VN Ren'Py Bitter Harvest: A Revengeful Heart [Ch. 1 Act 1] [Kalvarist]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

lahvcrystal

May 21, 2019
I don't really get why people are so upset about characters being human and fucking people? Iunno for me it doesn't affect the game experience in a negative way. Honestly really enjoyed the prologue.

Only really feedback I have to offer is maybe just tighten up some of the English. Enjoyed my time for sure and hopeful for more updates.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
After reading all the comments in the thread, I do agree that the random sex scene of the dad boning his wife came out of no where just for him to die literally 10 minutes later was not needed, the only valid scenes in the prologue are the first scene with his maid, from the looks of it she takes care of his sexual needs and the bj from the girl who is presumably a *prostitute*. We know that it is his wife, every husband has the right to have sex with his wife but showing it when the focus is on the main character was a questionable decision. If you want to add ntr to your game just make it optional, but like others said involving ntr in a harem game is a bad move, the harem and ntr fans on here are intense, you can't satisfy both at the same time, it is either one or the other.
Someone may say something like "Oh, it's not NTR yet since she's just doing it with the husband"
Ok, change it to "future love interest having a sex scene with another male besides MC."
There, we don't like that. If it's an LI don't make it happen, even if it's a random hoe make it so it's skippable.

LordWanze

Jan 27, 2022
Like the artstyle, story sounds interesting.

Have it on my "Watchlist" to test it until you make a note about the solution for the Hooker and Wife sex scene.

My preference for these would be
- Possibility to exclude the Hooker from everything that effects any other Li, best with some fitting answer options
- Simply cut the sex scene with the "parents" or make it avoidable by interupting or something like that.

But remember: its your game. Compare the story you want to tell with opinions of players and then decide and stick to it.

Good luck either way with your game.

Tastetester12

Feb 26, 2022
I don't really get why people are so upset about characters being human and fucking people? Iunno for me it doesn't affect the game experience in a negative way. Honestly really enjoyed the prologue.

Only really feedback I have to offer is maybe just tighten up some of the English. Enjoyed my time for sure and hopeful for more updates.
Ditto, really don't get why that's something people get oddly fussy about for some reason.

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
Thanks all for the feedback. I'll see what I can do to fix the (step)mom scene and Gyaru's being a hooker.
you shouldn't change it just because a few people here are complaining about it.
There are people here who have these absurd requirements for what they feel harem games should be and that precludes any dudes even being near LIs.
They search for the harem tag and then proceed to try to browbeat devs into making games the way they want.
If the mom having sex with the dad and the blonde chick being a prostitute aren't important to your game narratively then by all means change those scenes.
but if those scenes are important in establishing the tone and setting of your game then you should think twice about removing them
Bottom line is quality games will find an audience no matter what people here say about kinks and such
and if you give in to a few people complaining on here they'll only get bolder and bolder and you'll end up chasing their vision instead of your own

Nekirom

Nov 16, 2022
you shouldn't change it just because a few people here are complaining about it.
There are people here who have these absurd requirements for what they feel harem games should be and that precludes any dudes even being near LIs.
The issue is in the difference between having a harem tag and being a pure harem game, same with NTR, Futa and a lot of other tags. I enjoy mostly poly games, but that tag is unfortunately HEAVILY!!! underused. I simply want to enjoy all the game has to offer without being locked in a single romance. Several playthroughs are okay, but I prefer to play more games over replaying, especially when grind elements are in the game or the individual content on each path is very low or I have to wait months without any updates on my path. I am not a fan of pure harem games, still I look for the "harem" tag in games because I can be sure that at least the game will not force me at some point to choose between LIs or kick my butt for dating everyone. The current tag system fails completely at showing how big a certain aspect is for a game, especially with people using them basically as "trigger warnings", making it impossible to evaluate if its 5 lines in the story of a minor side character or the core concept of a game.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Bitter Harvest: A Revengeful Heart [Ch. 1 Act 1] [Kalvarist]

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 326 MB

PC/MAC: - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Well I feel like someone should acknowledge that Shiho isn't a prostitute anymore and that the scene with mom and dad is gone.
In fact Shiho seems uncharacteristically sweet for a slutty looking gyaru but hey, I'm all for it. I feel like the old version wasn't nearly as problematic as people made it out to be considering it was just the initial release and the harem wasn't established but hey, if you were holding off from playing or replaying it because of the original release then this should fix your concerns.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes