Better Living Through Chemistry

Would you play this?

• Total voters

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Alright, I'm going to stick my neck out and let you guys review a write up I have for a game idea. I've had this kicking around in my head for about two weeks after binge playing a bunch of games I found here. I feel it would be a good idea to just throw it out there to this crowd and hear back from the group that enjoys this stuff as much as I do. Feel free to be critical, I only put ideas to text for a few brief hours. I will be taking a vacation until October and will watch and respond to the thread. I plan to start work on Daz character development once I return home.

Story below, spoilers will reveal character development

Project Lead
FeaturedOn

Summary
A young man returns from university to visit his family before returning for his last year. A brilliant student with neurosciences and biochemistry he sets about finding volunteers, willing and reluctant, to fulfill his personal needs. These involve his close male friend, the girl next door, his two sisters, and mother. The adventure of sexuality, control, love, & lust will allow the player more choice than they knew. They can engage in sex, or observe, be controlling, or cuckolded; choose their partner from the neighbor, best friend, sisters, or mother. There will be choices you can’t go back from, and some you may regret.

Characters

Main character - male, 22-23, 5’8 to 5’10”, smart but naive, absorbed in studies as the middle child and repressed sexual urges, wants to make the world better but doesn’t understand the cost of their actions

Mother - Young 40’s, 5’6” to 5’8”, hourglass shape with strong shoulders, large bust, waist, and thighs. A former athlete in high-school she married her sweetheart to start a family. Recently divorced husband amicably after kids left for college. She felt liberated until the kids returned home and now wants to feel young and active again.

Younger Sister - 19-20, 5’3” to 5’5”, looks like her mom did at her age. Finished her first year of college and wants to postpone returning. Wants to party and have fun while the rest of the family takes life seriously. Enjoys being home again, doesn’t want to be seen as the baby, eager to act out and show off. Much smarter than she lets on and carries herself with a quiet confidence but doesn’t feel the need to apply herself.

Older Sister - 24-25, 5’11” to 6’1”, Athletic and confident but never a bully. Finished her university studies after an athletic scholarship. Always applies herself to exceeding her objectives. She fears her family needs her help and is taking some time off to come home before she makes the next change in her life.

Girl Next Door - 21-22, 5’3”, intelligent and pretty, she and the main character grew up together and see each other as family. Her parents divorced when she was younger and she couldn’t get into the same university and attended college closer to home. She lives at home while saving up to move away. Wants to spend what may be her last summer at home with her best friend.

Best Guy Friend - 22-23, 6’ to 6’2”, handsome but unimaginative, he grew up on the same street as the main character and they became friends because the MC always had the newest toys. Dropped out of college to make it rich quick, he does well for himself now but wants to have it all with the least effort.

Premise
The main character is working towards grad school and has brought home a project he’s spent a year working on. With the intention of improving the lives of patients suffering from nerve damage, he is experimenting with the latest microprocessors and transdermal stimuli. The story will not attempt to explain how any of the technology works but instead treat it as a Pandora's box. After some scenarios, the player will be able to modify the device to their choosing.

The player will discover that their device can lead to controlling the actions of someone through small experiments. He can wear it to improve his physical prowess and muscle reflexes or loan it to his family for their own means. His younger sister could use it counter the effects of alcohol in her bloodstream or his older sister or mother could use it to exercise longer without fatigue. Yet, early on he learns it is only good for a limited time. So experiments continue and new things happen when the player pushes limits with cocktails of drugs and good intentions. What could go wrong with exposing friends and family to too much or too little adrenaline, serotonin, dopamine, testosterone, estrogen, oxytocin, and endorphins?

Will the player choose to experiment on himself or his family? Should he ask for a volunteer, or trick them? Then, when his best friends discover what he’s been doing will he involve them in the experiments or not? Will the player direct what happens next in this scientific pursuit, or just passively observe and document? At some point should he come clean and tell his family what’s been going on? Things seem to get more intense with every experiment but the results are fascinating to see.

Spoilers Ahead
(General Plot, five sentences)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Player and his Male Friend
(Three Paragraphs)

The Women of the House

(Nine Paragraphs)

The Girl Next Door
(Three Paragraphs)

About the Author
(One Paragraph)

Possible Adaptations
(One Paragraph)

Reactions: pcg50 and Gomly1980

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
This sounds quite similar to Lab Rats (the premise), although that doesn't have implants, just serums. I'm sure your story will be sufficiently different from that one (that's mainly a corruption style game).

Jun 6, 2017
As a NTR perv, the male friend path especially is all the way up my alley.
I wholeheartedly encourage this project, especially since the concept is already so well planned out.
(Won't have people crying about getting cucked with the choice being in your hands)

Reactions: FeaturedOn

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
At first I was thinking Lab Rats but after reading i'm intrigued.

I'm not a fan of NTR/cuckold at all so having that optional is a massive bonus, it will keep both sides happy.

That being said, with 4 women there is more than enough to keep the friend happy and build a meaningful relationship with one for yourself. What can I say, i'm a sucker for a bit of love.

Plus sex.

Sex is always good.

All in all sounds promising should it indeed happen.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
He is doing Biochemistry and Neuroscience, but his work that he took home which means he has the knowledge and ability to fix it, is specialized electronics? I understand you need a macguffin, but seems like you should make it closer to the MC's studies, or just give him a minor in Biomedical Engineering.

What program are you thinking of using for this?

I would suggest some slight editing or additions, since his research is about helping people with nerve damage, maybe have a character with said damage whether it is a grizzled war vet or some lady with a shit tit job. Maybe a slight increase in age ranges, most experiments on adults are done between 18 to I think 65/70.

All in all it seems interesting and I will watch as it progresses.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
He is doing Biochemistry and Neuroscience, but his work that he took home which means he has the knowledge and ability to fix it, is specialized electronics? I understand you need a macguffin, but seems like you should make it closer to the MC's studies, or just give him a minor in Biomedical Engineering.
Yep, the McGuffin is definitely something I've tried to fit in by adjusting the studies and background. I will probably adjust the major to line up a bit better with reality. My thought was to take what an audience may know of an arduino or raspberry pi and blend it with some sci-fi movie/story miniaturization & then add a splash of mad scientist tech that tosses words out there a reader may recognize or google to get some semblance of realism. Nothing you wouldn't see done on any number of television shows these days (mix it all up and have the prop guys make something with lights).
This sounds quite similar to Lab Rats (the premise), although that doesn't have implants, just serums. I'm sure your story will be sufficiently different from that one (that's mainly a corruption style game).
I played lab rats for maybe an hour or so and tried the first serum you make as well as some dialogue options. I think Lab Rats develops into a bit of a Harem story and I do want to avoid that with mine. There will be a mid-game where almost every character could be an option but continued testing with the same subjects to achieve all scenes will lock out others.
I would suggest some slight editing or additions, since his research is about helping people with nerve damage, maybe have a character with said damage whether it is a grizzled war vet or some lady with a shit tit job. Maybe a slight increase in age ranges, most experiments on adults are done between 18 to I think 65/70.
I like your request for realism. I thought of introducing a motivational factor such as a previous injury that left the player or one of their friends with nerve damage that may have catalyzed their desire to test on friends and family for a solution beyond the constraints of contemporary boundaries.

Broadening the age ranges could be utilized if I opened the story up to a theme such as the player (again, young 20's, because it seems that is what the paying audience likes) seeking out test subjects from the community. You could do something like tying the player into an area health care network as an intern and use their database to solicit unknown strangers. Or pervert some of the apps we have today such as Bumble & Tinder to have the player seeking out strangers affected by various conditions. In either case, the good faith and excitement the new characters have to the player & cohorts would strengthen their trust and codependency while this pursuit in the name of science is perverted for the audience to see. Perhaps a healthy relationship between everyone develops, but maybe not, there's an unknown quantity there.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Also, there is plenty more to be fleshed out in real writing for scenes. This is mostly the bones of an idea; a storyboard for certain characters & game play ideas, and will have some real work put into the script once I return from vacation.

If you have any general feedback be sure to leave a comment. If it concerns something in spoilers be sure to leave your comment behind the spoiler tag.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
It sounds interesting, to be fair. I'd give it a go, probably follow it for a bit.

Maybe somebody with excess income will give you something, when you get around to making it. You could always go 'The Allure of Wanton Cove' way - I am sure there are plenty more adult games that have the same strat, but I can't think off the top of my head - and have the patreon (if going this road) and public version released at the same time, but add something to the patreon version, i.e: a cheat menu.

I say do it. There's always someone looking for projects like this.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Basing ideas on what patreon will bring in.

That always ends well.
Yeah, I have to joke about that. That's why I'd rather hear opinions from everyone rather than just one audience through one platform. I also feel more comfortable sharing in a place without a paywall that may allow the group here to share their opinion and fetishes without discrimination.

Last edited:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
As you can guess, everyone will want their fetishes to come out on top, be it harem, impregnation, alpha, cuckold, corruption, love, rape, etc.

So make sure you define your characters well as persons rather than just conquests for the player, and define the mechanics/fetishes well. Otherwise people will wonder why they can't turn the male friend into a female, and be a sweet non alpha stud breeding all the women and newly woman friend or something.

Also make it a game that keeps to your artistic vision and coherent, don't need another game to be thrown off to they wayside because the maker got bored by making it a game they wouldn't even play.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Also make it a game that keeps to your artistic vision and coherent, don't need another game to be thrown off to they wayside because the maker got bored by making it a game they wouldn't even play.
This.

While i'm sure we would all love to see things we like you can't please everyone.

If you take everyones ideas and start trying to build around that you'll end up with a complete mess.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Saturday afternoon bump, and...

I'll be heading out for a cross country drive in a few hours. At which time I'll be dictating and then writing edits when I'm not at the wheel. It will take almost forty hours to arrive at my destination so I will check on the site when I can.

If anyone who read through the spoilers has some feedback of fetishes of characters I'd love to hear opinions. I am sure I don't share the same fetishes or experiences as everyone here so please leave a comment. Be sure to use spoiler tags.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
In the Spoiler are just ideas for fetishes as was asked by FeatureOn

I've been on the road since 10pm est last night so my response will definitely be tired & less descriptive than normal. My wife just took over driving so I'm going to sleep right after this.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
They are supposedly making mining only cards (no video ports), but no miner will buy those, makes their resale too hard when they move onto the next new card, but the actual price I doubt is going down anytime soon, partially cards are being marked up to even 100 over MSRP. Best bet is to get something refurbished/open box that still has manufacturers warranty, but all refurbished I see as of now on sites like Newegg are also at practically new prices. Unsure if whatever program you have uses CUDA but that is probably the best for rendering right now.