greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
Unfortunately the images still come up as those broken image thumbnails in Chrome and even if I open in desktop mode.
When you extracted the contents of the (downloaded) ZIP file onto you local hard-drive did the folder containing the BlackedAndWhited-v0.6.3-public.htm file also contain a folder named data?

eg. You should of ended up with a folder/file structure something like the following...
Code:
BlackedAndWhited-v0.6.3-public\
    public\
        BlackedAndWhited-v0.6.3-public.html
        data\
            audio\
            b\
            bf\
            ...more folders at this level...
When you copied the game's files over to your Android device did you copy the BlackedAndWhited-v0.6.3-public.htm file as well as the data folder (and its contents), or just the HTML file?

juneba

Jul 12, 2018
When you extracted the contents of the (downloaded) ZIP file onto you local hard-drive did the folder containing the BlackedAndWhited-v0.6.3-public.htm file also contain a folder named data?

eg. You should of ended up with a folder/file structure something like the following...
Code:
BlackedAndWhited-v0.6.3-public\
    public\
        BlackedAndWhited-v0.6.3-public.html
        data\
            audio\
            b\
            bf\
            ...more folders at this level...
When you copied the game's files over to your Android device did you copy the BlackedAndWhited-v0.6.3-public.htm file as well as the data folder (and its contents), or just the HTML file?
Yeah, the data file is there and seems complete. So the good news is I seemed to get it to work. From the start I was just opening the HTML from the folder itself but just to try something different I created a shortcut and ran it from that and it seems to work? Just for some closure, am I dumb and that's something I should have been doing the whole time or does that just not make sense?

Edit: I forgot to mention thanks for the responses. I appreciate you guys offering help.

jkr37

May 19, 2017
Yeah, the data file is there and seems complete. So the good news is I seemed to get it to work. From the start I was just opening the HTML from the folder itself but just to try something different I created a shortcut and ran it from that and it seems to work? Just for some closure, am I dumb and that's something I should have been doing the whole time or does that just not make sense?

Edit: I forgot to mention thanks for the responses. I appreciate you guys offering help.
Since I updated to Android Q Chrome has been doing this on my phone. Using Firefox works perfectly though when just selecting the HTML file so I've just switched to that for twine games - but as far as I can tell there's no obvious reason why chrome is suddenly not loading the local files and you shouldn't need to be fucking around with shortcuts. I thought it was just because Q on my phone is still in beta but maybe it's a more widespread issue. Anyway if you haven't tried it already then I recommend giving another browser a go, or maybe even switching to Chrome beta/canary if you don't want to change apps.

Reactions: juneba

juneba

Jul 12, 2018
Since I updated to Android Q Chrome has been doing this on my phone. Using Firefox works perfectly though when just selecting the HTML file so I've just switched to that for twine games - but as far as I can tell there's no obvious reason why chrome is suddenly not loading the local files and you shouldn't need to be fucking around with shortcuts. I thought it was just because Q on my phone is still in beta but maybe it's a more widespread issue. Anyway if you haven't tried it already then I recommend giving another browser a go, or maybe even switching to Chrome beta/canary if you don't want to change apps.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I also switched to Firefox as well as running it from a shortcut. Everything works fine now with multiple HTMLs.

DrPoods

Jun 25, 2018
It seems 0.6.4 was on the website for patreons on January 1.

I wonder when it will be available for non patreons...

Jan 23, 2019
It seems 0.6.4 was on the website for patreons on January 1.

I wonder when it will be available for non patreons...
Actually, 0.6.5 already released for patreons. On patreon membership description written:
  • Early access : you have access to the new versions between 2 weeks and 4 weeks before anyone else
So, 0.6.4 will be released for public very soon.

Reactions: Big Eiffel Tower

DrPoods

Jun 25, 2018
Actually, 0.6.5 already released for patreons. On patreon membership description written:
  • Early access : you have access to the new versions between 2 weeks and 4 weeks before anyone else
So, 0.6.4 will be released for public very soon.
Yeah I read that. Was just hoping for Big Eiffel to mosey on down and perhaps give us plebs some info! :D

Reactions: Big Eiffel Tower
Jan 23, 2019
Yeah I read that. Was just hoping for Big Eiffel to mosey on down and perhaps give us plebs some info! :D
Pay him, and he will be interested about your opinion... wait, in this case you will not be a part of plebs.:)
More info will be good, but I just satisfied, that patrician giving me spectacles for free.

3.10 star(s) 20 Votes