• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Abandoned Bend or Break 2 [v0.69] [Gunsmoke Games]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

MadMax9611

May 17, 2017
Its not abandoned guys gunsmoke is still working on the artwork outside of the time he is spending on the artwork of SU. He was working on korra in his latest stream.

MadMax9611

May 17, 2017
Just realized, did he mention anything on the stream about the state/upcoming releases of BoB2?
He showed the standing art for a lot of different characters from the korra series (Lin beifong, asami, young katara) hes been busy for sure. he didnt mention any specific date only that with the content that he has finished already ''you could probably put together a small game''. He also said he wants to put the game out when its all finished so no monthly updates like SU. give or take i'd say we will have to wait for another 2-3 years before its finished. But from what i saw on stream, the art he showed is STUNNING so it will most likely be worth the wait.

Reactions: Tebix

EatBootyIDo

Apr 7, 2021
I think he updated Korra's design slightly on the left reference picture. The abs look really and more sculpted as opposed to airbrushed on. Nice

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
SR7 is great at evoking the original style but I think he needs to lean in more here.
I've noticed it over on SU that he's been getting softer and softer with the shading since the early stuff and it looks a bit muddy in some of the images. It's kind of okay when emulating Bruce Timm since a lot of Timm's art has more form and shading when he does still images and pin-ups than the DC animated shows had, but in the case of LoK, I think flattening out the image with harder cell shading like the show had would have been a better choice.
Just an observation and nitpick, by the way, I'm still hyped to see where this goes and still love SR7's art.

EatBootyIDo

Apr 7, 2021
He showed the standing art for a lot of different characters from the korra series (Lin beifong, asami, young katara) hes been busy for sure. he didnt mention any specific date only that with the content that he has finished already ''you could probably put together a small game''. He also said he wants to put the game out when its all finished so no monthly updates like SU. give or take i'd say we will have to wait for another 2-3 years before its finished. But from what i saw on stream, the art he showed is STUNNING so it will most likely be worth the wait.
Hmm I've been perusing the stream recording and I don't really see the standing art. Could someone post them here? I might just be being an idiot

EatBootyIDo

Apr 7, 2021
Ik canonically Korra is the only one who's particularly/specifically fit/strong but I'd love to see SR7 incorporate that look into another one of the ladies, maybe Kuvira or something.

Reactions: zenzaxaznez

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
And there it is, as I feared. Pity this would have been a better game than SU.
It's not really abandoned exactly.

The way the forum works is if there isn't an official announcement somewhere regarding progress being made after a certain amount of time it gets the tag. Things come back surprisingly often after devs have just been shit at keeping people up to date with what they're doing.

Regarding this game though, SR7 (the artist) has either been spotted working on assets on Picarto streams or shown off some stuff elsewhere. I'm not sure which, I read it here in this thread but forgot lol. Either way, it's still being worked on.
However, unlike their other game (Something Unlimited) that gets somewhat frequent periodic updates released, they also supposedly said no other versions of this game will be released until it's a finished game. And unfortunately, that could be a long way off.
Something Unlimited takes priority, which is fair since they started that before this, so we could be waiting a while.

edit - It was indeed when he was streaming. I just re-read the top few posts of this thread page.

gamacrack3

May 23, 2022
hey I have a problem that when I download the game it comes out as a video and I can't play and just in case I'm from pc window

kingoftits1234

Jan 6, 2020
Well first off the game is not really abandoned more than being on hold. They have a update download link so we can still download it no new content. But there been sighting of progress on things. Second they originally said after the last update they would only give updates or any when there be a huge amount of progress. Third the link here are old use the newer one from patreon to download the game. And also if I forgot what I was doing in development because I focused on something else and only spent a little bit now and then doing work I would have no clue what I was doing and would take a bit to figure out what I was doing and what I'm doing next. Pluse redoing the art work takes a bit of time to get back into it and then remaking korra assets take a bit. Pluse March 24 of 2021 on their patreon they have updated link for downloads. . Befor that it was December 21 of 2019. Plus this was just a template for proof of concept. So it a 50 50 chance it a total revamp which makes sense for the period time. And the other 50 is it going to have both characters storie libe expanded and seeing he tweeted a drawing of korra and liked comments of compliments but one they asked that see the pic that it might be coming back and they liked the comments. And only that one like it. It was safe to say it was on hold not abandoned. I going to say it. I told you so.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Well first off the game is not really abandoned more than being on hold. They have a update download link so we can still download it no new content. But there been sighting of progress on things. Second they originally said after the last update they would only give updates or any when there be a huge amount of progress. Third the link here are old use the newer one from patreon to download the game. And also if I forgot what I was doing in development because I focused on something else and only spent a little bit now and then doing work I would have no clue what I was doing and would take a bit to figure out what I was doing and what I'm doing next. Pluse redoing the art work takes a bit of time to get back into it and then remaking korra assets take a bit. Pluse March 24 of 2021 on their patreon they have updated link for downloads. . Befor that it was December 21 of 2019. Plus this was just a template for proof of concept. So it a 50 50 chance it a total revamp which makes sense for the period time. And the other 50 is it going to have both characters storie libe expanded and seeing he tweeted a drawing of korra and liked comments of compliments but one they asked that see the pic that it might be coming back and they liked the comments. And only that one like it. It was safe to say it was on hold not abandoned. I going to say it. I told you so.
Um, yeah, we know. This has been discussed multiple times already.
If you're concerned about the tag that says abandoned, that's just standard practice on this forum after a period of time. Don't worry about it.
The Patreon link you shared is from over a year ago, and there's been no official announcements about BoB since, that's why it has the tag. But we are aware (via Picarto streams) that SR7 has continued to work on the game.
The tag will be removed if he makes an official announcement of progress, such as a devlog or something on Patreon.

Reactions: EatBootyIDo
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes