VN - Ren'Py - Blurring the Walls [v0.5.2] [Torimiata]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Zajuchch

Good story, I love slow progress.
    I love how the GF is slowly opening up and changing, how the BF is encouraging her and enjoying it. Ari is great, how she pushes it all tactfully and carefully, because she knows that BF is enjoying it (and so is she).
    Ignore the haters and continue what you started as you planned. I wish you a strong will and success in the continuation of the story.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

LoyalSilence

I love this game so far. Not a lot of true netorase games out there so far and the dev has said its going to stay that way. I love the visuals and its a slow burn which I know you either love or hate but I personally love it. Dev also communicates a lot and you can tell they have a lot of passion for this project. I'm excited to see it continue.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

ubira

shallow dialogues without any depth, some sentences of dialogue that don't make sense or don't have a specific subject and don't lead anywhere.

- For me there are two types of ntr protagonists. which the game makes fools of the player
    - and the ntr of which the protagonist is always in control with the player, so that the LIs is always keeping an eye on the mc noticing his reaction, and any sign that he is getting upset with the ntr, she runs back to him and constantly values him above other npc saying she loves him and everything

unfortunately this game is the first type, an idiotic mc for ntr, of which he is left behind by his own choice and does not last 20 seconds in sex with his girlfriend, of which she herself comments that this leaves her frustrated.

a lot of delay in a single beach event that could have been something simpler, since the reason for the beach scene is just to show how much LIS likes to show off in public, and the mc likes that.
    but the dialogue in these beach scenes seems like half the game is just that, they keep repeating this subject of her liking to show off for a LONG time, even though it could have progressed to other themes in the story
    Even when they return home from the beach, they continue saying this even when they are going to sleep, and it is exactly the same sentences without anything new being added.

the image of LIS whispering in the MC's ear is constantly repeated, the same image is often repeated several times, for any type of situation, not even to change the expression.

There are no animations, practically everything is static, if you call a 2 second animation loop.
    The art is good but sometimes the face looks weird like the image when they are kissing which is just a close up of their face, I wouldn't call that image a kiss.

It might be a good game to pass the time, but it's not something that captivated me.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Zytoxx

Review based on v0.4.0:
    This game is genuinely worth reading if you are into some sweet voyeurism, teasing, exhibitionism and especially some rare but well done netorase.
    (So far it's got a nice and slow progression of scenes and teasing towards a Netorase relationship, will definitely be looking forward to future updates!)

Firstly, I'm surprised to find a decently written "cuck" character that actually wants to join in his kinky relationship dynamic of wholesome sex with his waifu + a shit ton of netorase spice to kink up their relationship for themselves. And secondly, it's a first for me to find such a well edited and consistent AI art blend that meshes well with the writing, and the dev's choice of kinks for scenes.
    (If there's any particular criticism so far, it's really only the choices mostly being kinetic and pointless so far, there's really only one path forward for scenes, with other options only providing extra dialog.)
    I'm usually spooked by AI art inclusions but this VN is the first I've personally read that utilizes it exceptionally well, so props for that Torimiata :D
    So it's definitely worth trying out if you want consistent quality AI art + Netorase writing done right!
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Rastafoo

At the time of review, this game is four months into development and has pioneered the art of using AI art to create attractive visuals while the game is largely lacking in all other aspects. I expect more games of this style in the future.

You, your gf, and your GigaChad MegaDong Ladykiller GymBro friend Terrace all rent a house by the beach and take a vacation together. From the start, we all know its just a countdown timer until your gf fucks Terrace.

You also have a childhood friend who flashes her coochie and makes out with Terrace because she will die without male attention.

Then there's random pictures of AI generated food, which was neat the first time, but now is getting a bit absurd. Like, do we really got to see what these people are eating every meal of the day?

What I'm saying is, the writing is not very good. The game is carried by the visuals and little else. There are ways to build slow-burn erotic tension, but this dev is doing that while completely disregarding any sense of flow and believability. It feels more like a series of loosely connected corruption events, rather than a cohesive narrative.

The game is still in early development, but as of now, I cannot recommend it unless you like big boobs and need to rub one out.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

GetOutOfMyLab

Version 0.40.0

When the game first released I thought it was quite well done. The art is really good, especially for AI and the premise of the story is very sexy.

Now that I've played 0.40.0, I'm not sure if I can continue playing this game. These are my complaints:

Too much narrator. I get some people like the "novel" part of "visual novel". I'm not one of them. So when the narrator is constantly describing what I should be seeing, that's no good in my book. I won't penalize the rating based on this, just something I don't like.

Too much teasing. And I get some people might like a lengthy scene where one character is doing teasing talk the whole time. I'm not one of those people. It's just too drawn out in my opinion. And I'm not saying they should be gang banging right away or anything like that. I'm literally talking about the length of the tease dialogue.

This is a bad one. The developer over uses the flash transition and honestly, it constantly going off just ruins the fucking scene. This can be saved by disabling transitions in Ren'Py, but not sure if that negatively affects anything else yet.

The worst offender is the dev's use of $ renpy.pause(delay = 2.0, hard = True). And it's not just the use, he uses it to fucking death. Devs... you should not use hard=true unless there is a very good reason, which is usually never. Use pause 2.0. This is a playability issue and really ruined the experience for me.

Finally, forced footfag content. I hate feet. And you can't avoid the scene.

For me, this was a game that showed a lot of promise that honestly had me wishing the update would just end because I was so fucking annoyed.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

raptr

Very hot game with an actual interesting story. Not only I am surprised I have enjoyed it so much being more used to the generic 3D animated VNs, also because I discovered I enjoy a kink I didn't even know existed lol. Girls are super cute and the AI art is quite decent. Looking forward for the next updates!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Emptyplanet

I didn't see why this VN had such a high score at first; the art was all AI generated which is typically the sign of a lazy developer skipping out on making a curated experience. You'd have thought so, anyway.

But actually I found the AI art to be really tasteful and not derpy at all. The characters retain their look even through scene changes which was my main concern with AI art. I didn't see a single 7 fingered monster either, which is impressive for AI art.

The sound design was decent too, nothing revolutionary or crazy but it carried the atmosphere of the scenes better than most VNs I see that get posted here.

But what really carries this VN is the dialogue, the premise and its pacing. The characterization of the cast is well displayed, you can get a real sense of these characters personalities. All characters are likeable in their own way and play off of one another really well.

My main 'problem' with the characterization of the cast mainly stems from how open everyone is about sex and sex acts in general - I didn't really get a sense of embarrassment or hesitance from some of the characters when it would be appropriate to display it.

The premise for a NTR / NTS game is also interesting. A vacation with your roommate and your current GF along with a childhood friend is a pretty unique setup, especially with how the characters interact with one another. As I said everyone is quite open, and so these dynamics are explored without much restraint.

As for the pacing, I think this is where the VN really shines. So many VNs and games I play on this site have no build up, no character development or progression - they just jump straight into the act. I think that this is where most developers get it wrong. Blurring the walls takes time to create rapport between the MMC & the FMC, establishes boundaries, experiments and give feedback on what they like; and all of these things are developed naturally and realistically.

My main problem with other games is that the logic or the reasoning for characters and how they act can be so unbelievable and odd that they take me out of the series - Blurred Walls doesn't do this for me at all, I'm always locked in because the characters make sense for the most part. Again my only nitpick is that sometimes the characters are a little too open and lack reservation; beyond that my immersion wasn't broken once which I think to be a great mark of a good writer.

Although there is room for improvement; I believe that by this sites standards and some of the stuff I see get posted here; that this VN is a clear 5 out of 5 - on an AI VN no less. Mad props to the developer.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

YumiNoPico

Very good game. Great CGs with great story. This is a slow burn game, so be warned 'bout that. The sex senes are very hot and spicy (even that the CGs sex scenes has a slow burn pace); it's like you want to keep following the story and the lines, even in the sex scenes (so, as you an imagine, I like very muccch the CGs).

So, basicaly, it's a 10/10 for me.

See ya! <3
  10. 5.00 star(s)

slmkaz

Seeing the high reviews made me want to check it out even though I've fallen into the stigma of almost completely ignoring ai cg at a glance.
    If you're like me, and for some reason still checking the reviews just as I did I'll basically tell you what I would have told past me.

1. The AI CG is very well done, beyond a couple images where the mouth looks a bit off, you could easily convince yourself this is just an artist's style.
    2. Oh boy is there a lot of dialogue during the sex scenes. I wasn't expecting a half-bout of 20 questions while I'm getting a handjob but I also didn't think I'd find myself looking past point one. As someone who generally clicks fast during such scenes since it's usually just lines of moaning dialogue, I implore you to slow down during them.
    3. Some choices matter, but while there seems to be a scale of how 'open' you are, there really seems like there's 3 stages. You're either super open, normal, or going to get launched back to the title screen. Maybe the latter will get fleshed out at some point?
    4. It's tagging is NTR, but from what I understand it seems to be veering more to NTS. (i.e you're aware and allowing it to happen rather than being discretely cheated on). Honestly I don't really care either way but I know for some people the distinction is basically life or death.

TLDR if you like the genre, you'll probably like it more than majority of games with its genre on this site, even with the ai cg.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Rickk2029

This is the best game of the genre I've played in my life. Its plot unfolds in such a well-paced and engaging manner, it's absolutely captivating. The way the story develops slowly adds a level of depth and intrigue that's rare in games today. Every moment feels meticulously crafted, making the overall experience not just enjoyable but also uniquely immersive. Truly a standout title in its genre.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

MashedGarlic

Excellent game. Very nice arts, good writing and story build up is exceptional, looking forward to future updates and hope for more thrilling contents. Love every single bits of this game and keep it up.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Sallen 49

So good story so far, I would caution against going overboard and writing an odyssey. More Renpy games/vn's I play tend to go on and on so be careful to avoid this. I'm increasingly becoming a major fan of Netorase, Sharing, Swinging over Netorare. The whole "broken by a HUUUUUGGE COCK" trope has run it's coarse with me.

But I do want to see Ayumi gangbanged and her loving every minute of it. Cant a slut just be a slut?

The Art Style is AAA+++ even the Food has me Salivating. Another caution I would proffer is Torimiata doesn't indulge Patreon votes to steer his story. I am getting quite annoyed that some creators are ceding they're stories to the "community"

So off to a great start Torimiata keep up the good work (y) (y)(y)(y)(y)
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3727657

WOW ! This game is wonderful! I really enjoyed it so much that I don't know what word to use to describe the pleasure I got.

The personality of MC's girlfriend is extremely attractive . I fell in love with her. She drives people crazy. She speaks so well. She is so great.

The story is very interesting, not complicated and boring, based on the relationship.

MC and MC Friend have very attractive characters
    The art is wonderful.

Your MC girlfriend's face and body are wonderful.

The writing is very strong, you won't get tired at all even though it is long!

The atmosphere is wonderful.

The story, model and concept are all original.

The in-game physiologies are great.

The in-game teasings are fantastic.

Etc ...

In general, the most important thing is the enjoyment you get from the game, and I really enjoyed it a lot
    I fully believe that if it goes like this, it will be strongly supported!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

marvis22

It's an awesome start so far. I'm already supporting through Patreon. A pure well written netorase. Atelier Sakura could learn with this one.

The relationship between the girlfriend and the MC has a lot of building and it doesn't feel shallow. Also, it's possible to feel genuine love from the girl and the best friend is not a jerk (so far).
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Trickstar

Actually great, the art is consistent and nice, the girl is cute and has a cute personality. It's not typical braindead girl stolen but rather a nice start to a wholesome netorase story. The girl doesn't treat the mc like trash like where most games in the genre tend to always do. Also the best friend isn't just there to NTR the mc and treat him like trash but actually feels like a half decent person.

It is just good all around. I can't wait for more.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1671272

Good to keep an eye on this, the art is great and the build up to the eventual NTS/NTR is looking good.

This is also one of the only examples I've seen of incorporating AI art in a dignified way, using it as an accessory rather than solely relying on it.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

kristo0086

I officially declare this game the best Netorase game of all time . No Atelier Sakura game can compare with this game in terms of quality and interesting plot . Beautiful characters hot girl hot dialogues and scenes are great for the first release.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

Aw shit boys new wholesome exhibitionism VN dropped? Sign me up yesterday. Blurring the Walls is an exhibitionism focused VN following a girlfriend/boyfriend pair and their public exploration.

It's quite short at the moment, but it has a lot of promise. There's a little bit of NTS content revolving around a fantasy of the couple being watched by others, but many choices obviously signal the MC's budding interest. It'll be interesting where the Dev heads with it in the future.

There's not a huge number of images and a lot of them are very slight facial variations on other images. The images are pretty great though, so it's a rather small problem. I can get a certain level of AI CG in the images, but it doesn't feel like a cheap cash grab. If it makes the updates fast, I could get behind this level of AI CG.

The story can feel a little too long at moments as well. There's a lot of speaking during the sexy times without a lot of progress. A certain amount of slow burn teasing is fine, but it starts to feel a little repetitive at times.

This genre for this game is directly in my strike zone, so take my five star with a certain grain of salt. Nevertheless, if you're into wholesome exhibitionism you'll have a great time here. I'm looking forward to more.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Belphy

This has the ability to become one of the best games in the NTS genre. Art is fantastic, dialogue is great(lots of realism, build-up, essential stuff for good NTS) I suggest you get a schedule going and perhaps a patreon or something similar to better cover yourself.

When can we expect an update?