3.00 star(s) 92 Votes

Pervie-Dan

May 1, 2017
I have already been told a way how to do it but you don't have to.
That's a new gameplay mechanic. You can get a credit on the web which of course you have to pay back later.

The cigarette event is indeed a bit strange. You have to give her the cigarettes in order to set her up.
The cigarette event does not need Max to have cigarettes himself. He's looking for the cigarettes that Alice already has in her room. That's why you cannot look for cigarettes at 13:00 because at that time she has them since she's smoking outside.

Buying the cigarettes is just a mechanic to make her happy by giving them to her.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
The cigarette event does not need Max to have cigarettes himself. He's looking for the cigarettes that Alice already has in her room. That's why you cannot look for cigarettes at 13:00 because at that time she has them since she's smoking outside.
Well, I had the impression that as soon as I gave them to her, it was possible to set her up when at the same time before giving them to her it wasn't. I'll give it a try at some point to see if my impression was correct or yours :)

AbrahamFroman

Jun 8, 2018
I made a patch to allow you to change the MC's name from Max to something else.

To use the patch, copy zz_patch.rpy into the \game folder and restart your game.

Enjoy.

1623090512493.png 1623090861847.png

The authors have modified the code so my patch no longer works.
I'll leave it here in case someone else wants to take a stab at it.
For me personally, I'm over it. This is why we can't have nice things.
I blame public schools.

My two cents: Instead of crippling my silly patch, maybe the code monkeys could spend time fixing the problem. I'll hold my breath. {/sarcasm}

Life is short.

Last edited:

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
Well, I had the impression that as soon as I gave them to her, it was possible to set her up when at the same time before giving them to her it wasn't. I'll give it a try at some point to see if my impression was correct or yours :)

Buying the cigarettes is just a mechanic to make her happy by giving them to her.
That is correct.

BBAS-SearchCiga-Code.jpg

While Alice smokes (her plan_name is smoke), hence you cannot look for Cigarette in her room.
The same goes with Searching the Secret Book when she reads it.

Reactions: .Black Panther.

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
I made a patch to allow you to change the MC's name from Max to something else.

To use the patch, copy zz_patch.rpyc into the \game folder and restart your game.

Enjoy.
I would suggest you to correct the code, as the current code is not going to do any changes to this game.
It maybe a generic format for most games, but this game doesn;t use any variable "mcname" or "player_name"
Moreover, there are 2 variables in your file.

The code in your attached file zz_patch.rpy
Code:
    $ mcname = renpy.input("What is your main character's name?")
    $ mcname = mcname.strip()
    if mcname == "":
        $ player_name="Max"
This is not going to work, but simply popup every time the game loads.

On that Note: I would not recommend using this file until there is some change in code.

thegrindisreal

Dec 19, 2018
The game literally stopped working. After the loading small screen nothing happens :KEK: Had to remove some save files to make it work again.

Last edited:

AbrahamFroman

Jun 8, 2018
I would suggest you to correct the code, as the current code is not going to do any changes to this game.
It maybe a generic format for most games, but this game doesn;t use any variable "mcname" or "player_name"
Moreover, there are 2 variables in your file.

The code in your attached file zz_patch.rpy
Code:
    $ mcname = renpy.input("What is your main character's name?")
    $ mcname = mcname.strip()
    if mcname == "":
        $ player_name="Max"
This is not going to work, but simply popup every time the game loads.

On that Note: I would not recommend using this file until there is some change in code.
I made this patch for myself and I never entered nothing as a name. It should now work, as advertised.

Now, if you like the name "Max" then just press enter or, better yet, don't use this patch.

Thanks for playing.

memelman

Nov 18, 2017
I don't know about this remake, but I know in the original I was pretty sure that you could reduce the cooldown on her starting to smoke again (making it so you got the pool smoking events and the opportunity to set her up faster) by giving them to her.

IIRC, she would go several days without smoking after getting caught and punished (presumably Ann took them away from her and it took her a few days to get some more), but you could get her to start smoking again right away by giving her cigarettes.

But I haven't played this remake enough to know if that mechanic works the same. Or maybe if I am just misremembering how it had worked in the original.

memelman

Nov 18, 2017
Are you supposed to get additional money when you do chores like buying groceries or cleaning the pool?

I know you did in the original, but I am pretty sure I am not in my playthrough of the current version. It sure makes the early game extra grindy, especially as even more events are tied to items compared to the original, sometimes consumable items you have to keep re-buying.

140 dollars a week does not let you accomplish very much, particularly when you have to immediately start saving 500.

thegrindisreal

Dec 19, 2018
Lisa does not ask me for help about homework...
Can Alice fulfill both smoking requests about not wearing clothes?

Pervie-Dan

May 1, 2017
Are you supposed to get additional money when you do chores like buying groceries or cleaning the pool?

I know you did in the original, but I am pretty sure I am not in my playthrough of the current version. It sure makes the early game extra grindy, especially as even more events are tied to items compared to the original, sometimes consumable items you have to keep re-buying.

140 dollars a week does not let you accomplish very much, particularly when you have to immediately start saving 500.
I don't understand why you guys are so adamant on avoiding taking the loan. I never had money issues in this game.

Reactions: greenymph

memelman

Nov 18, 2017
I don't understand why you guys are so adamant on avoiding taking the loan. I never had money issues in this game.
I did take the loan. But you still have to pay it back. So you still have to spend weeks just saving up 500 dollars, whether they are after purchasing the dress and swimsuit or before. If you get the loan it is actually 550 you need to save up so it is a few more days of grinding.

Maybe I am the only one who feels this way, but I don't particularly find having to click through 4 weeks while having basically no new content (because I can't spend any money to buy the items to get the new content) particularly fun.

And then I need another few weeks to save up enough money to get some items for other events, that will actually let me start making some money off of the web camera. The web camera you have to spend hundreds more on, between the book and advertising, for it to actually become a semi-decent source of additional income once enough events in the living room are unlocked.

Last edited:

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
BBAS-CM1_4-Title.png
Cheat Mod 1.4:
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-another-story-cheat-mod-v1-4-onlyfunz.51440/
(preview images will be added later in the Cheat Mod thread)

Change-Log:
  • "Hints" to start Opportunities that have Not Started yet.
  • In-Progress Opportunity Hints will slowly be updated. (As we already have .Black Panther.'s Walkthrough :love:)
    • Due to loads of Fixes on the Main game lately, Opportunity stages could be changed in next update.
    • If you have issues progressing an Opportunity, refer to the Walk-through.
  • "Reset" Opportunities; in-case you have failed it. (For example, "Swimsuit" opportunity)
  • Characters Screen will be updated to match the new changes.
  • Extra Character Stats.
  • Ability to Expose Memories and Photo Album. (preview only)
If you're facing any issues, kindly post it in the Cheat Mod thread.

Stay Safe.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.00 star(s) 92 Votes