3.40 star(s) 16 Votes

Xhin

Aug 7, 2017
When does a game get the abandoned status cause its been a full year and no news on an update anytime soon

Oct 11, 2019
Any updates would be nice good or bad, love the manor and this game too. Seems like it has a tun of potential, even if its three years down the road to receive a update/abandoned etc i would love to hear what to expect the future of this project to be. anyways keep it up :)

Oseo Bones

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
I'll tell my kids to play this if the game gets an update by then.
It's always good to teach your children to enjoy the finest thing in life. Kudos! (although, I obliged to recommend you to do that when they are 18+ yo)

We need Nadya to have bigger tits. PERIODT.
I'm pretty happy with her sizes right now... sorry.

At the moment the developer (Oseo Bones) is busy and focused on The Manor project.

Just like the developers of Treasure of Nadia, (example) they are busy and focused on their project.

PS: my personal opinion;

And it's a good thing, I prefer only one project followed, done well and complete,

that ten projects are unfinished and badly done.
Well, this is awkward.
Right now I'm focused in a 60% to Survivor Guilt, and a 35% to The Manor... And you may think: "Bones, Do you even math?"..
And I'll answer: "Of course not, math is bad for your teeth". But yeah, that 5% is for undisclosed stuff... (like social life and stuff).

Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016
I got a fridge full of redbull and a cabinet full of ibuprofen. I'll be alright (*fingerguns)
Just don't eat any strawberries or playing with ball bearings.

"It all started with the strawberries."

There I go again. Showing my age.

Oseo Bones

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
Okay, good luck then. :)

Anyway a question from a rookie; wasn't The Manor the first of the two projects?

Why this delay, compared to the second project?

Or is it just me who gets confused.

Thank you.
"BT: The Manor" is my first project (originally on Patreon). But the Patreon's inquisition finally got to me and they want me to change the game to be more "patreon-friendly"... Which I didn't want. What's the point of making a incest and beasty game without the incest and beasty content. So I moved it to SubscribeStar. However I didn't want to lose my Patreon account. So given I got like a lot of project ideas and some of them are kinda "Patreon-friendly", I decided to make a demo for one of them... enters "BT: Survivor Guilt".
Now I had to take some time to make and entire demo for a new game, thus, some time passed where BT:TM had no content... then, when the second game (demo) was ready, I went back to BT:TM. I worked in a couple updates for it, given it is the main and more popular of the two. But now I'm officially working on both, but I will be giving priority to one or the other. This time, BT:SG has the priority.

I hope that all of this confusing blabering helped to un-confuse you.

TL;DR: Some things happen and then it didn't until we are here where other things started to happen.

Just don't eat any strawberries or playing with ball bearings.

"It all started with the strawberries."

There I go again. Showing my age.
HAHAHAHA!.. you're a funny fellow... I didn't understand any of what you just said... but you are a funny fellow.

Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016
"BT: The Manor" is my first project (originally on Patreon). But the Patreon's inquisition finally got to me and they want me to change the game to be more "patreon-friendly"... Which I didn't want. What's the point of making a incest and beasty game without the incest and beasty content. So I moved it to SubscribeStar. However I didn't want to lose my Patreon account. So given I got like a lot of project ideas and some of them are kinda "Patreon-friendly", I decided to make a demo for one of them... enters "BT: Survivor Guilt".
Now I had to take some time to make and entire demo for a new game, thus, some time passed where BT:TM had no content... then, when the second game (demo) was ready, I went back to BT:TM. I worked in a couple updates for it, given it is the main and more popular of the two. But now I'm officially working on both, but I will be giving priority to one or the other. This time, BT:SG has the priority.

I hope that all of this confusing blabering helped to un-confuse you.

TL;DR: Some things happen and then it didn't until we are here where other things started to happen.

HAHAHAHA!.. you're a funny fellow... I didn't understand any of what you just said... but you are a funny fellow.
Google "It all started with the strawberries.

Oseo Bones

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
Okay, thank you for your honesty and for the effort you put in.

But if I can give you a piece of advice, I remain of the idea to focus on one project at a time, even if this may cost a little bit of disappointment for some, but at least you would focus better on one of the two projects and you should not resort to redbulls.

Which then disappointment would not be, also because you have a solid base of guys following you, so you wouldn't have, I think, reliability and trust issues as a person (and then as a developer).

Maybe, you could temporarily suspend one of the two, creating an update (for one of the two) and then adding and specifying that you would focus on one of the two projects. (in this or the other thread)

This does not mean that the second project of the two would be abandoned, but momentarily suspended.

Mine is just a suggestion and as I believe, even less stress on your part, that you could throw yourself 100% on that project you decided to choose.

In the meantime, of course, the new ideas that would come to your mind, could be noted for example in some paper notepad and then shot later for the second project.

The important thing, however, would always be to be intellectually honest with yourself. (in the other thread I mentioned the various reasons to be honest, as you have read and know)

For my part I continue to follow you, I wish you good luck with the choices you will make.
Just to be clear. When I say "I will work on both at the same time" it does not mean I will making one with my left hand and the other with my right one... it is more like Working a couple day in one, and a couple day in the other. Somehow people think that when someone works in two things they are splitting in two. even if the two game are different, the way in which I work in both is practically the same and not at all opposite... I mean, it is not like trying to bring peace to the world while trying to sell nuclear weapons... that's a shitty example, but you get me. The only thing I will manage to do if I work in only one project at the time, will be making one game's update come faster than the other.

I could list here the short, yet important, set of reasons of why working on both things is actually better... for example:

-Alternating works helps prevent burn-out.
-Not leaving a project untouched for a month (or more) help not forgetting where you were at it or what changes you made to the code, art, etc.
-Giving 100% time priority to one project means the other one will take ages between updates (duh... already happen while I was working on BT:TM)

And that like 3 of a 5 items list of reasons... (I said it is short)

But to be real... and I don't want to blow the whistle for other devs... but saying that working on two projects is "Super hard" is just kind of a great excuse people use nowadays to have something to say to their followers when the dev lost a lot of time procrastinating. Unless you are working on two extremely different things that require lots of time and attention on each one (like wanting to be happy while being married...)
If you think about it.... my two games are like ONE big game with separate releases. And I prefer for each one to take a bit more of time to update than leaving only one to suffer from delays... because "communism".

Man, I wrote a lot... sorry about that.
Regardless, I appreciate the suggestion.

EDIT: Just in case... I too have been guilty of procrastination, I'm not saint nor I'm better that other devs... but in this gig, procrastination is one of the result of burn-out. And believe me, after working in this for three years, I think I'm more than ready to say that getting burn-out from this is reaaaaally easy.

EDIT 2: Oh and I got my sweet share of people getting mad for delays and overall fanbase frustration... but it is now kind of a badge of honor. As I always say: I can't make everyone happy... that's why I'll try to make myself happy, and with luck, some folks will enjoy my work... I got no intention of getting rich not being super famous in this... I just want to enjoy what I do for a living and when the time comes for me to finally die in pain and suffering, just look back and think that enjoyed most of my time on earth... before dying in pain and suffering...

Last edited:

Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016
3 things that I never argue with anyone about because you will never change anyone's mind about the subject.

1) Politics.
2) Religion.
3) How to make a proper bowl of chili.

Oseo Bones

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
It's probably just me being too old...

You young people were born, in the computer and technological age and therefore you would certainly know better how to manage this business.

In my own small way, I think I am old fashioned, a traditionalist.

And of course in these speeches, I always leave politics and spies out, I never liked those sons of bitches.

But if you think you can do it, with your timing, your skills and your experience, then my compliments on your determination.

The important thing is (as I have written several times in other threads and not only on this one) that you don't spend ten years to complete a game.

Especially if there is money in it from us users and this I hope is very clear.

That I remember, a long time ago, the old game developers, the games were released either once completed or with the shareware formula (surely you know what I'm talking about) and at the same time, they took less time to complete a game with the few means they had at the time (they had to build from scratch even the graphics engine, be it an rpg, an arcade, a beat'm up, a shoot'm up, etc.). ), that the new levers of today, that all the paraphernalia of graphics engines available and with all possible plugins, to create even a simple texture of a vagina, take at least a month.

I say that most likely they have no experience in the field and therefore justify their actions with the most imaginative bullshit of this world.

I hope it is not your case and for the rest, as I said, I wish you a good job and good choices.

PS:

Wealth is not in how much you gain over time.

The wealth is in the work that you leave to time.

So what you have created and how you have created it.

You will be remembered for this, not for how much money you have earned.

My dear friend.

Suffering is only what we justify for the evil of others.

The goal is serenity of soul.

Peace and good :coffee:
Just gonna say that I think you think that I'm younger than I am... BUT... if you think I'm old as I am and you are older enough to think I'm young enough to be enough younger than you to be older enough... then you must be around 50. Which if so, kudos!.

(No... I'm not having a stroke... it actually makes sense..)

3.40 star(s) 16 Votes