Ren'Py - Being Super [v0.20c Light] [Sandman Games and Art]

1. 5.00 star(s)

maryberry

This game has a lot of potential. As of 0.18.3b there's still room for more content. The story is engaging, the models look good ( might be a matter of taste but Nikki for example looks very nice, whereas some of the sidegirlslook just ok) and you have a lot of freedom in how to handle a situation - creating quite an interesting gameplay.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Lali_Biloh98

inittially didnt like this game but most of my problems were coming form the mod instead of the actual game! God game. I want to see nina and miranda more as they were removed from the recent release but dev said they will be back. god know when.

A whole bunch of superpowers, most games have 2 options whereas this game literally has like 5!!!
    Renders are hot! animations are good too. kinda short but thee are lots of branching pathss!
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

Being Super [ v0.18.1b ]

Good game with nice story. Good renders. At the initial parts of the game some backgrounds are blurry, sometimes girls got weird facial expressions, and during transitions there is a blurry screen. But later in the game you can see render quality is increasing and these problems being solved. Good part of the game is story plot. Very much liked it. In other games there is mostly two choices but here there will be 4 choices. Some are for hero path and some for villain path. There is level for flirty, intelligence,humor etc. So you need to increase these levels for gaing more relationship points with girls. You can't increase all at the same time. So you won't get full RP points with girls. And higher your flirty levels Mc flirting became more cringe though. But I don't mind it. Well it's funny. And there is also powers you can unlock using your exp. So I recommend you to use mod for getting full game experience. Gameplay is comparatively short.

Overall I loved the game. Keep up the good work dev looking forward to next updates.

:coffee:
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Jdsiis

Intruiging story revolving around superpowers / superheroes with good and bad guys. High quality renders with attractive women. Lots of choices and powers to use. Not a ton of content yet, but it is really promising. Definitely one to keep an eye out for!
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Legend 123

It has the potential to be one of the best games in this site. Everything about it is good like story, characters, etc. There is only one thing i do not like about this game is the differentiation between hero and villain path in the game. Everytime i say something nice or do something nice for the other characters, i have to worry about my hero score going up if i want to go to villain route. Instead of this, give the choice to player if they want to be hero or villain ingame( like what is the endgame of our character). So that no one has to worry about the points. This problem is the sole reason why i gave this 4 star instead of 5.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

elm0

review based on 0.18.1 version
    PRO:
    - good cg
    - not bad code
    - all important choices saved in variables(its mean save compatibility)
    - some story present
    - very good game mechanic
    - mc can be not only pathetic hero- mc can be also comical/harsh villain and its not decoration- sometimes u ll got different interaction, depending on ur previous actions
    CONS:
    - some bugs like missing pics and nikki_Attraction instead Nikki_Attraction
    - looks like dev have some problems cuz code some releases ago have labels like Awkward_Quest_10(name of quest and their scene number), but now new labels looks like sdfsdfsdfsdfsds_nikki... i worry about the author...
    - scripts need serious rework. i mean- reactions, interactions, actions etc better store bunch of variables like Nikki_VillainActionsWitnessed or Nikki_Action_Witness_03 etc in objects like Nikki.Villian and Nikki.VillianW[3]. thats mean not only good code structure, dev can get rid of some **** like character panel code part...

in current stage game not so big, but good work piece for future development rly good game
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Eh Yo Fish

The positives include:
    -The game does look very beautiful
    -The females are extremely attractive
    - Adult content is good compared to the amount of stuff
    -Plot is quite good so far
    -I adore superheroes and X-men
    -massive MASSIVE branches of paths

The less favourable:
    -Animations are of high quality, but there are relatively few of them;
    -Occasionally, too subtle

But good luck to the developer.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

dawqsfasdfasfas

I don't usually give reviews , but I think this game has a lot of potential , congratulations to the dev and may he keep up the good work and delivering quality content in his time .
    beautiful models , renderings and animations , and personally I like the sandbox of this game .
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Kaasje404

Man the flirting/romance in this game is so atrociously bad that it is actually funny. (i dont mean this in a sarcastic way) I dont feel like the dev is even trying with the romance witch is honestly better than trying and failling. Now we at least can have a laugh.

While that was fun and all, the game is only worth three stars to me. The storyline does not really interest me that much, there are some characters in the game that we interact with that just do not matter and could have been left out of this game entirely. The character that do matter come of as superfucial due to a lack of thoughts wich creates a lack of depth.

Graphics are average maybe even a little above average, the music is not always fitting but hey you cant have everything. It was definitely nice to have a 'fast travel' button for players who dont really like sandbox (me). A mediocre game, therefore 3 stars.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

ErinJeggar

Had potential as the girls look great but the gui is very very cumbersome. It feels extremely counter intuitive. Also grindy and bug filled. It stops being fun after some time playing and I don't think I will continue. Maybe when i run out of options I might come back. Waste of time.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Peter the Great

Well, the game is very well made. Lots of love went into making it. I had more fun playing this game, than Fallout 76. 5/5 for originality, models, story, and choices.
    One of the more interesting games on here. there are multiple ways to play. i wonder if mybe the devs changed this to a VN, devlelopment would get easier and updates more frequent.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

cyberkidvjj

For One I dont give reviews... but after playing this game.. i had to find it and Write a Review...
    TheGame is just awesome, good RPG,looks fun without even Adult content .
    Keep Going Dev. Please make the Updates regular and good content.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

6U1YA3V

the game is great in terms of models, animations, abilities and upgrades.

However, Id advise to cut on sandbox amount and EXP as it leads to unnecessary grind and game breaking bugs. WOuld be easier to make VN and more enjoyable for players
  14. 5.00 star(s)

BadamMan91

Good game, i like how dev is active on here and listens to advice. The story is awesome and i was not expecting much when i started playing. I like the skill tree system which makes me want to go back and click on the other options when i ply. I was expecting a grindfest but surprisingly there is no significant grind. Reminds me of Smallville which is a show i used to love. renders are good and animations are okay too.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 396172

My Reaction for this game : Hot milfs

★ Gameplay : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ Story : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ Spelling : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ renders : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ Animations: ✭✭✭✰✰
    ★ Potential : ✭✭✭✭✭
    ★ Overall : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ Girls physique : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ Graphic : ✭✭✭✭✰
    ★ Creativity :✭✭✭✭✰

Note :
    The only problem every update we get low content , two different MC plus the paths making the game progress very low .

the developer need to found a solution.

Anyway definitely u should try it .

◉ All the best to the developer .
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Invalid

The renders and animations are one of the best I've seen. Very story driven it's very detailed without getting overbearing. You can really see the amount of work and time that has been put into this game.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Donald_Punch

Great game with a great story which is unfortunately something that probably only a handful of the devs here can achieve. The sexy situations might be a little on the slower side, but the build-up it creates as a consequence is really good. The game gives you a lot of options and includes a lot of RPG elements, which is relieving when you consider the current state of Ren'py based games. It contains fantastic music and sound design which contribute positively to the overall state of the game. I like how if you are not sure about a character there is a specifically designed menu with everything in the game. The thing which impressed me the most is that this game has a skill tree and speech checks. I want to know of another game RENPY game that has this. I found the humour options to be hilarious.

Cons
    • Does not have a lot of HOT SEXY content.
    • I am waiting for proper incest patch as this game uses step-cest (probably because of Patreon).
    • The turn based combat can be improved and I thank god that it is optional!
    • game uses same files for bit dark skin AND light skin which results in bloated file size. I want dev to have separate versions for each skin color which will reduce file size.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

tbag54

Played this game a while ago (few weeks i think) and i finally got round to reviewing it.

The good:
    - The music: lots of tracks.
    - Story and dialogue: well conveyed and even better written. i think the dialogue is very good.
    - animations are great.
    - choices: the amount of branching paths in this game is staggering!
    - characters: well written and beautifully rendered.
    - rpg: you can choose skin colour, skill tree's, speech checks! well implemented.

The Other:
    UI is okay but could be better.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

choiebears

Great story interesting renders, well thought out plot. I think the fight and leveling system might be a bit too complicated, but thats just nit picking, otherwise this is a pretty impressive build. Hope to see more from this content creator in the future
  20. 4.00 star(s)

mario1994

I won't say its a super game per se but its not bad too. It has some fun things to play around with but I can guess that dev hopped on a too big a project to properly manage and make. With too much stuff to consider like powers, strenght and all kinds of stats to remember.. It gets confusing and add insult to injury GUI looks terrible. Menegeable but terrible. It appears that dev is still has much learning to do yet he tried to tackle this BIG PROJECT.. There are 2 or 4 good points to this game.
    1. Choices matter.
    2. You can try to win arguments with proper talking and not by using powers
    3. Points added to certain skills give nice benefits
    4. Renders.. lets admit it. If those looked any similar to how GUI looks then I wouldn't even try this game.

Biggest flaw of this game is how small are updates and how little is being added over time, add to it that Dev decided to make a damn big game with this many choices to consider and implement. Besides that.. dark character and light character. I don't know why he implemented both... It would be wiser to make 2 games then. One with ligh skinned dude and second with dark skinned. Then we wouldn't need to download assets with either of them included at the same time. It would reduce game size and possibly make life easier for Dev because now he needs to add variable to each scene in which our protag appears.. Which might not make much difference to expirienced dev but for a beginner it might add workload. Just my idea.