DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
*Starts salivating and huffing like a retarded motherfucker ( Not related to the actual incest )* Yes please!

Edit :

Well, that would fucking suck. One of the things I hate most in games is when I can't make the text box transparent.

Edit 2 :

As the other dude aready mentioned : A harem, a true harem is when all the girls are exclusive to the MC and NOT fuck around with each other in any way shape or form. Fucking pisses me off when people say "Nah, it's still a harem even if the girls kill some time with each other when the MC is indisposed" no, no it's not. That's just a poly fuckfest then, in a true harem all eyes are on the MC at all times. Only time I would let a little bit of girl on girl action pass is during actual MFF scenes where the girls simply "help each other out a bit to squeeze a little bit more enjoyment out of the situation for both the girls and the MC." And nothing too extreme either.
Making the textbox transparent or the text size bigger / smaller is already part of the game!

Alright, thanks for clarifying! If you played the game tell me if the toilet scene is already overboard or acceptable (at least at the beginning of the story.)

Dec 7, 2018
Universal Renpy Mod, is mostly an universal walkthrough mod, which also allow you to change other values in the game...XD
Oh, my bad. Thought you've meant this :

"RenPy_universal_transparent_textbox_mod_v2.6.3_by_Penfold_Mole.7z"

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
You're right and obviously more experienced in this topic than I am. I build it in a way that two girls have a friends with benefits thing and the MC can have both of them so I automatically thought it would be harem-ish? I could remove the harem tag but in the end the main characters still will be able to have every women which would mean that it is a harem? o_O

I could potentially say that the girls with benefits break up and at the end are still both inside mc's harem?

The LIs won't have deeper relationships with others though, that's not planned.

Need to think this through!
You need to realize that regarding "harem", there are at least 2 things to consider:
1. How it relates to the tag system that is used on this site. This is normally the case, that many games are tagged "harem" because they contain the type of contents that fits the definition.
2. How it relates to the expectations of the fans of "harem" fetish/genre. This is a bit challenging because there is no formally accepted universal standard for it. You just have to find out from the fans themselves.

Typically, #1 does not always satisfy #2, but #2 is always guaranteed to satisfy #1.

In any case, I am confident you know the right course of action. For me, I simply want to enjoy the game and stories first and foremost.

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
You need to realize that regarding "harem", there are at least 2 things to consider:
1. How it relates to the tag system that is used on this site. This is normally the case, that many games are tagged "harem" because they contain the type of contents that fits the definition.
2. How it relates to the expectations of the fans of "harem" fetish/genre. This is a bit challenging because there is no formally accepted universal standard for it. You just have to find out from the fans themselves.

Typically, #1 does not always satisfy #2, but #2 is always guaranteed to satisfy #1.

In any case, I am confident you know the right course of action. For me, I simply want to enjoy the game and stories first and foremost.
Thank you! I will figure something out for sure!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

agrdtcwa

Aug 4, 2023
Thank you! I will figure something out for sure!
I think the best thing to do is to just make the game you want and forget about the comments. You cannot please everyone and no matter what you do, people will have problems with it. Some people like lesbian content. Others dont. Some people want poly content. Others dont. The best thing you can do is make exactly what you want, communicate what is planned clearly and make things avoidable. Many harem games I have played have a choice that says do you want lesbian interactions between characters X and Y or do you want to pursue a romance with character X - that way the player has complete control over what they see.

I think people have problems with unavoidable content be it sharing scenes or individual scenes with characters they dislike. The best way to get over this is to just give more player agency in such choices while making the game you want to make. But please dont let players dictate what you should do - they are thinking about what they want and not whats best for the game and everyone wants something different. Stick to your original vision - if a few players decide not to play then its not the end of the world.

Last edited:

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
I think the best thing to do is to just make the game you want and forget about the comments. You cannot please everyone and no matter what you do, people will have problems with it. Some people like lesbian content. Others dont. Some people want poly content. Others dont.

The best thing you can do is make exactly what you want, communicate what is planned clearly and make things avoidable. Many harem games I have played have a choice that says do you want lesbian interactions between characters X and Y or do you want to pursue a romance with character X - that way the player has complete control over what they see.

I think people have problems with unavoidable content be it sharing scenes or individual scenes with characters they dislike. The best way to get over this is to just give more player agency in such choices while making the game you want to make. But please dont let players dictate what you should do - they are thinking about what they want and not whats best for the game and everyone wants something different. Stick to your original vision - if a few players decide not to play then its not the end of the world.
Thank you! You're absolutely right, the game pretty much has a path already and I will stick to it!

agrdtcwa

Aug 4, 2023
Thank you! You're absolutely right, the game pretty much has a path already and I will stick to it!
Yeah that is for the best - just be super clear about your vision and I think the game will do well. Even if there is bitching about the content, it will stop after the 2nd or 3rd update. Many of the top rated games on this website have stuff that are dealbreakers to many. For example Pale Carnations has prostitution and non consensual content and 3 of the 5 main girls are whoring themselves out. Desert Stalker has sharing content where the MC can make his wife/daughter have sexual interactions with others. Star Periphery is a futa focused game. Superhuman has ntr, monster sex, transformation and a bunch of other fetishes. Despite this the games are highly rated and popular. I think it is because the devs are clear about their vision and are making the game they want and not the game other people want. And they are ok if some people will not play the game.

Just be clear about what is planned and give players some agency to choose the content they want to see.

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
Yeah that is for the best - just be super clear about your vision and I think the game will do well. Even if there is bitching about the content, it will stop after the 2nd or 3rd update. Many of the top rated games on this website have stuff that are dealbreakers to many. For example Pale Carnations has prostitution and non consensual content and 3 of the 5 main girls are whoring themselves out. Desert Stalker has sharing content where the MC can make his wife/daughter have sexual interactions with others. Star Periphery is a futa focused game. Superhuman has ntr, monster sex, transformation and a bunch of other fetishes. Despite this the games are highly rated and popular. I think it is because the devs are clear about their vision and are making the game they want and not the game other people want. And they are ok if some people will not play the game.

Just be clear about what is planned and give players some agency to choose the content they want to see.
That is my intended way! I'm just not familiar with the specifications of the tags so I will just go with f95Zone's descriptions even though for some this might be the wrong way. I hope they try the game out at least and have a look for themselves! :giggle:

JeffisZac

Apr 1, 2019
Not gonna give this a go until the patch drops but a first drop with 2-4 hours of content (probably closer to 1.5 for me because i read hella fast) is really exciting. Pictures look good and the general premise of the game looks really good. Also going to chirp in on the 'harem' thoughts, I'm fine with girls being with each other with the mc but if they get together without the mc being there then thats where its not really 'harem' and like a couple of people have said is more just a poly game. End of the day though its your game and you should make the game the way you invisioned it. I will definitely add this to my list of watched games and depending on the vibes i get when i do eventually play it, i might even support on patreon

HuiEtyud

May 16, 2019
The stick! What does it mean! *motions to pin map* I just can't figure out the significance! *long drag of cigarette* I know the stick ties everything together like a room's rug.

For real, though. Lmfao. The picking-up-a-stick animation seems incredibly specific. It makes me laugh and more than a little confused every time I see it.

Great game, though. I love the little interactive glitches you added. Not sure if there's any specific impact to anything with them, but they're cool little details.

DebatingPanda

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2023
Not gonna give this a go until the patch drops but a first drop with 2-4 hours of content (probably closer to 1.5 for me because i read hella fast) is really exciting. Pictures look good and the general premise of the game looks really good. Also going to chirp in on the 'harem' thoughts, I'm fine with girls being with each other with the mc but if they get together without the mc being there then thats where its not really 'harem' and like a couple of people have said is more just a poly game. End of the day though its your game and you should make the game the way you invisioned it. I will definitely add this to my list of watched games and depending on the vibes i get when i do eventually play it, i might even support on patreon
No hurry mate. 1.5 hours seems realistic for a fast reader, I may included some time spend on the ingame phone!

When you played it tell me what you think about a specific toilet scene, I'm pretty unsure how that fits into a scheme, and of course I'm going to make this the way I intend. The first release seems to work out pretty well so I will stick with it! Would love to have you as a supporter, cheers!

The stick! What does it mean! *motions to pin map* I just can't figure out the significance! *long drag of cigarette* I know the stick ties everything together like a room's rug.

For real, though. Lmfao. The picking-up-a-stick animation seems incredibly specific. It makes me laugh and more than a little confused every time I see it.

Great game, though. I love the little interactive glitches you added. Not sure if there's any specific impact to anything with them, but they're cool little details.
Thank you! I just love the stick animation, it's too stupid yet funny. ;) The glitches are indeed small details except one might have a little more impact in version 0.2, just minor though, like one line of dialogue or two!

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffisZac
4.90 star(s) 36 Votes