How would you like the publication of updates to be in terms of content?

• Every month and a half (300 renders or more)

Votes: 739 30.5%
  • every 2 and a half months (700 renders or more)

Votes: 1,684 69.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
Don't know why someone made a second mod for this game, Koga was doing just fine, and everyone prefers to rename their MC from Ethan anywho.

I mean, there's nothing stopping you from changing the following:

define mc = Character("Ethan", color="00FFCC")

Just replace Ethan with your name of choice. They use variables with the names anyway.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Don't know why someone made a second mod for this game, Koga was doing just fine, and everyone prefers to rename their MC from Ethan anywho.

I mean, there's nothing stopping you from changing the following:

define mc = Character("Ethan", color="00FFCC")

Just replace Ethan with your name of choice. They use variables with the names anyway.
Not sure why anyone would feel the need for a whole mod for one small thing like a name change, especially when it's incredibly easy to modify the files for the game already. For other things, sure, but for just changing the names it seems excessive.
new mod is not a replacement, your characters renaming feature is a must have with how retarder naming choices in this game, at least don't remove your link to Ch7Part2 fix, it's better than nothing
If you're not on Android, there's literally nothing preventing you from making the changes easily. The game doesn't use archives (.rpa files), so you can just make sure the game is not running and then open script.rpy in the \game folder using any basic text editor (Notepad, TextEditor, Notepad++, etc.). At the very top are character definitions. Just change the names provided to whatever you want, save the file, and then start the game again.
1671698051749.png

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Not sure why anyone would feel the need for a whole mod for one small thing like a name change, especially when it's incredibly easy to modify the files for the game already. For other things, sure, but for just changing the names it seems excessive.

If you're not on Android, there's literally nothing preventing you from making the changes easily. The game doesn't use archives (.rpa files), so you can just make sure the game is not running and then open script.rpy in the \game folder using any basic text editor (Notepad, TextEditor, Notepad++, etc.). At the very top are character definitions. Just change the names provided to whatever you want, save the file, and then start the game again.
That does not work, most names are hardcoded in the game. A quick "search and replace" does not work either. Tried it, got an error. Probably some variables have the names in it, too. Yes, the mc name can be changed in the main game already, but not all the others.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
That does not work, most names are hardcoded in the game. A quick "search and replace" does not work either. Tried it, got an error. Probably some variables have the names in it, too. Yes, the mc name can be changed in the main game already, but not all the others.
Ah, well, I don't care to change any names, so I didn't realize they got defined but then not really used later. I do see the variables used, but apparently only when the code confirms your mention of the relationships:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So yeah, I guess never mind. This seems odd to me, but maybe the developer originally thought to allow the names to be variable and then changed his decision. Hard to say. Since EthanKrautz is on this forum, maybe you can convince him to change it so those are all variable instead. But I really don't know why he has it coded the way it is.

A find-and-replace would only work if you were careful with it. If you just tell the program to replace all of them, you'd potentially run into problems as you describe. Some text editors (Notepad++ for sure) have a search option to match the whole word only. That would be the better way to do it with find-and-replace, but also looking at each replacement to make sure. It's much slower, but you trade time required for accuracy in results.

I still don't know why anyone would worry about changing the names (you don't change the names of characters in books, films, plays, or operas), but to each their own. If it means so much to you, I guess the mod might be your best bet, at least for now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: EthanKrautz

calel

Aug 19, 2021
Mod Inf: Between Salvation and Abyss [Chapter7 part2]​
Installation:

FEATURES:
- Brief description of the paths. helps to continue the game
- add "IPatch Universal"
- Mod update: Chapter7 part2 / Size: 3 Mb

Download: - - MEGA

View attachment 2254332 View attachment 2254335 View attachment 2254337
Please ADD replay mod like kogas replay mod

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Ah, well, I don't care to change any names, so I didn't realize they got defined but then not really used later. I do see the variables used, but apparently only when the code confirms your mention of the relationships:
So yeah, I guess never mind. This seems odd to me, but maybe the developer originally thought to allow the names to be variable and then changed his decision. Hard to say. Since EthanKrautz is on this forum, maybe you can convince him to change it so those are all variable instead. But I really don't know why he has it coded the way it is.

A find-and-replace would only work if you were careful with it. If you just tell the program to replace all of them, you'd potentially run into problems as you describe. Some text editors (Notepad++ for sure) have a search option to match the whole word only. That would be the better way to do it with find-and-replace, but also looking at each replacement to make sure. It's much slower, but you trade time required for accuracy in results.

I still don't know why anyone would worry about changing the names (you don't change the names of characters in books, films, plays, or operas), but to each their own. If it means so much to you, I guess the mod might be your best bet, at least for now.
Normally I don't even change mc names and use the default ones. Also actually here with Ethan, have no problems with it. But the Aysha/Alysha/whatever is so confusing sometimes that I was happy being able to rename them in the koga mod. Anyway, lost a bit of interest for the game now since the great music addon from him is gone now, too.
I'm still not sure why someone had to make a new mod for something already was available and even more :FacePalm:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
what motivated you to hardcode MC's name and name major characters who often appears in one scene - Alessia, Alysha and Aysha? was it GRRM?
The MC name isn't imo hard coded, you actually should be able to rename it even without mod. But as already said the other family members you can't change the names, "only" the relationships at the game beginning.

EthanKrautz

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
what motivated you to hardcode MC's name and name major characters who often appears in one scene - Alessia, Alysha and Aysha? was it GRRM?
I have no idea, I don't know much about coding.
I just picked something that seemed short and simple (for me).
As for the names, each one has a meaning and therefore a personality.
To tell you the truth, I never change the names of characters from other games. :unsure:

EthanKrautz

Game Developer
Feb 15, 2020
Femdom, ntr planned? (I hope not)
Hey don't say that word in my thread. It is forbidden, it is heresy.

For poll on Patreon
Last day of voting, at the moment I see that there is a clear preference for Alysha (obviously), but the alt tier are voting for the crazy Euphor. And well... I just hope it doesn't happen the same as the last poll.

Aug 1, 2022
Since not everything is for everyone, I gave the game a chance, but it really isn't for me. I even liked the characters, but definitely, the fetishes presented, are not to my liking. I read some comments from the developer, he said he likes the fetishes and is happy with it. That's what matters, if he's happy, that's what really matters. Good luck to the developer, and good game to those who stay.

Last edited:
Reactions: babbudoiu

Ricochettt33

May 29, 2021
Well there goes my fukin saves now that koga is gone..... (like seriously koga mod doing perfectly fine. Why the hell there's another goddamn mod with no replay what so ever like seriously.)

• Sad
Reactions: JoeKent

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
=========================================================================
Dec. 22, 2022
New game version Ch7Part2 is out.

Since I have enhanced work shifts the next days unfortunately I don't know when I can do a full Mod update.
Most likely not before Christmas, maybe even not before end of next week. So I made a quick Mod patch, with it
my Mod Ch7P1 should be at least compatible to the new game version. I also already tried to add the WT/WT+ infos,
but it's not fully testet from me so far.

Edit:
Seems someone else is taking over here.
Since I have now less free time anyway I'll stop mine therefore again, avoid of course double work.

=========================================================================
thx for the previous mod KoGa3~ :giggle:

Reactions: KoGa3

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
koga - human(all of a sudden :eek:) so he can't update mod at least next week, and disabled links, so nobody get additional bugs by using outdated versions :coffee::giggle:

3.20 star(s) 80 Votes