Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017

This month's update is more content for Debora. I'll focus on making her catch up to the others before continuing the main story and adding more events for all characters.

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
:
Mac :
Android:

Others:

What's new?
  • 4 new events for Debora : 2 Friendship, 1 Love & 1 Lust
Not the most thrilling update, I know. I spent a lot of (too much?) time on Moon's Daughter, and more polls & information on it will come soon. Go check out my for more info!

Reactions: Popgoes668

timeracers

Mar 24, 2018
I found a few bugs, and fixes.
Both forms of Nap Time ability deal negative arousal instead of calm, so if you have any focus you don't get healed but instead have focus increased. When changing pages of backup abilities going backwards below page 0 often errors because it will try to go to non-integer number page. Lastly swapping or otherwise interacting with backup abilities outside of page 0 will instead use the ability on page 0, so I added 9 * abilityPage + in 6 places in dreamDive.

timeracers

Mar 24, 2018
I found some more bugs, and fixes.
Dubious Remedy doesn't follow convention, so is unclear what it's intended effect should be, by default poison is applied to opponent and calm is applied yourself (but the help section lists it incorrectly), what the card actually does is apply both effects to yourself.
Focus works differently for the player compared to the opponent, the opponent's focus can mitigate poison damage or other damage that bypasses defenses, but the player's focus can't. To add that ability this code needs to be added to the hpToPlayer function, otherwise if poison is intended to bypass focus then the corresponding code from hpToOpponent needs to be removed. EDIT: Adding this breaks some effects that are supposed to bypass focus.
Python:
        if pEffects.has_key(focusEff):
                val = focusEff.onDamaged(val, True, isReaction)
Also found that abilityPage wasn't automatically changed when necessary, such as when discarding abilities or starting a new dream dive, so for the former I changed this block of code in removeCard.
Python:
        if card in backupAbilities:
            backupAbilities.pop(backupAbilities.index(card))
            if abilityPage > 0 and abilityPage > (len(backupAbilities) - 1) / 9:
                previousPage()
On the side I noticed that the hippy can't accomplish anything if you have any aphro cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toramizu

Toramizu

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I found a few bugs, and fixes.
Both forms of Nap Time ability deal negative arousal instead of calm, so if you have any focus you don't get healed but instead have focus increased. When changing pages of backup abilities going backwards below page 0 often errors because it will try to go to non-integer number page. Lastly swapping or otherwise interacting with backup abilities outside of page 0 will instead use the ability on page 0, so I added 9 * abilityPage + in 6 places in dreamDive.
I found some more bugs, and fixes.
Dubious Remedy doesn't follow convention, so is unclear what it's intended effect should be, by default poison is applied to opponent and calm is applied yourself (but the help section lists it incorrectly), what the card actually does is apply both effects to yourself.
Focus works differently for the player compared to the opponent, the opponent's focus can mitigate poison damage or other damage that bypasses defenses, but the player's focus can't. To add that ability this code needs to be added to the hpToPlayer function, otherwise if poison is intended to bypass focus then the corresponding code from hpToOpponent needs to be removed. EDIT: Adding this breaks some effects that are supposed to bypass focus.
Python:
        if pEffects.has_key(focusEff):
                val = focusEff.onDamaged(val, True, isReaction)
Also found that abilityPage wasn't automatically changed when necessary, such as when discarding abilities or starting a new dream dive, so for the former I changed this block of code in removeCard.
Python:
        if card in backupAbilities:
            backupAbilities.pop(backupAbilities.index(card))
            if abilityPage > 0 and abilityPage > (len(backupAbilities) - 1) / 9:
                previousPage()
On the side I noticed that the hippy can't accomplish anything if you have any aphro cards.
Thanks for noticing all that, it's really helpful, especially if you fix most of it yourself :p.
All that should be fixed now.
  • Nap Time is fixed, an old leftover from when I didn't have a dedicated calm effect.
  • Swapping pages crashed because 1.0 wasn't equal to 1, bad assumption on my part.
  • I also added 9 * abilityPage + to fix grabbing the page 0 (now page 1) when on another page.
  • Dubious Remedy worked as intended, but it's text clarifies it. It should poison you in addition to heal, so you can use it when close to victory but loses it's advantage if you take too long after.
  • Poison should bypass focus, I just forgot to remove the "if oEffects.has_key(focusEff):..." part from the opponent damage calculation.
  • Emptying a page should swap to the previous one, and I fixed a small softlock if you swapped your 10th ability to an empty slot.

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
:
Mac :
Android:

Others:

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes