Unity - BMO TV [v0.6.2.f4] [Rel]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Pretentious Goblin

A management game about a sadistic game show where the contestants use devices to turn each other into dimwitted bimbos while trying to avoid the same fate themselves. Really, most of my complaints are things that I think are a work-in-progress, with the exception of some bad design choices.

What I liked:

- The mandatory randomized transformations that take place each week. These are the same type every playthrough and affect things such as the contestant's life goals, and permanent changes to their hair color. If the player is in last place, they get to choose their change, at the expense of bonus standard transformations (body proportions, libido etc) that can occur from events during normal gameplay. I like how the mental changes affect gameplay in a non-negligible way, e.g. the "gym bunny" life goal adds happiness after exercising. Unfortunately, while it is presented as random, currently the changes that happen to other contestants are the same ones every time. E.g. Katelyn will always get the life-goal to be a housewife. I hope the plan is to add more potential outcomes here as well.

- The "thought cloud" feature that shows the thoughts in MC's mind is is a nice touch, if not impactful on the gameplay.

- Manual selection of make up is a great idea for a game like this, and it even affects some stats. Same for the clothing system.

- The promise of altering the other contestants to your fancy (in intelligence, clothing and body shape) is appealing. Sadly, largely not implemented yet.

- The choice to avoid/undo bimbofication of your character, pursue it or only allow (or indeed cause) specific changes that you want, is great. There's a risk-reward element to it, as extreme bimbofication leads to a contestant being disqualified but also helps garner audience votes. For example, being horny adds more votes when the protagonist talks to the audience each day, but taking it too far and orgasming in public will lead to a random transformation. While low intelligence dampens negative mood effects, it also leaves the protagonist vulnerable to forced transformations.

What I didn't like:

- The QTEs are pointless through-and-through. Just a repetitive annoyance. The only one I missed was the scripted one that was made intentionally hard/impossible. Even if I'd missed some, I'd be calling bullshit because QTEs are a pointless game mechanic in any game.

- Major scripted events (such as Himari's stamp and Katelyn destroying your wardrobe after you mess with her). Things like this, that the player can't anticipate and that are easily averted by using a guide, are not good game design. I feel the best way to include them is to make every outcome potentially beneficial in some way (so no noob-trap choices that are a complete waste), and ideally have an ingame hint system so that first-time players don't end up aggravated. Punishing the player for not pixel-hunting enough or not reading a guide is not the way to go.

- Similarly, contestants seem have their own scripted reactions to being bimbofied by the MC. Himari doesn't even seem to notice, Katelyn notices and retaliates, Abigail notices (you get a relationship drop) but apparently does nothing. You don't know what to expect or plan for, except from a guide or trial & error.

- The disqualification mechanic is rather simple and puzzle-like (use a device on a character 3 times, and some have to be done before others), and is hopefully only a placeholder for more complex systems.

- The one contestant that can be injected right now (Abigail) has way too sudden of a shift, going from egghead to vapid in one injection. Hopefully there will later be more a lot more stages to the transformations of each contestant.

- The bimbo-slut levels aren't really explained and I just found the rash-exhibitionism mechanic confusing at first. There don't seem to be any penalties for exceeding the target bimbo/slut levels (nor am I sure they have any impact on the gameplay), unlike exhbitionism.

- The other contestants don't interact with each other at all as far as I could see, which hurts the premise of the game and should be rectified, even if it's just dialogue without a major impact on the gameplay. Truth be told, the fact that they aren't bimbofying each other gives the player a bit more agency and I could see how a total free-for-all could be too hectic, but either way their relationships and interactions should be more dynamic.

- Some gameplay options just have no point right now. Cooking, eating at the kitchen never seem worth it, nor many interactions with the other contestants. I think there should be a difference between spending significant time with a character (e.g. watching TV with Himari) and just chatting with them to observe their state of mind. "Can't you see I'm busy right now?" should not advance a time slot.

- Hardly any illustrated sex right now, just some masturbation of the characters with the placeholder art.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Shadowndev99

I really like the new art of this update like background of the TV room and the mistress and me Mc hhhhh.... It's just missing new activities and stuff to do and I hope really really slow the key thing when event about to happen and short it to wasd not going to jump my fingers around the keyboard anyway I really looking to see how it will be after 4~6 updates for now...