VN Ren'Py Blackgate [v0.187] [Bane]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
Why? There hasn't been any substantial update in more than 4 years. Blackgate is practically braindead, has been branidead for 3 years at the very least, and I'm being generous.
Not to mention that even when it still had a pulse the only bit that really required a guide was choosing your police husbando (and let's be real: basing it on the radio station you pick is kinda dumb).

kiri3tsubasa

Nov 19, 2017
out of curiosity has this game released a new version on patreon as i looked through that last few posts an nothing

PAEC2785

Aug 23, 2022
I couldn't find a separate forum for this, so I'll ask it here, since it's sort of related. Does anyone know what happened with Project Aego? It's like the whole thing just disappeared.

Update: I found it. I was tired and didn't think to clear the search criteria before searching. My apologies.

Last edited:

PaleAngel_90

Mar 16, 2021
I couldn't find a separate forum for this, so I'll ask it here, since it's sort of related. Does anyone know what happened with Project Aego? It's like the whole thing just disappeared.
If memory serves me right it was abandoned like 4-5 years ago?

AstriaTaltrix

Sep 5, 2017
This game is technically not abandoned, the latest public version is v0.174 and was released recently on December 31st, 2022. It can be found for free on their Patreon here:

Or if you don't feel like going there, here are the direct Mediafire links:
Windows:

Mac:

Change Log
+Gruff Night 10
(Rest of the Change Logs are on their Patreon, by the looks of it they update the game monthly at the end of each month.)

Last edited:

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
This game is technically not abandoned, the latest public version is v0.174 and was released recently on December 31st, 2022. It can be found for free on their Patreon here:

Or if you don't feel like going there, here are the direct Mediafire links:
Windows:

Mac:

Change Log
+Gruff Night 10
(Rest of the Change Logs are on their Patreon, by the looks of it they update the game monthly at the end of each month.)
Lol, it's other way around.
"This game seems not abandoned due to 'free updates', but it's technically abandoned".
or
"The development of this game is abandoned, but the monetisation scheme is not abandoned."

Publishing updates, doesn't technically mean it gets updated.
Whether has a free public version, has nothing to do with it.

Aug 2, 2019
The game has been dead for some time now. Bane is just propping up it's rotting, maggot infested corpse to get a quick buck. Even those who followed the patreon constantly check how much was done or changed so people wouldn't get scammed. The sprite artist Mr.E vanished with out a trace. Darkgem jumped ship years ago. Echo team washed their hands of bane and Blackgate as well. Story is barely there anymore. As much as I like Gruff, Rotis, and Krane. I sadly had to let this game go. If you want a good horror based VN there is Burrrows, Echoes and arches.

Aug 2, 2019
That is just tragic, Blackgate was a great game too. What a waste...
Thats what makes it sadder in my eyes. The concept alone was interesting enough to garner attention, he had darkgem working on CG and another great sprite artist and he fumbled it all to make quick money. Pointless extra routes, the YCH route bs thing, faux updates so it could fit the quota. A good idea went to waste cause bane didnt know how to handle it and his ambition or lack there of led it to ruin.

Last edited:

PaleAngel_90

Mar 16, 2021
Thats what makes it sadder in my eyes. The concept alone was interesting enough to garner attention, he had darkgem working on CG and another great sprite artist and he fumbled it all to make quick money. Pointless extra routes, the YCH route bs thing, faux updates so it could fit the quota. A good idea went to waste cause bane didnt know how to handle it and his ambition or lack there of led it to ruin.
Couldn't have said it better. His greed was his own downfall.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes