DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
lol, I got it from here, but that's not the issue, a game should not *require* external (information from other locations than from the game itself) to instruct the player. I.e. the game dev should *always* assume that the game itself is the source of player information, not requiring the player to use 3rd party sites. it's just good game design.
Will implement it!

"I remember... my name is MC... I am a 19 year old student, just a guy trying to make it through high school... and sadly, my parents died during an accident..."

Would this be a good sentence in your opinion? :)

For the male protag tags as I mentioned to another person here, that is well and good however that information should be hinted to informed to the player *in the game*. i.e. not having the player rely on 3rd party information. It does not need to be explicit (like 'MC's name (male)) even a better half image of the MC as laying in the bed to indicate if the person has breasts or not, or even a flash-back image when telling the story of the loss of the family (i.e. family photo with parents etc crossed out or something). It's mainly just to give the player enough information as to how to name the MC. Androgenous names such as Jan, Tracy, Stevie, Morgan, Charlie, etc. don't provide a guidepost without other context. It's not a huge issue just an observation. In other games where gender (transformation, etc) is fluid or roles are fluid (gay, sissification, etc) if gives the player some context.

As for including aff/sub stats in the phone or other locations would be fine, just commenting on the lack of feedback to the player.

As for shortness, was more as in the amount of content. Story progression with only one chapter is not really enough data to provide feedback. Seems 'ok' but without knowing your progression plans or if you plan 5 chapters or 50 can't say. Though as to initial pacing the introduction of many characters in a single chapter seemed a little excessive (rushed) unless there is a reason for that I am not aware of.

Anyway, will be interested to see how you progress.
Thank you, I'm trying my best! I have so many ideas which I want to implement in the game currently! I can't really tell but 5 chapters seems a little on the less side and 50 quite the opposite.
No specific reason why I introduced them this way, it's my first novel and I'm still gaining experience.

Last edited:

HarryHill99

Dec 29, 2019
Will implement it!

"I remember... my name is MC... I am a 19 year old student, just a guy trying to make it through high school... and sadly, my parents died during an accident..."

Would this be a good sentence in your opinion? :)

Thank you, I'm trying my best! I have so many ideas which I want to implement in the game currently! I can't really tell but 5 chapters seems a little on the less side and 50 quite the opposite.
No specific reason why I introduced them this way, it's my first novel and I'm still gaining experience.
Yeah, that's fine or as mentioned doesn't have to be explicitly stated could be done as a flashback or whatever. Heck even something simple like using a non androgenous 'default' name but that may be more of a change. I mean, I was only suggesting to provide the player some more information so they could make a better informed choice at the start if they so desired. Don't over-stress over it. :) cheers.

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
Yeah, that's fine or as mentioned doesn't have to be explicitly stated could be done as a flashback or whatever. Heck even something simple like using a non androgenous 'default' name but that may be more of a change. I mean, I was only suggesting to provide the player some more information so they could make a better informed choice at the start if they so desired. Don't over-stress over it. :) cheers.
Don't mention it, I'm glad to add a little bit of additional detail if it helps having a better experience with the game! And that change was no big deal at all :)
Cheers!

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
The bug with the phone backgrounds was still in the compressed android version, and only there. Don't know how it sneaked it's way inside but I reuploaded it on most pages. Please redownload it if you experience an error screen!

Thank you!

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
For the patch version it says he lived with his dad as his parents divorced, so why would he have a spare key? He gets invited to live with his mom due to the changing situation with his grandmother allowing his dad to kick him out of the house.
Where did you find a patch, if you don't mind me asking.

Reactions: OhGodNotAgain

viclog1

Aug 5, 2016
Because the story explicitly has your parents dead, living with grandmother until she too dies, and then you're hit in a traffic accident and another relative is going to sell your grandma's house, so your best friend's family takes you in.

That would be a lot to alter just to fulfill an incest fantasy to make it be your mom and your sisters.

especially if the dev doesn't even really want that angle to begin with.

as for not having incest ruining your life? get help.
Using family dynamics without an actual family makes more sense to you? Same "problem", maybe more hidden under the skin: speaking of gettin' help.

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
Unofficial patched Android port for Between Humanity (0.1.1) with alternative save location
( Internal Storage/Documents/LukeRay/com.lr.betweenhumanity), i.e no need to worry about saves. Saves will remain intact after uninstall.

Features: Since dev has already included many features. So I didn't add anything extra. Enabled usual gestures. Didn't add the walkthrough from dev because it is not working currently. If dev fixes it then you can copy the file to (Internal Storage/Documents/LukeRay/com.lr.betweenhumanity/game)directory. It will probably work unless any files need replacing.

Note:
Ignore false virus alert from Google Play scanner. It is flagging every ports with alternative save location above renpy 7.5.

Grant storage permissions when opening it for the first time.

Link:

Size: 225mb

Appreciate my ports??? Want to buy me a coffee????

My Other Ports

Reactions: M@ximus

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
Unofficial patched Android port for Between Humanity (0.1.1) with alternative save location
( Internal Storage/Documents/LukeRay/com.lr.betweenhumanity), i.e no need to worry about saves. Saves will remain intact after uninstall.

Features: Since dev has already included many features. So I didn't add anything extra. Enabled usual gestures. Didn't add the walkthrough from dev because it is not working currently. If dev fixes it then you can copy the file to (Internal Storage/Documents/LukeRay/com.lr.betweenhumanity/game)directory. It will probably work unless any files need replacing.

Note:
Ignore false virus alert from Google Play scanner. It is flagging every ports with alternative save location above renpy 7.5.

Grant storage permissions when opening it for the first time.

Link: Pixeldrain

Size: 225mb

Appreciate my ports??? Want to buy me a coffee????

My Other Ports
Fixed the walkthrough, thanks for pointing it out (y)

Reactions: LukeRY

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
Not mention. Your game look promising. So far haven't got the time to play the full game. So gonna dive in now. Best of Luck.
Thank you! I hope you enjoy playing the game. If you have any feedback or thoughts after playing, feel free to share. Best of luck to you too!

Reactions: LukeRY

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
Thank you! I hope you enjoy playing the game. If you have any feedback or thoughts after playing, feel free to share. Best of luck to you too!
The first Feedback I will say without even playing that your coding is quite organised . Very clean and feature rich. Usually when I port i have to add features. I didn't have to add anything here. ;)

I will surely share the game thoughts after playing the whole.

Some suggestions: Just Maybe add some outline color width control and maybe some outline color options to make it more look more cool in future.

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
The first Feedback I will say without even playing that your coding is quite organised . Very clean and feature rich. Usually when I port i have to add features. I didn't have to add anything here. ;)

I will surely share the game thoughts after playing the whole.

Some suggestions: Just Maybe add some outline color width control and maybe some outline color options to make it more look more cool in future.
Uhh, thanks :D I like to hear that even though I think it's quite chaotic sometimes...

You mean outline for the name label? I have planned to do that, but not in the first chapter, will be in chapter 2!

Awaiting your thoughts!

4.90 star(s) 40 Votes