3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
Do I have anything else to do here?
Mentor is finished but not alpha and blackmail. I guess you went on full friendship route with Eric and let him make Lisa jerk him off. So yeah... wait for the next update. Alpha and blackmail can only be completed if you intervene Eric and Lisa and rid Eric in the process. If you have no way to ridding Eric now then that's the end of your playthrough for now until next update.

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
Hmmm... started a new game just for kicks and suddenly this error occurred during first dinner:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/dialogues/dinner.rpy", line 15, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 662, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "core/core.rpyc", line 544, in script call
File "events/ann.rpyc", line 293, in script call
File "dialogues/alicetalk.rpyc", line 60, in script call
File "dialogues/dinner.rpyc", line 15, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Большой брат: Другая история 0.07.p2.06
Wed Jan 19 11:37:27 2022

This didn't happen before I installed the 0.6 bugfix. Something to look or just ignore? Rollback doesn't solve it.

Reactions: Lukumoide

Lio.k01

Sep 26, 2021
Party girl dress for Alice and red swimsuit for Lisa. You can buy both for a total of 500 I think. So focus on money for the 1st 2 weeks of the game.
Can I buy a video camera after 2 weeks of playing? Or do I need to buy them first, and then save up money for clothes?

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Can I buy a video camera after 2 weeks of playing? Or do I need to buy them first, and then save up money for clothes?
Well, if you have enough money for a camera, you can buy it and get a loan for the clothes. With the additional camera you can pay back your loan faster. I wouldn't get a loan for camera AND clothes however.
If you can't pay back, it won't make much of a difference, you will just be locked out from the bank. Just make sure the girls get their clothes, that's your main goal, since there is a time frame for it which is not the case for cameras. Those you can install later at any point in the game.

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
Hmmm... started a new game just for kicks and suddenly this error occurred during first dinner:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 662, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Большой брат: Другая история 0.07.p2.06
Wed Jan 19 11:37:27 2022

This didn't happen before I installed the 0.6 bugfix. Something to look or just ignore? Rollback doesn't solve it.
Thank you for reporting this. It would have been my job to find it, but I only played with Fix 6 from day 73 onwards, so I didn't discover it. Here you can see how important it is to always play from the beginning with every fix. I failed again because I didn't play from the beginning, sorry. Here you can see how elaborate and how much time testing alone takes. It often happens with the games I test that I only have a few hours to test before the update is posted. Therefore it is impossible to test everything in time and sometimes there are several fixes.
To be sure, you would have to play the entire game with every fix on all paths with all possible sub-paths.
There are three possible sub-paths to get rid of Eric
1. two pictures of Eric (Alice)
2. one picture of Eric (mobile phone path Lisa)
3. no picture of Eric (mobile phone path Lisa)

Last edited:

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
Thank you for reporting this. It would have been my job to find it, but I only played with Fix 6 from day 73 onwards, so I didn't discover it. Here you can see how important it is to always play from the beginning with every fix. I failed again because I didn't play from the beginning, sorry. Here you can see how elaborate and how much time testing alone takes. It often happens with the games I test that I only have a few hours to test before the update is posted. Therefore it is impossible to test everything in time and sometimes there are several fixes.
To be sure, you would have to play the entire game with every fix on all paths with all possible sub-paths.
There are three possible sub-paths to get rid of Eric
1. two pictures of Eric (Alice)
2. one picture of Eric (mobile phone path Lisa)
3. no picture of Eric (mobile phone path Lisa)
I understand that and with a sandbox game there's additional difficulty. Good thing the error occurred at the start of the game. It's a bit easier to trace. Additional info: Because of that error (and I chose to ignore it), error occurs every dinner. I keep ignoring them until maybe I reach the point where it's unrecoverable. I already finished the current version and I'm quite satisfied so I'm just playing again on spare time for kicks.

Reactions: Lukumoide

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
I understand that and with a sandbox game there's additional difficulty. Good thing the error occurred at the start of the game. It's a bit easier to trace. Additional info: Because of that error (and I chose to ignore it), error occurs every dinner. I keep ignoring them until maybe I reach the point where it's unrecoverable. I already finished the current version and I'm quite satisfied so I'm just playing again on spare time for kicks.
The error has already been fixed.

Reactions: Valoryn

Cabojorge

Mar 3, 2018
I haven't been so engaged to finishing a game, impressive work!

I have completed all opportunities, If anyone is interested, here is the last save.

summerjo

May 9, 2017
so I was thinking.

As of now there are 2 paths.
war
friends.

But could he actually make a 3rd path with the pretending to be friends path?

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
While you CAN buy more cameras, I recommend that you DO NOT. The BEST way to get money EARLY is to have ONLY the original (free) camera and be in the room with it (lounge/living room) as much as possible (when time advance an hour) once the website is working. Even if you have enough money do NOT buy both items for Lisa and Alice until you can get the loan (take the loan) as not doing this can cause issues.

The best money making method I have found is:
1) do chores and ask for money every day you can.
2) get website up as fast as possible.
3) buy advertising (1-4 recommended) every day. Additional Advertising can be purchased, but I have found that 4 works VERY well.
4) be in the room with first camera as much as possible while still doing opportunities.
5) When you decide to purchase more cameras (after the first 2 weeks and when you feel comfortable with your money) place them carefully. 1st at the pool, last in the eating area. Remember that you get more money based on viewers, so the more time Max is in a camera area the more money. Other people being on camera also increases viewers (money) so it is best to cover areas Max will spend more time (I haven't noticed the viewer count increase if Max is not present even if others are) thus the Lounge/Living room and Pool are most important.

Following the steps above can allow you to have a LOT of money quickly so that purchasing things will NOT be a problem. The only time I know of so far that a purchase should be delayed is the Dress for Alice and/or Swimsuit for Lisa. The only reason for this is to open the bank loan option and avoid any possible problems later.

I hope this helps.

P.S. Why do people complain when I try to help with problems in games?? I mean my advice of 'Eat 2 Chocolate Chip Cookies and do NOT call me in the morning' seems good, right?? :)

Last edited:

Valoryn

Jul 13, 2018
But isn't that just the friends path with the option to go to war?
That is how I see it so far
It is. You pretend to be friends with him while you concoct ways to keep him away from your sisters and aunt and eventually rid of him.

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes