Better Living Through Chemistry

Would you play this?

• Total voters

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
The story itself and the details seems good to me! You have relatively fleshed out characters and backstory. The premise would have been interesting had there not been other games with similar plots... Take for example , a student that does pretty much the same thing, only without any other male characters involved.
Another game that features mind control, with more emphasis on hypnosis rather than medicinal elements is .
I believe and have some mind control too.

So, in order to stand out more, which is hard enough as it is with the overflow of incest \ mind control themed games out there... You'll require unique art (I'm taking a wild guess here, this is merely my opinion, obviously...), perhaps something different than pre-made DAZ3D assets, like custom made models? Animations? (Animations aren't really necessary, but they do grab people's attention). And a well-thought sandbox design to it.
If not that, then perhaps trying to cater to a variety of fetishes that are optional to the player's choice? A lot of those aforementioned-themed games feature more or less the same fetishes of incest, vanilla sex, some light BDSM, anal (if that can still be considered a fetish..). And maybe a couple more occasionally.

Bottom line is... Try playing out some mind control games, see what they might miss when it comes to features, writing depth, overall design. And also read through those threads and look for the most common complaints\wishes by the players.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
They are supposedly making mining only cards (no video ports), but no miner will buy those, makes their resale too hard when they move onto the next new card, but the actual price I doubt is going down anytime soon, partially cards are being marked up to even 100 over MSRP. Best bet is to get something refurbished/open box that still has manufacturers warranty, but all refurbished I see as of now on sites like Newegg are also at practically new prices. Unsure if whatever program you have uses CUDA but that is probably the best for rendering right now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, I'm going to pick up something used or in need of repair. I have an R9 390 sitting at home just in need of a capacitor or choke (I'll hit it with some multimeter testing when I get back).

Also, thanks for bouncing ideas around. I know most of my responses are in broad strokes so that I can gauge your reply and figure if I interpreted your input well or not.

The story itself and the details seems good to me! You have relatively fleshed out characters and backstory. The premise would have been interesting had there not been other games with similar plots... Take for example , a student that does pretty much the same thing, only without any other male characters involved.
Another game that features mind control, with more emphasis on hypnosis rather than medicinal elements is .
I believe and have some mind control too.

So, in order to stand out more, which is hard enough as it is with the overflow of incest \ mind control themed games out there... You'll require unique art (I'm taking a wild guess here, this is merely my opinion, obviously...), perhaps something different than pre-made DAZ3D assets, like custom made models? Animations? (Animations aren't really necessary, but they do grab people's attention). And a well-thought sandbox design to it.
If not that, then perhaps trying to cater to a variety of fetishes that are optional to the player's choice? A lot of those aforementioned-themed games feature more or less the same fetishes of incest, vanilla sex, some light BDSM, anal (if that can still be considered a fetish..). And maybe a couple more occasionally.

Bottom line is... Try playing out some mind control games, see what they might miss when it comes to features, writing depth, overall design. And also read through those threads and look for the most common complaints\wishes by the players.
Thanks for the support. I've tried several games found around here before trying my hand at this material. It started as a story & character building exercise where I wanted to use some existing tropes, apply my own interpretation of said trope, and work from there.

I do want to say that I'm sure "mind-control", "mind-break", & "harem" are used to describe games in this genre I will be writing against the grain when I get fleshing out and editing chapters. I intend to keep characters cognizant of their actions and work with ideas of psychological & emotional issues complimenting or contrasting chemical and hormonal manipulation as our "base/Id" motivations. This would permit more exploration of the characters as the story develops in a manner in line with other forms of story telling. Hero's journey and all that.

For everyone out there.
1) Sex, taboos, kinks, scenes, etc. are always more fun when explored and enjoyed by two or more consenting and fully aware adults.
2) Anytime someone updates the poll or says that they enjoy my ideas the fire inside of me gets bigger. If I'm writing smut then I would love to hear if the story gets you aroused.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Well I'm still in Canada and enjoying their beautiful national parks so I'll keep this as brief as I can. I do have to say that in my opinion Canadian girls are fantastic & 7 out of 10 are worth a flirtatious conversation.

I will go back in a bit and add a few sections from below to the character development section in the beginning. I am currently doing all typing from my phone, for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: muttdoggy

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Hope your trip continues to go well. Have a good time with our northern neighbors.

If anyone has been poking through our story development & spoiler laden discussions and wants to toss their hat in feel free. I find it very relaxing to bounce ideas off of strangers and test story elements to see that they can be conveyed believably. When I get back home then I can test deeper waters with a critical audience of friends.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Just giving this a bump to see if anyone else has read through the spoilers and has anything they would like to add. I would update the poll to something else but either I don't know how or I can't find the right option on my phone.

See you again when I'm back in the States.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Well it is the title of a Queens of the Stone Age song, but not related.

I've been working on story and artwork but the GPU shortage & Patreon policy changes have put me off devoting as much time as I had thought I would

Reactions: Grifter
Jun 6, 2017
Well it is the title of a Queens of the Stone Age song, but not related.

I've been working on story and artwork but the GPU shortage & Patreon policy changes have put me off devoting as much time as I had thought I would
That's a shame, but very understandable. I really liked the concept for the game too.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
That's a shame, but very understandable. I really liked the concept for the game too.
Thanks. I am continuing to work on it but those two issues made me pause for a while. The crypto-currency boom, and now bust, made practically any modern GPU purchase for rendering unfeasible. Couple that with the Patreon policy changes and it meant a change to any financial outlook I had earlier. I wouldn't expect any backing until an entire first chapter could be completed.

As I see it now the story should be written with generic characters and a patch for different dialogue options could be made available. It frustrates me, however, because a college guy experimenting on friends with intimacy becoming a result seems rather bland to me. Isn't that the point of college?

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Thanks. I am continuing to work on it but those two issues made me pause for a while. The crypto-currency boom, and now bust, made practically any modern GPU purchase for rendering unfeasible. Couple that with the Patreon policy changes and it meant a change to any financial outlook I had earlier. I wouldn't expect any backing until an entire first chapter could be completed.

As I see it now the story should be written with generic characters and a patch for different dialogue options could be made available. It frustrates me, however, because a college guy experimenting on friends with intimacy becoming a result seems rather bland to me. Isn't that the point of college?
So it has been 2 years, any thoughts on revisiting trying to make it?

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
So it has been 2 years, any thoughts on revisiting trying to make it?
It has, and many things have changed. I would like to revisit the idea, and develop it into a workable game. This was actually one of my first posts on the forum.

I now write for various games as a job, operate a rendering server, collaborated with a sex toy designer, workshop ideas with community devs, & playing with the idea of producing a project.

Reactions: Masterofpuppets

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
It has, and many things have changed. I would like to revisit the idea, and develop it into a workable game. This was actually one of my first posts on the forum.

I now write for various games as a job, operate a rendering server, collaborated with a sex toy designer, workshop ideas with community devs, & playing with the idea of producing a project.
Wow, congrats on life being interesting and I am guessing everything going well.

I wish you luck in your endeavors and whatever else you try to do.

Stay safe.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I appreciate the thought to ask after all of this time, it means the world to me.

I wasn't aware that there was still interest.
I can't speak for others, or for how good your game may have been.

However there hasn't been a good "lab rats" type game since the original, and people like well thought out/written games.

If you ever do make it, I am sure a bunch of people will play the initial version.

I wish you well on your endeavors.

Reactions: FeaturedOn