VN Ren'Py Beyond Tomorrow [Ch.1] [Dream Games]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
So, the dev tricked us again into believing something just to back off at the last minute and show us Samantha fans a big middle finger by making her just a damn FwB, not MC's actual girlfriend ??:WaitWhat::FacePalm: Shit, at this point, as stupid as it might sound, I half-expect to hear him say that even the mom's sickness is a big lie just to distract us from her cheating on her asshole husband with some mobster or rich dickhead that made her life a living hell cuz wannabe bad bois were her kryptonite or something, smfh.

A big asspull, of course, too ridiculous to believe even for asspull standards, or he could use Lord Aizen's Kyoka Suigetsu and make everyone believe she's a selfish slut worth killing off.:ROFLMAO:

Too much Nyx-level type of dark humor is probably too much for most players to tolerate. I'm not a big fan of this illogical 'plot twist', but at least the FwB option with them being reluctant about becoming a couple and risking their friendship sounds logical. What you said there is too much exaggerated drama in a game that doesn't needs more of it, IMO.

And let's be honest, the alternatives don't even come close to her, in terms of attractiveness or personality. Hate to say it, and I may be in the minority on this or the only one who thinks this, but the dev dropped the ball with this shit... again.
:HideThePain: :HideThePain: :HideThePain:
I fucking hate it, these days I use up all my reactions much faster than my little bag of facepalms replenishes. Yesterday there were several cool releases, so I'm out of reactions again. :oops:

Aw c'mon man, any story can be twisted in any direction until it's finished. And with the proper skill and talent, readers will not even notice that the stead has been reshod while galloping. I think you're prematurely upset about something that isn't even in the game right now, it's just the retellings of the chat conversations. I would like to see how this will be done in the game, maybe the author will surprise everyone.

And what’s wrong with the the author trying to give a red herring to the readers? They do it all the time. You watch the film for two hours, and in the end it turns out that the MC's best friends, the characters you believed in from the very beginning, turn out to be the product of the MC's beautiful mind, a hallucination.

Or should I really tell you the story about one barely known developer who, in his first game, made people believe that they would have a happy threesome ending with the two main girls, and then decided to burn one of the girls alive and forced the player to decide which one? :HideThePain:
And despite all the hate and threats he received for this little stunt, it brought him a huge audience when he release the first episode of his second game, also barely known now.

So if the players' beliefs will be broken in a cool way that actually adds thrill to the story, I'm up for it. Will see.

And yeah, so far it seems that Sam has no rivals, but I would wait for the story to develop. Cece is the smoking ace in the deck if her character is to be more than just a cameo. The the other girls haven't enough screen time yet, don't count them out too early.

ghosthog

Feb 21, 2019
People worried about what Sam will do to piss off the MC are forgetting another option: Take away MC's agency, go to a bar and get drunk/drugged and/or seduced by some a rando or sinister femme fatale. Then Sam dumps his stupid ass and MC will then have to decide if wants to fight back for her or take the easy way with a new LI.

An awful option but wouldn't be the first time a dev's railroaded an MC into such a move.

ohcmonrest

Jul 22, 2017
Uh, where are the linux libs and launcher? The supposed Windows/Linux version only has windows libs and .exe.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
I really wish the characters would show more facial expressions, especially MC, most of the scenes they simply have no expressions on their face.

Sarif119

Mar 29, 2020
Does anyone have Dream Game discord server link, Discord link is not working the one in OP

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Show less
Hellooooooo
I've been sick for the last few days, so my productivity has decreased significantly, but today I'm feeling pretty good. The render queue has been running for the last few days, but it's quite a horror. The images that started rendering today need about 50–60 minutes to complete, so it's pretty slow, but the result is great, and I'm quite satisfied.
If I count the images that have already been rendered and those that are still being rendered, it's around 450 images + 7/8 animations (not lewd scenes). It's only been 26 days since the release of Ch2, and I'm on a pretty high number. I wonder where it will end.
#####################
I was still thinking about some changes for Ch1 & Ch2. We're still more or less at the beginning, so it's not that complicated. I'm not very happy with the apartment where Olivia and MC live. Compositionally, it's very weak, but it was also probably the only model that more or less suited me when I started creating BT. And yet, as you will see in the images below the post, the visuals have changed a bit. I try to add really different lights and build surrounding objects so that the screen really looks like everything is located in some kind of world where things work and live, and unfortunately, this doesn't really match the fashion of their house. I'm quite limited there, despite the fact that I tried to adapt it to my own requirements in the past, but no, something is still missing. However, if I were to change it, I would have to change it in Ch1 & Ch2 as well. Otherwise, it would look like complete nonsense.
At the same time, in the future, we will still have to go back to Ch1 & Ch2 since there are missing animations and there are still old character models that look quite different in Ch2 and Ch3 and are in HD quality. So I'm thinking about what I could do. I can't decide at the moment. I'm sure that some "rework" for Ch1 & Ch2 is ahead of us in the future, but I don't know when. Many things are missing there. Many of them cannot be done now, and at the same time, I don't want it to slow me down significantly. I will think about it
####################
Another thing I want to mention is the PC upgrade. A few days ago, I found out that the upgrade is not very advantageous for me, as it would cost approximately €3,200, and the price for a new PC is €3,400. At the same time, I realized that it would probably be better this way because I could use my PC, which I'm using now, to create things and a new PC for rendering. This would help me greatly and speed up the whole development process. Anyway, I think the harder I work, the closer we'll get to the goal. That's all for now
- Dream

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
1700565319744.png

Chapter 3 - DevLog 5

Hey, how are you doin', everyone?
2 months from the release of Ch2, and I'm currently at 600 images. As always, I run into some complications, but whatever, I'm trying to stay positive. One scene, which wasn't even that complicated, gave me a really big headache. The first day, everything in the render queue was set to 8K resolution (6 hours of rendering for one image). When I woke up, I found out that only two images were done (yeah, I'm dumb). I went back, redoed everything, and set up a new render queue. This time, I messed up something else (yeah, I'm dumb even more). Everything was fine the third time (thankfully), and the scene was completed.
However, besides the usual stuff, I've written a cinematic that should be at the beginning of Chapter 3. It's hard to say what outcome I'm going to have from this, but according to the written part, it's really beautiful. I think I never mentioned that to you, but when I was younger, I used to play piano for a few years, and it's like riding a bicycle - you can't forget that. That's why I decided that I could maybe get back to this stuff a little bit and do some music for a game. Of course, I'm not Beethoven, but I can do something, I guess, at least for some specific moments in the game.
Besides that, there is not much to say. The writing is going well; I fell in love with the visual for Chapter 3, and we will see what's going to happen after the release. However, I'm really looking forward to that; I'm excited.
At the end, some previews
s3347.png s3320.png s3414.png s3350.png
Stay safe out there! See you later :)

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes