3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

Krugger

Aug 13, 2019
Not to mention, if the option to change clothes weren't given, there'd be those who'd complain, "They always wear the same clothes! Why can't we change them?"
Any community complains about everything, but that doesn't mean it can be any less right or wrong. The idea of a clothing system is great, but this implementation came too late. This was supposed to be thought of from the beginning, but when someone plays the game and doesn't go deep into it and tries to create their own version, they end up getting confused and disoriented. Many things could have been done from the beginning of the game, a version of your own story, dialogues that don't let the player bored and some of the most extensive and organized events. But it's not the developer's fault, if he is working alone or doesn't have a writer/screenwriter. But in a way, he could have sought help, I could have helped, but it's too late. I don't think the game is bad, but the fucking grind and little changes made me feel disheartened.

Last edited:

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Two plates and not one chocolate chip cookie...I think he is taunting you
Such BLATANT cruelty.. I think I'll go sit in the corner in protest.. What do we want?? Chocolate Chip Cookies.. When do we want them?? NOW!! (or whenever it's convenient for them to be added) :)

Of course we also don't want them rushed and undercooked, they need to be GLORIOUS tasty treats. :)

Just a thought.

pootypooty

Jul 28, 2020
Yay for me, I would like to thank the academy, ALIEN NEWS NET, GLM productions, and all my fans. And of course my biggest fan for whom this would not be possible, Mr. facepalm himself PLEASE GIVE IT UP FOR Antoninus!! YAY YAY YAY.

And the crowd went wild, then shots rang out, and an alien went down. The crowd was silent as the old alien said his last words "please please just I more facepalm..." an as is the custom, the alien was taken to area 51 in a loan and leaf garbage bag. THE END
Peak cringe

gelu123

Dec 25, 2017
Not to mention, if the option to change clothes weren't given, there'd be those who'd complain, "They always wear the same clothes! Why can't we change them?"
I doubt the backlash for the lack of cloth changing would be more than 1-2 autistic comments.. cause even if there are trolls there are still players that want new scenes. And i never said the dev shouldnt do cloth changing , but not now not in the current state of game when there are so many other things still needed (Eric events , Kate introduction, Olivia and her mom)

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I don't think rendering time is the big issue here, but rather missing a scene or two and then having script problems.
I don't know how many pictures have to be updated (and yes I am well aware that backgrounds and actors are partially separated for storage reasons) for every piece of clothing.
If he manages to implement an automatism that automatically renders every possible scene for each new piece of clothing and updates the scripts ... yay.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I don't think rendering time is the big issue here, but rather missing a scene or two and then having script problems.
I don't know how many pictures have to be updated (and yes I am well aware that backgrounds and actors are partially separated for storage reasons) for every piece of clothing.
If he manages to implement an automatism that automatically renders every possible scene for each new piece of clothing and updates the scripts ... yay.
Maybe he's found a better way to do it than what I tried when I was modding, but I found tracking which clothing was being worn and displaying the correct image with the correct item of clothing on to be surprisingly tedious. In my case, I used conditional switch statements in my image definitions to automagically use the right clothing for each scene instead of dealing with if/then or some other method in the body of the code for each scene.

The problem is that meant I had to actually define all of my images, so that amounted to hundreds of image definitions and conditional switch statements. If I was only using 1 clothing item per scene then I wouldn't have needed any of that code. No conditional switch statements and zero image definitions. Doesn't sound like a big deal but I found myself constantly dealing with broken image links. It also does require significantly more render time, although I believe he saves some time by rendering the background separately and then overlaying a smaller image focusing on the characters on top of the background image.

PuppetSoul

Jun 3, 2018
Maybe he's found a better way to do it than what I tried when I was modding, but I found tracking which clothing was being worn and displaying the correct image with the correct item of clothing on to be surprisingly tedious. In my case, I used conditional switch statements in my image definitions to automagically use the right clothing for each scene instead of dealing with if/then or some other method in the body of the code for each scene.

The problem is that meant I had to actually define all of my images, so that amounted to hundreds of image definitions and conditional switch statements. If I was only using 1 clothing item per scene then I wouldn't have needed any of that code. No conditional switch statements and zero image definitions. Doesn't sound like a big deal but I found myself constantly dealing with broken image links. It also does require significantly more render time, although I believe he saves some time by rendering the background separately and then overlaying a smaller image focusing on the characters on top of the background image.
Make two globals for each character: charclothvar and prevcharclothvar.

In your clothing change sub, have it set prevcharclothvar to charclothvar, and then set charclothvar to the variable that is being passed to it. So the clothing change sub will be like clothingchange(charvar, newsuit, charclothvar) and then have whatever flavor of tree you want pairing the suit with the correct charclothvar based on the passed charvar.

Then call the images by affixing the global to it.

So if we need "Alice" in "Swimwear1" our image is called Alice_Swimwear1 and the image is called as "Alice_" + aliceclothvar; we put that into a try, and in the exception catch for file not found, clothingchange(alice, prevaliceclothvar, default) and does "Alice_" + aliceclothvar again. Failing that would again trigger the clothingchange(alice, prevaliceclothvar, default), which would end up setting both her current and previous suits to default. If she doesn't have an image for her default suit for the scene, it'll enter an infinite loop.

This allows you to change costumes for specific scenes, and then lets your image request function handle changing people back into whatever they were previously wearing when they move into content that doesn't have that special suit and isn't setting its own.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018

Yeah, that's basically what I meant. I'm not much into Python, but in other languages I would do it just the same or I would have build the filenames according to a pattern.
With this amount of possible combinations it's all too easy to miss something. Without an automatism behind it to generate all resources it's a neverending story.
About the rendering ... I am not entirely sure how he does it. The characters are stored separatly, but each rendered character comes with a small area containing the background. So MAYBE he is always rendering the full image, then only saving the difference towards an empty background. Rendering takes time, sure, but not weeks and months. Setting up the whole thing manually would take a while however.

Grandvisier

Nov 1, 2019
I doubt the backlash for the lack of cloth changing would be more than 1-2 autistic comments.. cause even if there are trolls there are still players that want new scenes. And i never said the dev shouldnt do cloth changing , but not now not in the current state of game when there are so many other things still needed (Eric events , Kate introduction, Olivia and her mom)
Yeah, I guess something trivial, that makes the game a little more interactive isn't worth it.

Are you kidding? People complain about everything.... "Rush the latest update! NOW!".... "I can't believe the update got rushed. There's a single glitch in my free game! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Grandvisier

Nov 1, 2019
Any community complains about everything, but that doesn't mean it can be any less right or wrong. The idea of a clothing system is great, but this implementation came too late. This was supposed to be thought of from the beginning, but when someone plays the game and doesn't go deep into it and tries to create their own version, they end up getting confused and disoriented. Many things could have been done from the beginning of the game, a version of your own story, dialogues that don't let the player bored and some of the most extensive and organized events. But it's not the developer's fault, if he is working alone or doesn't have a writer/screenwriter. But in a way, he could have sought help, I could have helped, but it's too late. I don't think the game is bad, but the fucking grind and little changes made me feel disheartened.
Good... Now all you have to do is go and make the perfect game. Never change anything as you go along.

Easy to claim in hindsight.

Hell, using that "logic", cavemen should have invented jet packs and the fucking space shuttle, because that's how it should have been all along.

terryeon

Aug 9, 2017
Has anyone seen any devs, anywhere on here, ask for assistance with rendering their content? I noticed quite a few devs use laptops and I can't even begin to imagine how insanely rough that is on a person. So I've been curious for a long time why no dev just asks for help and uses discord to pump out renders as fast as they can setup their scenes. Do the want support only in money and don't actually care about their work or is there another reason for this?

Also, as for his artifacts on his layer images. I'm hoping the dev has a reason and isn't rendering the backgrounds as well. But it is possible they're using canvases properly and loading the scenes together on photoshop to check how they look. Then deleting everything else with a feather to save and change file format. Maybe it somehow looks better on their end on renpy? Or perhaps they use this to ensure it's lining up perfectly in the game as those would cause visual issues if the layers don't match up perfectly and thus it's a safety measure which would be quite clever.

Btw, please don't insult others based on misinformation please.
74644706256d15b6a3c8f273b1d817b2.gif

Reactions: tcotn and gelu123

gelu123

Dec 25, 2017
Well
Has anyone seen any devs, anywhere on here, ask for assistance with rendering their content? I noticed quite a few devs use laptops and I can't even begin to imagine how insanely rough that is on a person. So I've been curious for a long time why no dev just asks for help and uses discord to pump out renders as fast as they can setup their scenes. Do the want support only in money and don't actually care about their work or is there another reason for this?

Also, as for his artifacts on his layer images. I'm hoping the dev has a reason and isn't rendering the backgrounds as well. But it is possible they're using canvases properly and loading the scenes together on photoshop to check how they look. Then deleting everything else with a feather to save and change file format. Maybe it somehow looks better on their end on renpy? Or perhaps they use this to ensure it's lining up perfectly in the game as those would cause visual issues if the layers don't match up perfectly and thus it's a safety measure which would be quite clever.

View attachment 1439514
Well you are right , there are people here who know a thing or two about renders and are even willing to work pro bono for that matter.

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
GREEN LITTLE MEN PRODUCTIONS proudly present GIRLS OF BBAS

NOW IN HD
MP4 -ZIP FILE

If you enjoy playing this game please help support the Developer: Aleksey90 Thank you

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

View attachment 1439514
Probably a lot of things but 2 major.
1.There is not really that many devs that are making 10 000 or more dollars,euros etc,especially after all taxes.Most of the games I am playing are getting 500 and 2000.No way with that amount to afford a help.
2.If you ever try to write a book,make a game or do a painting,you will know that the art is very subjective matter.And almost any creator will prefer to keep his work.

Reactions: dasteam

dalibut

Apr 2, 2020
How much of original BB has been redone in this version of BB (including new patch coming on 8 oct) ? Is it most of the original game already incoporated then just adding more content ?

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes