VN Ren'Py Beyond Tomorrow [Ch.1] [Dream Games]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

holy_cat

Dec 9, 2020
Like, fucking hell man, yes, your sister acts like a complete bitch, no doubt there, but destroying her toys as kid, throwing cat into pool, yelling at neighbour (mentioned arguing in the past, 2nd time is player choice), and then not taking blame for any single fucking thing, is just immature and childish.
[...]
Quite honestly, he strikes me as perfect mafia/narcoboss stereotype. 0 respect for others, but complete love for family.
Perfect mafia/narcoboss stereotype, you say... 'Cause he shot a teddybear with an arrow, five years ago... And did not take a blame for this... It was his sister's toy, by the way, and she was (is) the part of the family.

To put it in the most delicate way, your psychological analysis seems a bit superficial. Do you have siblings? If so, you should know that relations are quite often pretty complicated. Don't you have annoying neighbours? And we do things that don't make us proud, sometimes. What I understand from the game, the MC has changed a lot during previous 6 months - and he tries to act responsibly. Not as a narcoboss stereotype. At least my notion of a mafia boss is different ;) .

Contrary to you, I find many true feelings and dilemmas in this game. Much, much more then in vast majority of games here. From this point of view, the game is outstanding, IMHO.

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
Perfect mafia/narcoboss stereotype, you say... 'Cause he shot a teddybear with an arrow, five years ago... And did not take a blame for this... It was his sister's toy, by the way, and she was (is) the part of the family.
it seems to me like a completely typical sibling relationship. I wouldn't even say complicated, just kids. those who don't have siblings will never understand. you often fight, steal / destroy each other's things, snitch and much more :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: AlexMpog

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018

To put it in the most delicate way, your psychological analysis seems a bit superficial. Do you have siblings? If so, you should know that relations are quite often pretty complicated. Don't you have annoying neighbours? And we do things that don't make us proud, sometimes. What I understand from the game, the MC has changed a lot during previous 6 months - and he tries to act responsibly. Not as a narcoboss stereotype. At least my notion of a mafia boss is different ;) .

Contrary to you, I find many true feelings and dilemmas in this game. Much, much more then in vast majority of games here. From this point of view, the game is outstanding, IMHO.
Hardly psychological analysis, more just my opinion of MC.
He is so far incapable of recognizing his own faults, if others are in the wrong he'll be VERY quick to point it out, if he's to blame, he'll deflect pointing to some of their flaws.

I used narcoboss stereotype as general reference, person full of himself might be more apt word. Whatever it is, English is not my first language and too lazy to google it.

And I genuinely have to ask, did I miss him apologizing to his sister for telling her its her fault their mother is in the hospital?

Again, I can't fucking stand the guy. He reminds me of my ex-best friend that was just like that. Amazing friend to me for years, but someone who couldn't take criticism from anyone and always deflected. (also sexist, racist and so on, but that's different story)
So in a way, this could very well be me projecting real-life hatred of real person towards imaginary one. Happens.

Reactions: tslojr

holy_cat

Dec 9, 2020
Hardly psychological analysis, more just my opinion of MC.
[...]
And I genuinely have to ask, did I miss him apologizing to his sister for telling her its her fault their mother is in the hospital?
[...]
So in a way, this could very well be me projecting real-life hatred of real person towards imaginary one. Happens.
Thanks for the explanation. Obviously, we are of different opinions. For me the scene where the siblings try to break the ice is very well written. It's only the first step (from both sides) - and I would not expect, also in real life, detaled confessions and apologies. Or throwing themselves into each other's arms.

As far as blaming the sister for mother's illness... well, maybe you don't know (and I wish you that you never find it out) how such situations result in mutual - often unjust - accusations, looking for scape goats etc. It's a very difficult experience.

Well, I find some true emotions in this game, which is not typical for erotic games on F95 site. And the MC seems interesting to me because he is not one-dimensional, like in real life.

Reactions: yossa999

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Thanks for the explanation. Obviously, we are of different opinions. For me the scene where the siblings try to break the ice is very well written. It's only the first step (from both sides) - and I would not expect, also in real life, detaled confessions and apologies. Or throwing themselves into each other's arms.

As far as blaming the sister for mother's illness... well, maybe you don't know (and I wish you that you never find it out) how such situations result in mutual - often unjust - accusations, looking for scape goats etc. It's a very difficult experience.

Well, I find some true emotions in this game, which is not typical for erotic games on F95 site. And the MC seems interesting to me because he is not one-dimensional, like in real life.
Different opinions are what makes it fun :)

The scene between them talking was a good first step, I agree. It was great.
But I think apology should have come BEFORE that. If he apologized for it, then his sister acted like she does, all the fault would be on her. Granted, her not visiting their mother in hospital is fucking ouch. But her not talking to him after that? Pretty understandable.

Further on blaming sister topic, if you check my first comment, I even wrote something that agrees with your opinion. Blame happened in the heat of the moment. Stress and frustration at being helpless do lead to people saying or doing stupid shit.
However, that's where apologies come in.
Once he apologizes (and he should have by now), it would be a nice step towards changing how I see him. At least partially, lots of other faults with him. He also mentions he quit college specifically so his sister can keep at it, and to support his mother. That's admirable.

But it's only version 0.1 (didn't play before rework), perhaps he does change to recognize his own faults. To be seen.

And my only "dislike" so far in this VN is MC himself (for stated reasons). That doesn't make him a bad MC. Just to clear that out. I dislike him. That's, in my book anyway, also good, because I actually feel something towards him.

There are plenty VNs where MC is blank slate and I feel nothing. Those I quickly drop.
Granted, disliking MC is not ideal because he is what I play as. And that's where I can only keep playing in hopes there will be enough "bad" choices available throughout the story for me to ruin the guy.
You know, like running no-girls run on VNs with 10+ love interests just to see what the game has to offer outside of sex (most of the time absolutely nothing).

EDIT: Minor edit to further clarify.
I don't want goody-two-shoes. Those actively kill any desire I have at playing VN/Video game. Boy scouts make me pull my hair out, and not for good reason.

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
But it's only version 0.1 (didn't play before rework), perhaps he does change to recognize his own faults. To be seen.
neither dev nor MC did anything wrong. that argument is ripped out of a pretty big timeline. right now you're only thinking what dev wanted you to think but if you played old game before you'd know you're wrong

I won't write spoilers but this whole situation takes up a huge part in chapter 2 and as I said before it's not as you think it is

Tuatha Dé

Oct 20, 2021
What are the possible endings of this game? because apparently it is not a harem, so the Mc is going to stay with only 1 or with several but not all depending on the personality of the Lis?

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes