VN Ren'Py Abandoned Beyond Two Worlds [v0.1.5] [Tales of the Mushroom Forest]

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Damn, thought this was about the acclaimed and ever-so wonderful Two Worlds series.
It would certainly make this 'amazing' dialog sequence all the more interesting.......

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
Why does this use the saves from Mythic Manor and why are the sound effects and songs copied from it?

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Not to disparage the game but it looks like you just took the source code of mythic manor for the most part. Same UI aspects, sound effects, and it even accesses Mythic Manor saves. Why not just play Mythic Manor at that point?

Reactions: phreadom

Reiralie

Mythic Manor Lead Concept Writer
Game Developer
Apr 6, 2018
Did Jikei make this game or the creator just ripped off his musics and sound effects ?

I am a writer and co-creator of Mythic Manor alongside @Jikei :coffee: We've been made aware that this game is using Mythic Manor's assets ( UI, layout, songs we commissioned, audio files we have license to use, code, other files, etc.)

I want to confirm that NO, Jikei and I are not involved with Beyond Two Worlds and its creators.

BigDaddyEarl

Jan 31, 2018
My previous post wasn't really serious lol, but I'm glad that this situation will not be unnoticed !

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Aw man, don't copy someone's game like that. Looking at someone elses code is one thing, and perfectly fine, but it seems like the dev just copied Mythic Manor then went into the game's files and changed some stuff around.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Never seen anything like this before. Don't do that, you'll only hurt your own project doing so.

Kaizeron

VGM Producer
Game Developer
Apr 2, 2019
I am the music producer behind the music that has been implemented into "Beyond two worlds" without my permission. Said music was exclusively made for @Nocht and @Jikei 's Mythic Manor. If the creator behind this game does not contact either me or @Jikei / @Nocht within the next few days, this will have consequences.

edit: don't bother, everything has been settled.

Gyroon

Jul 20, 2018
Hmmm, dont know, this is more an introduction demo. no content about the story, music comes from Mythic Manor. hmmm.. dont think, it will be come more!!!

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
Wow... pretty blatant rip off of Mythic Manor... like literally stealing the code and assets etc.

Weebi

Oct 12, 2018
Things i like:
- Honey Select models
- Promising story
- Some good looking char
- "Anas" fetish
Dislike:
- Im not supposed to give my opinion (im not a native speaker) but the english in this game (most of the time) is hard to understand
- Reused contents from Mythic Manor (probably from others as well)
- Not sure i can stand the Yaoi content in the future plans

P/s: this game has some potentials, please dont ruin it.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
* Text for 'Enter Your Name' is hard to read. Another color would be a good idea.

* Ahh, Engrish.

* Gabrielle is usually a woman's name. Gabriel is the more accepted spelling for a male.

* Is it Gabrielle or Gabriel? Consistency is important.

* Given that so much of the dialogue is the MC's thoughts, perhaps using a font change to indicate that wwould be better than labeling the dialogue box 'Thoughts'.

* The 'Engrish' is really, really bad. Even knowing the developer is a non-native English speaker, I would think that if he or she or they want to make some money they could pay attention to such details for anything that they're making publicly.

* I assume there was a point to the test, or rather a point as to why the player has to take it? One that will be explained later?

* I hate to keep harping on this,, but the poor English makes the text difficult to interpret and also robs the characters of any sort of personality.

* I went to save the game and it loaded up the saves from another game. That shouldn't happen.

* This prologue seems pointless. Or worse, boring.

After playing through all of the content, I can honestly say I have no further desire to play this game. It's boring and lifeless, owing largely to the poor English, but also to the lack of meaningful events. It's just not a good effort.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I hope this's not just duplicate project from Mythic Manor and not even change the game's save directory. If so, this will be the lowest effort to make the game ever.
Not even the same dev.

This has ripped the GUI from Mythic Manor. Dev is using another devs work.

Jul 30, 2018
the dev of this game has lost all credibility stealing someones elses GUI is stupid this dev has no creative bones in his body. Im starting to create my own game now and i dont see any reason to copy someone else hardwork. if i ever wanted to use anything from another persons project i would ask permission first not just blatently rip off someone else.

Final Note on this project.

i wont even give this game or dev a chance until he/she learns to do things for himself like creating his own GUI and music