Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Well, I thought this might be a good game. Then I encountered the extortion interlude between chapter 1 and 2, where the developer first hints that this site has pirated this game and unless money is payed to steam then the integrity of game files is not guaranteed, and then, as expected, there are exceptions every other scene. Obviously this wasn't pirated... And if you need money that bad... EARN IT.
ryan.gif

semtexDave

May 10, 2021
Well, I thought this might be a good game. Then I encountered the extortion interlude between chapter 1 and 2, where the developer first hints that this site has pirated this game and unless money is payed to steam then the integrity of game files is not guaranteed, and then, as expected, there are exceptions every other scene. Obviously this wasn't pirated... And if you need money that bad... EARN IT.

EARN IT... typed in capitals, by someone getting a pretty good game for free, my irony meter has been completely obliterated.....

Cracking game Droosk, no two ways about it

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
As has already been pointed out, I guess you're leaving Kenny and Oscar behind? Kind of a dick move.
Thanks for taking the time to answer!

who said they would be left behind ? you're just assuming. getting the people that are close to the opened portal first, then at least, you have a team to go back for the remaining friends.

but instead your argument here should be that it's easy to point out things in hindsight, and that MC and Hannah are too upset and panicked to make reasonable, sound and well thought out decisions. You did a good job in portraying a distraught Hannah there.

What? Yes, "cover of night" matters when using a magical portal to go from a forest and into a prison cell.
even if that is not 100% the case, nigh shifts are more relaxed and less alert, it's a pretty common trope. making the mercs and their leaders/customers wait longer also make them more tired, or drop their guard and attention.
at least, if you don't want to go that route, you can mention it to cover your bases, and make the chase more urgent by emphasizing the fact that the magic trail is already almost gone. there is a very quick mention of it, when MC summons the portal but the urgency of it is diminished and diluted because the link with Kaylee makes it "the right time" instead of adding the fact that they can't really afford to wait.

it would also give them time to, maybe, ambush one of the mercs and interrogate them for more info.

You know that, huh? Weird, since this would be dependent upon previous choices and there are multiple branches in play. Yes, as foreshadowed, the ring WILL come into play for SOME players. Not all. And probably not in the way some would think.
good for you if you add branching. finding the ring just as the very end when they go in the prison cell was too "on the nose". it'd have preferred to have that scene before, so it could be a bit forgotten when the cliffhanger comes, to add more tension. for example, instead of the encounter with the female orc, finding the ring and having the same banter with the whole group about the potential female djinn inside would work too. as of now, the female orc scene seems like a waste, even if it helps balance the "bad" of murdering the kidnappers and adds to world building a little bit. there is so many things to wrap up in chapter 10, there is very low chance to see her again.

This would change literally nothing.
it would mean one less person needed to be rescued. Oscar could also pass along all the information he saw or heard to MC and Hannah. and it's one more head for a makeshift plan for the rescue. Oscar is more level headed than both, even if Kenny is involved, and especially when Bailey is concerned, MC and Hannah can't form a coherent thought. also, if they end up having to walk to the prison, having one more tracker is very useful. none of them know if MC can actually open follow up portals. that was a huge gamble.

It's a story. It's fantasy. It's not real. What makes logical sense to a logical person is not going to always make sense in a story. That's the whole purpose of creative writing. Books, movies, plays, etc, would all be insanely short and incredibly boring if everything was always done "correctly", and that is what you seem to be failing to realize.
sure, it gives you more creative freedom, but you are still bound to the coherence of your setting and characters. Alora is very respectful of their relationship, their bond and the boundaries that go with that. She knew before the meeting that it would need an intimate physical contact. There was no coherent reason for her not to include Hannah there. and having Hannah there for the solo route would increase the contrast between Alora and Alorine.
it's a small detail, but it breaks immersion. just like if you choose to have Bailey watch MC and Hannah having sex, she ends up apologizing twice for it, the second time as if she didn't already apologize the first time when it was already resolved.

If Gandalf can send a flock of giant eagles to save the group from the top of the mountain, why not just have those eagles fly Frodo from The Shire directly to Mordor and drop the ring into the fires of Mt Doom from 10,000 feet up? It makes no sense for them to WALK the whole way, right?
even classics and other stories have issues and some incoherent elements. they are still analyzed and criticized in even more detail by many more competent people than AVN fans.
but you're just deflecting here. whataboutism doesn't solve anything.

Hold on, let me check your profile to see how many things you've written.

Weird. There's nothing. It's almost as if you don't actually understand narrative storytelling.
did you really have to go there ? personal attacks ? :D
first, it's just an online profile. i'm not required to put anything in it. you don't know what I actually understand or not IRL. making assumption like that is completely baseless and useless.
second, readers do have a level of understanding. even if they can't completely articulate it.
so instead of being so defensive about it, just see it for what it is. I took the time to provide feedback and constructive criticism, and I explained my points. You can just take note of it and maybe use it for the remaining chapter, the potential next games, or even a hypothetic rework... or you can just ignore it.

I didn't come here and say " this game sucks, see ya loser".

Like I said in my first comment here, your game had potential. there was a very long prologue, which is ok. and the main story feels like it begins when the crew is isekai'd. but then the story feels like it is rushed to end in less chapters than the prologue.
I saw the game on steam in a bundle, and I was debating with myself on where to support it from. steam or patreon. that's how much potential the game had.

• Angry
Reactions: Fap2766 and lqpmaz

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to answer!

who said they would be left behind ? you're just assuming. getting the people that are close to the opened portal first, then at least, you have a team to go back for the remaining friends.

but instead your argument here should be that it's easy to point out things in hindsight, and that MC and Hannah are too upset and panicked to make reasonable, sound and well thought out decisions. You did a good job in portraying a distraught Hannah there.

even if that is not 100% the case, nigh shifts are more relaxed and less alert, it's a pretty common trope. making the mercs and their leaders/customers wait longer also make them more tired, or drop their guard and attention.
at least, if you don't want to go that route, you can mention it to cover your bases, and make the chase more urgent by emphasizing the fact that the magic trail is already almost gone. there is a very quick mention of it, when MC summons the portal but the urgency of it is diminished and diluted because the link with Kaylee makes it "the right time" instead of adding the fact that they can't really afford to wait.

it would also give them time to, maybe, ambush one of the mercs and interrogate them for more info.

good for you if you add branching. finding the ring just as the very end when they go in the prison cell was too "on the nose". it'd have preferred to have that scene before, so it could be a bit forgotten when the cliffhanger comes, to add more tension. for example, instead of the encounter with the female orc, finding the ring and having the same banter with the whole group about the potential female djinn inside would work too. as of now, the female orc scene seems like a waste, even if it helps balance the "bad" of murdering the kidnappers and adds to world building a little bit. there is so many things to wrap up in chapter 10, there is very low chance to see her again.

it would mean one less person needed to be rescued. Oscar could also pass along all the information he saw or heard to MC and Hannah. and it's one more head for a makeshift plan for the rescue. Oscar is more level headed than both, even if Kenny is involved, and especially when Bailey is concerned, MC and Hannah can't form a coherent thought. also, if they end up having to walk to the prison, having one more tracker is very useful. none of them know if MC can actually open follow up portals. that was a huge gamble.

sure, it gives you more creative freedom, but you are still bound to the coherence of your setting and characters. Alora is very respectful of their relationship, their bond and the boundaries that go with that. She knew before the meeting that it would need an intimate physical contact. There was no coherent reason for her not to include Hannah there. and having Hannah there for the solo route would increase the contrast between Alora and Alorine.
it's a small detail, but it breaks immersion. just like if you choose to have Bailey watch MC and Hannah having sex, she ends up apologizing twice for it, the second time as if she didn't already apologize the first time when it was already resolved.

even classics and other stories have issues and some incoherent elements. they are still analyzed and criticized in even more detail by many more competent people than AVN fans.
but you're just deflecting here. whataboutism doesn't solve anything.

did you really have to go there ? personal attacks ? :D
first, it's just an online profile. i'm not required to put anything in it. you don't know what I actually understand or not IRL. making assumption like that is completely baseless and useless.
second, readers do have a level of understanding. even if they can't completely articulate it.
so instead of being so defensive about it, just see it for what it is. I took the time to provide feedback and constructive criticism, and I explained my points. You can just take note of it and maybe use it for the remaining chapter, the potential next games, or even a hypothetic rework... or you can just ignore it.

I didn't come here and say " this game sucks, see ya loser".

Like I said in my first comment here, your game had potential. there was a very long prologue, which is ok. and the main story feels like it begins when the crew is isekai'd. but then the story feels like it is rushed to end in less chapters than the prologue.
I saw the game on steam in a bundle, and I was debating with myself on where to support it from. steam or patreon. that's how much potential the game had.
But see I am not sure if you ever heard of things called books.

See there are stories written by authors and you can dislike the turns they take but you can't dictate an entire alternate story ya know. That is why the Eagles and Tolkien is the perfect reference. Tolkien is accepted as one of the best fantasy writers ever to write but he still had plot holes and things that may have made no sense. It is just a part of the narrative given and we have to understand there is a constraint on the "characters" that we the reader breach with our omnipresent view and information. If you do not like these elements you should not read ANY comic (they all have similar issues) or ANY fantasy series (they do too).

Just saying

justahornydude53

Sep 15, 2024
I'm loving this story, the art and just everything about this game, but I do have one question. What kind of idiot opens a portal to a prison cell and jumps through it instead of telling the people on the other side to jump through to him???? LOL

• Haha
Reactions: joryh and HiP1

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I'm loving this story, the art and just everything about this game, but I do have one question. What kind of idiot opens a portal to a prison cell and jumps through it instead of telling the people on the other side to jump through to him???? LOL
The kind that is over-confident in his ability and immediately brags about his perceived skill upon doing so :p

• Haha
Reactions: Rehwyn and HiP1

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
But see I am not sure if you ever heard of things called books.

See there are stories written by authors and you can dislike the turns they take but you can't dictate an entire alternate story ya know. That is why the Eagles and Tolkien is the perfect reference. Tolkien is accepted as one of the best fantasy writers ever to write but he still had plot holes and things that may have made no sense. It is just a part of the narrative given and we have to understand there is a constraint on the "characters" that we the reader breach with our omnipresent view and information. If you do not like these elements you should not read ANY comic (they all have similar issues) or ANY fantasy series (they do too).

Just saying
more personal attacks. nice. can you try and be even more condescending ? :ROFLMAO:
and you're wrong. it's not about dictating anything. shows how little you can understand when reading... see ? I can do personal attacks too.

even with books, and even more with comics, especially works that they really like, people can dislike elements in those works... they can express that dislike in many ways. some of them can be commenting on the elements, giving feedback, detailed commentaries and analysis, even write something themselves like fan fictions, parodies or alternate stories. and they can do it in many places such as forums, reddit, social media platforms... and hey what do you know ? we are on one of those forums, and people here discuss each work they experienced.

so instead of attacking me with an out of topic argument, you could provide actual interesting discussion and counter my points with your own. "just saying".

• Angry
Reactions: Fap2766

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Doing some animation practice/testing.
honestly your animations always look great to me. I literally bought your game on steam last year because I saw your animations on a steam trailer and the fact some were non lewd animations was a big bonus for me. Had no idea if I would like the game at the time didn't even play here beforehand

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
man i'm really loving these animations and I originally bought this game cause of them too. I need to make time soon to replay this game
one of my favorites, the girls are not supermodels, but written very well, which is more important to me than looks.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
one of my favorites, the girls are not supermodels, but written very well, which is more important to me than looks.
yeah I recall last I played this it was up there as one of my favorite AVN's I can't really play immersively like alot people. But man i got sucked into the fantasy part of the story and was thinking I was playing another RPG lol. I went and played one of the pathfinder games on steam right after and I still haven't finished either one of them , I restart to many times for dumb ass reasons or over think my build and stop before it gets good haha.

But honestly the non supermodel look is attractive in it's self for me although I do wish Hannah had a different hair style I saw a special render once with her having another hairstyle and she looked alot better haha.

Reactions: Elduriel
4.40 star(s) 61 Votes