the save files, the End of Episode save files are instantly/always ready for any update or episode release even if DPC eventually decides to find a way to specifically target my mod. This also means you never have to wait for an updated release of this mod when DPC releases the latest eps. (see Known Issues for saves not at End of Episode)
  • Color Coded Text: When possible the mod uses color coding to indicate the results of a choice. However when instances occur where I judge it may be confusing as to where the gain/loss may occur, I've entered text explaining the result.
  • Backwards Compatible: A misuse of semantics but you get the point. For example, the Tyballs Rooster account has a specific RP award in Eps 9. Due to this the choice at the specific Tyballs related Cluck in Eps 6 has a RP notification on it even though the RP isn't awarded until Eps 9. Other simpler instances like Intervening with Chad Eps 1 note the RP award at the time even though the RP isn't given until Eps 8. This is so you can make the proper decisions at the correct time.
  • Test Answers Included: You may consider this a cheat, but I don't. Either way the test answers are included for English, Math, & Gender Studies. The English button "Cheat" button that normally appears in game will now automatically answer all of the English test answers for you with 1 click. This counts as a Perfect score and that MC cheated on the test for +1 DIK status. Why? The English test sucks. That's why. Nuff said.
  • Skip Interlude Permutations: The Skip Interlude now has 4 additional options (6 total) that can normally only be attained by playing through the Interlude. This is not a Cheat or something new. These options already exist in the game. I have simply made them available at Skip Interlude. (see the FAQ for an explanation)
Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Change-Log:

WT Explanations:

FAQ:

Known Issues:

Season 1 & Season 2 v0.8.3
You should never make save points at decisions/choices that you have to select.

Download: - -

Season 3 v0.9.1

Download: - - - F95 9.1 Download

1 Click English Test 100% Perfect Only

Download: English Test 100% Perfect Only

Extras
Multiple Mods do not work together. Alternatives to my mod are just that. Alternatives.

Interlude 2.PNG phone 2.PNG phone 1.PNG Permutation Jade 1.PNG Permutation Jade 2.PNG choices 7.png choices 8.png choices 1.PNG choices 3.PNG choices 5.PNG choices 6.PNG choices 9.PNG tutorial 1.PNG tutorial 2.PNG tutorial 3.PNG tutorial 4.png S3 major choice.PNG screenshot0005.png screenshot0072.png test english.png test math.png code ex backwards compatibility.PNG code example.PNG code ex S3 tc points.PNG

If you like or appreciate this mod please consider giving a Review.

Last edited:

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Will this work if you got other mods already installed into the game?

Or do you have to download the game again for a clean install?

May 3, 2022
Will this work if you got other mods already installed into the game?

Or do you have to download the game again for a clean install?
Answered in FAQ. My intent was never to make my mod work w/other mods specifically bc I wanted a No Cheat mod that would have saves that always worked w/o issue. To details tho.

I never used Sanchos mod. I just poked around in it some to see how he did things. Gave me a much deeper appreciation for the work effort her puts into his mods btw. But as I said Ive never tried them together nor did I design mine to work w/his so Id expect problems.

With Scrappy our mods would be overwritin each others files for sure. So youd be losin all kinds of changes he or I made. It is possible to install Scrappy first & then mine after to get the Cheat access. That works bc I wanted to test some variable changes w/o console in game quickly on single saves. But I never did full tests to see where things would break down on a full play through. So Id expect there to be problems. For instance many of his 'harem options' or 'See Both' would be just gone entirely.

Reactions: neymarhexa

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I used the cheat mod so I could turn off the mini games and wouldn't have to go through them all again with my other save routes. Just asking cause the game takes long enough even when using the skip feature, without it takes a few days, especially with doing all the routes as well.

May 3, 2022
It appears the errors I experienced were due to me changing my own mod constantly, updatin it as I found things I had missed.

It explains why the few users who have tried the mod so far have not experienced the error I was bc they were usin 1 version while mine was in constant flux.

Combined w/makin saves at specific choices where I changed the code this contributed to the rollback errors I received. I reached out for some advice from Sancho1969 & I am currently workin on a retest of the mod & only usin RPYC files instead of the loose RPY files I have currently uploaded.

This will not only reduce the risk of errors but will make the game load faster as well. I'll update the page once I've gone through all of this on at least 2+ PTs & can recheck the 9.1 version to make sure I didnt miss anythin.

May 3, 2022
Two extras for BAD users. These do not in any way require my mod.

Friday Prophets Restore for BAD 0.8.3: Contains the original 8.2 music to restore the S1/S2 music to the original soundtrack. This is specifically for S1/S2 0.8.3 & I did not ever look at or attempt using it on any version outside of 0.8.3.

Install: Place the "game" folder from the RAR in your BAD install directory where the BAD "game" folder is located. Overwrite if necessary, but this shouldn't be needed unless you've messed w/your copy of BAD already. This is just like you would install a mod.

Be aware this is not technically a Mod. This places the loose music files from 8.2 into the 8.3 game. There is no script/code included in this.

Increase your Rollback Limit to 512: This significantly increases the limit on how far you can rollback w/in the game. It does this & only this. It does not remove Rollback Limits that DPC placed w/in the code or anything else. It should also work w/in both S1/S2 0.8.3 & also S3 and future updates. Thanks to Sancho1969 for this.

Install: Extract the file called "RENAME THIS FILE TO ANYTHING.rpyc". This is inside the "game" folder w/in this RAR file. You could install the file as is & it will work properly. However adding any new file/variable to a mod is a potential handle that DPC can code for to brick your game in the future. That is why I did not include it with the mod & I recommend you rename it to whatever you prefer so DPC cannot target the file. The name of the file does not matter, you could name it boo boo face if you wanted to. Just place it directly into the "game" folder of your BAD game.

Last edited:
May 3, 2022
Mansion 250K Achievement Guide

Mansion 250K Achievement Guide 1 of 2.PNG Mansion 250K Achievement Guide 2 of 2.PNG

Edited in 3/5/23: WT Guide based upon Rendersen's original work: . I shared this link/page & the conversation here w/Rendersen. He is aware of it.

Last edited:
May 3, 2022
RPYC format released w/2 minor indicator updates. S1/S2 testing is finished.

Interlude tests are done for S3. I hope to finish S3 9.1 testing w/in the next week before releasing it here.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
May 3, 2022
It's always best to credit the source, in this case fakitap who created the information and shared it in the post found here. Otherwise, the way you have it posted, appears as though you are taking credit for creating and sharing the information. Just and FYI on courtesy and best practices... as I'm sure you would hope someone else would do for you. Kind regards.
This is not my source nor is mine a 1:1 copy. I based it off of . Now if you're saying he stole it from Fakitap I've got no idea. But I've never seen that post by Fakitap before you linked it here.

Should I have cited Rendersen? In hindsight yes. However I honestly don't think to share the original when ppl have asked me for the Mansion WT I use. Ive not gone to that original post in months & had to search for it just to link it here.

Out of sight out of mind isnt a great excuse, but I'm choosing to be honest rather than make up some bull shit excuse.

By the 2nd round mine deviates instantly as an example:
  • MC (90/90/52) (Rendersen source info)
  • MC 65 / 65 / 50 ( 18 / 18 / / 3 ) (My info)
Im not profiting off of any of this. Im sharing my work & other ppls work in the Extras section as appreciation/help. Theres no nefarious plot here to take credit for someone else's work.

I wouldnt have cited/linked to other people's original work & then 'stolen' just some of it if that was where I was going w/this.

May 3, 2022
It's always best to credit the source, in this case fakitap who created the information and shared it in the post found here. Otherwise, the way you have it posted, appears as though you are taking credit for creating and sharing the information. Just and FYI on courtesy and best practices... as I'm sure you would hope someone else would do for you. Kind regards.
Im not sure I put it across well & didnt want to edit the original reply. But thanks for taking the time to respond here & point out my mistake.

If I was brusque it was more due to being taken aback, annoyed at myself for not citing Rendersen (whom I've already msg'd on reddit) & not bein sure what to do when it felt like I was seen as stealing from someone. Thanks for your time.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This is not my source nor is mine a 1:1 copy. I based it off of . Now if you're saying he stole it from Fakitap I've got no idea. But I've never seen that post by Fakitap before you linked it here.

Should I have cited Rendersen? In hindsight yes. However I honestly don't think to share the original when ppl have asked me for the Mansion WT I use. Ive not gone to that original post in months & had to search for it just to link it here.

Out of sight out of mind isnt a great excuse, but I'm choosing to be honest rather than make up some bull shit excuse.

By the 2nd round mine deviates instantly as an example:
  • MC (90/90/52) (Rendersen source info)
  • MC 65 / 65 / 50 ( 18 / 18 / / 3 ) (My info)
Im not profiting off of any of this. Im sharing my work & other ppls work in the Extras section as appreciation/help. Theres no nefarious plot here to take credit for someone else's work.

I wouldnt have cited/linked to other people's original work & then 'stolen' just some of it if that was where I was going w/this.
Easy there Tiger... I never said nor implied you stole from anyone... please calm down. It was given as professional advice with zero malicious or sarcastic intent. I'll refrain from spontaneous assistance and consultation in the future but remember, it was you who reached out to me. I was indeed only guiding your efforts proper. Regards.

May 3, 2022
Easy there Tiger... I never said nor implied you stole from anyone... please calm down. It was given as professional advice with zero malicious or sarcastic intent. I'll refrain from spontaneous assistance and consultation in the future but remember, it was you who reached out to me. I was indeed only guiding your efforts proper. Regards.
That would be why I wrote the 2nd msg which also said "...not bein sure what to do when it felt like I was seen as stealing from someone."

Considering you'd likely not be the only one to see the 250K guide & think it came from somewhere else, I appreciate your 'spontaneous advice'. Now its cited as it should have been from the start.

When I reached out to you Id hit wall after wall by that point. It means a lot to me that you took the time to stop & help me. Its not anger w/you. Its frustration w/myself wanting to make sure I'm not burning bridges or pissing you off. So thanks.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That would be why I wrote the 2nd msg which also said "...not bein sure what to do when it felt like I was seen as stealing from someone."

Considering you'd likely not be the only one to see the 250K guide & think it came from somewhere else, I appreciate your 'spontaneous advice'. Now its cited as it should have been from the start.

When I reached out to you Id hit wall after wall by that point. It means a lot to me that you took the time to stop & help me. Its not anger w/you. Its frustration w/myself wanting to make sure I'm not burning bridges or pissing you off. So thanks.
I'm not pissed bud... being a redneck I was born with very thick skin. It's hard to "hear" tone of a conversation in typed posts so things can get wonky from time to time with misunderstandings. After all... we're human and truly meant to have conversations in person... communication via characters/letters is simply a way to fill a void when distances are too great for the former to be practical but usually leaves the tone to be interpreted which has always been a problem. Internet is overwhelmed with misunderstandings of true intent... and some not misunderstood as well of course. :ROFLMAO:

May 3, 2022
1 Button English Test 100% Perfect (S1/S2 v0.8.3)

At any rank of Cheat (w/Derek's store or w/o) you click the Cheat button on the English test DPC put in the game & you get a 100% Perfect. No modification of your save files, no new variables added to the game, no new files that don't already exist w/in DPCs BAD & no Console commands needed.

I left in the answers at the top in case players were looking to get a specific score & still wanted to manually enter their answers.

Install: Place the Game folder into the BAD folder where the Game folder already exists. Done.

test english.png

Other Mods Notes: This will work w/my mod for sure if you already have my mod. I've not tested it w/other mods or looked to check the compatibility either. So use w/other mods besides my own at your own risk.

Save File Variables Notes: Currently there's no known negative outcome for using the Cheat option on tests in BAD. These variables are not carried over into your save file when Importing to S3 as far as I can tell. This uses the DPC Cheat button so the 2 variables english_cheat 1/0 & english_cheat_done 1/0 will of course go to 1 since that is the intended design of using DPCs Cheat option in game.

Last edited:

neymarhexa

Jul 28, 2022
you did what I always wanted, just the "walkthrouth", without cheat. I tried to create a "mod" like this, with the help of chatgpt, but I couldn't, because I don't understand much about python, the only thing I know about python is what I use to translate games. if you have discord i would love to talk to you about this mod of yours if you want obviously.

Samantha KGB69

Apr 1, 2023
I'm feeling dumb, I didn't understand how this mod works. because I downloaded the files and they are "copies" of game files, only modified, so that way you will always have to redo the "mod"? with each update... open the game files, look for the variables, put the variables on the side of the choice with different colors, etc. I thought the mod would do this automatically for you. but that's what I understood, if you want and can explain it to me better, I would appreciate it

May 3, 2022
you did what I always wanted, just the "walkthrouth", without cheat. I tried to create a "mod" like this, with the help of chatgpt, but I couldn't, because I don't understand much about python, the only thing I know about python is what I use to translate games. if you have discord i would love to talk to you about this mod of yours if you want obviously.
My discord is: PurrvertedSnowflake#5472
My reddit is:

Though to be fair Ive got zero experience w/Chat GBT outside of watching YT videos of other ppl using it. So take the offer w/a grain of salt.

Last edited:
May 3, 2022
I'm feeling dumb, I didn't understand how this mod works. because I downloaded the files and they are "copies" of game files, only modified, so that way you will always have to redo the "mod"? with each update... open the game files, look for the variables, put the variables on the side of the choice with different colors, etc. I thought the mod would do this automatically for you. but that's what I understood, if you want and can explain it to me better, I would appreciate it
Im not 100% sure I understand your problem?

When you dl the mod you should get a RAR file w/the name: Purrverted Snowflake Being a DIK WT Mod 0.8.3 RPYC.rar

When you open it, inside there will be a folder named: 'game'

This is the same name as the 'game' folder w/in the Patreon copy of BAD.

For ex, if your game was installed here: C:\Being a DIK\BeingADIK-0.8.3-pc

Then inside of the 'BeingADIK-0.8.3-pc' folder youd see another folder named 'game'. Copy/Paste the mod 'game' folder on the existing 'game' folder.

Its a WT mod, so it will change the colors/descriptions of the choices you make, as seen in the screen shots linked on the main page. There is no need to 'redo the mod', Im not even sure what that means if Im being honest. If an update ever releases for S1/S2, beyond 0.8.3 then Ill make an update for that.

If youre still confused or have a problem, could you try to state your issue again differently? Id like to help, Im just not sure what the problem is.

neymarhexa

Jul 28, 2022
My discord is: PurrvertedSnowflake#5472
My reddit is:

When I started out next to no one would help me. Out of everyone the 2 big ppl who made a difference for me were King Corrosiv & Sancho1969. So if I can help you, Ill try. Pass it on, ya know? :)

Though to be fair Ive got zero experience w/Chat GBT outside of watching YT videos of other ppl using it. So take the offer w/a grain of salt.
I sent you an invite on Discord

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes